First Night Recap of Deadline Weekend

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Guru x 26, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Guru x 26

Guru x 26 S46 Kelly Cup Champion

Discord:
    Guru x 26#3694
    Ratings:
    +255 / 9 / -18
    The trade deadline is always an exciting time. Management teams have to decide if they want to strengthen their rosters for playoff pushes or if they want to sell off for future assets. The first few hours of deadline weekend had some interesting moves. Let’s take a look at some of them.

(P.S. First write-up ever, please be nice, I do my best :) )

Syracuse Sends RW @Laine Buddy to Cleveland for C @Suzuki I14I

This is a trade that seems to benefit both sides. Cleveland has a very solid group of centers so it makes sense for them to trade Suzuki(41p 11g 30a, 13 gp) for the goal scoring winger Laine Buddy(34p 22g 12a, 18 gp). The Crunch made this trade because they needed to add a playmaking center according to the reports that star center @Sitful would be making a switch to right wing to play alongside @l1l Sharp l0l. This would give them what they hope to be a dominating top line with solid depth to fill out the rest of the lineup.

Bridgeport Sends @phiNnyy & @BigSaveNabokov to Hartford for @Vandy l97l & @Grimm483

Phinny and BigSaveNabokov are very solid players and are able to play at pretty much any position needed for Hartford when needed. Grimm has spent most of the season in the CHL, but he plans on making himself a valuable addition to the Sound TIgers. Vandy is joining Bridgeport to team up with former CHL linemate @x FG17 where they combined for 194 points in S34 together going 19-5-0 in the regular season. We shall see if they are able to recreate that success together to help Bridgeport make a push for the playoffs.

Ontario Sends @Ryonn, @Reynoldsx24, @Gr4peKoolA1D, & @SaiPh87 to Grand Rapids for @Yantzer x 84, @recon diety, @l Herndy l, @BostonMLV, @xDemon12x, & @ll SiZZLe ll

The Reign were very busy tonight, overhauling their forward core in multiple trades. A main piece in this trade for them is the talented winger Demon who has 45 points with a strong record of 11-3-4. Another interesting player they acquired is Sizzle who has had an up and down season but amounted an impressive 48 points. Herndy is also a solid winger posting 44 points so far. Ontario has struggled this season, but you have to respect the management team’s determination to not quit try to improve their team by mixing things up. Grand Rapids comes away from this trade being very happy with themselves. Ryonn, Reynolds, & Saiph are all very good forwards, totaling 145 points on the year between the three of them. They must be extremely excited to have been sent to a team currently sitting in a strong playoff position, which had an already impressive forward group. Grape is a nice pick-up as well, who has plenty of NHL experience to add to the Griffins’ blue line.

Ontario Sends @LeFantomeNordik, @lX Kane 88 Xl, @ARedEyedJedi420, & a 3rd to Rochester for @RaiN l 87 l, @xItsMonzYx, @Lunaetiik, @xx Geo 09, @iStazzi, & @JustTheGod

Another big trade for Ontario here getting more players in return than what they sent away attempting to add depth throughout their lineup. JustTheGod(26 pts) and Rain(41 pts) will make immediate impacts to the team, bringing scoring up front as well as winning mindsets. iStazzi is a good defenseman who Ontario will make use of I’m sure. Rochester strengthens their team by bringing in Nordik and Kane who have very strong chemistry together, which I believe is the most important factor required to win big games. These guys have played together a TON and will be thrilled to have the opportunity to jump into the playoff race with their new teammates on the Americans.

Charlotte Sends @Cotonouate7855 & @Scorvat to San Antonio for @ZeRo-I92I

This trade appears to make perfect sense. San Antonio, a struggling team, brings in Cotonouate who is a promising draft pick whose rights they will have for another season after this one is over. They send Zero(33pts 13g 20a, 15gp) to the Checkers who was already with them earlier in the season and had success there that he will look to start where he left off.

Utica Sends @Hughes l4l to Laval for @MayerTopKat100

This is a trade by Utica that seems like they were saying “Why not?” in regards to acquiring MayerTopKat. He is a guy that has struggled mightily recently, but has had incredibly successful seasons in the past. If they can find the time to help him find his groove, he obviously has a skillset that can be valuable.

Providence Sends @TOP LINE TOM, @CrimsonStorm87, @AZMikeWar, @Ookiiieee, & @Bski1313 to San Antonio for @Cannarozzo & @Crosby9482

Another move here for San Antonio. They send their guy Crosby( who has stuck with them all season since bidding to a team atop the standings. I’m guessing he was a great team player all year and his management team is paying him back by setting him up for success to end the season. He is accompanied by fellow center Cannarozzo who has had past success in the AHL. They look forward to helping Providence close out the season in any way they can. San Antonio gets a return of a bundle of players that will hopefully be excited to play in the AHL and help the guys over there finish out the season as best as they can.

Iowa Sends @dirtsaucesnipes & @Dominator Silva to Rockford for @Bryce18xx716

Rockeford picks up for themselves d-man dirtsauce, along with a right wing in Dominator who has spent most of his career at defense. He is having himself a solid year at forward already compiling 41 points. Iowa gets back a talented center in Bryce who can play anywhere up front well, accumulating 860 points in nearly 400 career AHL games. He is an experienced player who will need to bring that into a Wild locker room that is hanging onto a playoff spot.

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 20
    Gurux26
  2. Clutch l28l

Clutch l28l Washed Vet

Discord:
    Clutch#1521
    Ratings:
    +1,474 / 118 / -116
    Well done. Love to see new faces in media.

• Like Like x 3
    In Diamond Dynasty
    the717clutch
  3. Iv 0VI vI

Iv 0VI vI wyddd stepbr0VI

Ratings:
    +113 / 6 / -15
    Great write up buddy. This was well-written with good content.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    Quick, simple and an easy read. Love it!!

• Like Like x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  5. l Freddy ll

l Freddy ll 17

Discord:
    lfreddyll#0
    Ratings:
    +320 / 6 / -12
    good job young sir!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. ISLANNDS

ISLANNDS Well-Known Member

Discord:
    islannds#0
    Ratings:
    +99 / 16 / -11
    Nice write up!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    ISLANNDS
  7. Doobs Da Merc

Doobs Da Merc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    doobrex#0
    Ratings:
    +56 / 1 / -4
    • Like Like x 1
    twitchydoobs
  8. xDemon12x

xDemon12x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdemon12x#0
    Ratings:
    +48 / 4 / -7
    Nice write up man. Thanks for the comment you said about me .

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. JC Enterprise

JC Enterprise Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JC Enterprise#2601
    Ratings:
    +549 / 46 / -41
    Great write up!

• Like Like x 2
    XxFireHeartsxX
  10. BigShaft1427

BigShaft1427 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Best article I have read to date! Well done guru! Very informative and provides a great outlook on the current standing of the league! Bravo sir!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. xWolf29x

xWolf29x I'm going to have to put you on hold

Ratings:
    +203 / 9 / -20
    Rip night #2 sad

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account