League Player's REPs

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by TheBobbyOrr4, Mar 30, 2020.

?

DO you think LG should have a player REP to help with the Staff/player relations?

1. yes

66.9%
  2. no

16.2%
  3. SFTU, I DONT CARE!

16.9%
  1. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    This is truly what should be happening. If you have a issue as a player with staff you’re most likely to get the best help by asking management to talk to staff for you. Like act as in every team has a player rep and that is your owner. I think the system is fine. I’ve never not gotten a reply on discord or LG from Brodie regarding a issue. If you’re a player and your owner thinks you’ve been done wrong then he will fight for you, but sometimes it’s just outta our hands.

• Like Like x 1
    chipyox
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    The managers have always been mediators between staff and players.

They know the rules well, and they are willing to go to bat against staff if they have an issue.

Personally we have a ton of great communicators in those roles and I like the job that they do

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. DJU4040

DJU4040 DJU4040

Discord:
    dju4040#0
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Right, it basically does come down to the owner of the team being your player rep or the GM.....If you look at actual NHL player reps, each team votes on a player as the rep and sometimes an alternate. In LG, each team could vote for one, but that player would probably not be around all season since trades in this league happen daily and it's rare a player will still be on the same team he started on by the end of the season. That said, it would make sense that the team owner or GM serve as the player rep and alternate.

The only way it would truly make sense to have a player rep other than the owner/GM would be if an actual union/players association were established. In light of this being a virtual gaming league, I'm not sure what purpose a union would serve other than discipline issues since there's no true salary or player benefits issues to be negotiated.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. TheBobbyOrr4

TheBobbyOrr4 Anyone need a pizza

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    @DJ4040 has the right idea now!

Skyhighsms
  5. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    Not that I'm for or against this in any capacity - I'm sure there are pros and cons both for having and not having a player rep / players union.

But you guys know that you can just come talk to us about any issue that arises and myself or any of the BOG will do their best to provide you with a proper answer. I can't think of a single case this season where anyone has come to us and we've effectively told them to fuck off. I would hate to be treated that way so we've made a point not to be dismissive as a staff. Are there moments where people come to us frustrated? Of course. And I'm sure that sometimes people continue to feel that way after dealing with us. But we're doing our best to affect real change and to change the culture of the staff/player relationship. And as much as we'd all love a magic button that fixes everything, there are definitely battles that we need to pick. The goal is small, meaningful changes over time to better the league in the long run. I'm sorry if people continue to be frustrated with us as a staff. I know a couple of you guys out there like to say that we're stupid or heading in the wrong direction. Or think that you can do better. We're all ears. We're open to suggestion and we're open to criticism and we want the league to be the best version of itself in the same way that you do. The last thing I can say is that I'm trying. My staff is trying. And we all genuinely care about making things better. So if you see something you don't like, or something that you think requires our attention, please reach out. That's why we're here.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. mamm7216

mamm7216 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +372 / 7 / -13
    I volunteer as tribute

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. TheBobbyOrr4

TheBobbyOrr4 Anyone need a pizza

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    The staff is making a strong case for itself right now. BUT, did you notice not one of them are for trying the idea out? If it doesn't work we could always revert back to what is slightly working now. This league IMO is losing players drastically and the top end of the league has fallen apart. We need to do a better job on holding onto players.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Skyhighsms
  8. Chipy-ox

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    Cause the system has no issues already. No reason to try it out if its already working. Just use your owners as your player rep its that easy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    chipyox
  9. Parihse

Parihse Friends call me P

Discord:
    Parihse#8419
    Ratings:
    +415 / 7 / -32
    If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. You won’t find staff like this in any other league. There are rules that are enforced and if you don’t agree with a ruling there is a way to appeal it. Why create a middle man when you can talk to the staff yourself? Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
    parihse
  10. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    @LG McDonald You can't possibly sit here and say PSN isn't an after-thought to Xbox. Been doing media stuff with weekly podcasts for the league, All-Star Selections, and even awards for the last two seasons, after many seasons without anybody stepping up. About a month ago my media tag was taken away. Why? Because Tris didn't like that I was promoting my podcasts outside of LG game times (Probably didn't even know it was a podcast for the league) and didn't like me promoting LGHL PSN player streams to the LGHL PSN forum, which was overriding the Xbox streams that were being promoted Site Wide. Whats the point of having a PSN forum if all you want to push Site Wide is the Xbox streams?

And we still haven't received a clear answer as to why Xbox was able to do Can-Am, while PSN was told to hold off for whatever reason.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Coachx19
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    @AffordableDreams send me a list of the official active media members weeks ago and I pruned the group based on that recommendation... Do you have a formal communication from Tris stating what you are saying? I personally had no issues with your media contributions, but I always was not made aware of why you tag was taken. Like I said I personally pruned SEVERAL accounts, and it was mind numbing work where I didn't question what dreams wanted. He has been overseeing all the official media on PSN for several seasons, I'd recommend you getting in touch with him to have this sorted out, include me on the site PMs

As for CanAM, it has ALWAYS been a community ran event, meaning that NONE of the site staff or league staff run the event. The last time it was a go on PSN, i believe it was Prime than organized it.

If you guys want CanAm, get a group together like Xbox did, come to tris and i with a plan, and lets do it...

Xbox AHL is looking at doing a regional event as well that will be community lead. We have opened our door before to HUT players who want to practice for GWC... it just takes community members to step up and run events.

PSN is my favorite league and if this covid stuff continues, I'll likely be strictly PSN next season. Also my big plans for the CHL will likely come true on PSN long before Xbox can make it happen. This community is just more willing to change and adapt and tow the company line to accomplish collective goals.

I hope this cleared up some confusion for you

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    Josh was already setting it in motion... you are the one who said DM us... and then Josh has already stated he was told to hold off, while Xbox was able to move forward.

CanAm.PNG CanAm2.PNG

Coachx19
  13. Chipy-ox

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    I am kind of tired of PSN not getting as much support as Xbox when we have just as good sign up numbers and see the most growth. We haven’t had a tournament over here for money since the middle of NHL 19 and it was on the week of college finals. I think it’s about time we at least get some sort of tournament for money like the Xbox side. Some people don’t wanna go play Xbox and they shouldn’t have to, just to get a better competitive experience. @Tris10 @LG McDonald If you give the PS4 guys a free tournament like the Xbox guys I can promise you’ll have a lot of teams show up. You’ll also get Xbox guys to come over here and play which only helps the PS4 community, because the biggest thing we lack is competition.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    chipyox
  14. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I don’t recall ever getting the DM.. bro did I say hold off. The last CanAm event had stipulations so players has to be in the LGHL. the events were ran at the same time before...

again I don’t see why it wouldn’t go forward if the community wants it

LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    As stated before the “free” cash events are sponsored tournaments. The original sponsor, Space esports wanted to only run and support the Xbox side of things. After those three events were completed, Elite Prospects wanted to follow suit with the same format we already had in place

The prizing is completely independent from LG. So when a company comes to us and says hey this is what we want, that is what we deliver.

same as the Caps Gaming event. They decided to go strictly XBOX as well.

if there was a sponsor who wanted a PS4 event we would gladly do it. That opportunity has not arose

also the last time we tried to run eshl with a buyin pool, after a few Xbox teams who has both consoles signed up, the interest level dropped off.

ideally with how big the 3s community is on PS4, I would love to run 3s buyin events for PS4 but we’d need times and committment from the community

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  16. Chipy-ox

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    Anything to get money tournaments on PS4 I’m here for even if it’s just 3s. If you need help lmk. Also is there anything we can do as a community to make sponsors more open to the idea of sponsoring a PS4 tourney?

• Like Like x 1
    chipyox
  17. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Ya it is hard to say. Right now the community size and talent base on Xbox is so deep, but in the Euro countries its all PS4.

I don't think we can do anything really unless a company wants to invest into 3s hockey.

Our ears are always open for possibilities hence we expanded to PSN in the first place

• Like Like x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    Guys guys guys, @Pattelite was voted president years ago

No Streaming Account
  19. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Every league could use a little Chris Paul in it :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Woytkiw8
  20. BonnnJouRRR

BonnnJouRRR Young Old Head

Discord:
    LeKotkaniemi#4895
    Ratings:
    +736 / 16 / -45
    I don't really see the point of this. It seems like this would just add a new line of communication but that line would be less direct. The current way to reach staff is direct, but with a player rep, you're just adding an intermediary. I think my point of view is also influenced by the fact that I don't really think people get shafted by the BoG's and Brodie's rulings. Even if I felt like people were getting shafted by those rulings, I still feel the current system is efficient enough for you to contact the staff and make your case. The player rep would kind of help if someone struggles to make logical points and make their case, but even then I feel like you can have your management help you with that. I feel like the rules are clear and it's quite easy to respect them, so people don't really get shafted most of the time. The share play incident can be fixed with one thing: just don't share play during league games.

• Winner Winner x 1
    mike71111