Please Vote! Stepping out of my comfort zone...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming World Jr Championship (LGWJC)' started by GreatHAMbino67, Apr 24, 2020.

?

How many games will I play before I get sent down to TC?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2020.
  1. 1-3

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. 4-6

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. 6-10

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. All games possible, you're way too good to ever be on TC

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. GreatHAMbino67

GreatHAMbino67 Backup Goalie/TC Skater

Discord:
    GreatHAMbino67#5342
    Ratings:
    +383 / 20 / -36
    Hey friends,

I signed up for WJC as Right Defense and it was a total leap of faith, seeing as how I have never played a game at defense in my LG career. I have a good friend who was going to be my D partner but the draft had different plans for us. I was drafted 181st overall by Kazakhstan, a team who I only know a couple of players, and I didn't play a single game with them in scouting or any time before that as a dman. With that being said, I do appreciate them drafting me, and giving me the chance. I just hope they understand what they are getting in to.

This is a total experiment on my part just to see if I can compete at any level as a defender. Goalie is getting so boring to me, partly because I have lost focus in it and haven't been playing that well recently, along with the game just not allowing me to sit in the middle of the net and be good at G :eyes:. I wanted to try something new and I felt that this would be the best place to start.

Good luck to all the WJC teams, hope everyone has fun!

Have a wonderful day friends,

Ham

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    GreatHAMbino67
  2. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    You have all the relevant experience you need. As a goalie you're used to being blamed by your forwards for allowing goals. Now you just get to leave the crease more often. Good luck!

How your goalie will treat you:

[​IMG]

The help you can expect from your forwards:

[​IMG]

When you gain possession of the puck in your corner and look for an outlet pass:

[​IMG]

Always communicate with your D partner on coverage:

[​IMG]

The attitude you have to adopt to survive:

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,754 / 76 / -125
    You will be fine @GreatHAMbino67 you have been around long enough and know enough to slide right into the position with ease. What your lacking right now is confidence after the Solar Bear beat you up and that just shouldn't be the case. When I left the crease 6 seasons ago I thought I may flounder a bit but I felt right off the hop like a pretty serviceable D man because of my experience as a G and seeing the ice and plays develop. That level of skill only sharpens with time. This may be just what you need for your continued goal tending success. A little time to breathe, decompress and crush a few jar headed wingers that think they are gonna dance to the net! Good luck to you my continental comrade. But know that if we match up I'm sticking an empty bottle of Smirnoff up your pretty little sphincter!

Udachi (this is good luck in Russian)

• Like Like x 1
    notoriousfat00
  4. rifleman10

rifleman10 Recognize

Discord:
    rifleman10#5719
    Ratings:
    +273 / 23 / -44
    This pole is unjust, 0 was not an option.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. GreatHAMbino67

Discord:
    GreatHAMbino67#5342
    Ratings:
    +383 / 20 / -36
    Thank you sir, I appreciate the kind words. Also if you have to shove a Smirnoff bottle up my sphincter can we make sure that it is full so I can at least get a buzz out of it? Thanks and good luck pal.

GreatHAMbino67
  6. GreatHAMbino67

Discord:
    GreatHAMbino67#5342
    Ratings:
    +383 / 20 / -36
    You make a valid point, for that I can't deny. The bed was made at this point.

• Like Like x 1
    GreatHAMbino67
  7. TNOOSE856

TNOOSE856 Krauwn is my father

Discord:
    TNOOSE856#1753
    Ratings:
    +717 / 22 / -37
    I'm willing to say that you will end up being a solid dman @GreatHAMbino67 . Goalies tend to have a unique perspective once theyve played between the pipes as long as you have and usually end up having an excellent grasp on being in the right position as a skater. The only forewarning I would have is to make sure you keep your skin nice and thick since youre sliding into a defense slot. When teams win, the offense typically gets the glory regardless of the score and when teams lose, its normally the defense's fault. People tend to shy away from dumping on the goalie since they tend to be in short supply, especially the good ones like you in net.

Best of luck on the transition brotha.

• Like Like x 3
    Tnoose856