A Message of Champions to Tampa/Arizona

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by I MT98 I, May 13, 2020.

1. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    First off, what a Cup finals right? It was always hilarious to me how these Yotes found a way to have a storyline in every series, and this series was no different. What other team would be in the Finals with us besides Tampa Bay? It was fate, really was. I want to start this thread off by giving a handshake to every member of the Tampa roster, because you guys are champions and that shouldn't be forgotten. I counted y'all out of even your first round series against Boston and you guys got to this point, so my hat is tipped to every single one of you. Here we go, get ready for the essay to start:

@Levac27 - People were tough on you for your first two games of the series, but I've seen enough of you to know how great of a goalie you can be, and I know for a fact I wanted nothing to do with you whenever you got hot. Unfortunately it happens man, and to know that everyone doubted you as a goalie to being a goaltender on the Eastern Conference champions, that's a huge accomplishment. You can definitely build on this my dude.

@BMauro98 - Honestly don't know much about you besides you're another guy that grinded from the CHL to the AHL to the spot you're at now. Keep it up, love the guys that take their time with their development.

@calmblueicex - Someone who always produces when put in a situation to succeed. Not surprised that you had a good season and a good playoff run.

@Datsy-_- - You got your Facebook Cup at least. I heard Dowden costed.

@Filip_Zadina - You helped create the funniest moment in LG history. Thank you for your service.

@l Ringy l97l - Some of the stuff you did in your LG past is a liiiiiiiiittle shady but ultimately I know you're a good guy and I always enjoyed playing with you the few times we clubbed together. Ggs, hopefully you can snag a better contract next season.

@NerdyMamba - The Team 23 original! I honestly don't know a lot about you except for you being the one to start Team 23 (I think?) and I know how much Cody respects you as a person and a manager so it was a pleasure to play against you in these finals. You really didn't have to break my heart in Game 4 like that but clutch people do clutch things.

@oshlag - One of the most underrated players in LG and it's almost becoming that you're not even underrated anymore lol. Every season people see your price tag and hate on it and then all you do is produce. Love it.

@SebQc97 - Finally a Bolt that was there when I was there! Didn't get to play with you for that long but you're such a special player and the contract you had was straight up robbery. Always a struggle to defend against you and you complimented Lazie so well. If you're in bidding next season I wouldn't even sweat it because no matter what contract you get and what linemates you get, you'll find a way to still be a monster.

@Snoki69 - Another one! Such a sneaky good player that can slot in first to third line in the line-up and no line will miss a tick. You're such an asset with how much of a utility you can be and I hope people finally are put on notice of how good you are after 19 and 18-win seasons.

@TJKeSS - You've always been someone you can slot in the bottom-6 and expect 12+ wins and of course you delivered again this season. Solid 1v1 player as well this year, ggs.

@xgoalscorer9 - From the AHL conference finals to the Stanley Cup finals, what a ride man.

@xOneTimer - It's crazy to me how much you've developed as a player. A year ago you were a Condor goaltender, and a backup at that. Now you're lining up with Lafleur and clamping. Just wild. Honestly a true example that player development exists in this league if you're looking to get better and it's so great to see you in the spot you're in as a player.

@XxKickaPooXx - Cody and the guys had some high praise for you which doesn't surprise me as you were another guy he loved having around his roster and these finals showed it. Game 3 and 4 you made the saves you needed to make, Game 5 you did all you could and Game 6, what is there to say. Someone was going to get a greasy one and that was ultimately the only way to beat you.

Time to acknowledge Tampa's management:

@PrometheusXVII - I told y'all to not pull a ducksfan after this series so I better not see someone like you do that. I think you're well aware that people either like you or hate you but personally I enjoy shit talkers so I always enjoyed the interactions with you. Partly a reason why I had to kill you with kindness this series because I wasn't looking to get in a words war with you lmao. Ggs, you really turned this team around after the horrendous bidding they had and you deserve a lot of credit for it.

@ImLxziee- - I think you realized the mistake of playing Game 5 but big game players make big game plays and I respected the attempt from someone like you to do that. As much as my team wants to rip me for it, in my mind you are so deserving of winning the Conn Smythe. I know it's not the exact award you wanted from these finals but watching you play was mesmerizing. You took your play to such a high level that I didn't even get surprised when you clutched up, because it seemed to happen every single time you played. I respect you so much as a player and every time I get the chance to play you I enjoy the challenge. Ggs.

@LaFleuR11 - You didn't want to play me, I get it. You also probably expected me to talk trash all series long, but there was no point to me. I wanted to beat you in game, I didn't care about the out of game stuff with this. Game 4 was extremely frustrating, but you were the better player that game. I'll give you that. But, I wasn't going to let this series slip away. I respect you as a player but it still amazes me that you never once thought about apologizing to me. I didn't have to give you Tampa yet I let you have the team. I didn't have to let you pick whatever GM you want yet I let you. I didn't have to let you do bidding but I did, and you repay me, after being 7-1-1, by snaking me and trading for WillRollTide, and dumping me to a dumpster fire. I spent a year of my time with that team and you threw it away without ever even confronting me with a simple "hey man, we'd like to move in another direction with the team, where would you want to be?" and instead decided that while I'm across the continent visiting a buddy was the best time to stab me in the back and fuck me over. I do respect that you rallied the troops about myself as evident by Mamba's post, good stuff, really didn't expect anything less and I honestly applaud the hustle. You're a solid player and you turned back the clock in Game 4, as a competitor I respect you, but as a person it always disappointed me that that's how you decided to end things. It is what it is.

PNG.jpg

Found it, thanks.

So that's Tampa, and now it's time to talk about the STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS. What a season this was, and what a group of guys this team had. We weren't the most skilled, we didn't run the smoothest trap or had the best system, and we weren't the deepest team in the league, but holy shit did we grind our asses off to put ourselves in this spot. I got so much to say to you boys:

@Stater5714 - The man that got us past Dallas! So happy to have you as part of our goalie tandem, and when you got hot there was no one I wanted more in the crease than you. Even when you weren't on your game, you always supported the boys and I can't thank you enough for being the ultimate team player.

@xkilluh95x - You defied all the expectations I had for you. Way back in bidding I remembered you from New Jersey and thought of you as a solid 1B and oh my god did you ever blow that expectation out of the water. Game 7 win vs. Seattle and a Game 6 Cup-clinching shutout are so deserved for you my man. I could tell when the team had you in net they felt confident in relying on you if they're in need and you really can't ask for any other feeling from your goaltender.

@Rico Suave TOS - Another total team player, you really developed over the season into a shutdown D-man that the 3rd pairing needed and it was so awesome to see. You limited using your stick and once playoffs hit you were so in touch with how to get body position as a defender. Pleasure to play my last game of the series with you as my LD.

@wildstajan1 - As the team would call you, Bad Jake. You may have got shit on all season but it was fun to team up with you after all the seasons in the AHL against each other, and as much as some people (@Dowdenn) said you were a do nothing AGM, you were a great do nothing AGM! All seriousness, so happy to have you get a Stanley to match with your Calder.

@Compost06 - Back to back like Jordan '96, '97. Had some big games these playoffs so I guess there's a reason they call you Mr. Game 6 eh. Glad to pick you up at the deadline to strengthen our 3rd pairing.

@Ransom613 - You're not even going to see this so I can really say whatever I want. Shoutout Gour. He went from obsessing over you to obsessing over a Cup.

@Happy-Gilmore-27 - BAD WEEK TO BE A BLUE CAN! Love ya Brax, you talk about clamping and then you go out and do your thing. Also have never had a Game 7 where you didn't score. SOOOOOONK.

@Miipanton - Our hero against Colorado's west, really not much more that's needed to say. Was probably my favourite moment of the playoffs to just be a part of the discord going wild with the rest of the boys. Keep sniping. Jesus Saves.

@CorrosiveJake - The human wrecking ball himself. You had TWENTY-TWO hits in one game. One game. Sometimes you make me cringe because I swear you deserve 3 chargings and a boarding per game but you make it work. When you had the puck everyone just had to respect the unit. West coast best coast, maybe? Possibly?

@Williams_55 - You'd forget your head if it wasn't attached to your neck but man who cares when you can deliver like you did in Game 5 vs. Seattle. Maybe our biggest backpack performance of the season and although I would've loved to finish the series in 6, it gave us the chance to come through in 7 and get to the SCF. LFG Playoff Kyle.

@Boughss - When I came to this team I thought I was always going to be the most toxic on the team. Then I met you and immediately began to question myself. In the end it was probably my favourite relationship with another line's player because you always gave me something to compete with, and even though (sadly but not sadly) you beat me out in the regular season, I think I gave you a good run in these playoffs. You had to get that Cup-winning goal though and I ain't mad at all ahaha. BOUG MAN GETS CUPS. Keep killing it Jared, enjoyed the competition.

#NeverForget
    Number 1: @Boughss - C - $9 mil This one is a real head-scratcher. This was a day 1 $9 mil bid, not a final day desperation bid. By all accounts, Boughs is a solid player. Definitely a good 2C on a $4-$5 mil contract. I played a couple games with him awhile back and thought, “hey, this guy is solid. He’d be a great support guy on a top line.” Here we are a short while later and he’s got carry a line money. Arizona has a fairly talented roster so I don’t think this will hurt them as much as some other guys on this list, but man, this is a huge over payment.

Now to the boys I played with this season:

@Ols-9- - One half of the D pairing that saved my season. Crazy to think how we've played against each other for so long in club, then face off in the Calder finals in S8, and now we're winning a Cup together. Always was a competitor and always looked forward to challenges whenever we had a must-win or a big line on the schedule. Ecstatic to share this Cup together with you.

@X4x-HaLL-x4x - Val d'Or represent! Honestly I still don't even know if you remember me from way back then but it doesn't even matter when your ass was L2ing down the ice all season and pulling off some crazy shit. So glad I took the time to play a few games with you before bidding because I knew I needed you as my right wing this season. The one frenchy on the team was all we needed for some QC puck luck, let's go Kevv! Gotta finish this with some of your popular phrases now: Good. Perfect. Perf. :muscleemoji:. :team460:

@Dowdenn - The other half of the D pairing that saved my season but you'd probably say that you saved it more and maybe I'd have to agree with you. Your development as a player was so outstanding from even just a year ago, and when Brayden approached with the trade I knew I had to take it. Zero regrets. You came as advertised and more. We may have butted heads a few times but I never wanted snowflakes on my line anyways, I wanted people that snapped back when I snapped, and in the end it was always appreciated as we got over it. You retired, un-retired, got a Cup, and I hope you retire again. Rockstar shit Aaron, rockstar shit.

@Mjvoell44 - I can't stress enough how important you were to my success this season. There is no way I could have eased into playing centre without your help. Ever since your first playoff run with Buffalo I knew I had to get you some way and somehow as my left wing. Did I ever think it was going to be while I play centre? Probably not, but I think that's what made it even better. Going through the growing pains at the start of the season to piecing it all together going into the playoffs after our deadline trade was a journey I'll always remember. There is no left wing in this league I would've wanted beside me this season than you and I'm so thrilled that in your second shot you got your Cup. I'm really going to miss yelling LFG MITCH, but I enjoyed it while I could. :D

And finally...

@MrPurpleCrush - Where do I even start with you man. Known each other for so long (#KawkUp) and I always thought that some day we should team up, not only because of the player you are but the manager that you are. When I approached you about maybe GMing for you this season I didn't even expect much. I really thought you'd find someone else that you deemed a better fit or had more skill than me and I would've totally understood. But, you went with me, and all you did was trust me as a player. You got me the players I told you I needed to succeed and ultimately it got us a Cup. Sometimes all you need is a little confidence and trust from your owner, and that's just something I never felt in the NHL until this season. You gave me that confidence back and I can't thank you enough for it. I'm so glad we got the chance to work together and integrate your ideas of building a Cup-winning team and my ideas. While I think our ideas were sometimes so different, was always a great conversation to works things out and combine forces. We're champs Cody, they can't take this away from us.

So this is it, again congratulations to the Lightning on a great postseason and congrats to THESE YOTES. I wanna end this post with a few people I wanted to thank over my time playing on this console. My three goals when I came to LG were to win a Memorial Cup, a Calder Cup, and a Stanley Cup. Checklist completed. I know a lot of people know me as a sweat who can rage at any moment, and really I wouldn't want to be known any other way than being a competitor that people enjoyed playing against, whether they liked me or hated me. I'm someone that always needed motivation to play in this league and now that my goals are completed it's time that I head to xbox only and continue being hungry. I can get very complacent if I continue to do and go after the same thing so I look forward to the new challenge I'm giving myself. Besides, no better way I could think of to leave this console than being a champ. Couldn't have done it without these people:

@Drewl24l - Right place, right time I guess. Still cracks me up that of all teams to get randomly assigned to in Season 4, it was Val d'Or. I still remember you seeing my club stats and wanting to give me a shot, which I was always thankful for. I knew how good the team was and I just wanted to play any way I could, whether it was C, LW, RD, or even goalie for the playoff run. Then on top of that, you got me into the AHL. Never had to draft me, and who knows, maybe I would've went back to the CHL for another season and quit the league. But you did it, and I'll always credit you for making me stick with LG. Thanks Melt.

@Iceblock84 - Toddblock! After getting to the AHL as a RD, I wanted to go back to RW as RFA was a weird but amazing thing at the time for drafted players like me. I was looking back at the trade a couple weeks ago aha, but without you I don't get a chance to prove myself as a forward in LG. I was just some random 1M player to everyone and you gave me the platform to be first line in the AHL. Wouldn't have found confidence as a forward again without your help. Thanks Todd.

@Bo-Dangles10 @CJ l58l @BLong67- @xOgLowkeyyx - Have to thank the Hartford boys. It was such a special season and it's always a blast to look back on. Obviously without y'all I never get my Calder for the triple crown. Without Bo stockpiling the picks I never get the foundation I needed to build a winner. Without CJ reading my website PM even though I was a complete random to him and just letting me into the group I never get to know him and Brayden, and that's a world I don't wanna think about. Brayden, who gave me my first sense of "wow, I'm not the best winger on the roster" and made me strive to be at my best every time I played in Hartford. You also approached me with the Ols-Dowden trade so I am forever grateful. Finally, have to end it off with Kyle. I know we're not on the best of terms right now and we haven't been for awhile, but without you I really don't know if I understand the team game going into the NHL. I was always just someone that wanted the puck for himself and didn't matter who I had at centre, I was going to do my thing. Then you came along and wanted me to do... give-and-gos? I was so confused at first, but obviously we did it and we got goals left and right. Without it I probably get clamped in the playoffs once again and the team probably combusts. Thanks Kyle, and thanks to all of you along with the rest of the Hartford boys, always going to have great memories from Season 8.

@GoalieGodz - Our two seasons we got to play together in Tampa were awesome man. Did we win as much as we wanted to? Obviously not. But there was just something about the chemistry in our two games syncing that made me look forward to the nights that we played. It's hard to describe but I don't think I've ever had that chemistry with any other linemate in my life, including on Arizona to be honest. I also consider you a close friend and I'm glad we've kept in touch since Tampa ended. Appreciate you Justin.

Shoutout to everyone for making these 11 seasons a blast even if you impacted me in a negative way. At the end of the day this league runs on the opinions and actions of your peers, so keep up the shit talking, yet keep it within the game. Keep up the gamesmanship, but in the end acknowledge and respect your opponent. In this league, we're all we got and we're all who cares. Let's remember that. I'm sure I'll be around the SB and discords and all that because *insert lives for it insult*. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming season and stay safe.

IMG_20200511_060929.jpg

• Winner Winner x 45
    • Like Like x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    mt98
  2. brax96

brax96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +436 / 17 / -49
    Great series Tampa and I’d like to SAY BAD WEEK TO BE A BLUE CAN

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    extrasweetsauce
  3. GingerNHL

GingerNHL ELEET VS PLAYER HERE | Pronouns are Shee/Sh

Discord:
    Ginger#1826
    Ratings:
    +1,910 / 44 / -144
    LAFLEUR!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    xGlNGERR
  4. Ryan_x_28

Ryan_x_28 Warning Group

Discord:
    ryan_x_28#6675
    Ratings:
    +800 / 30 / -71
    Going to submit this for my english final.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ryan_x_28
  5. KLoKLuca

KLoKLuca Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +379 / 19 / -41
    What about our chem in Tampa

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    xDomi28
  6. BLong67-

BLong67- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BLong67#4885
    Ratings:
    +880 / 47 / -70
    I fucking love you

• Winner Winner x 4
    blong67_
  7. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    mt98
  8. CorrosiveJake

CorrosiveJake Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 2 / -0
    Great Series Boys LFG Stanley Cup Champs. All the best to Tampa you guys played great and made it sweaty for us. I'd also like to say thanks to @MrPurpleCrush and @Boughss for trading for me in S12. @Polska_B0SS_780 Thanks for signing me to a 2 season contract, without that, this probably wouldn't have happened. Also 69 hits in the Playoffs, nice. Good luck to everyone next season and the seasons after that.

S13 Arizona Coyotes: Cup Champions
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Funny Funny x 2
    CorrosiveJake_
  9. ColeMerKs

ColeMerKs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +385 / 22 / -29
    SCOTTY GOATTT

• Winner Winner x 6
    cjsnipes3
  10. Boughss

Boughss Well-Known Member

Discord:
    boughss#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 12 / -10
    Scott you’ve made such a positive impact on me that I’m naming my female puppy after you. I hope we’re teammates again one day so we can continue our competitive battles. BMGP babyyyy.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. Miipanton

Miipanton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -6
    Ggs Tampa. Me all playoffs: [​IMG] Yes, that is a bench. @SelkeSean thanks for carrying.

Going from 6-20 in the AHL to getting traded 4 times, and carried to a cup sure is an extreme ride, and still not having marathon man about 9 months in is probably more satisfying then winning.

Just gonna leave this here. All in good fun.

[​IMG]

Yes, Jesus does save from eternal condemnation. God Bless :)

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    chowski777
  12. l Ringy l97l

l Ringy l97l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ringy97#0
    Ratings:
    +408 / 18 / -29
    Great write up Mt! Congrats to these yotes n good luck to all of u in the future :)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    ringytv
  13. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    i watched the ending of CJs stream, whoever did that post game stanley cup presentation video deserves a raise. that was legit 10/10 even had actual roster player names from LG on thier jerseys instead of irl yotes names...like how?!?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    icallsowhat55
  14. xgoalscorer9

xgoalscorer9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -5
    You should retire so I can win something already!

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Bazlund

Bazlund Hey

Discord:
    bazlund#0
    Ratings:
    +952 / 50 / -52
    bazlund
  16. Loopxr-

Loopxr- .

Ratings:
    +572 / 21 / -73
    @CorrosiveJake did all that. Unreal creativity honestly.

• Like Like x 2
    vxrloop
  17. CorrosiveJake

CorrosiveJake Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 2 / -0
    Here is the video if you wanted to watch it

I also made sure everyone had 99 Discipline, 99 BodyChecking and 36 Stick Checking

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    CorrosiveJake_
  18. Dowdenn

Dowdenn Emo King

Discord:
    Dowden#1118
    Ratings:
    +173 / 15 / -12
    I fucking Love you Scott

• Winner Winner x 2
    Dowden11
  19. Levac27

Levac27 Most LG playoffs games played in NHL 20 seasons

Discord:
    Levac27#5851
    Ratings:
    +310 / 54 / -161
    What a winner tread. Congrats for winning the cup to you and your buddies. You guys were so clutch in the playoffs.
    I was speechless for hours after I realise we fail to win the cup, it hurts more to lose in the Stanley Cup final then any other way.
    Not a good feeling it ended that way but i would say thanks to my management for giving me a chance to prove myself with the best
    Now I've learn more playoffs experience and people have been respectful to me way more than the past seasons, so thanks to those who believe in me.
    Ending this saying that I hope Killuh wins the Conn Smythe with a .870% this guy is an animal.
    Respect to all my teamates for the amazing playoffs ride.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Levac27
  20. Ols-9-

Ols-9- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Ols#8409
    Ratings:
    +174 / 4 / -15
    Getting to the finals is a great accomplishment on it's own, great season and series Tampa Bay.
    @PrometheusXVII @LaFleuR11 @ImLxziee-: You guys built a very competitive team and made some huge trades this season to get to the finals. You guys have a lot of good pieces going into bidding this season and I'm sure you boys will be back here S14.

Wanted to apologize publicly to my boy @XxCarlson74xX (Datsy) for hitting him with the Classic Ols "go ez plz" curse, twice.
    upload_2020-5-13_10-7-2.png

@MrPurpleCrush @I MT98 I: You boys fucking live for it and I can't thank you two enough. Between paying someone for the least penalty minutes, sending out 13 team stats graphs a week, and getting a fucking EA Sports Birthday cake I don't think anyone has a more committed Management team then these Yotes.

@Mjvoell44 @I MT98 I @X4x-HaLL-x4x @Dowdenn: BEAUTIES! You're all unreal players and even better guys. Going to miss my line big time. Best of luck going forward, and hope to cross paths with you boys in the future.

@Boughss:
    [​IMG]

Not trying to write a novel like Scott, so to all my other Yotes... CUP CHECK BABY!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Goouuu x 27

Goouuu x 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    goouuux27#0
    Ratings:
    +83 / 5 / -2
    @I MT98 I thx for that zadina moment again lmao

• Funny Funny x 2
    TheGoouuu