Ted Lindsay Award

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, May 13, 2020.

?

Who should win the Ted Lindsay Award (The most outstanding player in the regular Szn)

1. Hxndry

8.0%
  2. Heroism

8.5%
  3. Twistafied

7.0%
  4. Gabseh

13.5%
  5. Doughty

42.5%
  6. TheHeroicDuck

20.5%
  1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    TRY NOT TO VOTE FOR YOUR TEAMMATE AND MAKE THIS A POPULARITY CONTEST LIKE IT IS EVERY SZN

The Ted Lindsay is is awarded annually to the National Hockey League's
    MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER IN THE REGULAR SEASON as judged by the members of the NHL Players' Association.

What does most outstanding mean to you?

Best Stats in the league
    Most points earned for their team (Ws+OTLS)
    Won the most games (doesnt matter who they played)
    Played hardest schedule (most biggies played, allowing for other lines to win easier games)
    Won the most BIGGIES (most wins against teams in playoffs or playoff race)
    Most wins vs DIV and CONFERENCE opponents
    Best Player on the best team in the league
    Best stats on the best team in the league
    Best player or stats on a not top team in the league

Linesmates (carried a line, switched lines all szn, played with a set line, played with a set esports line)
    Best player on their fwd line
    Best Dpartner of the dpairing

35 TED LINDSAY NOMINEES

:team391:
    @Hxndry :team391:
    41 of teams 116 Points in standings
    20-7-1 101P 35G 66A +51 12PIM 409GA 64TA
    Playoff Teams: 9-5-1
    Fringe Playoff Teams: 1-0-1
    Non Playoff Teams: 10-2-0
    Common Linemates: Fisher Mferra Aelgi Brandovedo

Positives: Lead the league in points and assists , played with not known as top dmen

Negatives: Most non playoff team faced amongst finalists

:team421: @Heroiism98 :team421:
    46 of teams 132 Points in standings
    22-2-2 88P 40G 48A +52 17PIM 48.2FO% 272GA 89TA
    Playoff Teams: 15-1-1
    Fringe Playoff Teams: 3-1-0
    Non Playoff Teams: 4-0-1
    Common Linemates: Jared 98 Luigi TooMuchTwoco

Positives: #1 team in the regular szn, hardest SoS, top 5 in points

Negatives: under 50 FO%, 1 OTL to a non playoff teams bad line, played with 4 elite players, basically an esports line. 2 FORFEIT WINS prevented him from getting the max games of 28 and 2 more games to add points

:team7:@Twistafied :team7:
    44 of teams 122 Points
    22-3-0 92P 45G 47A +71 17PIM 272GA 32TA
    Playoff Teams: 13-2-0
    Fringe Playoff Teams: 4-0-0
    Non Playoff Teams: 5-1-0
    Common Linemates: Groulz Snails TheHeroicDuck SleemanGuy

Positives: Highest PPG in the league, 3rd in points, highest +/- among FWDs

Negatives: Missed a week (3 games), 1 loss to a non playoff team decent line in OTT week 1

:team5:@Gabseh :team5:
    42 of teams 98 Points in standings
    20-4-2 86P 37G 49A +59 0PIMS 344GA 88TA (-256)
    Playoff Teams: 6-3-2
    Fringe Playoff Teams: 4-1-0
    Non Playoff Teams: 10-0-0
    Common Linemates: @Leveskii 11 @Duukk @xDream21 @CrazyJ0eDavola (dmen changed a lot)

Positives: Hart winner (most valuable), highest % of teams points earned in standings, 0 PIMS, least known/valued linemates salary wise, didnt lose to any bad teams

Negatives: Worst SoS of all finalists, least amount of playoff wins, most non pl

:team75:@Doughty x I8I :team75:
    47 of teams 118 Points in standings
    23-4-1 (47TP) 51P 2Gs 49As +37 14PIM 187GA 92TA (-95Ga/Ta) GA 50 1.79GA
    Playoff teams: 14-4-1
    Fringe playoff teams: 5-0-0
    Non playoffs: 4-0-0
    Common Linemates: BTL Moti BKHeadshot Lemelin

Positives: Norris Winner, most games played against playoff teams and fringe playoff teams, most points as a dman, most assists as a dman, 2nd lowest GAA among Dmen (behind Lem), didnt have a set line most of the szn, only 3 games all szn without a point

Negatives: Dpartners were Lemelin, Mxtyer and Vaporize for every game, 2 outlier games (4 points and 6 points)

:team7:TheHeroicDuck:team7:
    50 of teams 122Points in standings
    25-3-0 (50TP) 49P 1G 48As +76 12PIMS 176GA 81TA (-95Ga/Ta) GA 1.89GAA
    Playoff teams: 14-2-0
    Fringe playoff teams: 5-0-0
    Non playoff teams: 6-1-0
    Common Linemates: Twist Groulz Snails SleemanGuy

Positives: Most Wins in the league, most points earned for his team in standings, highest +/- in the league, 2nd in assists among Dman, 2nd in points for Dman, top 5 in GAA, only 8 games all szn without a point

Negatives: Played with essentially esports line Twist Groulz and Sleeman (backup who was dropped), lost to OTT first game of the szn against a decent line, 3 outlier games (over 3 points) 11points last 2 games against very bad lines, 0 points in the 3 games twistafied missed and all against non playoff teams

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    SweeT9LoU84
  2. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    @TheHeroicDuck get carried idiot!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Twistafied
  3. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Only 2 skaters have had 25+ wins in a season since s30.... 6 times since the merger. 3 of those players were on the same line.(gb gilleh bones) and gilleh did it twice.

The 25+ win club is

Thibodd
    Gilleh x 2
    Gb
    bones
    @TheHeroicDuck

Think about how many great players put up great seasons and only 5 people have accomplished 25 wins. That alone is worthy of the ted lindsay.

We can go over the stats as well where duck had over double doughtys +/-. That stat should stick out to everyone.

No brainer

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 4
    ReallyGooodDad
  4. LemeIin

LemeIin COMPUTERIZED | #92 |

Discord:
    Lemelin#1461
    Ratings:
    +863 / 31 / -42
    A lot of guys had great seasons and are all worthy of recognition.

But in my opinion, without a doubt, Doughty was the most outstanding player this season. He only had 3 games in which he didn’t register a point. 3 GAMES! He played the most playoff teams and the hardest lines compared to other nominees. He never played with the same players except after the trade deadline. He still ended up with the most points and most assists as a defensemen! He didn’t just play with his whole ESHL line the whole season. He would switch to play every hard game, every week no matter on what line. He didn’t scrub hunt to pat his stats. He didn’t explode his point total in blowout games. Doughty was the guy for us this season and was the difference maker with getting points in ALL the close games he was in. Which most of his games were 1 goal games. He was the one making the big plays. A simple glance at Doughty’s games is enough to see that he was the anchor to our team.

For those reasons alone, Doughty should win the Ted Lindsay

No disrespect to the other nominees but Doughty had a historic season and deserves to win this award

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    LemeIin
  5. TheCoyDuck

TheCoyDuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 11 / -16
    How is @Doughty x I8I even on this list? He lost to me. A 500K player that @Buck-042 way overpaid for, and didn’t even know all the buttons until half way through the season? The clear choice is @TheHeroicDuck

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17
    Love the in depth media analysis Lou! Great read and definitely tough choice on who to pick. Lots of great nominees

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Not Greggy

Not Greggy Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,024 / 93 / -147
    He didnt play with his whole eshl line all season.. but he played with you Vape or Mtayer. You're acting like he was carrying the help. Duck had a better record against playoff teams while at the same time, his center having an identity crisis! Now thats leadership.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    I like my boy @TheHeroicDuck way more than anyone on that list, and 25 wins? Its a no brainer. Looks like the NHL took some tips from the AHL award committee, they have an excellent breakdown of this award.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. Tayerrrrr

Tayerrrrr Sup my dude

Discord:
    mxtayer#2502
    Ratings:
    +273 / 31 / -57
    I played with that shitter @Bugsyl17l so i deserve something plz thx

• Like Like x 3
    Mxtayer
  10. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    Also, for the award wins vs div & conference is outlined but it was not part of the stats for any of the players. This could help clarify most wins vs a division or conference rival.

No Streaming Account
  11. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    LMAO why do people have such a hard time with @Mxtayer 's name? Davos calls him Maxtayer on stream, then in this thread alone he was called Mxtyer and Mtayer. 3 people now have either added or subtracted a random letter. I find this hilarious.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Twistafied
  12. Tayerrrrr

Tayerrrrr Sup my dude

Discord:
    mxtayer#2502
    Ratings:
    +273 / 31 / -57
    ahahahah TWIST ! I hate people

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Mxtayer
  13. xJLucas

xJLucas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xjlucas#0
    Ratings:
    +272 / 12 / -19
    Really like how in depth you went man. Seeing the linemates, positives and negatives are a huge plus towards voting for who actually deserves it most>popularity.

No Streaming Account
  14. Kesselysnipes420

Kesselysnipes420 It ain't that serious G

Discord:
    Kesselysnipes420#8694
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -8
    Duck had a great season without a doubt, but this isn’t really up for debate after looking through all the analytics. I get RGD needs to hype up his guy and vouch for him and by all means, so I’ll do the same, but the community obviously knows who deserves this award. Bringing up the fact that Duck had 2 more wins than doughty is ridiculous considering duck had a set eshl line all 28 games and the 3 he didn’t have twist vs bad opponents couldn’t produce a point. Doughty was up and down lineup all season until after the deadline, did he play with a great dman everytime, sure. But they played with him too, every player on here played with great player or players on their line but they still needed to find ways to produce, if Doughty had Lemelin, Rotes, and Rocket for 28 games they would probably only lose one or two games max all season. He played the toughest lines for us and produced in every single game that was tight and close against the best opponents/lines. I’m pretty sure Doughty had the highest scoring factor too. Bringing up duck’s +/- is all fun and all but if duck hadn’t played those last two games against bad opponents to end the season, he doesn’t finish top 12 in points and probably isn’t even a nominee. Having 25% of your production in your last two games should almost eliminate the conversation by itself. You gotta do what you gotta do but considering that doughty still finished atop even though duck had 13 points and a + 19 in 2 last games lmao, could you imagine how many points or stats doughty could’ve ended with if he was looking to do that at the end of the season? I get duck had to do that to get the nod, but it’s not close. Doughty leads in every important statistic other than wins and plus minus and the guy still had 23 wins. Again this doesn’t discredit duck, Doughty just had a crazy season. His season was unmatched and obviously the people agree as well. #DoughtyForTedLinsday

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Kesselysnipes420
  15. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    I didnt have a set eshl line, what. I never got to play with an eshl d partner :( also I had 11 points in the last 2 games which one of those games was a 5 pointer against a playoff team. I also stacked most of my points up against playoff teams like the jets and bruins and hurricanes. Good novel tho. I could probably go undefeated and not win certain awards that are based off of community votes lol, that's just how it is with this type of award. I will take my +/- trophy that doubled everyone elses +/- and take my leave

• Like Like x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  16. LemeIin

Discord:
    Lemelin#1461
    Ratings:
    +863 / 31 / -42
    You played Pittsburgh’s like 3rd line. Everyone in the world knows Pittsburgh dodged good lines all season. Wins and +/- are a team stat. Of course you probably greatly affected the +/- stat and pulled your weight there as you are a tremendous defensemen, but that stat is more of a reflection of how good your line was as a whole. Your line averaged just above 5 goals a game compared to Doughty who averaged 3.6 goals a game. So of course your plus minus will be ridiculous scoring an average of 5 goals a game as a line.

LemeIin
  17. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Playing against divisional rivals all season is why we won the division. Yes my line did better than doughty's lines did which is why i don't deserve awards. I am aware of this

TheHeroicDuck
  18. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    I think the only argument anyone has for Doughty over Duck is linemates.

However, Doughty played 100% of his games with a top 5 RD in the game and over half of his games with Thibodd. He also played several games with his other ESHL teammate Ethan. How is that any different than Duck getting to play with me and Groulx?

Both players had great seasons but the player with 25 wins and over DOUBLE the +/- needs to win this award if a defenseman is to win it.

Twistafied
  19. Remi l9l

Remi l9l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365 / 39 / -25
    YOU FORGOT LUTVI THOSE OILERS BABY

• Funny Funny x 1
    Remiaszl9l
  20. LemeIin

Discord:
    Lemelin#1461
    Ratings:
    +863 / 31 / -42
    Literally everything about Doughty’s season was better than Ducks, except for the team statistics. We are voting for the best player to represent the season, not who had the best success as a line. Doughty literally played 1 game with Ethan, and like 13 with Thibodd. He didn’t play 28 games with the same line. Idk about you but I’d take playing with my full ESHL line minus my RW any day of the week over playing with another top defensemen that wants the puck constantly. Not to mention everyone said Chicago had zero offence yet Doughty still finished with the most points, and he didn’t just blow up his stats in 7-9 goal games, he was on the board every game but 3

LemeIin