A statement about last night and the current state of affairs.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by BroadwayCJ97, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroadwayCJ97

BroadwayCJ97 The All Time LGFA Saves Leader

Ratings:
    +613 / 54 / -157
    Tonight was the #Pray4Recki Tournament hosted by Rivnasty in the PS 6's tournament series. The tournament raised nearly $350 for Michael and was orgnanized so quickly with a fantastic turnout. I want to first thank everyone who donated and took part in the tournament. Also congratulations to the champions Need New G on a fantastic run.
    As the main broadcaster for the PS 6's tournament series. I have been able to do the play by play for every tournament so far and after I had completed my prior obligations I was able to commentate the Final. During the past PS 6's tournament I learned that Tris did not want me promoting on the forum as the tournaments were "Not LG affiliated." I figured this was a different case as we were raising money for a community member in need.
    At first the stream was removed and replaced by the Rux tournament. I was not upset because when LG promotes a stream like that on their channel they always promote that to every forum. What bothered me was when after I put it back on the LGHL PSN forum only, LG bumped it again for Rux. For those who don't know, Rux is an Xbox tournament that LG is associated with and was not benefiting Recki in any way. Even though this tournament was not for PSN players and not raising money for our friend in need, LG removed the stream because Riv's tournaments are "competition."
    This angered me immensely and I went off on a rant in the middle of my stream which is something I do not do. I stated I would love Tris and Brodie to go up to Recki on his ventilator and tell him that part of the community that loves him put on a benefit tournament that was giving 50% of entry money and 100% of donations straight towards his medical bills but we couldn't allow that on the forum because it's not LG affiliated.
    I always knew LG was a business but these past few weeks have angered me and today that reached a boiling point. Tris has told me that LG is not a business and also incorrect details about LG's cut in events they sponsor. You're a business when you charge money for shoutbox/league/site bans. You're a business when you take cuts on tournaments. You're a business when you institute a rule to make players pay off their bans to participate in the ESHL Revive Series. You're a business when you try to disallow tournament promotion due to them being "competition." PS 6's is also not competition. If the tournament organizer has gone out of his way to change the date of the tournaments so they never collide with ESHL during the offseason, how is that a competitor? I've said it since the start. Any tournament that promotes competitive play on the PSN side only helps to revive ESHL PSN. By not allowing it to be shown, you're not just being petty because you're not getting a 10% cut, you're holding back your own ESHL PSN by not promoting it as much as possible. End this non existent rivalry you think exists Tris and Brodie. You're not making money off it but the community is 100% LG players and you're not in danger of losing anyone for ESHL. Why do you have to have a monopoly on competitive NHL?
    You guys making money off LG is fine. You built it and it's one heck of a business. But don't lie and pretend that's not the truth. I don't know who put the stream back on the LGHL PSN side directly after my rant but I thank you for it. If it was LG, you did the right thing.
    I am not one to keep my thoughts bottled up and I only want to see two things right now. For competitive PSN play to grow and for our good friend Recki to get all the help he needs. Can we please all get along and care about something other than profit and greed? That's not much to ask for.

• Winner Winner x 49
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    BroadwayCJ97
  2. Zanderman6

Zanderman6 Cup Check

Ratings:
    +321 / 45 / -55
    Just finding out now lg is corrupt? I'm pretty sure they still claim they don't make money from lg

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    I understand your frustration, but this could have all been avoided with better communication. Had your team reached out to Tris, you all easily could have figured out a solution prior to the tourny.

At the end of the day, this is his site. And, while your hearts were in the right place, it doesnt give you guys carte blanche to determine how the site will operate.

It's a good learning experience for everyone - staff included. Maybe the site should post something that explains any organized event needs to be communicated to the staff 48 hours prior or whatever.

Either way, good on you guys for raising money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    better20yearsago
  4. Th3 l AnD 0n1y

Th3 l AnD 0n1y The Lord

Discord:
    th3land0n1y#0
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 61 / -31
    Well said, that’s scummy as fuck on lg end but not shocking. You would think lg would wanna help someone who is in a terrible position right now and promote a stream like to help him considering it was the Community who helped donate to keep this site up when it was constantly getting flooded down guess the help is only a one way street here.

• Like Like x 2
    th3_1_and_0n1y
  5. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    What’re more important @Tris10

Not wanting to promote 6s tournaments outside LG?

or promoting a fundraiser for someone who’s been on your site for years, has spent money on it, has developed a social media following that has possibly helped bring people to this site, and is literally in the hospital hooked onto an oxygen machine?

I don’t know the full story; and I genuinely don’t know what your point of view is, and maybe you had some sort of reason to do what you did. But at some point this has to be about being a human; not the small business decisions of 6s tournaments.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Primetimme1
  6. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    Before this gets out of hand and people fill in gaps with what they want to believe, There is a communication issue.

Rux's event, Rux asked us to host it on LG, Which we did. No one communicated to me to host anything else yesterday so some people just took it upon them self to decide what would get hosted. That is not going to work going forward.

Going forward we need a to build a structure on what and who cant host on LG since its a powerful tool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I am just catching up on this all now and just had a discussion with @BroadwayCJ97 about it as well. There are a number of concerns and things the community wants transparency on so I will try and recap my discussion with Cj as best as possible:
    1. Saturday while I was away @Kroeger71 reached out to me personally asking for promotional support. My reply, which some have seen, was that we normally don't us[port events ran outside of LG, but I'd recommend to him to contact Tris asap about it seeing that it was a great cause. I was pretty short and sweet with my reply due to work commitments this weekend. Unfortunately, there was never any information sent to Tris regarding this event at all.
    2. This weekend was the last event Rux was running and he had our ESHL Xbox caster, Davos involved with the calling of the games. Rux and Tris had a prearranged agreement for site promotion. That is why the original intent stream for the site was those events.
    3. Last night the Rux event was promised sitewide promotion and when the charity stream was put up Tris wasn't aware of what it was for or why it was put over an agreement he already had with Rux. It was taken down strictly based on the lack of communication coming to him personally.
    4. There is a lot of discussions surround PayPal and fees. CJ talked about the standard $4.99 fee that he has seen often. After further discussion and reviewing the sources of his information, he was referencing personal accounts and transfers to other personal accounts, etc. The LG account isn't set up as a personal account, it is a business account that has different fees and such. A lot of the community doesn't know the truth breakdown. Some only see "LG takes 10%". That 10% is broken down into 6-8% going directly to PayPal for the fees he pays from our account. that 2% leftover is what goes back into the website. The site isn't free to run, and when you look at the numbers, 2% of a 35 dollar buy-in is 70 cents... Meaning he made 70 cents per team in some of these events.
    There is a lot of shade being thrown around regarding what occurred last night. Some of the community wants to think that Tris doesn't care about the people only about the money. to me what is unfair and odd is why isn't there a post made about the private donation Tris just made to Reck's family? To top it all off, the go fund me link didn't work, so he reached out to the family personally to make a donation. In life, negative energy tends to get the majority of the attention. I respect CJ for being passionate and having true intentions in his heart standing up for what he believed was right, but after a discussion with me, I think it was clear he didn't have all the facts prior to this post going public.

A lot has been going on behind the scenes to help promote ESHL and grow it more on PSN. We have a company looking to give help with prizing which we are going to make a PSN exclusive. In our last talk with sponsors, we have pitched having a separate PS4 division and prizing. We are working towards inclusion for this side of our community.

All of this distracts from the good that happened last night. Good job by @Kroeger71 @Rivnasty @BroadwayCJ97 and anyone else who was involved with raising money for @oRecki

Hopefully moving forward the communication and understanding between the community and site can grow to improve the experience and reach we can have collectively.

• Like Like x 28
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.