Public Service Announcement

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by jay6219, Jun 4, 2020.

1. jay6219

jay6219 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -2
    In light of what happened to @oRecki, i feel the need to share some of my medical 'expertise' for the greater good. Blood clots are no joke and they are more common than you may think, especially in gamers. Sitting in a chair and grinding a game for hours on end multiple days a week is a huge risk factor, and if you have any other health conditions like high blood pressure or obesity, you really need to take steps to avoid this. Literally... take steps lol.

Anyone that knows me wont be surprised to hear that i am guilty of not using my legs for an entire night during my chel marathons, and guess what... i ended up with a blood clot in my right knee. It didnt break off and go to my lungs but Recki wasnt so lucky. A lot of times blood clots in major veins (DVTs) can go unnoticed until they end up killing people, but if you have swelling in your legs, one leg bigger than the other, weird pressure sensations or lasting pain that you cant explain, you need to see a doctor asap. To prevent them, you need to move at least every two hours, even a 2 minute walk around the house / up the stairs goes a long way. But if you are balls deep in your favorite game and standing up is not an option, even calf flexes will do the trick. Also, its important to stay hydrated because dehydration makes the blood clot much easier.

I feel like it is also worth mentioning to the degenerates here that stimulants like caffeine and crack rocks also dehydrate and make your blood more 'sticky,' so does smoking. So if you get geeked up before you hit the sticks make sure to drink at least a liter of water or sports drinks. And if you ever have any chest pain around your sternum and pain or pressure while you inhale, or irregular heart beat, you need medical attention asap. like for real call an ambulance if you have to cuz you might not make it there yourself.

Stay safe and play on playaz.

• Like Like x 33
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    jay6219
  2. Flapjack8796

Flapjack8796 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Flappy#0924
    Ratings:
    +669 / 8 / -20
    To add to this, make sure you are stretching your hands out to avoid carpal tunnel.

Here are some simple, easy, and quick things you can do

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Flapjack8796
  3. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    k4m9zwoy6kb41.jpg

• Funny Funny x 23
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    chipyox
  4. SKILLEDPYTHON

SKILLEDPYTHON East

Ratings:
    +284 / 118 / -312
    No Streaming Account
  5. KROFTONITE

KROFTONITE www.twitch.tv/KROFTO

Discord:
    KROFTO#8304
    Ratings:
    +904 / 3 / -31
    I had a high school classmate die in his mid 20’s from a blood clot in his leg because he wasn’t aware he had one. He flew on a plane, which is dangerous if you have a blood clot and he never made it.

This thing recki has in incredibly dangerous and I really hope he pulls through. Thanks for the post Jay!

• Like Like x 1
    KROFTO
  6. TwitchBiLL3Y

TwitchBiLL3Y TwitchBiLL3Y

Discord:
    TwitchBiLL3Y#2185
    Ratings:
    +389 / 64 / -97
    @jay6219 very good post bud true facts wishing recki the best and to overcome his health issue and hope everyone the best in life and there health as well be safe and god bless this world's getting bad sadly!

BiLL3Y