Media Some of My Favorite Moments on LG

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Jun 5, 2020.

?

Is OFD the worst defenseman archetype?

1. YES

26 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. NO

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. I THINK SO, BUT I DON'T LIKE TO COMMIT TO THINGS

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    I wanted to post on the "Happy Birthday LG" thread that @Tris10 put up, but it turned out to be a bit too long of a post. So, instead I decided to post it by itself to avoid bogging down the thread. Just thought it'd be interesting to try and get a quick snapshot of some of the games that make LG so much fun.

TL;DR, Quick trip down memory lane. LG is fun, I hope it sticks around.

S26: I spent an entire day on the CHL TC of the Owen Sound Attack. Thankfully, got a game in with @Dualtz (Owen Sound GM) over that weekend and got the big call-up. Scored a goal in my first game gg ez. Wow, what a start to a great and storied career.

OSAvsNBinS26.png

S27 Draft: I ended up getting drafted 5th overall (and my team had 4 of the top 5 picks somehow, A1xFreak just wheeling and dealing I guess) over guys like @CaLL Me Jakoo and @l JLP l . Still Top 5 tho noootttt a big deal. I did end up being a Norris Finalist on that contract, so eat those words @bMaJuH @Neil x 25 @Dubsys :sadegg:

lol.png

S27: The New York Rangers got lost on @an angrycricket Island. @FtB x Sauce @D4D USA

LGvNYRinS27.png

S28: I get traded after a bad rookie season to @VVaGs82 for a late 1st and a 3rd. He tries to tell me he was going to draft me the previous season, but I don't believe him because I'm just not that gullible. Win a much deserved (ok probably not) Lady Byng after playing OFD (wasn't even good then btw) all season and finishing with 0 (ZERO!) hits and 4 PIMs. Also, one of the more hectic games of the season. We blew a 3-0 lead, but @DxT Gerbe got the puck back to me at the point in OT, and, if you can believe it, I put the puck on net. Bar down with the OFD. Definitely the only 2-goal game of my career. First star honors, too; I hear they finally decided to sell my jersey in the team shop after that game.

CBJvsARIinS28.png

S29: Was too scared of bidding, so I took the Florida Panthers with @lStastny26l . Literally so much to say about that team, should be a 30 for 30 episode made about it. Anyways, made loffs cuz we were stacked. Not sure why people think making loffs is hard #goats. Got put in the All Star Game as a backup by @jackD00P . Beat one of the best defenseman LG's ever had. So hey, maybe I did earn it.

ATLvsCENinS29.png

S30: Got bid on by SMASHVILLE, though at the time the team looked like garbage. No idea who @NINETY ElGHT or @jared2112 or @iTz x Luigi x were, but I liked @jackD00P . They even offered me a multi-season contract, but I had to turn it down because I just couldn't trust myself to not immediately put that TR in. Ended up facing off against the President's Trophy winners in the 2nd round. I practically turn the puck over with 20 seconds left down a goal. @Remi l9l recovers it and sends it down the boards. A little tic-tac-toe action and @Duukk ties it up with just seconds left #clutch. I take two awful penalties in OT where my entire team is wondering if I'm throwing. We eventually win it in 2OT with a big goal from @justlax10 and eliminate the Avalanche. gg ez

If you want the game to end in OT, just give the puck to @justlax10 (@shutthegate will know what I mean).

COLvsNSHinS30.png

S31: Made my way to the desert with the Yotes. @TeneT-10 and @Saucing Pucks like to pretend I wasn't happy to be there at first. All lies. Team was sick. A lot of good games from that season. I think my favorite one, though, was playing a tough Flyers lineup where @Tendy x 20 must have been playing a game with randoms before it and forgot to switch his handedness. Played the entire game with a right-handed RW. Wouldn't you know it, the puck finds its way to me, and I get lucky with a great seam pass right to @Tendy x 20 back door who hits home a same-side one-timer that held up as the game-winning goal. "That was actually sick" - @Sitful . After that great season, the Yotes send @Sitful and myself packing. Never liked @TeneT-10 after that tbh.

PHIvsARIinS31.png

S32-S34: I didn't even play a full season combined during these 3 seasons. Still had some good times, though, looking back. I played on a really good Winnipeg Jets line that had some future NHL LAN players on it. Was I getting carried? Who's to say, really. I can say at the time I thought @Sleemn @Twistafied and @Groulxz were gross, and @I MT98 I was just some PSN guy who couldn't hack it on Xbox. Somehow he put us on his back against a stacked New Jersey Devils lineup. I hear he won a PSN Stanley Cup, too. I don't know... still not sold on him, personally.

WPGvsNJDinS33.png

S36+: I'm on the Minnesota Wild. Things are looking bleak. I've been told preseason games don't count, but despair is setting in. Someone save me from this team. #hatemakerr4hart

In all seriousness, LG is a blast and I think for many people, it's the main reason why they still play Xbox and/or buy NHL. I had some serious personal issues in the last year, and I was amazed at how many people reached out to me either from being teammates or from maybe just playing a couple club games with me via the LG chatbox or reading some media I've written way back when. I hope LG will continue to be around for years to come (or until EA decides not enough people are buying HUT packs and decides to make it a Trading Card Simulator only).

• Winner Winner x 17
    • Like Like x 12
    No Streaming Account
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Really enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remi l9l

Remi l9l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365 / 39 / -25
    Goon is the best. I remember that game #SMASHVILLE

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Remiaszl9l
  4. Nealerr

Nealerr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x Neal x 18 x#7178
    Ratings:
    +432 / 20 / -14
    #TheseJets

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    NealiteGaming
  5. SmiTTy x 12

SmiTTy x 12 “Officially UnRetired”

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    • Like Like x 1
    SmittyTV
  6. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    You the man goon!

• Winner Winner x 1
    persinger92
  7. NINETY ElGHT

NINETY ElGHT Warning Group

Discord:
    Ninety Elght#9689
    Ratings:
    +827 / 29 / -86
    Goon4norris

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    NINETYElght
  8. FtB x Sauce

FtB x Sauce Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 77 / -84
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    S31 Captain Goonderk

• Winner Winner x 1
    In Franchise Mode
    No Streaming Account
  10. Groulxz

Groulxz pog

Ratings:
    +173 / 12 / -33
    J E T S

• Like Like x 1
    groulxz
  11. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Those S33 Jets!

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  12. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    @Groulxz @Sleemn I still can't believe Goon abandoned us at a combined $3.75mil. Now we are $16.25mil :sadegg:

• Funny Funny x 2
    Twistafied
  13. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    shitter

No Streaming Account
  14. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    How come you are way nicer to me when the other guys aren't around?

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account