Taiter Times -- Pacific Divisional Recap

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by xTaiter32x, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Taiter x 32

Taiter x 32 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    taiterx32#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 12 / -19
    [​IMG]

:team515:Bakersfield Condors:team515:

Divisional Ranking: 6

GM: oneeye15
    AGM: xxkvchxx
    AGM: youmustbejokin

The Condors management look to be one of those teams jumping up from the CHL, good on them! Oneeye15 has hit the 60 point plateau just once in the CHL, xxkvchxx had a 75 point season as a LW in the CHL last season and now returning back to the AHL since season 7 and going back to LD. Youmustbejokin also came up from CHL with a 72 point season. They grabbed a couple big guns in Holland at 3.5M and etamik for 5.25m. If this team is going to be putting up a fight offensively it will come with Holland and Etamik leading the way, while the rest of the forwards haven’t established themselves at the AHL level. This team could surprise a bunch of people offensively if they work well together.

Defensively this team has xxkvchxx as mentioned before, who posted a 17 win season in his last season of AHL in season 7. Apart from him, they look to be doing it by committee, they have a few guys that have spent several seasons in the AHL but lack that top tier defenseman. Backstopping them in net they have FilthySavagee and Matrikstl both who have little to no experience in the AHL looking to make a name for themselves.

Player to watch for: uniman29 --- At 3.25M on the blue line you look for this player to be able to play top lines and be your leader in the back, can he live up to the contract?

:team625:Colorado Eagles:team625:

Divisional Ranking: 7

GM: Bruinsfan8422
    AGM: NateJones-_-
    AGM: Sinihockey

Just like the Condors, the Eagles have just one member of the management team with some time in the AHL. This team made a big splash in bidding with snagging Iplay_for_keeps at 9M. They do have some nice 500k contracts upfront in ClappxD and Cobradan12 as they have played together for a long time, and also have that west connection if they manage to pull off a west line just like their NHL team. This team looks to heavily rely on their big contract to put up offensive numbers for this team to compete offensively.

On the blue line they have some AHL veterans in Blitzburgh, outlawdemo, Harbec who is coming back down after the last 2 seasons up in the NHL, they have a couple players that haven’t made the jump to the AHL before, meanwhile they have dr dee who is making his PSN debut this season where he is a forward on xbox and only has a handful of games on LG as defense so he could be a wildcard. With cgiroux11 coming down from the NHL with over 100 games at goalie up there and ThePimpinator playing in what looks to be his first full season in the AHL, this duo looks to be pretty solid.

Player to watch for: ClappxD --- After going for 4.5M in AHL bidding last season and going down to the CHL, he looks to rebound back at 500k and looks to beat his season best of 54 points.

:team517:Ontario Reign:team517:

Divisional Ranking: 5

GM: DiazPitree-13
    AGM: GreasyLikeButter
    AGM: Im-beast-ur-not_

Diaz looks to make the jump up to the AHL as a defenseman and GM for the Ontario Reign, while he was in the CHL he was just above .500 record. GreasyLikeButter has been around the league for a while and has had several seasons in the AHL and NHL. Im-beast-ur-not_ looks to return to the AHL after his first stint nearly 10 seasons ago didn’t go so well, but he has been tearing it up in the CHL. This team has dropped 11.25M between two centers in ItsOB- and MikeH1029. ItsOB- has taken 2 seasons off of LG but is known to be a good player, MikeH1029 formerly known as Yeeyee_dipper has put up back to back 70+ point seasons while not being on the “best” of teams. This team looks solid on paper, and will rely on their 1-2 punch at center and Greasy for the main offensive production.

This team has built a 500k army on defense, with a lack of top tier defensman. The most experienced player on the blue line is cardinals and mcanadiens with a combined 161 games played in the AHL. If this team looks to remain competitive all season, some of these 500k guys on the blue-line will need to shine bright. Just like the blue line, in the crease this team has gone without an experienced AHL goalie. Not that this is a bad idea, just provides that element of unknown.

Player to watch for: SaucyQc- --- He put up 65 points in his AHL rookie season, I can see this player hitting the 70 point mark this season

:flames:Palm Springs Firebirds:flames:

Divisional Ranking: 2

GM: MaTh_HaBs
    AGM: Sabourin-18
    AGM: Captain_Horvat

Palm Springs has some serious firepower on offense and the veteran leadership to put this team up and beyond as a top offensive group in the league. When your two free contracts on forwards have their best season at 97 and 86 points each, you are set up to be in a good position. We won’t stop there, add in LaMachinee23, LuDa10_10 who played together all last season and also put up 90+ points each. This team is poised to be one of those teams that have two first lines and a real good second line.

At the time of this the Firebirds have 8 defenseman on the roster, this defensive core looks pretty solid. Mostly veterans, and a couple of draft picks. It will be interesting to see who stays and goes. Reincremaetz looks to be poised for a great full first season in the AHL after an up and down NHL career after getting drafted in season 7. Rest of the defenseman here are relatively cheap, and look to have a great season with the insane forward group ahead of them. In net we have 3 goalies on roster, but statistically speaking this is UnreliableMoose and Dreamteamm66 crease. Both are solid goalies that could push and compete to get the starting role and really push this team to be a top team, but not just in the division but the whole AHL.

Player to watch for: Thibodeau_l21l --- Thibodeau was an NHL bid sent down at 1m, on defense in the AHL he is 13-14-2. This player could easily hit the 17 win mark on this team.

:team518:San Diego Gulls:team518:

Divisional Ranking: 1

GM: G--P--3
    AGM: JDFRYE31
    AGM: Cxnrad

Up next, the San Diego Gulls the team that waived me. They will have an awful season, kidding. This team is poised to be extremely competitive all season. With the benefit of having multiple DPs to use and NHL send down spots. Just like the firebirds this team looks to have two first lines and a really good second line. With the aforementioned DPs and NHL bidding slots this team was able to slap 8M on JJr, another xbox player that went for a lot but looks to be worth it. Especially with the pieces they had in place already. I had the privilege to spend the pre-season with these guys. As much as they are skilled, they are just as great people which is always nice to see in LG.

On defense this team has two first round picks, and a NHL bidding spot, just like the forward group this group on the blue line is deep and talented. With Ohbakk leading the way, Good_Vibes, ThugHughes, UnboGazebo looking to be the top 4 defenseman on this group, but not to discredit Getlivebaby and BiIIyBiIIy who both look great on paper. Cxnrad and Impactplayer06 holding it down between the pipes. Cxnrad is coming off a 21 win NHL season and Impactplayer06 is coming off a 21 win AHL season with just 32 games played. These guys look to have career seasons behind this great team, and can bail the team out if needed.

Player to watch for: JJ83Puck --- Another JJ for the gulls, he racked up 105 points in the CHL regular season and 23 points in 7 CHL playoff games last season. I feel like a broken record but he was another NHL bidding spot who looks to make Gulliver proud!

:team519:San Jose Barracuda:team519:

Divisional Ranking: 3

GM: l Ghost x 12 l
    AGM: Sumaaa x
    AGM: Suzuki I14I

Ghost returns as GM once again, this time he brings along Suma who is making his AHL debut at forward as the free contract AGM. They look to break the cuda curse, and the management team is all centers. They dropped 5M on Smitterr who returns to forward where his last season on forward was 82 points. They also have XM1n1atur3P33nxX aka Francey who at 500k is a great option. Obstructionzs also brings some offensive power at 3M which he earned after dropping 76 points last season.

They went relatively cheap on the blue line with the exception of mgiroux who cost them 4.5M after going 17-6-1 with the Rampage. The season prior to that mgiroux went 13-10-3, was he a product of being behind a real good Rampage team? He now looks to be the Cuda #1 defenseman. They also snagged up Illyfilly who hasn’t played in the AHL since season 1, who has just a handful of games on LG at defense.This group will have to get it done as a group and will need a star to rise from the blue line if they want to keep up with some of these top teams in the league. In net they have two 500k options, one of which is mattyallstar94 who hasn’t played LG since April of 2017 who appears to have no stats as a goalie on the site. So I would bet JefeHOOLI gets the nod as the starter who has had a couple of good seasons in his short time on PSN LG.

Player to watch for:Suzuki I14I --- This man has a 4M price tag, who has the thumbs to be a top player for the cuda, if he gets going and keeps on a hot streak I can see this guy hitting 15+ wins and 70+ points.

:team516:Stockton Heat:team516:

Divisional Ranking: 4

GM: Buckeyes2525
    AGM: ginger2001
    AGM: ijdubs1754

Ginger looks to lead the forward core as the free contract AGM who put up 60 points on the Calgary Flames last season. Ginger's last season in the AHL saw him go 16-9-1 and post 73 points. Deathmachine475 looks to continue what he started in s12 which saw him hit 70 points, put up 57 points last season with the baby penguins who sent him up to the NHL in exchange for another player for a playoff push. That has to light a fuel for deathmachine this season. Furdayzbuddy has been around for quite some time, and statistically speaking has dropped off since his 105 point season in s5. He has the capability to be at 70+ point range especially if he lands on Gingers line this season.

After a 13 win NHL season on a mediocre Calgary Flames, Buckeye returns to the AHL to take a shot at managing. Ijdubs1754 is a former goalie turned defenseman, also the teams paid AGM at 500k he could be a gem or not. 500k low risk high reward for the Heat. Malkxn71 is getting paid at 6.25M he has yet to complete a full AHL season and looks to do that soon as his contract will likely prevent him from being called up to the NHL. They also have CMDEADLY as a veteran presence on the blue line who is also pretty solid, RD might be this team's strongest position.For goalies this team has I_Koz_I and kuddy-76 as the duo, neither of them look to be stars but Kuddy has been around for quite some time. You just need your goalies to make the saves in big time moments.

Player to watch for: Marner_x16--- A 500k low risk high reward situation, Marner is a solid center looking to start his AHL career off on a good start. Notched 20 wins last season in the CHL, let's see if he can translate that to his AHL play.

:team618:Tucson Roadrunners:team618:

Divisional Ranking: 8

GM: KyStew
    AGM: Canate_

On offense their highest paid player is Boske51 at 4.5m who had 15 wins last season and tallied up 68 points. Just slightly overpaid, but in bidding sometimes you gotta pay more for who you want, lets see if this player can improve on his previous season and be fully worth the contract he got. BMauro98 has spent the last two seasons in the NHL as a defenseman and now returns to the AHL as a RW with a 3.5m contract. I believe he will be the main offensive leader on this squad. However Mawson_99 takes a pay cut and returns to Tuscon at 500k and is very solid with back to back 60+ point campaigns. Other than those three forwards this team up front looks to be a bit slightly weaker than some of the teams in the division.

On defense KyStew makes the jump up to the AHL after a 17 win season in the CHL. Canate has had some good seasons on defense since making the switch from forward, just has yet to have that season to solidify him as a top tier dman. SenatorsFan has had two 20+ win seasons in the AHL, coming back down after a disappointing NHL season. BakonBlitz has had some good seasons in his lengthy time in the AHL, this team besides SenatorsFan just seems to lack that star power on defense. BCNYY02 and SouLAssassiN00 look to backstop this team to remain competitive in the division. Both goalies have some nice stats in their time in the AHL.

Player to watch for: KyStew--- I have been avoiding putting management in the players to watch section. But I believe this player can be a big difference maker defensively for this team. I feel this team will have to grind out wins.

This was my first take at any form of media here on LG, if you feel I did a poor job or didn't rank you or your team better I am sorry. This actually took a lot longer than I thought. Might do an eastern division next, if someone wants to do other divisons let me know just so we don't do the same ones.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 9
    No Streaming Account
  2. ThugHughes

ThugHughes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +323 / 7 / -62
    #1 Gully Bless 8425468F-3DD0-40E4-876D-013826668223.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. G--P--3

G--P--3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gage#8345
    Ratings:
    +267 / 21 / -39
    Great write! Going to be tough in this division!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. Le_Homie_Yosh22

Le_Homie_Yosh22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Le_Homie_Yosh22#7101
    Ratings:
    +252 / 16 / -84
    Great work !

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. OBxOBrien

OBxOBrien Well-Known Member

Discord:
    OBrien#0102
    Ratings:
    +98 / 11 / -17
    Gonna be a fun division to play in! Great work on this write up man! REIGN SZN :team517::team517::team517:

• Like Like x 1
    obxobrien
  6. Canate

Canate Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Canate#9656
    Ratings:
    +112 / 6 / -13
    Great write up - regardless where you have Roadrunners listed was a great read.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Canate
  7. gmac90

gmac90 Playoffs

Discord:
    gmac90#7570
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -6
    Great write up man, thanks for doing it was a pleasure to read!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Cokenetsxv

Cokenetsxv Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Cokenetsxv#0092
    Ratings:
    +296 / 15 / -38
    Really dig the media man, can't wait to see the other divisions!

• Like Like x 1
    TheAlliane96
  9. cgiroux11

cgiroux11 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cgiroux#0
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Nice write up. Thanks for all your hard work.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. oneeye15

oneeye15 Frontenacs Owner

Discord:
    oneeye15#0
    Ratings:
    +100 / 4 / -10
    Nice write up

• Like Like x 1
    oneeye15
  11. frostygta

frostygta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 10 / -10
    Nice write up, pretty accurate

The Condors have some talent, it's just going to depend on chemistry IMO. If the CHL guys can adjust to the AHL style we'll surprise some people. From a personal standpoint I just hope we can score, the last few teams in previous seasons I've been on have had trouble putting the luck in the next which puts a ton of pressure on the D and G.

• Like Like x 1
    frostygta
  12. frostygta

frostygta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 10 / -10
    Change your username title noob

frostygta
  13. Cmdeadly

Cmdeadly Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cmdeadly#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 30 / -11
    Thanks for the shout out man. Hope stockton has a good season, they got a good player in TKjosi who has better avail than I do, but I really liked the guys on the team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account