Rico's Super Serious Team Comparisons (West)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Tcx7, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    Oh hey, I didn't do the west yesterday cause the east took so long. Here's the super serious west comparisons a day late!

Anaheim Ducks
    So Agger is going through a midlife crisis and went the route of a 14yr smallies player with his new name, that's neat. Anyways, the Ducks have an issue with this team build. They have some bright sports here and there but overall need to make some trades to bolster those bright spots and not limit them.

[​IMG]

Arizona Coyotes
    The Yotes have some steals on this roster. With Akon being $12M they needed to surround him with enough cheap talent to really make a difference, have they done that? Maybe, NHL20 is a game that doesn't cater to a one man army so if this team gels as a unit and egos are put aside I can see them competing and beating most other teams. And they have Recki for 500k, buddy has a hog on him so I can imagine they're playing with a little more motivation.

[​IMG]

Calgary Flames
    The flames went the opposite way the Coyotes did. The Flames got 1 high profiled player in @White_Knucklerz but after that decided to just fill the roster for the sake of filling it. No rhyme or reason on most of the guys on this team. They also spent $3M on goalies which is a crazy crazy thing to do, especially if none of them are any of the high profiled ones that were in bidding.

[​IMG]

Chicago Blackhawks
    I don't know who let Serpe be management but this is what you get. A team filled with "I dunno's" and "Could be's" ... Ok ok lets focus on the good parts of this team! Uhhhhh they have JF at a pretty decent price, and he has a trade request too! (Use it bub) Moongee- is underrated and could provide nice depth for a better team when Chicago implodes. The rest of this team isn't much to talk about and will probably be fighting for 1st overall.

[​IMG]

Colorado Avalanche
    I'm at a crossroads with this team. On one hand, hell yeah the Avs are probably the best team in the west and league in general. But they have a west line, and probably the most scummy of the west lines. So do I try not to be biased here and talk about all the talent they have? Or do I just say they get nothing like the Leafs. Hmmmm, Nick's cool, Brenden's cool, the rest of you are alright I guess, but those west coasters? Gross. Also I wanted to be an Av and was promised it would happen.

[​IMG]

Dallas Stars
    The Stars are a super underrated team. This is one of the teams that can compete with the Avs for best in the west/league. Everyone on this team is paid about what they're worth and they even have a few steals, which is actually crazy to me. I'm looking at this roster and I see 2 names that should be way way more money. Good on these guys recognizing bidding and where it was going. The only thing that worries me about this team is the consistency of their goaltending, the ability to steal games is huge, but you play on that double edge sword sometimes.

[​IMG]

Edmonton Oilers
    The Oilers are a playoff team. That much is for sure. I just don't think they are anything more than a 5-6 game series in that scenario though. Some bright sports for sure on d with JP and Gren, their RW depth is crazy good, but when you look at the other side that's when the problems start. I look towards the right side being the overall carry side and will probably be relied to score goals, which isn't very good when LW only has the job of scoring and not messing up too too much. Look for the right side of the ice to be overworked.

[​IMG]

Los Angeles Kings
    The Kings are the 3rd best team in the west. Is that controversial to say? Maybe, but lets rundown some pieces. Forward wise the boys are buzzin, they have talent up and down the lineup but they also have guys who will stop destroy plays on a dime. They have half a dcore and goalie combo which could overall hurt the final position of this team. The Kings are gonna rely heavily on their top end players to carry some of these guys and hopefully make up for the lack of button ability from other areas. They have a chance to improve though and really compete for the top spot, it just heavily. depends on how they approach.

[​IMG]

Minnesota Wild
    The Mild have a team that will heavily rely on people underestimating them. Unfortunately that will only take you so far until people start to wise up and 1st line a team that wont have much of a response to it. Playoff team? As they stand right now, Id say they are outside looking in. But with every team outside like 4 or 5 these guys can adapt and improve. You're looking at Hra being the best winger on his team, which I mean.... That's sorta scary, but maybe some of these other guys can work something out to surprise people. Spray please be sober for most of your games.

[​IMG]

Nashville Predators
    I'm gonna be as nice as possible. You have some talent here and there, which is very good because you're gonna be selling sooner rather than later. This is a perfect example of how not to build a team, that being said.... You do have Counter on your team, if anything it would be very beneficial for you guys to talk to him and see what he thinks can improve this team.

[​IMG]

San Jose Sharks
    It feels very weird to not be in a Sharks Uni for the first time in awhile. Funny enough this roster has some old faces from past Shark teams, some good and some uh..... not so good. Look for the Sharks to throw a lot on net and just outwork teams with their quick decision making. On defense they aren't anything to right home about but in net they have a top 5 maybe even 3 goalie in PSN LG. A lot of games not ending up 7-6 will rely on the goaltending tandem.

[​IMG]

Seattle Thunderbirds
    Ok, Seattle has talent... Do they have as much talent as other teams ahead of them? No, not at all. What They do have is a lot A LOT of annoying ass players to play against. Players that don't try to do anything to fancy and are perfectly willing to trap the entire game and end games 1-0 with 5 shots on net combined. I can see them frustrating a lot of teams just on how much they are willing to give up just to trap. Is that very boring? Oh fuck yeah dude, jesus. But it will get results and that's all that really matters... THE CHONZZZZZZ..

[​IMG]

St.Louis Blues
    Jlm is one of the nicest dudes I've met on LG, dude cares about his teams and wants to see them succeed. Does that always mean he has a top tier team? No not at all, but what he does have is a decent amount of talent around him and a great mind like Sedinpower to help him out on any potential trades that come up. Right now I have the Blues sitting outside the playoff picture but with 2 to 3 decent moves this team can be competing for a spot and definitely make some noise. Their goaltending is a sore spot, look at that to be one of the moves they need to make.

[​IMG]

Vancouver Canucks
    The Canucks are a team built from the back to the front. In theory that's a great way to build a team, especially in a game like NHL20, that being said. They almost made the discount version of that formula. That being said, hey... enough turds and turtling can take you far in virtual hockey, I see these guys probably going that route and that's OK. Could just be boring to play against. Which now that I think about it, they can definitely be seen as another Seattle style of hockey. If both these teams play each other, do we just have a negative shot game?

[​IMG]

Vegas Golden Knights
    KC is an owner that either has a top team or bottom. Never have I seen an owner have such drastic teams one way or another. This one looks to be a top 5 team, but how many times has that been said in the past only for him to bottom out for 1 reason or another. This team is weird, They have 1st line players just on the lower end. BUT those players know their role and wont try to do more than they know they can. Its a dangerous mindset to have for other teams, that even though this team has ego its not gonna cause an internal explosion.

[​IMG]

Winnipeg Jets
    I'm gonna put as much effort into this as you guys did in building your team.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  2. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62

No.

Love you.

• Like Like x 2
    better20yearsago
  3. JHughes86-

JHughes86- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    frann8686#0
    Ratings:
    +78 / 3 / -19
    Go edmonton

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Wow!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    some ole rico. toxic!

Serpe_x_13x
  6. BaconStaysCrispy

BaconStaysCrispy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 1 / -22
    Rips on Toronto's "West" line but not Seattle...hmm

baconstayscrispy
  7. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    In Rico's defence he likely doesn't recognize half the names on our team let alone what their connections would be

Sloshy97
  8. Goouuu x 27

Goouuu x 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    goouuux27#0
    Ratings:
    +83 / 5 / -2
    TheGoouuu