This is important

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Likeasumbooodeh, Jun 9, 2020.

1. LikeASumboodeh__

LikeASumboodeh__ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +227 / 1 / -11
    Hey everyone,

Everything that's happening lately has really put things in perspective for me and when Recki passed away it hit me like a truck. The first thing that came to mind when i learn about his passing is the last conversation i had with him about health and trying to get in better shape/eating healthier things and how difficult it was for someone to go through trying to get better.

I'm guilty myself of having let myself go for over a year now after i finally was able to get back in shape after having the dedication to go to the gym and eat healthy and it's gotten worse ever since Covid. I think now is the most important time to adopt a healthy lifestyle with Covid running around and seeing how fragile life is. I know i'm not the only one who's had trouble finding the courage or dedication to do the right thing and try to get better, it's very hard especially when you're trying to get better by yourself without having anyone to help you get through this journey by giving you advice or even emotional support.

I've had this idea ever since i had this conversation with Recki of creating some sort of judgement free discord for people trying to get better where everyone wouldn't have to worry about what others think of them. I think the easiest way to break the cycle of being unhealthy is to talk with people having the same problems as you, who understand what you're going through.

I'm not very good at running things as some of you may know i'm usually mostly a guy who goes with the flow and that's it but this is very important to me as it should be for everyone. I'd like to see what you guys think of this idea and if you have suggestions it would also be greatly appreciated. If anyone is interested in joining the Discord to seek support or wanna help by giving advices on how to eat better / train better and even help with building up the discord you can DM me on LG or discord.

Also i don't usually get very serious about stuff but i think this is very serious and would appreciate if this thread would stay free of toxicity, just good vibes and constructive ideas.

Thank you

R.I.P Recki you will be missed

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 34
    • Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  2. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    Great idea fondy. I'm still in shock right now

No Streaming Account
  3. Jetup91

Jetup91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jetup91#0
    Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -8
    Awesome idea man

ThreeFiveGaming
  4. KROFTONITE

KROFTONITE www.twitch.tv/KROFTO

Discord:
    KROFTO#8304
    Ratings:
    +904 / 3 / -31
    In the two weeks prior to Recki going to the hospital, I had many conversations with recki about building enough self confidence to use a face cam when he started to stream. The one thing Recki wanted to do was to start streaming what he loved to do, which was play video games. He was scared because of what people thought of him and what he looked like.

I sold him my extra face cam and after many conversations, he was finally ready to face his fears and join the world of streaming. The day he went into the hospital was the day I was gonna help him set his stream up. It breaks my heart this never got to happen.

Fondy I like this idea. I have had my own struggles in the past with self confidence and what people would think. When you get this together, send me an invite.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 4
    KROFTO
  5. LikeASumboodeh__

LikeASumboodeh__ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +227 / 1 / -11
    I appreciate it Krofto, i'll most likely set up the discord today and after that i'll pm everyone who wants to join the discord invite.

Hopefully we can build something that helps people.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. RageQuittin

RageQuittin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ajjaffri#0
    Ratings:
    +83 / 1 / -10
    I'd be willing to help. aj#6584

• Like Like x 2
    DefNotAJ
  7. BombSquadRyanTTV

BombSquadRyanTTV Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bombsquad-ryan#7551
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -2
    Im not sure if you seen my post but if you do start up a discord, would you mind posting it on my post too? You were the person i was referring to about someone starting a group discord.

BombSquad_Ryan
  8. Mooner2019

Mooner2019 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mooner2019#0
    Ratings:
    +119 / 3 / -8
    No Streaming Account
  9. Psulions32

Psulions32 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 4 / -7
    Amazing idea. I’m in for sure to help out with all advice I can.

apieceofloin
  10. TwitchBiLL3Y

TwitchBiLL3Y TwitchBiLL3Y

Discord:
    TwitchBiLL3Y#2185
    Ratings:
    +390 / 64 / -97
    BiLL3Y