Please Vote! Racism Policy Poll

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Kiroxy4320, Jun 13, 2020.

?

Should LG hold racism to a higher regard of punishment?

1. Yes, I believe to even begin to get rid of racism. It starts at the top with harsher policy change.

91.2%
  2. No, we can't fix this. We have to just work with what we have and hope it gets better.

8.8%
  1. Kiroxy4320

Kiroxy4320 Warning Group

Discord:
    Kiroxy#8894
    Ratings:
    +863 / 38 / -28
    Good afternoon everyone,

First off, I feel like most, if not everyone in the league, should be well aware of the current world issue regarding racism. Changes are happening and its time for LG to move in the same direction. When you load up NHL, the first thing you see is an anti-racism statement. Companies are cracking down on ridding of racism. I've had 2 conference calls with work on the topic alone. Its time to get rid of this entirely. This needs to be in same the realm as DDoS threats, 2nd tagging, or even quitting the league. All 3 of which receive harsher punishments, than making a racist statement, let alone a racist statement in a personal attack. When we give someone a fine line, someone will walk it. Take away the "Fine Lines" of racism, and amend the current policy on racism. After explaining my policy change move, I will explain the events that have occur over the last 2 days, that has ultimately opened my eyes, and others, that a change needs to be made.

My movement
    Racism is Racism. Does not matter what race, does not matter "How racist" the comment it is. Racism is racism. Now, I can see an argument for a difference in personal attack racism, and blanket statement racism. However, both are still wrong, both have no place here. So the following are amendments to the policy regarding race that I would like to see in place, or something of equal nature.

*If a member is found to be making a racist remark. The issue will be handled with nothing short of a 1 season ban, CB mute, and slow site, with no buyout option. If it is found to be a racist remark in a personal attack, it moves to CO 3 season cap ban, only way back in, is via a buy out at the end of your 3 season sentence.*

Now, I know, some of you are going to think "This is a virtual hockey league, why are we even talking about this" "We should just talk about hockey" But unfortunately that isn't the case, if people would only talk about hockey, then we wouldn't be here at all and racism wouldn't seem to be an issue at all, because well, no one is making racist comments or racist personal attacks. Let me also give an example, as to why the argument of "This is a virtual hockey league, why are we even talking about this" is completely invalid.

A lot of members of this community use the internet as a whole as an escape. LG being one of those escape options for its community. However, lets paint a picture. A young man living in a rural northern city. This is a man of color, loves hockey because he grew up watching. However, his real life is riddled with direct and indirect racial harassments by coworkers, the guy loves NHL and wants to play in a league. Comes here and sees things like the events that have occurred over the last 24 hours, damn, now his one escape reminds him of that harassment he has to put up with at work, so he can provide for his family. Why is anyone okay with this? Please, I'd love to hear your arguments.

It's time to make a choice. Pick a stance, are we going to stand for getting rid of racism in this community. Or are we going to continue down a toxic path, one that only worries about how good your thumbs are, and step on the throats of those who have to deal with this shit in their daily lives as well.

Lets move.
    -Kiroxy

edit: Removed story regarding me getting cap banned. Was informed it was done by mistake and is being taken care of. However, this does not change the stance. This was never about my ban in the first place. This is about removing racism from the league. So let’s go.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 25
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Kiroxy
  2. GrittySaves

GrittySaves Well-Known Member

Discord:
    dankdad88#0
    Ratings:
    +838 / 68 / -115
    The fact this has to exist is embarrassing @LG McDonald. Do the right thing!

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Ir0n hAnds

Ir0n hAnds Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ir0nhands#0
    Ratings:
    +180 / 25 / -44
    For one. KIROXY is Innocent. For two please eliminate shout box at this delicate time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. x Golden Aces x

x Golden Aces x Exercitatio, Perfectus, Pervinco

Discord:
    x Golden Aces x#7064
    Ratings:
    +444 / 30 / -21
    Also kinda messed up to have staff in the league that thinks racism is okay, obviously this league isn't "a real life professional sports leagues" but just saying, any staff member or player that does shit like that in any major sport in the past or now is getting cut or fired

• Like Like x 5
    x_Golden_Aces_x
  5. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Wait... So you got banned for sharing your conversation with a BOG/Comissioner? When did Bogs/Comissioners become dictators by which you aren't allowed to share the shit that they say, and criticize them for potentially being wrong about something?

That's absolutely pathetic, if that's all you got banned for. Literally EVERY single player in LG can have their private messages be made public by the league, and get banned for them... Somehow Bogs/Commissioners are above that. Sad.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    bossy_22_
  6. AdxwA

AdxwA Adawa Cooks

Ratings:
    +29 / 5 / -16
    Great write-up Kiroxy. I remember years ago people were making inappropriate comments to me when they found out I was of Middle-Eastern background. It didn't bother me too much, but I definitely brought it up with a commisioner at the time and was told that it's all in good fun and if I wasn't threatened it's not a big deal.

The problem is, tolerance of more minor issues breeds confidence in the hearts of those who want to say more major things.

Overall I think this is a great step in the right direction, and I think will foster a safer and better LG for everyone. Especially those who might not yet know how to handle the misdeeds of a few bad apples.

• Like Like x 1
    AdawaCooks
  7. x Golden Aces x

x Golden Aces x Exercitatio, Perfectus, Pervinco

Discord:
    x Golden Aces x#7064
    Ratings:
    +444 / 30 / -21
    A
    A big issue with the rules is that it basically says if the person finds it offensive, it'll be a ban. If said person complains saying its offensive, the league 90% of the time steps in and says, no its not.

If youre gonna make that the rule, then if someone finds it offensive, it should be reprimanded.

Obviously just one minor issue of many

x_Golden_Aces_x
  8. l Cote x 15 l

l Cote x 15 l Banana League MVP

Ratings:
    +463 / 29 / -36
    The fact he even as to make this post is just wrong. Fix this madness. Unban this Man, he was doing the right thing. The Owner in question should be banned, and I’m gonna name drop which is SixSideMath.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Yes they have an issue with weak punishment depending on who is dealing with it. I have a past story but I'll be banned if I talk about it again. Probably will get banned for talking about it here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. TertleToes

TertleToes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 6 / -5
    Idk your situation with what you may have said while defending someone that could have lead to a cap, I'm sure discussions like that can get heated if you're dealing with someone ignorant.

With that being said, I support this 100%, LG has a nasty track record of giving out sb mutes or one game suspensions for comments that deserve much much worse. Prime example is brrreeezy. Anyone who knows what his suspension was for last season has to agree that 1 game is an absolute joke AND he's management this season. Unreal...

We can't all be banned for standing up for something like this @Kiroxy4320, you still suck but I'm with you ;)

• Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  11. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Everything in the Code of Conduct needs to be held to the Zero Tolerance standard @LG McDonald, which means it goes both ways.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Sevv_09
  12. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    My official statement - https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums...s-racial-remarks-within-our-community.312875/

I've always supported a stiff punishment regarding ANY COC issue, not just racial remarks. I also don't support the CO ban that was issued, hence why I will be removing it as well.

I don't that it is wrong to have the community have a voice and support a MASSIVE change. If anything I think the opposite. This poll is a result of a discussion @Kiroxy4320 and I had this morning. Personally I think it went extremely well. This is a community based league, so if we want to go in a new direction, the community should be involved.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. TOP LINE TOM

TOP LINE TOM Meow?

Discord:
    toplinetom#0
    Ratings:
    +284 / 23 / -73
    Krause and kiroxy should both be unbanned @LG McDonald its great you had a talk with kiroxy but that hasnt fixed the ban he received for standing up against racism. Kiroxy means a lot to my team on and off the ice. krause just took the problem to a bigger stage but he did what he thought was needed to provoke change in the community.

No Streaming Account
  14. Kiroxy4320

Kiroxy4320 Warning Group

Discord:
    Kiroxy#8894
    Ratings:
    +863 / 38 / -28
    The bans are being reviewed and I believe the right action will be taken. I appreciate it though. This isn’t about the ban though, let’s rid of racism in the league

• Winner Winner x 1
    Kiroxy
  15. xJLucas

xJLucas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xjlucas#0
    Ratings:
    +272 / 12 / -19
    You need to make sure you define what is tolerated and not cause this is a slippery slope. What is considered a joke and what passes as hate? Does intent fall into it? Is it zero tolerance? If it’s zero tolerance then do these cap bans fall on everyone who says they hate french people or call them frogs- because the league has tons of guys who use frenchy jokes both good-naturedly and as insults...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. Deepblue2002

Deepblue2002 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 244 / -195
    I filed an LGBA coc with proof of racism last night with several screenshots. I hope that isn’t overlooked, the bogs over there have the same screenshots and have yet to do anything about it.

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    It's not about the ban, but at the same time... The ban is still a major issue. The Bogs should be treated the same as everyone else, and shouldn't get special treatment regarding private messages.
    Obviously there's a bigger issue at hand here, but we also shouldn't ignore a smaller issue simply because there's a bigger issue being discussed. I believe the league will do the right thing, and reverse your bans... The thing is though, that these bans shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Here's the Action Centre for Kiroxy's ban: "CO for posting private pictures in public including conversations with a Commish Player removed for 3 seasons due to Conduct Unbecoming."

I'm curious to hear from @LG McDonald as to why this is worthy of a capital offense? What makes Bogs/Comissioners so special that their PMs can't be made public, but every single other member of this league can have their private conversations made public, and be banned for them? We literally just saw this happen with RGD and Leveski.

Are your messages some sort of top secret FBI/CIA level information that we are forbidden to ever share these messages? Maybe I'm missing something and they were banned for something more than just posting screenshots of conversations with Bogs/Comissioners? If I'm seeing this correctly, then it's absurd that someone would get the same punishment for this as someone would get for 2nd tagging, making threats, etc.

Obviously if someone is using and showing private conversations with Bogs/Comissioners in a way that's disrespectful or threatening, then that's an entirely different story, and would likely be worthy of a Cap ban. Simply sharing a conversation and expressing an opposing viewpoint is under no circumstance worthy of a ban.

bossy_22_
  18. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I disagree

The staff chats are where things are reviewed and discussed. In the past, we have had cut and paste jobs leak out that tell 2% of a story that is made to set a certain perspective. In every organization, there is a level of privacy. I am not protecting one on one conversation, I am talking specifically about the official staff chats

• Useful Useful x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  19. Carnage7448

Carnage7448 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is this for just things sed in the chat and party[during a lg gm] or if a member loses a hut game against another member and sends a nice racist msg to the winner would that member be eligible for a ban?
    Are we banning people for using certain words no matter the reason?
    What about our streamers
    Will what they say during a stream matter if not in a lg game?
    What about the music they listen too where a certain word is used 100x
    I'm all for racist remarks getting you banned but the rules need to be completely spelled out and idiot proof

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Ban, ban ,ban ,ban. If a person makes a racist comment in general or to a member of LG it does NOT MATTER. Racism is racism. Kick them out the league and have EA block their shit. There is no room for it here. 9 times out of 10 if a person makes a racist remark they will do it again in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    cross_x_check