Media Super 16: Lightning Strikes

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Jun 18, 2020.

?

Are Yoohoos (the chocolate flavored drink) Good?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    49.2%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    50.8%
  1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Disclaimer: This Super 16 series is much closer to the original NHL.com articles. One bad week (usually) won't tank a team from the power rankings.

In addition: If there's a typo in here, please keep it to yourself I like to find them on my own.

Super 16: Lightning Strikes

1. :team21: Tampa Bay Lightning (9-0-0)
    Last Week: 5 (+4)
    Hit:
    No @Hxndry , no @FtB x Sauce , no problem. Missing two impact players and still go 9-0. 2 EZ.
    Miss: @FtB x Sauce might not have enough heart left for the ice after giving some to his girl on a beach vacation. That's pretty high on the list of things you hate to see.

2. :team7: New Jersey Devils (8-0-1)
    Last Week: 3 (+1)
    Hit:
    Top line goes 3-0 again. They can't lose. Someone stop them. The line centered by @NyIsles3 did a good job battling back down 4-2, even if they did fall in OT for the Devils' lone loss this week.
    Miss: The Devils lost @RGDeded and... oh wait they did better than when he was there?

3. :team75: Chicago Blackhawks (6-3-0)
    Last Week: 2 (-1)
    Hit:
    It's looking more and more like they will win the Central if they get the matchups they want versus divisional opponents. @Manu l5l had a super high-scoring week with 15 points in 3 games.
    Miss: None

4. :team74: Carolina Hurricanes (6-3-0)
    Last Week: 4 (0)
    Hit:
    Awful chatbox presence, but I think that's usually a good thing.
    Miss: A couple ugly losses sort of put a blemish on their week. Not like any team is immune to that; I think everyone just has higher expectations for Carolina, so it looks worse.

5. :team4: Philadelphia Flyers (7-2-0)
    Last Week: 6 (+1)
    Hit:
    They're scoring a lot, but also getting scored on a lot? Is that just how this game is? I don't know, but the offense is clicking right now. Let the goalies worry about their save percentages, who cares if you're winning amirite?
    Miss: @Melvin x 94 still has a bowl cut according to the insider info. I just feel like the Flyers would be doing better if their owner would hop into the 21st century like the rest of us.

6. :team10: Detroit Red Wings (6-2-1)
    Last Week: 8 (+2)
    Hit:
    @OFs is the best defensive center in the league. #selke
    Miss: Hardly a miss, but Tampa jumps over them despite the Red Wings going 6-2-1. I guess 13 out of 18 points just isn't good enough.

7. :team676: Vegas Golden Knights (7-2-0)
    Last Week: 14 (+7)
    Hit:
    Maybe they actually are the real deal? @Delta sLays has another huge week going 3-0 and scoring 7 goals in addition to 7 assists.
    Miss: None

8. :team15: San Jose Sharks (3-4-2)
    Last week: 1 (-7)
    Hit:
    The best "3rd line" in LG keeps it going managing 66% of San Jose's wins this week.
    Miss: The Sharks flounder under the spotlight. Too much pressure was put on them by the media ranking them 1st in the Super 16. Now that they're at a comfortable 8, expect a rebound week.

9. :team14: Washington Capitals (5-4-0)
    Last Week: 10 (+1)
    Hit:
    @Il VENOMx keeps winning. Now that is something you love to see. Obviously, top line is solid, so the Caps really just need 3 or 4 wins from their other lines to stay afloat right now.
    Miss: They got outscored 17 to 1 in their losses this week. Like of course they are letting in more goals than they scored if they are losing, but that is one ugly ratio.

10. :team29: Calgary Flames (5-4-0)
    Last Week: 7 (-3)
    Hit:
    Calgary's top line is still humming. @Sitful is annihilating people in the faceoff dot; that should help with those pesky faceoff plays.
    Miss: The Lingbros had to watch a couple tough games this week as @Gunwoat just couldn't carry the boys to more than a single win. Let's just say there were only a few celebratory gifs in the discord that night.

11. :team17: Vancouver Canucks (5-3-1)
    Last Week: 9 (-2)
    Hit:
    Canucks trade for perennial "good player". I'm pretty confident this is what's referred to as a "pro gamer move".
    Bonus Hit: "@goonderk is basically just a glorified @Byfuglien x33l " - @Dekee-_-
    Greater words of praise have never been spoken.
    Miss: West line goes 3-0.

12. :team23: Florida Panthers (5-3-1)
    Last Week: 15 (+3)
    Hit:
    @Nifty was struggling in Florida, but they make a crazy trade and acquire @KingClutch x 77 . Wow. Blockbuster.
    Miss: I still feel like they're dropping games you'd expect them to win, but hey, sometimes you just don't live up to expectations. I know the feeling.

13. :team28: Arizona Coyotes (4-4-1)
    Last Week: 11 (-2)
    Hit:
    Basically keep pace with most of their division by going .500
    Miss: Any time a line goes 0-3, it's bad news. @Eatchy sent back to CBJ after just one week in the desert.

14. :team20: Ottawa Senators (3-5-1)
    Last Week: 12 (-2)
    Hit:
    None
    Miss: Tough matchups most of the week really sunk the Senators week. Most teams wouldn't be able to survive that onslaught. Definitely have to put this in the miss column, though, as plenty of the other Atlantic teams had great weeks pushing them ahead of Ottawa or covering some ground.

15. :team391: Winnipeg Jets (3-4-2)
    Last Week: 16 (+1)
    Hit:
    @aHuff21 back on top with 8 goals this week. Currently on pace for 54 #roadto50
    Miss: @D4D USA is reportedly on the move. With his line being the most consistent, can the Jets remain a top team in the Central without him?

16. :team9: Dallas Stars (6-2-1)
    Last Week: Not Ranked (+)
    Hit:
    They got all lines rolling this week which is great news. Top line gets 3 wins, and the 2nd line gets 2.
    Miss: Not sure if this will turn into an upward trend or not. Opinions seem to be that Dallas will have a really tough time staying in the top 3 in the Central especially with essentially the entire Central separated by just a few points. Still, though, one good week pushed them into 3rd which is definitely a small victory.

Biggest Surprise of the Week:
    :team676: Vegas Hits the Jackpot

As it's almost common knowledge, everyone knows it's great to bank some wins early. Vegas is surely pleased with their start as some of the naysayers can eat their words, though, I'd argue being 9 points up on the Wildcard through 2 weeks is much more valuable. With some of the slow starts that projected playoff teams have gotten, Vegas can't rest on their laurels. Capturing these early points is great and will give them a good buffer in case they get a week or two of awful matchups or bad luck, but they won't win the division if they regress too much. Personally, I'm a big Vegas Golden Knights fan, hope they ship it this year.

Hot Seat:
    :team6: @VVaGs82 and @Schreiny

The Blue Jackets are not having the season that management envisioned. Missing playoffs last season was rough, but I think they were somewhat confident going into bidding. Alas, the season hasn't been easy so far for Columbus. With @RGDeded out of the way, @VVaGs82 has his sights set on the Crown of Trades, but will that help his team make playoffs? One of his big blockbuster trades fell through as he attempted to get one of the Columbus greats back into Nationwide Arena. Unfortunately, he was snaked by another management duo who had, in fact, just snaked the player in question. At the very least, the Blue Jackets need some wins and fast. I wouldn't bet on being able to build through the draft next season, but if current trends continue, the Jackets may not have much more to look forward to than the first overall pick.

New City, New Me:
    :team421: @JAMIE iz GOD

After being out due to injury week one, @JAMIE iz GOD unfortunately was traded to one of the worst teams in the standings upon getting healthy. He played on 3 different lines and was able to go 2-1-0 for the Thunderbirds recording 6 points.

:team1: @Byfuglien x33l
    A rough 0-3 start for the best DD in the game had @Byfuglien x33l bouncing around to a couple teams which landed him on the Toronto Maple Leafs. Safe to say his confidence is at an all-time high after going 3-0 and recording a +6 against the likes of WPG, STL, and CHI.

Goonderk Quote of the Week:
    goonderk.png

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 9
    No Streaming Account
  2. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Yoohoos are very tasty

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  3. PeteyMaCx11

PeteyMaCx11 555

Discord:
    PeteyMacx11#2465
    Ratings:
    +989 / 34 / -73
    PeteyMacx11
  4. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17
    Love the media. Thanks for putting it together.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    yoohoos are gross imagine drinking milk out of a glass bottle. Like drinking water out of a carton. Cursed.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    No Streaming Account
  6. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Except it's not milk...

No Streaming Account
  7. aHuff21

aHuff21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 16 / -20
    Good work goon. Keep it up bro

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ahuff21
  8. Berube x 9

Berube x 9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    berubex9#0
    Ratings:
    +652 / 53 / -42
    Love how the only thing goon said about our team was talking about himself lol

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    berubex9
  9. Doanxr

Doanxr Can’t play cause of rumors

Ratings:
    +221 / 22 / -45
    Good job !

• Like Like x 1
    Watching EA SPORTS FC™ 24 UT Hub 0-7 UT V UT, 2nd Half
    No Streaming Account
  10. Dualtz

Dualtz LGWJC Season 3 Defenceman of the Year

Ratings:
    +146 / 20 / -33

Miss:
    West line goes 3-0.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Dual19
  11. Berube x 9

Berube x 9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    berubex9#0
    Ratings:
    +652 / 53 / -42
    Sorry

berubex9
  12. FtB x Sauce

FtB x Sauce Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 77 / -84
    LOL

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Byfuglien x33l

Byfuglien x33l LFG discord.gg/Eashl

Discord:
    Byfuglien x33l#2028
    Ratings:
    +339 / 8 / -19
    Lmao, the way you do your write ups is perfect, My confidence couldnt be higher you are right ! Hopefully I will stay on this good sequence.:team1:

• Like Like x 1
    byfuglienx33l
  14. El Donn Juan

El Donn Juan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eldonnjuan#0
    Ratings:
    +777 / 48 / -63
    Go Stuuurs :team9:

rdonley7
  15. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    Thank you for quoting yourself. Great write up teammate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    persinger92