#QuoteGate

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by TH3 MEATS, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 10 / -45
    So, a couple days ago their was a big dust up in the chatbox. A bunch of guys were spamming and were punished. However, people have continued to talk about it and rightfully so. As a player in the league we all follow a determined set of rules. Rules that sort of force morality on the people with no filter in order to create a generally pleasant environment that also caters to competitive play. That being said, we also have "volunteers" who dedicate their time to making sure these rules are followed. We are all thankful that they take the time to do that for sure, that is not up for discussion.

What is up for discussion is when the rules are enforced and punishments are handed out that logistically make absolutely no sense from a players perspective where we feel if we do not voice our opinions we may be subject to a wrongful punishment.

So, what is the issue at hand?

[​IMG]

So here is question 1 for anyone who feels like being apart of the discussion;
    1. Would you ban @TertleToes for spam at that point?
    2. Is this what you would consider as spam?
    3. Should we be afraid of quoting something that was previously quoted twice?

Now, here is the rest of the image.

[​IMG]

The outcome?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think everyone agrees that all parties involved except for @TertleToes should have been muted. I think we all agree that in the case of @TertleToes it should be reversed, and it should have been reversed the next day after this had a chance to be looked at. Everyone else who joined in the group spam whether or not it was one time is guilty, so says Commish Moist.

Remedies for the future:
    Update the rules to explain GROUP SPAM and what constitutes as spam. If someone is to be in violation of quote spamming, at what point does a quote become spam? These things need to be defined and not assumed.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,457 / 325 / -613
    As I told you in the chatbox today, the CoC is currently being updated altogether by Staff so things are clearer and understood. There will be no grey areas. As Spamming falls under the CoC, it is also being reviewed and updated.

• Informative Informative x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  3. Fly I25I

Fly I25I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +904 / 35 / -50
    #FreeTertle

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. Saquon

Saquon Gag On It

Discord:
    saquon.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,171 / 110 / -135
    #Freeziggy

• Like Like x 1
    simpism
  5. Grandma in Urn

Grandma in Urn HUT Champion

Ratings:
    +449 / 38 / -111
    i like the Lol.Malchensky part

Malchesky
  6. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57

HENCEFORTH ANYONE WHO COPIES A MESSAGE ( INCLUDING IN A FORUM) WILL BE BANISHED TO THE SHADOWREALM AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH @l Freddy ll

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account