* New * NHL21 EASHL Gameplay Changes/Updates

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Aug 31, 2020.

1. xCHAMPx75

xCHAMPx75 xCHAMPx75

Ratings:
    +36 / 3 / -4
    What is auto aim on hits? Is it some type of cheat? Seriously never heard of it.

No Streaming Account
  2. MiDi l97l

MiDi l97l Take it easy dude, but take it

Discord:
    MiDi#7306
    Ratings:
    +897 / 67 / -33
    Lateral movement on cuts with puck possession seems a little clunky, and other just general clunkiness that is common in betas.

I’ve noticed occasionally some small bumps from behind cause a bigger reaction that they should. Overall I’d say an improvement from 20 that with refining should be better

No Streaming Account
  3. Farfadet92

Farfadet92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 12 / -29
    Ok maybe not auto aim but in NHL20, when you go for a hit, theres like a bubble that will change your direction to the player. Hard to explain hahah

• Like Like x 1
    farfadet92
  4. bryg20_

bryg20_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -4
    I agree with the hits. Squaring a skater up and flicking right analog doesn’t do as much as standing still and having the skater skate into you. Not realistic.

Have also noticed - and conferred w/some other D-men - that position effectiveness is non-existent, ie. Positioned in between a cross crease and there’s no pickup or block. But being randomly positioned can be beneficial. Minor concerns are ineffectiveness of stick lifting and stick sweeping.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Saucerman x3

Saucerman x3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    saucermanx3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,640 / 111 / -142
    Ya know.... im reading through all these notes and what I have noticed playing is exactly true when reading through these notes. So in 19 they took away a defensemans stick basically, they gave us bumps though. In 20 we still had to stick, the bumps werent as effective, but there was so much incidental contact we could pray the puck landed on our stick. Now here comes 21 we still do not have our stick, bumps dont work, its harder to get the puck off people with incidental contact, we dont have that weird speed catchup thing we used to have, and pass pickoffs are still scary inconsistent. I feel like as a defensemen I have no love for this game anymore, I dread playing it. I can't just look at the winger opposite me and say im locking him, it isnt possible. I cant say im going to lock down the crease, the random bounces, the tips, the passes I cant pick off, it isnt possible. We defenseman need some help it got ridiculous in 20 how much the game favored forwards and it has only gone further in their favor so far in 21.

• Like Like x 7
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Saucermanx3
  6. FrostPhang

FrostPhang Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I liked the technical test, only thing I think that needs to be adjusted is speed difference between dmen and fwds ,puck pickups need to be cleaner, and goalie animations need to be a bit smoother but other than that it’s an awesome game!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    One thing ive noticed now is that passes in front tend to always go through unless there's literally at least 2 guys in the lane. So many forces going through my skates no matter what buttons i press, which direction im facing, etc.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    nah the raw tools are better in this game its just harder to play D because game is faster and pivots are slower

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. greatzilla007

greatzilla007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 16 / -62
    This is the 5th straight Beta i have played and the game feels like this should have been the first 1 i have ever played. I dont think its a step forward for the franchise. Its the same game for the last 6 years without them improving things but rather changing the things that arent a problem and forgetting about the gameplay issues. Its a forward heavy Video game and the D and goalies get the shaft when Defense and goaltending are the most important part of real hockey. The game sucks IMO like the last few NHL games.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    greatzilla007
  10. Blinding-Light--

Blinding-Light-- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    blinding_light__#0
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1
    Not that i think it's that important regarding lg games but in the effort to report bugs I got into a fight in drop in and absolutely demolished this poor fellow. Like he had no energy left and i hit him roughly 10 times but he wouldn't drop... my thumb got tired and he beat me when my energy ran out? 100% i beat him just sayin lol. Maybe there's a fight glitch i dunno.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. NJDEVIL30274

NJDEVIL30274 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    scottyk.#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 2 / -10
    Feel like forwards are on steroids now, the last few yrs I was in favor of D-men back skating being slowed, I was wrong. Seems picking up the puck in passing lanes happens even less than it does in 20. Right now the BETA is leaving a lot to be desired....I went back and played 20 and enjoyed it a lot more...and I HATE NHL 20.

Bummed out for sure

• Like Like x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    - i find one on one isnt there as a fwd agaisnt a dman. If u dont speed past them there isnt alot of options to get by because the turning/Agility is too slow

- passing feels a little bit delayed imo

- gunna leave goalie out cause i dont play it

- the cross crease passing is OP but if you force in neutral zone i find it doesnt go through like the forces in the Ozone do

- game speed is nice

- Sauces are hit or miss. I find they work well on transition but some of the sauces that go through feels like they go right through you.

- i see potential in skill gap and feels like old gen (good news) but overall these 9-8 games aint it. I have witness countless games youre up 5-1 in the third and somehow win or lose the game 9-7. I get it, its a video game but that isnt hockey lol

- getting alot of Fair connection games.. little bit concerning

- the puck bouncing is a little crazy too

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  13. Snizzahh

Snizzahh Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Snizzah#6305
    Ratings:
    +557 / 90 / -48
    Tune down the force passes

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Snizzahh
  14. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    In my opinion one of the biggest issues with the game is the fact that we can't hit the net like 50% of the time. Even sniper builds don't seem to help the problem at all.

With all of the "lucky" goals that happen (deflection goals, net-front 50/50 pick-up-battle goals, goals when your goalie is perfectly positioned, etc.), the high-percentage plays NEED to be rewarded. We've all lost many games where we felt we clearly out-chanced the other team and missed the net on several easy tap-ins. Such as:

- Breakaways
    - Backdoor wide open net tap-ins
    - Snipes when the goalie leaves a big opening

The amount of times after a loss that a teammate says "tough loss, but we missed the net like 5 times" is absurd to me. Please look into fixing this, even if the fix only applies to sniper builds.

• Like Like x 3
    Twistafied
  15. Gerbe x 42

Gerbe x 42 S36 Stanley Cup Champion

Discord:
    Gerbe_#4830
    Ratings:
    +75 / 2 / -9
    I just wanna know why the name "Gerbe" is considered "profanity/inappropriate text" when he's literally a player in the game and I can chose the same name with same spelling as a play-by-play name

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Gerbe_
  16. WeZ99

WeZ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wez99#9911
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -1
    The hits in the beta are much more realistic and improved from nhl 20. If you take the correct angles or hit them straight on, the hits are effective. Though the hit assist is still there, rather see it eliminated, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I use it to improve my positioning on a puck carrier.

The agility is pretty bad as others have mentioned, seems to turn is slow and clunky while cutting is actually solid.

I've played a game where a fight occured and the game froze on me, dash boarded me and then my Xbox shut off lol. Not sure if anyone else had this happen, but it was weird.

Passing seems to be better. No doubt the cross creasing seems to work pretty often. Unfortunately I haven't found myself trying to make a pass by a defender who has his back to then play (like a 2 on 1 from neutral zone/entering the offensive zone). In nhl 20 the defender would always pick it off, idk if others have tried and had the proper success it should bring?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. lPastrnak 88l

lPastrnak 88l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lpastrnak88l#0
    Ratings:
    +459 / 18 / -72
    can we please aim the puck when we shoot, not when the pass is made.

• Winner Winner x 2
    lpastrnak88l
  18. Firehalomaniac

Firehalomaniac Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 18 / -26
    Things I've noticed.
    - The one handed tuck feels like instead of the puck being dragged its flipped/pushed backward slightly which makes the angle to do a one handed tuck and the way its looks and feels pretty weird.

-Ive had random stints about twice where off a draw my guy literally doesn't move for a good 10 seconds causing me to look at my control expecting it to be off and its not. After about the 10 seconds the guy just starts skating normally.

-How are in game loops still a thing?

-How is screen tear still a thing? ** This one is slightly concerning because if its the game in general for 21 and not just certain arenas like it was in 20 that's going to cause a sizeable advantage to people who get the new console, assuming it doesn't happen on that.

-Forgot to add, forces. As a forward, the forces get through way too much in situations where the defense should realistically be intercepting the passes.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    firehalomaniac
  19. Evasive l24l

Evasive l24l Evasive

Discord:
    Evasive#9066
    Ratings:
    +175 / 107 / -121
    Versus: If a penalty or goal happens Player Card Overlay covers half the screen until the next whistle.

EvasiveR6
  20. Neil x 25

Neil x 25 Former AHL Cover Boy #BACK

Ratings:
    +485 / 53 / -53
    Is it possible to even do the Michigan?

No Streaming Account