* New * NHL 21 GOALIE FEEDBACK THREAD

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Which Goalie additions would you like to see most for NHL22

1. Custom Goalie Masks

57.1%
  2. Multiple Pad Set up Slots

40.0%
  3. New Branded Goalie Gear

19.7%
  4. New Goalie Camera Angle

23.2%
  5. New Goalie Attributes

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. a Living Pylon

a Living Pylon Keyboard Warrior

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -1
    Fix goalie save and cover logic. Especially on wrap-arounds and goal-line shots.

Same bugs every year since NHL 12

No Streaming Account
  2. oNitrate

oNitrate Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oNitrate#7559
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -4
    It seems im the minority here. I like the way the goalie feels in this game more than 20, but i find the consistency way worse. Im being short side sniped when im covering that angle and not moving an inch to the far side. I strongly encourge the fact that you should have to challenge a shot. Middle sitting is bs. That being said, this game is so fast and goalies are designed to have an increased save percentage when being set makes it extremely unreliable. I get this is a beta, but the consistency is just brutal for half the shots. Im still finding my guy doing animations that redirect the puck into my own net.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. BEAUPRE o

BEAUPRE o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 10 / -13
    from what i experienced i think itsvmore about adapting to the new mechanic than anything else, goalies are fast. People are used to stand butterfly and let their g auto save high shots, which now require to recover by standing up like irl, it actually makes the reads een harder and also take more skills in my opinion. The kick pad save animation ia definatly something they have to review, every time i saw a g used it thee puck went in. beside that i dont see much issues, like i said its more about adapting the new mechanic and relearn how to play goalie instead of letting your goalie do all the job for yourself by standing butterfly

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. oNitrate

oNitrate Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oNitrate#7559
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -4
    I honestly dont know lg G who just sits butterfly so this comment is kind of irrelevant. I havent even seen a drop in goalie use this technique since 19

No Streaming Account
  5. BEAUPRE o

BEAUPRE o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 10 / -13
    i never talked about being butterfly all the time, but yeah sometimes a goalie will stay butterfly when the puck comes from behind the net and will be able to save high shots, now you cant do it anymore since you have to stand up or else you will get sniped

No Streaming Account
  6. lastingimpact

lastingimpact Well-Known Member

Discord:
    _deon#0
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -3
    Aside from the obvious bugs (that stick-side kick animation that leaves a gaping five hole) I love the new butterfly movement though I do feel like he "takes off" a bit fast sometimes when I'm not meaning to. I think the glove needs to be un-nerfed at least a little bit, I'm getting sniped on wrist shots from the blue line while I'm at the top of my crease. With how fast skaters and passing are in the game you really can't expect goalies to play out much beyond that imo.

lg_lastingimpact
  7. soup31314

soup31314 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soup31314#9713
    Ratings:
    +880 / 196 / -248
    I would also like to see more then just two build slots. How about 6 like skaters, or at least 3, one for each build type.

i do like the animations this season, and really like how the Y button has been improved

• Like Like x 1
    soup31314
  8. BLGoalie

BLGoalie Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PowerPak#4826
    Ratings:
    +145 / 27 / -72
    First person camera thx

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  9. x mR aNdersoN o

x mR aNdersoN o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    whatever they do just please for the love of god keep it so you actually have to challenge at the top of the crease and use your rs to make saves. its clunky but also the most realistic its ever been and has a skill gap. you cant sit back and not move. the lateral movement needs to be smoother, post to post on wraps needs working and the 5hole is awful but this version of G has the most potential of any of their games since old gen

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Honestly what's the point here? It's been what, 5 years now & they STILL can't get things right. Try to sit there & cover the puck multiple times just for it to be poked in anyway. Weakest of shots / passes go by you 5 hole. The same typical garbage for skaters still persists too. Have to sit there forever with stupid RNG reward bags & still not have a complete set of branded / model goalie gear. Stupid preset classes with dumb traits that adversely affect something. Give us the old gen games back already that were so much better than anything that we've had this gen. No way in hell am I buying '21...

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Cxnrad

Cxnrad Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cxnrad#0
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -1
    Goalie feels nice. But why did they make down on the right stick the spread eagle animation instead of last year when it was stick on the ice. Pain in the ass.

• Like Like x 1
    iCxnrad
  12. immortalbmw

immortalbmw ultimate puck stoppah

Discord:
    immortalbmw#0
    Ratings:
    +106 / 4 / -4
    i would like to see a feature where if the puck is hidden on screen by my own goalie (after a shot, pile up in front of the net, or even an opposing skater deking in front of me) give the goalie a degree of transparency so that i can see the puck instead of guessing exactly where it is.

this could be achieved in two ways. give us an on/off option much like auto cover or auto sweep and we just take whatever level of transparency EA gives us, or if they wantws to really kick it up a notch give us a slider bar like the pass assist so players can choose from 0-100 how much transparency they want.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    immortalbmw
  13. o S m i i t t y

o S m i i t t y Oh yea you like that

Discord:
    o S m i i t t y#5303
    Ratings:
    +213 / 10 / -14
    Leave goalie the way it is just fix the shitty animations!!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. tdk_95

tdk_95 Wannabe RD

Discord:
    TDK_95#8433
    Ratings:
    +373 / 7 / -2
    Copied from another thread...

I hate it, personally. It's worth noting I've been terrible, all beta, and I'll be the first to cop to that. I think a lot of the changes that have been made have personally altered my play style more than they might another goalie, so I might have stronger feelings about this than some other goalies would. Having said that...

Pros
    -----
    - Movement speed is quicker in a way that saves I think would be virtually impossible all last year are possible in the beta. Butterfly slides seem more effective, regular movement in butterfly has been entirely reworked, basically if you know a specific shot/pass is coming you should be able to get to it this year.
    - New spread eagle is OP. For real, the first true weapon goalies have been given on breakaways/in close chances. The fact that the goalie slides back the way he does without already moving backwards defies the laws of physics, but idc, it's sick and I've made some unreal saves.
    - Shots through traffic go in! I think this is good personally, I've thought screens should be more of a tool than they've been in years past.
    - GOALIE EXTRA ATTACKERS ARE SICK, and the only change I hope they implement is the ability to create a class.

Edit:
    - New butterfly post leans could use a bit of a touch-up I think in terms of shots they allow, angles, etc. but otherwise look good and surprisingly natural once you get into the flow of a game.

Cons
    -----
    - Movement speed is way quicker and harder to control, so mistakes are amplified. This particularly affects me a lot, positions where I would come out and challenge in the past, it's too easy to lose track of your net after a couple passes. Players are rewarded for, I don't wanna say middle-sitting, but taking passive, conservative movements this year where they weren't in the past.
    - LOW ANIMATIONS ARE TRASH. Oh my god. Ask literally anyone who's played 10+ games in net and they'll tell you about the broken stick low/five hole animation that lets goals in like crazy, but there's more to it than that.
    • Shots in close while in butterfly won't even elicit an animation.
    • High to low deflections from the point go in more than they should, and far more than they did last year. Goalies aren't rewarded for active positioning.
    • It seems like the deflections into the corner on shots far away have virtually vanished in this beta, and it was one of my favorite added features this year. Good positioning and visibility on a shot are less likely to reward you with a good rebound.
    • I've noticed that skaters pull pucks directly off your pads much quicker after shots this year, and I'd love to see if other goalies can also vouch for that. Going along with that, auto-cover seems slightly nerfed.
    • THAT damn stick low animation. It'll get fixed. I know it will.
    • Edit: Maybe I'm just biased, but low shots, specifically low blocker side shots on the rush, should not go in as much as they do. There were clearly some stand-up animations they thought seemed unrealistic or didn't work too well with the newer animations so they tried to kill them, and as a result it's far too easy to let up soft goals from a distance even while a goalie is challenging the shooter. Those shots, in years past, would be a kick save, potentially one where the goalie would himself go down into butterfly and now they just look like...bad fluke goals.
    - Paddle down is dead. Long live paddle down. The tool is still there, but the inability to get a paddle down post hug (which is primarily what I used it for) without first standing, post hugging, butterflying, then paddle downing kills its functionality; all those actions take way too long to perform. Couple that with the fact that you can't move post-to-post paddle down and it's a game over. (Love you Doc <3)
    - There's bugs, but that's to be expected. Your goalie locks up if you try and post hug out of a free skate (which you use more than you'd think if you play the puck actively.) Goalie movement in general seems to have some bugs, I went to skate a puck behind my net during WNP last night and got completely locked up.

Idk, I'm gonna add more to this as I think of things. Personally, I'm not enjoying playing goalie in '21, and that might be because I'm bad, but I have to say the games I've playedwell I find myself...doing less with the position than I used to.

• Creative Creative x 1
    TDK95
  15. Zumeck

Zumeck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Zumeck#3560
    Ratings:
    +847 / 102 / -147
    The movement is good. They need to fix animations across the board, however. Puck tracking is not where it needs to be by a longshot. When the puck is in the corner and down low, the goalie does not face the right way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,581 / 861 / -476
    Not a huge issue, but when the goalie comes out as an extra attacker they should get their skater loadout 1, that way they can atleast pick their stick hand.

• Winner Winner x 3
    Broomball1881
  17. CabRelix

CabRelix Warning Group

Discord:
    CabRelix G#2772
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1
    I like that using the post is working better in the test. Being able to cover short side and recover as it moves across the net from the post instead of flying across the paint is a good add. I found with high enough vision and good positioning I was getting sniped less than 20. The new traits look like they could make a big difference this year. It feels like you need to be aggressive again and will get rewarded for it more than 20. Top of the crease for snipes, and post hugs and pokes for around the net. If this is what we get for goalie this year I think it is the best we will have had for a long time. It needs work but I still think it's an improvement.

No Streaming Account
  18. X Scorgsm

X Scorgsm Well-Known Member

Discord:
    multipl_scorgsm#0
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    Attributes seem like they don't do anything. The higher the attribute, the easier goals go in. Wish we can go back to fully custom players.

If puck is being played on boards, goalie does not square up to puck. Animation stays stuck facing forward.

Side to side movement is out of wack in butterfly. Sometimes the animation will move slightly and sometimes it's way out to lunch.

Movement all around just feels weird/choppy.

1 timers from anywhere are overpowered. Even in perfect position and with 1 time wonder on ( if that specialty even does anything) it goes in 99% of the time.

Changed goalie stance multiple times and doesn't seem like it changes in game? Not sure if that's only because of beta or not

A camera angle between fixed and high would be awesome.

I get EA is trying to make it fun for skaters in general by giving up more goals, but as a person who only plays G it's getting worse and worse every year. When I'm in perfect position and someone goes top corner when I got 95 glove high, there's something wrong. It's getting up to the point where playing G isn't even worth playing anymore.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    multiplscorgsm
  19. lbFish81

lbFish81 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -2
    Agree with a lit of whats been said on both the good and bad. The new tools and control in bfy feels really good and I'm excited to use it.

But overall performance has been awful. I've been absolute trash in beta so I could be biased.

Playing high level teams I found even when I was reading plays I'd just got the "stop" animation halfway to where I was going

Post bubble untethered my positioning and made it very hard to get reads on angle with the smaller save box.

I did like that there seems to be a benefit on challenging especially on walk outs from behind the net/cuts in tight. Actually being able to keep up was nice compared to 20.

Bad animations and stats/save box being too weak really killed it though.

I think this g would be ok if they hadn't nerfd the dmen so much but I've routinely been seeing 6 CC and 6 breakaways a game.

I make 4 bail out saves, usually enough to carry/keep a team in it in 20, but in 21 that means im letting in 8 goals and have a .500 sv%

No Streaming Account
  20. Scalikov

Scalikov Well-Known Member

Discord:
    scali5591#0
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -2
    I love how they once again added some more realism with goalies. I love the look and the movement added and the way it feels. being more interactive in the game and actually understanding the position seems to be to the players benefit. Thus, will likely create a much bigger skill gap than in previous years. That much i appreciate.

With that being said, trying to goal shots, seemed to have slim benefits. Being aggressive on point shots helps with shot animations and saving tips in front. but the backwards movement to cut off a low one timer seemed hilariously sluggish and slow. Even if read well in advance, and being in position (to the best of my ability), STILL doesnt grant me a good animation to make the save and could count on one hand how many times i actually got the save. Im not asking for a save every time, because that not real hockey. But an animation at all would have been nice, because it shows me that the game was trying. maybe that not how the game was wrote, and might have to resort to body saves. Not sure.

Im not sure if im alone in this since goalies tend to have their own preferred styles. but with one or two bad things, i could find half a dozen good improvements that EA made to make the game seem more realistic for everyone.
    If you ask me, Im all about it

No Streaming Account