* New * NHL21 EASHL Gameplay Changes/Updates

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Aug 31, 2020.

1. LANDOLEO87

LANDOLEO87 LEOgoHAM87

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -1
    Also we all felt similar about the defense and goaltending when 20 dropped but after all the tuning we’ve seen a lot of low scoring games bc both defense and goaltending had the issues resolved so I don’t think anything was so wrong that it needs major changes. On the right track at least

No Streaming Account
  2. LANDOLEO87

LANDOLEO87 LEOgoHAM87

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -1
    I agree on the attributes part and also no point in having a 2nd level trait when it’s such a huge negative hit to balance and other important attributes. I used First traits only bc of this and won’t even bother with the number two trait if it stays this way bc you lose as much as you gain possibly more

No Streaming Account
  3. Sbrangy

Sbrangy Vanna Gurkmakokov™

Discord:
    Sbrangy#2399
    Ratings:
    +379 / 26 / -32
    please, for the love of god give the Dmen some help. Please go back to the old front of the net tie up system that actually worked. Stick lift is alot better in 21, pokecheck is still a penalty button.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Hra-ow

Hra-ow Hra

Ratings:
    +1,448 / 166 / -472
    Eashl is good. Passing and chemistry is a big part. Do not touch anything skating wise or L2 will come back. Dman have a tough time transitioning sometimes but that’s realistic if you change that so they can back skate better the L2 is back in the game.

Defensively, the game is fine just gotta fix the puck pickups.

Only thing I’d fix is the incidental contact there’s a lot of that.

Overall, I really enjoyed the beta.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    hraow
  5. Johnny2fingaz

Johnny2fingaz Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0
    As primarily a dman last year and a HUGE fan of hockey , I LOVE the changes! It’s not like last year where you just played the zone waiting to pick off a pass or pray for incidental contact to go your way, this year you really have to do an input to get the puck. Net battles, tie ups, poke checking, DSS, shot blocking all work better than last year. I’m not a player who is a headhunter. I keep em to the outside and then get em in the corners.
    The RS for checking is different. seems to keep your opponent contained as you continue to hold it instead of last year where that would make you careen past your dude. Was that just me?

You really have to respect fast players. I love how acceleration is more natural and dynamic.

Passing is far more smoother. Goes through players more often. As a dman I think this is GOOD. Helps me get the puck out of the zone. Being hard on your opponent to tie them up/bump/block the pass, is crucial and I enjoy that a lot.

The puck is more alive. Puck exchanges between players are more fluid. Love how it deflects off things and out of the rink more. I love how it feels like moving the puck is crucial to success (oh gosh, just like real life!) you can’t hold onto long. Gotta move it!

I love how dumping the puck works better using R1+LS isn’t an insta outta play anymore. Same with a saucer passes into the corner.

I really hope we continue in this direction, it’s quite different than prior reiterations but I think it really will showcase the teams that are good at working together and passing versus the one man shows that we can currently get in nhl 20.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. xTRIPP30x

xTRIPP30x Pond Hockey (Owner)

Discord:
    xTRIPP30x#3434
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Need to get rid of losing the puck when you come close to your own goalie, get rid off the force field around the back of the net, get rid of the moving of the camera with left joy stick before faceoffs, make the main menu easier to go into 6v6 club games with one click from main menu. I also think they should go back to being able to make your own build with points. Goalie interference is still an issue. If the goalie initiates contact it shouldnt be goalie intereference unless the skater is in the crease. This is a huge problem every year. Im not a goalie but when i do play it I like to match my equipment colors and would be nice to match your mask with the team colors also! Why not put in the game the ability to pick a plain mask and just change the colors and the cage colors two different color selectors like with skaters being able to change skates, stick tape, mouth guard etc.

xTRIPP30x
  7. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    This is wrong on so many levels. Is defense hard? Yes! The tools are wayyyy better than in 20 though. You can poke things that you should be able to poke without getting a penalty it's just that shitty d men are finally getting exposed by their bad positioning and gap control. The only times I have been burned wide in beta are because I was caught sleeping and deserved it. There isn't really anyrhing crazy where I felt like I was at an unfair disadvantage

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. FreeZ-o-R

FreeZ-o-R FreeZ-o-R

Discord:
    freez_o_r#0
    Ratings:
    +86 / 1 / -8
    I wasn’t sure at the start but more you play the better it gets.
    I like how they managed to make the game a little more offensive.
    Slow turns are manageable once you get use to it.
    To be improved :
    If you try to wrister the puck in the defensive zone behind the net , it glitches a lot , the puck won’t go behind the net and will stick to the ice. There’s like a dead angle. - animations are improved quite a bit , I still got that one timer animation that loooks like you have you get bolted in the ground and your guy close his eyes and try to slap within 5 seconds... sometimes you get attracted by the puck too much.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    freezor13
  9. LANDOLEO87

LANDOLEO87 LEOgoHAM87

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -1
    On track to take a pretty decent game in nhl 20 and imorove it to a solid hockey game in 21 imo.. Defense is one if the most challenging positions to play and some pucks do get through defenders irl. If you have a body on a body with stick tied up like you should then you won’t have any issues but shouldn’t be able to park a giant build in front of net and pick off every pass bc people complained about puck pickup so much in 19. This was a more realistic nhl game overall which is what we want

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. xKillzone99

xKillzone99 2 Time National Champ

Discord:
    xKIllzone99#8750
    Ratings:
    +100 / 6 / -16
    Game has that slow clunky NHL 20 feel to it still mostly due to the poor skating engine, but atleast they slowed down L2/LT They made the passing feel better and smoother than 20 so that's a plus, even shooting sometimes feels better but the auto animations once again can cost and be flat out pointless, there's times where I lined up for a perfect 1 timer and my guys backhands a shot off a perfect pass instead clapping it. Seems to be far too much copy and paste from 19 and 20 enough for people to 2nd guess paying $60 at launch. Now the biggest mistake are the player builds these preset builds with poorly thought out perks are making people bored with EASHL, even if EA doesn't know how to make builds like they did in older NHL games the community wants to have more creative freedom with their personal buids... the builds feel like playing battlefield or CoD and before you level up you're forced to use those crappy preset classes they give you. Its exactly like that but has lasted for a few years rather than a few levels or another comparison is back in the older NHL using boost pack player builds at the start of the year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    xkillzone99
  11. ender554

ender554 Trying to LG from new home in Italy

Ratings:
    +173 / 8 / -30
    As a preferably defensive minded C and sometimes D man these are my thoughts. As well as of a software developer.

Negatives:
    The speed gap is a bit too high, ie a 93 speed to a 90 speed feels way more differentiated than it should. Almost as if speed in this game is exponential rather than linear. Fairly easy tweak.

Defensively engaging an offensive player in your d zone feels nerfed. Auto locking on to players you are defending has a weird hesitation mechanic. Engaging them doesn't result in enough difficulty for the puck carrier. Would be good to see more instances of affecting passing and puck control of the puck carrier while actively engaged with them.

In front of the net still seems very much in favor of the offense. Forced passes go through too easily when a better mechanic would be solid object interference. When facing the passer and between the player and passer disrupting that pass should be fairly easy. Not just as far as turnovers but actually causing the pass to miss.

Tie up battles are still a bit too hard to engage in.

Positives:
    The skating physics seem mostly much improved. I prefer the slower turns and more realistic agility of skaters.

Defensive stick is finally not so easy to be a penalty, the well time poke works like a well timed poke should.

Play feels like it makes passing more incentivized than previous incarnations.

Overall i think it's an improvement to the previous game beyond what I expected. But still needs just a few tweaks to adjust the balance between offense and defense. I know for excitement reasons offense is a bit OP but my fear is that conversely there will be a frustration increase to D players.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Toeffoli

Toeffoli Well-Known Member

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Don’t matter probably some where out west
    Ratings:
    +592 / 24 / -69
    Really I didn’t have the issue of getting caught by a dman if I got behind them

AnthonyLive
  13. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    Didn't you say you were using a 5'10 174lb PMD? That build has like 88 speed and 89 accel/agility. If the only way to avoid getting burned is to use a tiny build on D then there is probably something wrong with the skating.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Toeffoli

Toeffoli Well-Known Member

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Don’t matter probably some where out west
    Ratings:
    +592 / 24 / -69
    Or you have to pay attention to the game. And not get caught with players behind you or getting flat footed

• Winner Winner x 3
    AnthonyLive
  15. Bruins37

Bruins37 CHL Shitter | $0 Player

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    It’s not about getting caught with a forward behind you, of course you should get punished for that just like any years game. It’s about having to camp at center ice waiting for the other team to break out because forwards can just straight line past you like it’s nothing because turning back to defense is like steering an aircraft carrier.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    If you're using anything other than a tiny build it takes a couple of seconds to turn your guy and skate at full speed. That's a pretty big window for a forward who is probably already skating forward to skate by you.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  17. Bruins37

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    @SweetLou9208 Keep rating my posts dumb instead of engaging in an honest discussion about how the game that you're a gamechanger for is bad and how to improve it, very cool! Will be awesome for competitive 6s to be an NHL HITZ style north/south track meet with every dman being 5'9", can't wait man.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    i use a dfd and gap up fine. The agility wasnt changed and either was the speed. The accel out of a pivot backwards was so you have to open up earlier or gap up like in real life when players are wide on you

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  19. Bruins37

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    Yeah I love real life hockey where every single winger in the league is 5'7" 165 and just skates fast in a straight line back and forth all game.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Bushook

Bushook S34 League Giveaway Leader

Ratings:
    +121 / 9 / -8
    Improve shooting accuracy on quick forehand and backhand shots when driving the net. Reasonably increase reward for effectively defending lanes to the crease/slot. Do not make it possible to cleanly pick full power passes from a foot away. Turning around from backskate shouldn’t be slower than doing so with the puck, but don’t believe that dmen need a huge buff because it’s not that hard other than the impossible task of defending cuts and one timers in front of the net. Goalies seem to be able to make more of the saves they feel they read properly, but I don’t really know the buttons, so I can’t call it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account