* New * NHL 21 GOALIE FEEDBACK THREAD

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Which Goalie additions would you like to see most for NHL22

1. Custom Goalie Masks

57.1%
  2. Multiple Pad Set up Slots

40.0%
  3. New Branded Goalie Gear

19.7%
  4. New Goalie Camera Angle

23.2%
  5. New Goalie Attributes

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lbFish81

lbFish81 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -2
    I had the same issues scali.

I think if the skater tuning was more like 20, the changes to goalie would be a lot better, but its just been a real challenge to keep up as A) you have to challenge the shot more BUT B) interceptions are down and pass speed seems up so more forces/pass plays get through, putting you in the position where you're damned if you try to be in position for the pass and damned if you challenge the shot (though it could just be the "right spot" is extremely small)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Coke Z3R0

Coke Z3R0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If they made the option to pull the goalie an player as skater and left everything else the way it was in 20 i'd be happy. Goalies sliding around too much, changing the right stick down to the same animation as the desperation save is dumb, letting in goals with the angles covered and defenders not picking up forces makes playing goalie in nhl 21 just not viable. Probably not picking this one up, at the very least not paying 60 dollars for it..

No Streaming Account
  3. Johnny2fingaz

Johnny2fingaz Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0
    Playing goalie is a lot more fun. Like how they are faster and using the RS is crucial. Movement in butter fly is fun!

Gotta play your angles harder than last year.

No Streaming Account
  4. rottingflesh666

rottingflesh666 Flames for life

Ratings:
    +4 / 1 / -6
    The five hole slips happen to often. Where a pad just lifts because it wants to. Id love to see this removed or seriously reduced please.

I find to often i get a large chunk of the puck and im in good position and yet my goalie just can't stop the puck from bouncing off pads and rolling in net.

Animations are great felt little choppy but it was a beta so ill keep an open mind about final product.

One thing i feel a lot of us goalies will have a problem with is the spread V RS down animation. No idea why this was changed from a 2 button animation to a 1 button animation. I feel it you are just off on the RS your goalie just flips down and there it is a wide open net.

Changing paddle down to L2+X i feel is ridiculous and would love to see an option for us goalies to be able to change this back to last year's settings. Maybe as a second alternate control lay out.

Skaters have a ton of freedom with their controls I think its about time goalies get the same with not having to change finger memory every year. We already have the hardest position, why not throw us a bone here.

rottingflesh666
  5. Cotachoda7

Cotachoda7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cotachoda7(G)#9836
    Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -1
    Absolutely love the new goalie animations but the one timers r over powered

cotachoda79
  6. TMGKuzKuz31

TMGKuzKuz31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Love the goalie movement when in butterfly. Especially when there are scrambles in front of the net. It does not feel like I am going to over slide to stay square to a puck that has only moved about 6 inches left or right. It also helped out really well to stop the glitch wrap whereas in NHL 20 the goalie would not have recovered. Only problem was that if a shooter was near the post and the goalie was in butterfly near the post, the shooter can shoot far side and the goalie would not react. A simple kick of the leg would have stopped those shots
    T pushes are still useless. You have to hope that A: you can shuffle over and hope that your goalie can make it or B: butterfly slide and hope that your opponent doesn't shoot across the grain. A working T push would help a great deal.
    Against a goalie who catches left handed: skaters on the backhand that skate through the slot from left to right can shoot back hand on the glove side and seem to score very consistently even if the goalie sells out for it.
    On a few cross crease shots it seemed that the goalie more than a few times was more concerned with controlling the rebound than he was making the save in which case he didn't have a good seal of his pad with the ice and the puck just went right underneath for an easy goal
    There were also occasions where slap shots would be taken between the blue line and the face off circle and if the shooter kept the shot low and towards the far side the goalie would attempt a standing kick save but the puck would just sail right by for another easy goal. This happened even when playing at the top of the crease.

No Streaming Account
  7. recyclebinhero

recyclebinhero Well-Known Member

Discord:
    RecyclebinHero#6163
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -3
    Pros:

- Movement in butterfly is wayyy better
    - Tracking is better
    - Actually feel like I’m in control of my guy more, still not 100% but getting closer
    - different height/weight actually seems to matter
    - Puck doesn’t seem as magnetized to open forwards sticks off a rebound
    - Rebound control seems better
    - L3 is a nice touch
    - RS down is nice and different than X + LS down. It’s minor but RS is a faster more aggressive slide back, while X + LS is slower and the goalie tries to get his skates on both posts

Cons:

- Movement overall feels clunky, even though movement in butterfly is better
    - No post bubble. Our goalie just doesn’t seem to realize where the post is when moving
    - shots from the corner off our guy and in are awkward. Yeah we have post hug, but since we have no animations off it it’s not ideal either.
    - Goalies randomly opening 5 hole for goals
    - Shots on the ice to a post when it should be a toe save our guy animates is leg back creating a angle that the puck bounces off our pad and in.
    - Sometimes when tracking the puck the goalie will turn perpendicular to the goal line. Even though we make the save it will still bounce off us in.

Recyclebinhero
  8. xNHLYork91x

xNHLYork91x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    unbeatensniper1#0
    Ratings:
    +3 / 2 / -0
    How they still haven’t fixed the goalie coverup is beyond me how hard is it to find that coding from recent games where puck cover worked and implement them into the new game

No Streaming Account
  9. KROFTONITE

KROFTONITE www.twitch.tv/KROFTO

Discord:
    KROFTO#8304
    Ratings:
    +904 / 3 / -31
    I played a few games during the beta and overall loved it, once I got used to the new feel.

Pros: Quicker response time,
    butterfly feels better,
    I like the right stick down being changed.

There are however a few things I would change and I am sure somewhere already talked about.

Cons:
    Blocker animations are not saving the puck as they should,
    Shots on the ice on the blocker side cause a new animation that will never save the puck,
    Pucks that are tipped from the distance of the dots (in the faceoff circle) go in from the goalie being stuck in an animation of the original shot no matter how slow it was,
    and last shots have been going in the short side, even with the goalie totally committed to the shooter (when in close).

KROFTO
  10. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    Fix the animations. Goalie doesn't face the play anymore...the puck could be in the corners and you be FULLY on that side and goalie still wont face the play. They fixed that issue for 20, but its back again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    icallsowhat55
  11. kEBZeth

kEBZeth Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kEBZ#2318
    Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -7
    The stuff you read here is crazy. '' I have played just a few games, here's what I think'' I was complete dogshit the first day it came out. So playing just a few games and bashing this great system isnt gonna cut it for you guys. It's like asking 5 year old kids how is the game of chess lol.. obviously they are going to say it sucks, because it is a hard game to be good at. It takes time, games played, understanding of the system.

The revamped Goalie system is the best we ever had. It's challenging to a lot of guys that were used to sitting back in the crease, and are now getting sniped and blaming it on the animations. Having to challenge the shooter, while calculating angles, is reallllly nice. Great job guys. The movement feels very good. Hugging posts, VH, coming off the posts, tracking the puck, veryyy nice. The movement in Butterfly is very good too. I love the behind the net motions. I feel confident not getting wrapped, and being able to save a quick pass in front and a shoot if we play it well and understand positioning, puck tracking, and animations. I love it. The quicker RS slides are now perfect in my opinion. In 20, the window you had to hit RS for a save was pretty thin. I feel that with added speed, the window is a tad bigger, and reaction time needed to make cross crease passes, or one timers, makes more sense than before. Great job on that! RS back can be very useful in different scenarios and I am very happy its replacing paddle down, a completely non useful move.

mY gOaLiE iS sLiDiNg aLl OvEr tHe PlAce... no, learn the position. The Goalie skill gap is bigger now due to deeper controls. I keep reading negative stuff in this thread, people are blaming the new system, while in reality its their lack of understanding the new system and mostly, their mispositioning (yes i know, theres two animations that need work, ill get to that). Im glad our gamechangers got a head on their shoulder and wont ruin the system reading all these comments. I read a lot of '' X thing needs to be fixed '' Like what does that even mean. If you want something to '' be fixed '' please express yourself with words. Bring solutions, bring ideas, give examples of what you are trying to say. Saying '' needs to be fixed '' is just as dumb as saying nothing and complaining when the game comes out. Imagine having just a couple games played and just bashing on the new system. Its not as easy as it was in 20. It takes time, games played, adjustment, adaptation. I have the most games played as a Goalie in the Technical Test, and finished #1 on the Leaderboards. This stuff is not just coming out of my hat. I wanna help make this new system efficient, and enjoyable for everybody, for all skill classes. We need to be constructive, help out eachother, too many guys come on here to litteraly spit on the guys who made this possible.

You guys really did a good job overall. Of course the whole point of the Technical Test is to figure out what needs to be tweaked here and there, and in my opinion, there is not alot of things that need to be ''fixed''. Theres the 5-hole animation, where your goalie jumps back, in butterfly, and on of his leg seems to be flying backwards in the net. It happens too often, at moments it has no purpose happening. The second one is where he throws his blocker out, when really the shot isnt exactly there. Again, i think it happens a bit too often, and it seems like it comes out too early, where it should come out a couple tenths of a seconds later. Another one is, lets say the puck's at 12, and a quick pass is made at 3, you have time to move over, and while a LOW shot is taken, the goalie drops in butterfly, stretches his pad out, but the pad goes in the net, even tho you had time to move right and out of the middle of the net,so the puck bounces on it and it trickles in the net. I feel like the angle of the leg stretch needs to be a bit wider.

ONE THING that would be really great, more realistic, and help the gameplay alot, is being able to ''one touch'' the puck. Not as fast as a skater obviously, because we got a glove, a blocker and a huge stick, but quicker than it is right now and has always been. inb4 dOnT cOmE oUt tO pLaY tHe pUcK, sImPlE. No, it doesnt work like that. We have all seen it, some love it, some hate it, but despise your position on the Omaha play, it happens, it wins you games, it loses you games, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I come out to play the puck A LOT. Anyone who's played with me knows. Yes sometimes ill get caught, most of the time I am saving my self a breakaway, and preventing the other team of touching the puck first behind my net, or whatever the scenario. The time it takes for a Goalie to pass the puck to a teamate is too long. If the play is tight, I will get pokechecked or taken the puck away from me, while in reality, the goalie couldve one touched it to an open teamate, or bank it off the boards. The time between receiving the puck --- being able to get rid of it, is too long. It needs to be shortened, or integrate a chop button, or something, we need to have a better options for breaking plays than grabbing the puck and waiting almost a full second before being able to pass it. That would be game changing, and it would add a whole other level in the goalie skill gap.

Other than that, in my opinion, the new system feels reaallllyyy good! Its challenging, you gotta use different tools at different, precise timings, and I feel like its the best we ever had. Having a larger skill gap feels good this year. I am super excited to see what tweaks are going to be made, and really pumped to be saving pucks again in NHL21 !

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. REDBEARDx20

REDBEARDx20 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    redbeardx20#0
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, I think it sucked. The goalie was way to fast in butterfly. Froze when a shot was taken. And you’re forced to use the RS even when you’re sitting in front of the shooter so it doesn’t go through you. And it was pretty cool when the goalie would force a blocker save animation for glove side shots.

• Useful Useful x 1
    REDBEARDx20
  13. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    This is bc the goalie doesn't even face the play/puck anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    icallsowhat55
  14. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    I really want an "auto sweep" so when players pass the puck through the crease for backdoor one timers the goalie uses the stick to deflect it away.

As far as a new camera I want something pulled back like fixed but lower like high, and swivels to follow the puck. Also not camera relative controls.

cup4bluesNHL
  15. o S m i i t t y

o S m i i t t y Oh yea you like that

Discord:
    o S m i i t t y#5303
    Ratings:
    +213 / 10 / -14
    Don’t listen to half these guys leave goalie how it is and just fix couple of the animations!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. agrigs26

agrigs26 NCAA Commissioner

Discord:
    agrigs26#0
    Ratings:
    +348 / 15 / -51
    Pros
    The animations were less frequent where you were left hanging while trying to recover to get back into position.
    The right stick was more effective and seemed to actually work when you hit it opposed to not getting a movement by goalie as 20 did more often than not.
    I love the goalie positioning this yr and how the goalie opposed to keep glove down will have it up while in butterfly.

Cons
    One timers are over powered multiple occasions i was beat while in position. Not sure if it would tweak goalie or adjust settings for shots. But the same shots were saves in 20.
    Rs needs tweaking 1st game played I ended up outside my net on a rs hit due to it being very sensitive.
    The rs down is no longer cover the 5gole got beat a few times there im sure it is ther eif not have an option of being able to set up desperation saves etc. Kinda like the system from nba2k u make your own animations to fit your game play.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    agrigley
  17. Hawkschamp2010

Hawkschamp2010 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Hawkschamp2010#3754
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Goalies seem to move more smoothly for me, i always seemed to over compensate my angles due to the goalies gliding better. One T's still OP but that's normal, could use more desperation animations cause the rebounds always seem to heavily bounce away and to an open play who easily puts it home and more desperation animations could help with that since the same diving ones never seems to work.

Hawkschamp2010
  18. DaKrAzYkId

DaKrAzYkId Internet Hockey Guy

Discord:
    DaKrAzYkId#1464
    Ratings:
    +44 / 5 / -5
    I will say this, I love where goalie is going. At first I thought it was complete shit, but unlocking different boost and specialties helped it out. The blocker animations need to be fixed though without a doubt. The reaction timing can speed up for sure cause I feel like im in perfect position and the puck is going right through me. Overall goalies have improved but these are some of the things that need to be tweaked for it to be great.

DaKrAzYkId
  19. ItszISSUES-_-

ItszISSUES-_- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 4 / -40
    EASHL/OTP

Right stick is awesome for goalies! Change nothing about it. it allows goalies to have the arcade level that EA has been trying to balance out . 50/50 arcade and simulation. We always ask what EA is trying to make a simulation or an arcade hockey game and the answer is always both. so Right stick allows goalies to be the arcade. and if you really want to add a bit more of a simulation make it so their is an actual energy bar so when you use the RS the goalie will lose energy. That way your team D does not have to rely on youR to save EVERY SINGLE cROSS cREASE.

Defenders need more awareness to stop the passes. Playing D as a whole.

CPU get's beat if you just straight line. bump up the difficulty level in EASHL and OTP for the computers

SaltyBoxGaming
  20. Whoazilla

Whoazilla Well-Known Member

Discord:
    whoazilla (G)#6593
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Most of the feedback I noticed, has already been discussed so something new would be not to exclude goalies from new content, like the skaters sliders, I'd like to see the same for goalie stances.

whoazilla