* New * NHL21 EASHL Gameplay Changes/Updates

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Manning x 76

Manning x 76 Halifornia

Ratings:
    +394 / 10 / -24
    100% agree

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    I was reading everything and yes some of your posts were in my opinion, dumb takes. Nothing wrong with having an opinion, everyone is entitled to one. However a lot of things were wrong with your responses (in the sense theyre literally not true or in the game which spreads bad info and gives us bad feedback and is why the game from beta to release is often different) which were why I rated them, dumb.

- this thread lists all the changes made you just had to read
    - agility wasnt touched on dmen
    - speed wasnt touched on fwds
    - every fwd isnt 5'7
    - non small builds are effective on fwd and D
    - standing at center ice waiting like you said, is probably the worst thing you can do
    - if fwds can straight line wide on you, your gap is bad, close it off
    - if they can straight line by you in the middle, thats on you, poke, lift, step for a hit hell you even still get some incidental on those
    - hitting is 10xs better than 20, especially bc players are going a bit smaller for the most part even on C and D on top of wing so you can even hit with smaller builds. Im not sure why you cant hit and Twf on D isnt a good option

Here is a video for you, hope it helps and you make the proper adjustments for 6s bc youre a good up and coming player who should be able to adjust, might just be taking you longer than most of the top guys who were able to adjust in 2 nights

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  3. Hoozus

Hoozus -

Ratings:
    +481 / 31 / -50
    The only thing I would potentially tweak is the defensemen recovery time; not by a lot, but I feel for some defensemen who get thrown into a pick-up animation.(especially in the new chip deke where the puck is essentially a 50/50 on the half boards).

For Fwds I would say keep everything the same. LT was def a nice Meta/tool in 19 and 20, but I really liked the LT/L2 Nerf. Say what you want about it taking away from the “Skill gap”, but realistically everyone knows LT was an exploit turned into a necessity to an extent; when its intentions were never that. Lastly, for all the people that firmly believe LT was a skill gap; how is it fair to spam LT or LT+RB to obtain a speed burst on top of most players in 20 being thicc with 4 Cs (LOL).

Not sure if people want consistency or people want just want arcade style gameplay. Once again this is just my opinion on the gameplay, and I was a very frequent user of LT, but I thoroughly enjoyed the beta playing both fwd and defenseman.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Bruins37

Bruins37 CHL Shitter | $0 Player

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    I appreciate your condescending tone but you literally just said in a previous post that "The accel out of a pivot backwards" was changed/slowed down which is literally my entire point which you are proving for me.

Hitting is "better" in the sense that any build can do it, meaning that size, strength/body checking attributes and physicality traits are literally useless - this to me just signifies a bad engine and not hitting being "better" at all.

I'm not a top player and never will be but of course I'll adjust to whatever engine changes there are, we're literally inundated with requests directly from LG to provide feedback but if we say anything other than "wow game is perfect" you throw a little hissy fit so what is the point in providing feedback at all? You are obviously set in your ways about how you're going to advocate for the game to be so I guess the joke is on me for taking time to provide feedback when you / EA really don't give a shit anyway which is honestly what I should have already known.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. ShaunaIdinho

ShaunaIdinho Well-Known Member

Discord:
    shaunaldinho#0
    Ratings:
    +112 / 7 / -10
    game is so much fun, love the breakaway speed for forwards, defenceman actually have to poke or lift to get the puck back. don’t change a thing minus the few little bugs everyone has referred to. (screen tear, loops, head on ice, etc.) Overall a great game, holding high hopes EA doesn’t drop the ball on this one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    ShaunaIdinho
  6. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    The agility isn't an issue on defense. I would like more agility on the offensive side of things. Being able to change direction quickly at low speeds to weave through defenders essentially

No Streaming Account
  7. Toeffoli

Toeffoli Well-Known Member

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Don’t matter probably some where out west
    Ratings:
    +596 / 24 / -69
    @SweetLou9208 i will stand up for the defense in the fact that puck interceptions (on ps4) seem very rare to an extent. I saw a lot of forces that just went right through. Besides that the game felt pretty good

AnthonyLive
  8. Toeffoli

Toeffoli Well-Known Member

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Don’t matter probably some where out west
    Ratings:
    +596 / 24 / -69
    The L2 in forwards felt good it wasn’t some over powered move.

AnthonyLive
  9. trevwings

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    I mean every forward is playing 5'7 164 and I would hope that giant ass ogres on D would get burned by them...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Bruins37

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    EA: Please provide feedback

Me: ok, here's some feedback

EA: Wow you dumb stupid moron you're such an idiot the game is 100% perfect you dumb idiot

Me: ok thanks

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    You're right on the cusp of understanding the point I was trying to make...

If you feel like you need to use a 5'10 174lb PMD to defend against the build that "every forward" is using, then don't you think there is something flawed? In 20 you could at least use a 6'0-6'1 TWD or Grinder to defend against the tiny builds, and those aren't giant ass ogre builds. There were more options.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. recyclebinhero

recyclebinhero Well-Known Member

Discord:
    RecyclebinHero#6163
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -3
    Does the rink seem bigger to anyone else? Everyone just seems smaller and I looked at builds before the games and there was enough variety. It seems like we’re on an international rink and there’s more room. Am I crazy?

Recyclebinhero
  13. trevwings

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    no. big builds should suck ass against small builds always.

No Streaming Account
  14. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Yes you dont accel at top speed like previous years aka flat footed, agility was not touched, nor was speed aka top end speed. So you cannot catch up if youre flat footed or get beat wide. Nowhere in that statement was your point proved

No hitting every build cant hit. Strength, bodycheck are very meaningfull. You just cried hitting doesnt work but said every build can hit. Every build cannot hit but the meta has more smaller builds on the ice so they are able to be hit by big and small. Big builds kill the small builds when they hit and medium builds are actually useful for once.

Also wrong, we want your feedback but if you give feedback youre going to get it explained to you why its happening or could be that way and how to adjust to help you. Instead you got defensive and made excuses when people are just trying to help you or have different opinions and are telling you why yours could be wrong with facts, wrong in they nust disagree or bad for the game in the changes you want might change the game from beta to release bc you didnt adjust but rather demanded a change to "help you not be as bad" (not you just most people who complain when something isnt good for them)

Bugs and broken things are legitimate excuses. The rest is just adjusting to the new gameplay style or something you dont like about the game which again is fine but doesnt mean its wrong. The speed wide and flat footed is there for a reason to create speed separation and allow for skaters to pull away from poorly gapped defenders compared to years past where defensive teams have unrealistically been able to be bailed out for poor gapping or catch up to guys after getting beat for bad positioning

• Winner Winner x 4
    SweeT9LoU84
  15. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    A 6'0 200lb build isn't big though, that's average for defensemen.

No Streaming Account
  16. NUTZnBERGERS

NUTZnBERGERS Well-Known Member

Discord:
    NUTZnBERGERS#3185
    Ratings:
    +201 / 8 / -19
    I feel like the issues isn't speed/agility, in regards to Dmen defending the ultra small builds while using bigger ones, but the cons of choosing a small build just isn't there.

The reason you choose a big build is to be able to get bumps or hits on everyone if you get near a player and also to have a longer reach in terms of poking/ pickups. Your cons of using that build is sacrificing the speed/agility you have which we all can agree is a huge part of this game, and real life. Those trade offs balance the build out.

The reason you choose a small build is to have all that speed/agility to be as creative and dangerous you can be off a rush, and to make the defense respect your speed, or else the risk being blown by. That is fine how it is imo, because its fair up until this point. The problem lies in the cons of a small build, where i really don't think there is one. Small builds should be very easy to knock over on most occasions. Instead of the Dman making a good read and going for the hit to gain possession, most times the forward will just absorb the bump (which should slow them down or knock them down, but doesn't) and pick up the puck on the other side.

A 5'7 160-170something build, should not be coming out with the puck 9/10 times if hes been hit, but he is. If he blows by cleanly then fair play, thats the Dman's fault. But the cons of a small build just don't balance the pros out at all imo.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    NUTZnBERGERS
  17. Burnsy x 95

Burnsy x 95 Pees in the shower

Discord:
    Burnsy#1428
    Ratings:
    +528 / 7 / -14
    Gonna be a long post, hope that's fine with you guys.

Overall, I really enjoyed the beta. I love how speed matters and how you're forced to play team oriented, this is a really good thing for competitive EASHL. Big builds are not blatantly better than smaller builds which is great for EASHL and absolutely amazing for HUT/Vs.

The new dekes and LT nerf adds a bit more skill gap for forwards, and defense is way harder to play this year which I actually really like considering the huge nerf to LTs. You absolutely need to be good with gap control and timing your pokes/stepping up for hits at the perfect time, this oozes skill gap for defensemen which is awesome.

Force passes do still seem a bit too easy to do, but I absolutely love how you can't intercept a pass while your back is turned to the puck. That was super annoying and unrealistic in NHL 20.

Shots can feel weak at times but I think I like it considering how much you need to overcommit to one side as a goalie. Goalie seems way more smooth overall animation wise especially going from reverse VH post to post, but a lot of the animations to save/deflect shots actually help the shot to go in the net instead of the opposite. Goalie will also have a lot of skill gap this year.

Assuming they don't make any huge changes going from the beta to the real game, this year's game will be very fast paced and team defense based. It should be more obvious who the top defensemen and goalies are, and forwards with high iq will be able to score in ways others have a hard time scoring. Very excited for the game to drop, I'll be grinding it to hopefully be a top player in the game and I hope that they keep it relatively the same as it was in the beta after fixes bugs of course.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Burnsyx95
  18. Bruins37

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    If these changes help lessen the effectiveness of 5 ogres lining up and creating an impenetrable barrier on the blue line, then I'm all for it. Still, I'm providing feedback that many others have echoed as well so for you to just instantly dismiss it as "dumb" and "wrong" just shows that you/EA never had any real intent to improve the game anyway, might as well just be honest and admint it.

No Streaming Account
  19. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406

Nothing was changed with pass interceptions from nhl20

The reasons for this happening are

1.) fwds (especially Cs) gave been goong slightly smaller, less reach

2.) def same thing

3.) defending fws have been using play/snp/dangler, less defensive awareness

4.) opposing fwds have been using more play/snp/dng higher offensive awareness and passing (more likelihood of pass getting through with those ratings higher)

5.) incidental was slightly changed so less unintentional contact breaking up passes

6.) best way is to increase it a lottle but then it will probably be very bad like early 20 where people pick everything which leads to more collpasing on D and more trapping OR adjust and play the puck carrier and player the receiver or if youre in between, poke Like on old gen rather than position and press no button and hope for an intercept as poking is now more effective

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  20. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Its the same size, would love an actual international option though

• Like Like x 1
    SweeT9LoU84