S37 Management Grades , with Roubi

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by SmiTTy x 12, Oct 22, 2020.

1. SmiTTy x 12

SmiTTy x 12 “Officially UnRetired”

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    Title says it all, thank you @Roubidoo for all the help with putting this together and getting some media out there for the AHL! This is strictly a grade over the past 3 seasons, (NHL 20) for confirmed management.

Smitty's Grade's / Roubidoo's Grade's

East Atlantic

[​IMG] Bridgeport Sound Tigers
    GM: Manship x 91
    AGM: Giroux
    AGM: N/A

Thumb Skill Grade: B, B

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Giroux only has one season in the past 3 which was fairly average, Manship's have been up and down. C, C-

Overall Management Team Grade:
    This one could be a team that sneaks into the playoffs but there is also a pretty good chance this team could struggle most of the season. C+, C+

[​IMG] Charlotte Checkers
    GM: Pogyz
    AGM: HateCreation95
    AGM: Thibodeau I98I

Thumb Skill Grade: Outside of HateCreation not alot of experience past the CHL here. C , C-

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): D , C-

Overall Management Team Grade: Chances are this will be a rough season for Charlotte. D+ , D

[​IMG] Hartford Wolf Pack
    GM: Berube x 9
    AGM: Clutch l28l

Thumb Skill Grade: Berube is one of the best free contracts in the AHL this season. Clutch seems to be moving back to center after getting coned too many times over the past 3 seasons. A , A

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): A , A+

Overall Management Team Grade: Between success in the AHL as management, and success in the NHL for Tsunami as a player this team should be one of the top teams in the AHL. A , A+

[​IMG] Hershey Bears
    GM: BLISDON
    AGM: The Skoden
    AGM: ChiSouthSiderr

Thumb Skill Grade: Free contracts are great, game 7 D-pair together. B , B+

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): For the sake of not skewing things I'm going to leave this just to the free contracts. Both have been consistent NHL d men who have put together respectable seasons. B+ , A-

Overall Management Team Grade: I'd imagine Chi will be doing most of the work here and I'm not really sure how it will go. He's starting with a solid foundation with Blisdon and Skoden though. B , B+

[​IMG] Lehigh Valley Phantoms
    GM: SmiTTy x 12
    AGM: Studz x 7
    AGM: GRITTY 16

Thumb Skill Grade: B+ , B+

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Ontario had a rough end to the season last season to drop out of a playoff spot. However, Hershey put together a solid regular season under Studz. B , B

Overall Management Team Grade: Alot of great returning pieces with a solid foundation of returning assets and draft picks. A lot of this season in my opinion will be dependent on how often Studz can play. B+ , B

[​IMG] Providence Bruins
    GM: RiCo505
    AGM: Best in Ottawa
    AGM: Moisty Poods

Thumb Skill Grade: Two of the better free contracts in the AHL. Ottawa is a legit top end defensemen, and RiCo505 is a legit top end center with most of his line coming back. B+ , A

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Providence was a very strong team last season. Ottawa's Condor's led by team captain and team chemistry guru Malchesky struggled in the playoffs but did make it. All 3 however have had pretty much only good seasons the last 3 seasons. A , A-

Overall Management Team Grade: A+, A+

[​IMG] Springfield Thunderbirds
    GM: RAWB3234
    AGM: honesrule
    AGM: At43

Thumb Skill Grade: This trio could surprise me but in terms of individual skill i'm not completely educated on these 3 and based off of past seasons this doesn't look too pretty. C- , D

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): NHL 20 was not kind to this trio to say the least. D-, F+?

Overall Management Team Grade: I really don't see things going too well for this group. Gonna remind everyone of the Poopie snoopie days in Springfield. D, D

[​IMG] Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins
    GM: Kapitanov x 91
    AGM: P3P1N x 89

Thumb Skill Grade: Pepin had a pretty rough go on NHL 20 which I don't think was completely his fault more or less due to unfortunate landing spots. Kapitanov has been a goalie, I know nothing about him as a skater. D , C-

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): D , D

Overall Management Team Grade: This is another team where things could go south quickly. However, I'll reserve hope for this group as Kapi could be the wild card if he's a good skater. D, D+

East North

[​IMG] Belleville Senators

GM: l1l Sharp l0l
    AGM: Lebang 58
    AGM: MiDi l97l

Thumb Skill Grade: Great free contracts with past success as well as a solid paid AGM on a good contract. A, A

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Sharp's Gull's have for the most part been at the top of the food chain in the AHL the past two seasons. It will be interesting to see if the brand switch effects the play at all. A, A

Overall Management Team Grade: This team should be a contender in most people's opinions. The only thing that could derail this team is the battle for the Broomcup. A , A

[​IMG] Binghamton Devils
    GM: Roubidoo
    AGM: El Donn Juan

Thumb Skill Grade: Were good but Donn has high brain ping. B+ , A-

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20):pretty strong success between the NHL, AHL and ESHL levels in NHL 20. A , A

Overall Management Team Grade: Team is set up for a very good run this season. A lot of returning assets and draft picks. Donley's brain is a major downgrade from the brainpower of Tertle though. B+ , A

[​IMG] Cleveland Monsters
    GM: I Kessel x 81 l
    AGM: Tolerant
    AGM: Travy xX

Thumb Skill Grade: I believe most of these guys are higher end 3's guys from NHL 20. I'm not 100% sure if it has translated well over to 6's or not as i don't have much experience with these guys as players. In general most 3's guys have pretty good thumb skill though. B , B+

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Kessel had a pretty rough NHL season last season but outside of this most of the guys have had fairly good success at the AHL level. B-, B

Overall Management Team Grade: To me this team is a complete wildcard. Most of them have pretty decent knowledge of the 3's player base and do grind the game quite a bit. At the beginning of a new game cycle this could put them ahead. B, B

[​IMG] Laval Rocket
    GM: lCR0SSCHECKl
    AGM: xl NiTeOwL lx

Thumb Skill Grade: Crosscheck did have a good mem cup run with GRG a couple of seasons ago. However, I don't know if he's playing goalie or defense. Owl has had success at this level as a d man, however he's on forward now. On the other hand, Crosscheck seemingly always finds a way to burn the bridges in the past lets see how this effects his season running a team. C , D+

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Crosscheck's mem cup run is significantly boosting this evaluation. D+ , C-

Overall Management Team Grade: I don't know much about their recent management experience, from the outside looking in this may be an uphill battle though. D, D+

[​IMG] Rochester Americans
    GM: Draward x 97
    AGM: killamilla6
    AGM: l2 O M B O

Thumb Skill Grade: Killa was a great pickup for Draward. Haven't played with killa since s33 but he was a very solid defensemen then. B- , B-

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): B, Draward really proved a lot of people that he could build a fairly competitive team last season. Killa has also been building the Everett Brand the past couple of seasons. B , B-

Overall Management Team Grade: This team could be a polarizing team in terms of where people would rank them to be. However, I'd be willing to believe that this team builds on the roll they ended the season on last season and puts together a quality squad. B- , B

[​IMG] Syracuse Crunch
    GM: xDemon12x
    AGM: xLTD23x

Thumb Skill Grade: Demon and LTD in their own right are both solid players. If they're worth the free contract or not could be up in the air, but I still reserve the opinion that they're both solid players. C , C

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Pretty middling seasons for both of them the past 3 seasons. Not sure if it's due to the environments they were in or their own doing. C- , C-

Overall Management Team Grade: I don't know about either's past management experience. But I do know they have a complete uphill battle given the cards they were dealt for returning assets. If this team wants a shot at a successful season they're going to have to have a fantastic bidding. D+, C-

[​IMG] Toronto Marlies
    GM: Broomball16
    AGM: Jelly x 35
    AGM: FerDaHD

Thumb Skill Grade: Broomball is the best goal scorer in the game hand down. You give that guy the puck in the slot and you can gaurantee he wont try to make the pretty play of making the extra pass. This guy has pressing up in his DNA. An absolute menace on the ice for opposing goalies and d men. B, B-
    Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): The Murlie brand is pretty solid. Broom always builds a competitive team. I would be shocked if this team wasn't a playoff team. B , B

Overall Management Team Grade: Broomball is pretty much the Lombardi of the LGAHL, I don't know what else I can say here. B , B+

[​IMG] Utica Comets
    GM: tranqzz
    AGM: vMvtt

Thumb Skill Grade: Tranqzz and vMvtt on their own are both pretty skilled players. B , B+

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): This is heavily influenced by both teams being pretty much seen as sure fire playoff teams last season and both missing. C+ , C

Overall Management Team Grade: I highly respect that Tranqzz is sticking this out and not eating the ban after his partner in crime Zinc was not allowed to take management. But both managers having a rough season last season in terms of what was expected is a little tough to overlook when grading. C+, C+

West Central

[​IMG] Chicago Wolves
    GM: l SaIty I
    AGM: DeIosh

Thumb Skill Grade: It's hard to judge thumb skill for defensemen as sometimes the simple play is the smarter one. However, individually both these guys have had a pretty good track record of being higher end defensemen in the AHL over the past however many seasons. A , B+

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Delosh had a rough season last season but they won the cup anyways so it's pretty easy to overlook. B , B+

Overall Management Team Grade: ALOT of management experience here. Both are pretty good players in their own right as well. B+ , B+

[​IMG] Colorado Eagles
    GM: Smitterr
    AGM: MingesaurusRex
    AGM: Meestah Don

Thumb Skill Grade: I generally don't know all too much about these guys individually as players, however I do know that all 3 have been successful in the past. B, B-

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20):Smitter has been continually putting together solid seasons. However as a group these guys seem to be guys that have had more success in the past as opposed to recently. B- , C+

Overall Management Team Grade:In terms of management they know what they're doing. I think the question is how NHL 21 will treat most of these guys. B , B-

[​IMG] Grand Rapids Griffins
    GM: CalderCubs14
    AGM: MetalGhost0

Thumb Skill Grade: Cute thumbs. B , B+

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Cubs has won a Calder in the past couple of seasons as the GM of GRG, last season they also made a pretty solid team as a whole. B+ , A

Overall Management Team Grade: A lot of this will come down to how the GRG brand does without Darcy for the first time in a couple of seasons. Definitely a team that should be interesting to watch could go either way here. A- , A-

[​IMG] Iowa Wild
    GM: Colonel20
    AGM: REX9277

Thumb Skill Grade: After a couple of successful seasons as a forward Colonel is going back to his primary position of defense where he is well worth the free contract. Rex on the other hand is transitioning from his primary position of defense to forward. B- , B

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): While both Colonel and Rex haven't really had outstanding seasons as of late, neither have really had bad seasons between the NHL and AHL levels in the past 3 seasons. B+ , A-

Overall Management Team Grade: Alot of experience here. The real wildcard is how Rex can transition as a forward at this level in the new game. B+ , B+

[​IMG] Manitoba Moose
    GM: Neil x 25
    AGM: x88x Kane
    AGM: kdevv

Thumb Skill Grade: Both are higher end defensemen in the AHL. B+, A

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): This is pretty weighted by the lack of NHL success which to be honest isn't really either of their faults as they didn't really end up in great situations. B+ , B+

Overall Management Team Grade: I'm not completely sure who is going to be pulling most of the weight in the management duties of the team as both are pretty heavy wildcards. B+ , B+

[​IMG] Milwaukee Admirals
    GM: Packer98
    AGM: Wooly x 33

Thumb Skill Grade: I'm not too familiar with Packer. A lot of people were surprised to see Wooly's PiC Chicago Liights fall through to AHL bidding though as both were pretty successful at the NHL level for multiple seasons. B , B+

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): B- , B

Overall Management Team Grade: This team could go be a sleeper to make a run. Due to unfamiliarity though I could be way off base with this one. B- , B

[​IMG] Rockford IceHogs
    GM: lVlaT
    AGM: Josh55777
    AGM: v FrosTiC

Thumb Skill Grade: Josh in himself a very good free contract at the AHL level. Mat i'm fairly unfamiliar with though. B , B

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Both had pretty solid seasons in NHL 20 although s35 looked like more of an anomaly. B, B+

Overall Management Team Grade: This management group is pretty much last seasons Hartford Wolfpack with the subtraction of tryggered and the adittion of Mat who built a very solid team top to bottom. B, B+

[​IMG] Texas Stars
    GM: YoungBuffalo88
    AGM: Big Wet May
    AGM:

Thumb Skill Grade: Both players for the most part are out of their primary position with Buffalo normally being a Center and May primarily a Goalie. This one may fall under the category of too early to tell. C , C-

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Out of position but nonetheless pretty pedestrian for both. C-, C

Overall Management Team Grade: I'm not sure if either has really had any management success or experience in the past. In general I don't know if things will go great for this group. D, C-

West Pacific

[​IMG] Bakersfield Condors
    GM: Drover2
    AGM: Jordo x 14
    AGM: No Kapanen

Thumb Skill Grade: Again Im disregarding the presumably do everything PAGM here. But in terms of skill both have very recently been pretty successful NHL players. B+ , A-

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Few rough patches overall. But in general I'm fairly familiar with both players and most of it wasn't by their own fault. B, B+

Overall Management Team Grade: I'd imagine Kapanen will be doing most of the heavily lifting in terms of management duties. However, these are some of the better free contracts in the AHL and this could for the most part override the lack of management in itself experience. B , B

[​IMG] Henderson Silver Knights
    GM: Reynoldsx24
    AGM: RY0NN

Thumb Skill Grade: Both Ryonn and Reynolds are very solid AHL level players with pretty good chem. B , B+
    Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Ryonn has been a key cog on highly competitive teams throughout the AHL and CHL levels the past couple of seasons. Reynolds had a solid season season on a pretty middling team in the NHL last season as well. B+ , B+

Overall Management Team Grade: These guys have enough connections as well as a good amount of skill between them to build and lead a pretty good team going forward. I'd expect this team to be pretty competitive. B+ , A-

[​IMG] Ontario Reign
    GM: Playhboi
    AGM: Carlson74x
    Thumb Skill Grade: Very unfamiliar with Carlson. With playboy it's going to depend on whether or not he's engaged in playing NHL or not. C- , C-

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Nothing really stands out too much here. D- , C

Overall Management Team Grade: I don't know Carlson too well. But i have heard rumblings that Playboi wasn't going to end up managing this season. Right now is the time when teams are being built by management groups on paper. This is not a good sign for Ontario going forward. D- , F+

[​IMG] Palm Springs Firebirds
    GM: MBell91
    AGM: Suzuki I14I

Thumb Skill Grade: Both Suzuki and Mbell are good players in their own right. B+, B

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Alot of individual success here in terms of posting together consecutive good seasons. I'm not sure if either made too much of a playoff run or not though. B , B

Overall Management Team Grade: This team should easily be competitive enough to fight for a wildcard or divisional playoff spot. Would be pretty shocked to see them fall off although it looks like neither has much playoff experience in 20. B , B

[​IMG] San Diego Gulls
    GM: Boogie x6
    AGM: PigsOnJupiter

Thumb Skill Grade: Both players are pretty good 1st line AHLers. A, A-

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): Boogie has gotten held back quite a bit by a high contract the past couple of seasons and ending up on rough squads but for the most part has stuck it out pretty well. B+ , B+

Overall Management Team Grade: For the most part every team Boogie has touched in management from my recollection has been built well and primed for a playoff run. This team shouldn't be much different as Pigs is a solid free contract. A, A

[​IMG] San Jose Barracuda
    GM: McQxade
    AGM: Jumps x 42

Thumb Skill Grade: Jumps has unbelievable thumbs, just alot of the time tries to do too much with it although this has been getting better over the past couple of seasons. B, B?

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): After being a perennial 9 win - 25 Nhler Jumps jumped down to the AHL last season and had a very successful season. However, due to him needing his GM to carry him to win a game in the playoffs, due to unforseen circumstances he wasn't able to complete his playoff run. McQuade looked to only have played one season in NHL 20 and it was fairly average. B, B-

Overall Management Team Grade: If Jumps is winning or playing with friends he should be fine. Good chance if neither of them happens he blows up and leaves the team discord 40 times throughout the season. Mcquade built a playoff team last season so hopefully he can keep his AGM in check who happens to be a very loose cannon. B- , B-

[​IMG] Stockton Heat
    GM: Hayes x 13
    AGM: Too Much Twoco
    AGM: An AngryFawn

Thumb Skill Grade:I'm not too familiar with Hayes as a player, it looks like he's had some ups and downs in the past couple of seasons. However, Twoco was a great choice as a free contract as he has put together a few really solid NHL seasons as of late. B, B+

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): This is pretty weighted by Twoco's good track record in 20 in the NHL. This is not a knock on Hayes either as he's put together some pretty solid AHL seasons as of late. B+, A-

Overall Management Team Grade: I know nothing about these guys as managers whatsoever. I do know both are worthy of a free contract though. B, B

[​IMG] Tucson Roadrunners
    GM: jarrettszn
    AGM: Jaguarknight_
    AGM: DangIe Nation

Thumb Skill Grade: I'm not extremely familiar with Jaguar but Jarrett and Dangle are both very good players. If you don't believe them Dangle will challenge you to a 1v1 cash game to prove it. B, B+

Past 3 season Success Grade (NHL 20): I'm not too familiar with the psn side and Jarrett and Jaguar seem to be more involved on the PSN side as opposed to the xbox side. C+, B?

Overall Management Team Grade: This team is a wildcard dependent on the schedule changes for this season. Both managers on free contracts are primarily PSN guys so it will be interesting to see how playing on both consoles and managing goes. B, B

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like x 26
    • Winner x 14
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    SmittyTV
  2. Mr Orock

Mr Orock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 19 / -47
    Nice writeup

• Like Like x 1
    wedunkthose
  3. Jenk

Jenk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +253 / 18 / -35
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. vGrxmpy

vGrxmpy Retired Offensive Defenseman

Discord:
    vgrxmpy#0
    Ratings:
    +247 / 7 / -16
    god i love roubi

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Berube x 9

Berube x 9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    berubex9#0
    Ratings:
    +652 / 53 / -42
    finally some media love the good work boys

• Like Like x 2
    berubex9
  6. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    Awesome stuff. Really appreciate the content and hardwork put into it!

No Streaming Account
  7. Studz x 7

Studz x 7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 3 / -10
    Love the media. Thanks fellas.

My schedule is actually LG friendly this season :)

Good luck to all management and players this season <3

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  8. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    Good stuff thanks for the write up boys.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  9. x88x Kane

x88x Kane Warning Group

Ratings:
    +120 / 5 / -12
    Wildcard here Neil sucks. Go meese.
    Seriously tho great write up gentleman

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  10. Pope Dave ll

Pope Dave ll 113 IQ score

Discord:
    popedaveii#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 39 / -35
    #FreeZinc

• Winner Winner x 2
    popedavell
  11. El Donn Juan

El Donn Juan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eldonnjuan#0
    Ratings:
    +777 / 48 / -63
    High brain ping = bigger brain

rdonley7
  12. mikeychel

mikeychel Living legend

Discord:
    mikeychel#9499
    Ratings:
    +1,468 / 122 / -262
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Hoozus

Hoozus -

Ratings:
    +481 / 31 / -50
    Binhammertune Devils

No Streaming Account
  14. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Thank God I got low grades. Accomplishment for this season was already set by shitting on you in club.

• Funny Funny x 2
    cross_x_check
  15. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    @REX9277 can’t believe they are doubting your offensive skill like you aren’t a 4th forward on D anyways!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Planck x96

Planck x96 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    planckx96#0
    Ratings:
    +67 / 7 / -13
    Good Media!! More of this stuff is needed in the AHL particularly . I enjoy the fair and honest critiques that don't over-hype or degrade people (which is sometimes too frequent in other LG Media imo)

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. The Skoden

The Skoden Well-Known Member

Discord:
    The Skoden#1738
    Ratings:
    +121 / 10 / -19
    I have no idea what I’m doing

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Jumps69

Jumps69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +451 / 48 / -89
    i do have unbelievable thumbs thank you!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    Jumpsss
  19. Trravvy

Trravvy The One and Only

Ratings:
    +157 / 15 / -52
    Great write up!!! Makes my ego huge

travy_xx
  20. Getzlaf

Getzlaf Breeding Heifers since 69

Discord:
    getzlaf#1515