Mike Scott's AHL Week 2 Winners, Losers and BUMS

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by MiikeScott, Nov 13, 2020.

1. mikeychel

mikeychel Living legend

Discord:
    mikeychel#9499
    Ratings:
    +1,468 / 122 / -262
    Holy fuck, still no media outside of Mike Scott and @Schwifty7....

[​IMG]

WINNERS

Wilkes-Barre Dunder Mifflin Penguins (7-2): After a 4-5 Week 1, this french ass team bounced back in style with a few dominant wins vs. some formidable foes - In a division littered with deep rosters, WBS put themselves back in the picture in the backpack of QC1, QC2 and QC Trois. A week with a +17 goal differential, Wilkes-Barre has seen the bulk of their production out of the Oulette-Timatin-GabFront line.

Toronto Marlies (8-1): Fucking Broomball man. Is setting the world on fire and is admiring his own work....

[​IMG]

Despite going 8-1, the Marlies goal differential on the week was only +11 with 6/9 of the games being only a 1 goal margin (5-1). You'd like to see a few more convincing wins out of a team with only one regulation loss, but hard to complain about the results. Toronto is 3rd in GD on the season and have allowed only 34 goals thru two weeks (there's a team with 100 goals allowed soo...). To no ones surprise, Broomball has the two loses for the Marlies - but as long as he doesn't drag them down too much, who the fook is going to stop them?

Belleville Senators (7-2): Atta boy Sharpy! Buzzville is back and rejoin the pack after a tumultuous week one. The Baby Sens don't fuck around with close ballgames, only participating in two 1 goal games (1-0-1) and have scored the most goals in the league (78) and have the second best goal diff. at +29. Sharp and co. put their loss to Magundis in the past and put up a 3-0 week including a 16 pt week for Sharp.

Hershey Bears (6-3): I'm sure sharp loves being lumped in next to Chisouth but here we are. After looking like shit in Week 1, the Bears collected 6 wins to put them 1 pt outside of the top 4 in their division. Blisdon and Chisouth's line ("""""""""the first line (LOL)"""""") continues there positive start to the season, ending the week with a 3-0 Tuesday. My worry lies within their allocation of wins and losses on the week. They were able to clean up against mediocre/bad teams, but struggled heavily against the good teams on the sked (Meese, Admirals, Eagles). Gotta start beating the big boys if you want to compete.

Utica Comets (5-3-1): After making a fool out of me in week one, Utica began to recover this week grabbing 11 points despite a shitty Sunday. Jhatch, Yetdi and Tranqz showed up, going 2-0-1 on Tuesday. I'm still concerned about the overall structure of this roster but I'm sure Matt and Tranqz will figure it out and avoid those 1-win weeks moving forward.

LOSERS

Binghamton Devils (5-4): I know it's a bit weird to put a team with a winning record in the 'Losers' column, but a lot of 'top of the crop' teams who struggled in Week 1 came back with some enthusiasm in Week 2 (Hershey, Belleville, etc). The other problem is that the majority of the success on the week was on Tuesday as pasta-dubligga-patsway-roubi and horty went 3-0, outscoring opponents 21-5 (granted, their opponents weren't great). The rest of the team went 2-4 and one of their wins was vs. a struggling Gulls line. If the Roubi line keeps carrying, they will be okay - but I'd like to see someone else step up.

Chicago Wolves (3-5-1): Yuck. The Wolves followed up their 7-2 start with a stinker. The 3 wins picked up by Delosh and Belial's squad were vs. teams at the bottom of the standings and a Hartford team who was terrible this week. They got pounded by Providence and struggled against a few other mediocre teams. They are one of two teams in the West Central with a negative GD despite sitting in a playoff spot The Wolves made a slew of trades, waives and call ups to spark the offense so hopefully the return to normal next week.

Henderson Silver Knights (2-6-1): Sound the alarms. Despite the season just beginning, this week was worrisome for HSK. I'll give them some credit, their schedule was relatively rough, but they were outscored this week by 20 goals and were embarrassed in most of their losses. Most alarming would be the Ryonn-Reynolds-Fly line going 0-2-1 to end the week. I have faith that this team can turn it around quick, but most playoff races are decided in the first half of the season prior to the trade deadline - get it together dummies.

BUMS

Hartford Wolf Packs (1-8): Holy fuck, what are we doing here Tsunami. I thought you dodged the NHL so that you could merk the AHL? It's really really hard to go 1-8 when your team has a collection of former/should be nhlers and top draft picks so I guess it was an impressive week in that aspect. Free contracts Berube and Clutch had 4 points each in Week 2 and have 21 points total (combined) to this point in the season. Broomball is outscoring you Rube, get it together. They matched fellow preseason favorites Henderson with a -20 goal differential on the week, winning their only by 1 goal in OT against another team that will be featured in 'BUMS'. I don't know what else to say, the division is too good for Rube to suck this bad.

Texas Stars (1-3-5): This team SUCKS in overtime. Ironically, their one win in OT this week was against the shitty Wolf Pack, serendipity. After going 5-4 in Week 1, it's hard to not feel for a team that played Week 3 already based on the amount of periods they played in Week 2. Maybe it's time to trade for some crunch time closers, no? Unlike some of the other current bottom dwellers, Texas only has a -11 goal differential so it's not as terrible as it may look. Although I think this team has the skill to turn things around, they are in a really tough division so best of luck to TexASS.

Ontario Reign (1-6-2): The OLDtario Reign lost like 40 managers this week, got looked off by Chis and had a second straight terrible week. It's hard not to gloat when the management team was so cocky in the chatbox. This team lost TWO TRIPLE OVERTIME games. They literally lost 4 times in two games. I don't know if that's worse than Texas' 5 OT losses. They added SurpriseMe who is good but isn't going to help this dumpster fire and they waived the other two pieces of that trade with Chicago. #FreeRecycalderBinHero

Til next week, Michael Scott

• Like Like x 16
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. jackD00P

jackD00P ‍♀️

Discord:
    jackD00P#5139
    Philthadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Ratings:
    +672 / 10 / -13
    Good write up as always. Question though, how does us losing in 3OT twice equal losing 4 times in 2 games? Wouldn’t be closer to us losing 2 times in 4 games?

Regardless, thank you for providing some much needed media!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    jackD00P
  3. Pope Dave ll

Pope Dave ll 113 IQ score

Discord:
    popedaveii#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 39 / -35
    #FreeZinc

popedavell
  4. ZiggyP5

ZiggyP5 Antidisestablishmentarianism

Discord:
    ZiggyP5#8560
    Ratings:
    +242 / 49 / -35
    No Streaming Account
  5. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Obviously he's just trying to confuse the old folks on Ontario :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    bossy_22_
  6. Mr Space Dad431

Mr Space Dad431 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mrspacedad#0
    Ratings:
    +257 / 8 / -7
    Comets were 5-2-2 mike

No Streaming Account
  7. Saucing Pucks

Saucing Pucks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +604 / 16 / -21
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. Jenk

Jenk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +253 / 18 / -35
    RIP Moist:sadegg:

No Streaming Account
  9. mashle93

mashle93 Canadas Finest Export. Platinum

Discord:
    Mashle9393#3115
    Ratings:
    +304 / 7 / -10
    Our cocky management isn't on the team anymore...ONTARIO REIGN - Under NEW Management. We still may lose a lot but we will do it and be much better members of society. hahaha

Thanks for the content as always. a fun read.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    mashle93
  10. Costin Games

Costin Games Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 6 / -13
    You saying WBS has no English people

• Like Like x 1
    xscheifelex
  11. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    That is what i was wondering. At worse it would be 2 ties and 2 losses in 4 games. I do not see the 4 losses in 2 games though

kipper86
  12. Wolf x I32I

Wolf x I32I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    needxsave69#0
    Ratings:
    +62 / 44 / -62
    Promanto and me are the best duo in the ahl simple

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    NeedXSave69