Please Vote! LGHL - Caps Gaming Schedule Solutions!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by GrizGoal, Dec 6, 2020.

?

Which option do you like the best?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2020.
  1. Option 1

10.0%
  2. Option 2

8.3%
  3. Option 3

8.3%
  4. Option 4

73.3%
  1. GrizGoal

GrizGoal Esports Commentary

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    Hey everyone, I apologize for the length of this post but for anyone who has seen my media in the past or follows the No Thumbs Podcast, you probably know how extra I am.

As you all know, there is a current scheduling conflict between LG and Caps Gaming. As it currently sits, Caps Gaming default time is Sunday's at 9PM. Caps Gaming has allowed flexibility for teams to reschedule games to Saturday or earlier in the day the Sunday. Even with the scheduling flexibility, if just one player out of the 12 that are playing in the game cannot find a common time to play, the game time will default to Sunday at 9PM. This is a direct conflict with LG leagues, with the LGHL games starting at 9PM on Sunday.

Caps Gaming and LG times conflicting on Sunday's creates a number of issues throughout the league. The way the leagues structure is set up, players who are competing in Caps Gaming will no longer have availability for Sunday's on LG. A majority of teams in LG do not have full esports lines. This creates a larger issue because even if one player is able to get their esports team to reschedule their Caps Gaming times, the other skaters on the line and one of the goalies would also have to have their games rescheduled for them to play their scheduled LG games on Sunday's.

For teams that have entire lines of players that are on different Caps Gaming teams, you are looking at a potential of 72 individual players that would have to agree on a rescheduled time in order for that line to play their LG games on Sunday. I get to the number 72 because if all 6 of your players on a line are playing on different Caps Gaming Teams, those 6 players would each need to agree to a time with the other 5 players on their team, as well as the 6 players on the opposing team. 12 total players would need to agree for each matchup, across 6 different potential matchups. This is worst case scenario and some lines likely have a couple guys on the same esports roster. However, it does highlight that even with reschedules and flexibilities, it is still unlikely for a team to be able to field a roster for LG games on Sunday with the current schedule.

Another major issue that arises from this is that not everyone who plays LG is 9/9 as it is. A good chunk of the community now plays LG on both consoles, putting their availability to 6/9 every week. Now with Sundays being taken out of the question for those playing Caps Gaming, those players become 3/9 and completely handicap a managers ability to set lines on a week to week basis. Other players play LG around their work schedule, or have other real life commitments that bring their avail down to 6/9 or 4/9, now have even worse avail if they are playing Caps Gaming.

Managers will now be faced with questions when it comes to scheduling. Do you just throw the third line out Sunday and say too bad you guys need to reschedule Caps Gaming or be ECU'd? What happens when a manager is faced with an entire team that is giving 6/9 availability on Monday/Tuesday, but has to schedule a line for Sunday? Will that manager be disciplined because they are scheduling players on Sunday that gave the minimum required availability, but gave no availability for Sunday? Without changes, management is going to face an absolute nightmare with scheduling. Players who are playing in Caps Gaming are now potentially have to be ECU'd on a weekly basis if scheduled on Sunday. It is a lose-lose situation for the league if they do not change their schedule.

LG and Esports can and should coexist. As many have stated in the forums and the shoutbox, you cannot simply move the Caps Gaming or Sharks schedules, they are the ones coming in with the sponsorship and laying the prize pool out. Their demands have to met if LG wants to host these large scale events. This now leans on the shoulders of @Tris10 and @LG McDonald to find a suitable solution for these leagues to coexist without conflict. Below you will find my proposed solutions:

Option 1: Add an early game Monday and Tuesday, add a Wednesday game
    Schedule:
    Monday: 8:20, 9:00, 9:40, 10:20
    Tuesday: 8:20, 9:00, 9:40, 10:20
    Wednesday: 8:00

Option 2: Add a late game Monday and Tuesday, add a Wednesday game
    Schedule:
    Monday: 9:00, 9:40, 10:20, 11:00
    Tuesday: 9:00, 9:40, 10:20, 11:00
    Wednesday 8:00

Option 3: Add early game to Monday, add early and late games to Tuesday
    Schedule:
    Monday: 8:20, 9:00, 9:40, 10:20
    Tuesday 8:20, 9:00, 9:40, 10:20, 11:00

Option 4: Move Sunday games back 2 hours
    Schedule:
    Sunday 7:00, 7:40, 8:20
    Monday 9:00, 9:40, 10:20
    Tuesday 9:00, 9:40, 10:20

While I believe it is always good to have a number of options to discuss, I also think that Option 4 is the best option for the league to pursue. Option 4 leaves the Sunday games in tact for LG, but simply moves them back 2 hours before the start of Caps Gaming. This option gives the league plenty of time to complete their Sunday games prior to the start of Caps Gaming each week. Due to the overwhelming amount of people playing Caps Gaming, most of the players will be motivated to get their games in without delay on Sunday, so players who want to run a warmup game before Caps Gaming will still have the time to do so.

This option will ease the burden on players and management alike, because now they will not be pressured into relying on Caps Gaming reschedules to field a roster on Sundays. Teams that want to can still reschedule their Caps Gaming matchups to Saturdays if they would like to, but they wouldn't need to just to be able to give availability for LG. This also allows players that rely on playing LG on Sundays to rest easy, knowing they can still compete in Caps Gaming while giving Sunday availability for LG if they have other commitments throughout the week that prevent them from giving availability on those days.

Keeping the Sunday games in tact will also help maintaining site traffic. Choosing one of the other options that takes away the Sunday games may disrupt the flow of traffic throughout the site, and as we found out in seasons past, this is not something that does not sit well for @Tris10. This option not only keeps management and players alike happy, but should also keep Tris happy as well.

The last positive for this option is that it allows freedom for Tris and Brodie to pursue other esports events for Wednesday/Thursday without running into another scheduling conflict, while also keeping part of Wednesday night available for any rescheduled LG games.

One negative to moving Sunday games back 2 hours is that some players that work later in the day or live on the west coast might not have availability for the earlier game times on Sunday. Even with this negative I believe the positives far outweigh this. Even if part of the league loses their Sunday availability due to game times being too early, a lot more players would now regain Sunday availability that they don't currently have due to Caps Gaming.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Grizgoal
  2. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    Option 4 just so I don't have to play LG games over 2 or 3 nights instead of 1 night.

No Streaming Account
  3. Burnsy x 95

Burnsy x 95 Pees in the shower

Discord:
    Burnsy#1428
    Ratings:
    +528 / 7 / -14
    Option 4 baby, please implement this ASAP as a **HUGE** portion of managers are having major avail issues currently with CapsGaming being the same time as LG. I'll take any of these over nothing being done 100%.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Burnsyx95
  4. sycch

sycch Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sycch#5242
    Ratings:
    +473 / 26 / -49
    Have 2 late games Sunday and add a late game either Monday or Tuesday, done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    gymfreakty
  5. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    No, don't change anything. People sign up with a certain schedule in mind, if you can't fulfill both commitments don't sign up. 3 games a night for 3 nights is the schedule people voted for, The caps conflict sucks but it's only a default time and if both teams have LG players they can find a time that works better for them you have the entire weekend to play caps.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    Did you even read anything I wrote down in my post or did you just decide to reply because you want to complain? The one option I provided keeps Sunday games in tact moving them back a couple hours. I also explained how it's going to be very difficult to potentially get 72 individual people to accept rescheduled times if all players on a line are on different caps gaming teams. Not an easy thing to rely on just to be able to play LG on Sundays.

Grizgoal
  7. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    This actually isn't a bad idea either, take out the earliest game Sunday since a lot of west coast guys / late shift workers wouldn't be able to make that one and add it before or after games on Monday/Tuesday.

Grizgoal
  8. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    Moving the games up 2 hours is changing the schedule, I'm against changing the schedule. You sure I'm the one with the reading issue?

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    Yes I'm sure, you went on to say "3 games a night for 3 nights is the schedule people voted for". I provided an option that keeps the Sunday games in tact but offers far more availability for managers to work with than the current setup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Grizgoal
  10. NUTZnBERGERS

NUTZnBERGERS Well-Known Member

Discord:
    NUTZnBERGERS#3185
    Ratings:
    +201 / 8 / -19
    Moving Sunday up 2 hours for me, would then make me not be able to play Sunday anymore. But hey, I'm probably in the minority

• Like Like x 1
    NUTZnBERGERS
  11. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    There's probably going to be a couple guys per team that can't make the early Sunday game, but where it benefits is giving 2 other lines the option of playing sunday's where they wouldn't have had the option before. I think overall it is the best fit for the majority of the league, even if some still can't make those adjusted times.

Grizgoal
  12. Pwnologistz

Pwnologistz Tyler

Discord:
    Pwn#6589
    Ratings:
    +246 / 29 / -33
    @GrizGoal i appreciate you trying to help solve this issue. upload_2020-12-7_5-21-0.jpeg

Pwnologistz
  13. TakeNotes97

TakeNotes97 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TakeNotes97#0112
    Ratings:
    +191 / 5 / -7
    Early games Sunday let’s goooo, im getting old and Monday’s hit hard , now I’ll be able to go to bed early

TakeNotesNHL