Need PC help

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Pwnologistz, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Pwnologistz

Pwnologistz Tyler

Discord:
    Pwn#6589
    Ratings:
    +246 / 29 / -33
    Looking to get a complete setup. PC a monitor or two, keyboard, etc. The whole shabang. I just have no idea where to start. If you have the time please give me some recommendations. Thanks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Pwnologistz
  2. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    pcpartpicker.com is your best friend

www.reddit.com/r/buildapc

my current build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pzFZHz

FYI don't need the RBG RAM, go for the cheaper one if you don't care about the lights

For the SSD, I made the mistake of buying the external one. Buy the one that sticks in your motherboard direct.

My GPU I got at a great price (just saw its going for over 1,000 now), but this will be the most expensive part by far. Do your research and buy what is best for your budget.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  3. Burnsy x 95

Burnsy x 95 Pees in the shower

Discord:
    Burnsy#1428
    Ratings:
    +528 / 7 / -14
    What is your budget for the PC, monitor(s), keyboard, mouse etc? Do you have interest in building your own PC or is a pre-built a must? Keep in mind you can get way better value by building your own, it's not as hard as it looks you just need to watch some youtube guides and you should be fine. I'm about to build my first PC this weekend, have all the parts here with me so I can help you out if you do decide to build your own.

• Like Like x 1
    Burnsyx95
  4. Pwnologistz

Pwnologistz Tyler

Discord:
    Pwn#6589
    Ratings:
    +246 / 29 / -33
    Budget is not really an issue. Also dont mind building it myself or prebuilt. I just want a quality pc that can run whatever game i want to play at good settings. Doesnt have to be top of the line, just dont wanna cheap out.

Pwnologistz
  5. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,296 / 33 / -46
    Terrible advice. More RGBs = more performance

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Burnsy x 95

Discord:
    Burnsy#1428
    Ratings:
    +528 / 7 / -14
    https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Burnsyx95/saved/#view=6QsDqs

I have a pretty high end build here, you may have to keep on track of stock for the 3080 (graphics card) and 5600x (cpu). That 1440p 144hz monitor is really solid as well, really good value. If you're getting a 2nd monitor, you'd have to decide which you would want. Either a cheap 1080p 144hz, another 1440p 144hz or a 4k monitor or tv. Either option is great, just depends on what you'd want it for. I'm personally going to be getting a 48 inch 4k 120hz LG OLED TV as my 2nd monitor for movies, shows, and single player games. For keyboard, there's some solid mechanical keyboards out there, the Razer Huntsman is pretty popular. For mouse, Razer Viper is pretty solid, Logitech G305 is a solid cheap option as well but it's for smaller hands. This PC will be able to run games on max settings at 1440p 144hz for the next few years for sure, it also has solid raytracing and DLSS 2.0 (increases framerate). 4k content would probably be sticking at around 100-120hz

If you'd like to raise or lower the budget just let me know, I can grab other part options without issues. Lemme know if you have any questions, always happy to help!

• Like Like x 2
    Burnsyx95
  7. Spacelessbark

Spacelessbark Offensive Turnover Dman

Discord:
    spacelessbark#0
    Ratings:
    +156 / 9 / -19
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jHDJgt current build too 3080 is on the way. but the newer cards that are out are really good if anything I can draw up some builds. but you wanna prioritize function over looks having a good foundation such as a good motherboard, PSU, case. its easy to replace a cpu, ram, graphics card, and storage. Burmsy got a nice and balanced build, but you wanna maximize your budget as best as you can. if you're in the states and close to a microcenter head there I heard there a very good spot for PC parts.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nQzvYg example of a decent 1080p/1440 build that can play majority of games on med-high settings at 1440 60-90 fps and 144-240 fps on E-sports titles

CPU: you want a 6 core processor either newer AMD such 3000 or 5000 personally. any more than 8 will be overkill but maybe useful down the future since the newer consoles have 8. (hard to predict the future) also comes with a decent stock cooler

motherboard: you want something with good power delivery/ample heat sink too cool off. my x570 board has really good power delivery but not the best cooling. you also will want m.2 slots to utilize nvme storage for a boot drive.

RAM: ram is ram, low cas latency and high clock speeds for ryzen, cl16 and 3600mhz is usually the go to imo but can be expensive.

PSU: 750w or 850w 80+ gold. check your graphics card for what they recommend

Graphics card: buy the best card you can buy with your budget. if you wanna get a 3080 you can cut corners on places like the ram and upgrade down the line or cut down on storage. hence why I personally went with a budget x570 board to get a 2080 super instead of a 2070 super

storage: you want a m.2 nvme SSD(solid state drive) for your boot drive its insanely fast and lives longer as a boot drive over a normal hard drive(HDD). if you got the budget you can buy SSDs over HDDs but cutting corners and getting cheaper storage options for a better graphics card.

Case: with good airflow easy to build in and ample room for what your putting in. personally around 80-150 is a good place to look for a case with front mesh paneling such as the fractal design meshify C

Cooling: good fans will help with passive cooling and a bigger cooler much as what burnsy got in his build, will be plenty too cool a 6 core processor, I opted for an AIO to cool mine to keep down on fan noise under heavy load. also look into fan orientation and the difference between positive and negative airflow for dust management.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    spacelessbark
  8. jpiss

jpiss I like to win

Discord:
    jpisss#0
    Ratings:
    +44 / 5 / -4
    lemme get uhhhhhhhhhhhh......

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Burnsy x 95

Discord:
    Burnsy#1428
    Ratings:
    +528 / 7 / -14
    Great info here! I'd recommend listening to him with that info, agree with pretty much everything he said. Keep in mind that I'm in Canada, my build would be cheaper for you if you're in the States. I apparently got extremely good value considering prices here in Canada, so see if you can get any parts on sale and if you need anything different then I'm sure Spaceless and I can help out with recommendations. I'd recommend a WD Blue SN550 SSD, either 500gb of 1tb depending on how much storage you want. I got a WD Black SN750 but it was overkill, only got it because it was on sale for $15 more over the SN550.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Burnsyx95
  10. Spacelessbark

Spacelessbark Offensive Turnover Dman

Discord:
    spacelessbark#0
    Ratings:
    +156 / 9 / -19
    can definitely go into more detail on the pc part specifics but i gave just enough info for you to have an idea on what is what. you can message me on discord about builds but good luck finding processors, and graphics cards for normal price now.

spacelessbark#5049

• Like Like x 1
    spacelessbark