Congratulations S15 Providence Bruins

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by BryanAdoresLiz, Feb 10, 2021.

1. BryanAdoresLiz

BryanAdoresLiz My cats breath smells like cat food

Ratings:
    +282 / 2 / -6
    To quote my good friend @nazzy2face ... And another one!

Congratulations to the S15 Providence Bruins on another great run and winning their 2nd Calder Cup in as many seasons. Bridgeport, Springfield, Laval, and Stockton, you guys had great seasons. You gave us everything we could handle. Stockton, keep your heads held high. You took the series to game 7 and allowed 1 goal. Unfortunately it was the only goal of the game. That series could have gone either way. Huge respect to the management team over there, @ClutchDaddy91 @yobkcuf @TomKay- as well as your players, especially my boy @Noblood777. You guys will be back.

Now onto my family, I thought this time we could have a little fun with this post and include some Gifs seeing as our discord all season was full of them. Here is our story...

Lets start where we left off S14 for Providence....

[​IMG]

Coming off a Calder Cup win, decisions had to be made. It started with a resign of our MVP goalie @l0lCorbzzl3l. Next on the priority list was getting Super Geek back in the fold. Matt & I knew we would go from first to worst without our boy genius. After pumping his tires and massaging his ego, we got the answer from @B-Red94 we were waiting for....

[​IMG]

Hooray! With B-Red back in the mix, it was time to get back to business. B-Red was all in again and promised back to back cups. We still had his babies (now grown up) that he drafted coming back for another season, his favourite twins, and a supporting owner. The foundation was already there for another strong run.

Matt & I were very excited to see how this season was going to go and were pumped to have B-Red back...

[​IMG]

Our first move in the offseason was acquiring a top 4 Dman in @Mxzzin. Anytime you can acquire a top 4 Dman for a 3rd round pick I think you take it, as everyone knows Defense can be very expensive come bidding. We were very happy to acquire Muzzin and were counting on him to help lead us to another Calder...

[​IMG]

Next up was Draft/Bidding. Unfortunately, we had zero draft picks this season. However, we did have NHL bid slots, and knew we had to hit on them. We were able to snag 2 of our players from the S14 cup team in @BigB00tySlide & @MommasWrongAgain. One of our returning DP's from last season, @Domc0893 was very excited when we got Momma back and were able to reunite them again as a top D pair...

[​IMG]

We won a very good C in @ll_19-Toews for a cool 5.5m. Toews you were our highest paid player this season, not only did you win your 1st Cup, but you made bank too! Well deserved my man!

[​IMG]

Once bidding was over, we felt we added some nice pieces to our foundation. Toews, Muzzin, and others were joining myself, B-Red, Matt, Momma, Dom, BigBooty, Corbzz, @xGodsEyes and @Gadzookzzz. Things were looking good...

[​IMG]

Butttttt, like most teams after bidding, you dont know what you got until you start playing. We starting mixing lines, trying different combos, and some lines worked, and some lines didnt. So what do you do after a couple weeks? You make changes. Otherwise B-Red gonna be hitting up Matt & I with a daily request...

[​IMG]

So, B-Red went to work. He shipped out some players we won in bidding for some new fresh blood. In came @bluedevil631, @Pfarrcyde23, @rudymac, @xGaGnE_ , @Julien , and @M-Yorkiee. And boy did these guys not disappoint. It took a week or 2 of trying different line combos, but eventually, we got it right. The boys were buzzing....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And as much as the boys were buzzing, there were still some hiccups along the way, specifically my line in regards to holding 3rd period leads, had some bad luck against us. B-Red was usually not happy with some of these losses...

[​IMG]

Myself included was not very thrilled, as you would sometimes hear stuff like this coming from my mic...

[​IMG]

But we kept trucking on and believed in our old veteran asses...

[​IMG]

Now it was time for the only season that counts.... PLAYOFFS

[​IMG]

Playoffs are a whole different animal. Everybody goes back to 0 wins. Doesnt matter what you did in the regular season, people only remember what you do in the post season. We noticed the LG community had some mixed opinions on us when it came to series voting...

[​IMG]

Quick reminder, don't ever doubt the defending champs, right @Meestah Don ?

Up first was a very impressive Bridgeport team that took us to 7 games. A strong defensive game 7 followed by a shutout by Gads and that was all she wrote. I was very impressed with this team all season and in the playoffs, you guys were the real deal. The first of 2 impressive game 7 wins by our brick wall Gads...

[​IMG]

Up second, the Springfield Thunderbirds. Coming off an impressive upset against the top seeded WBS Penguins, PP & his crew were ready for a fight. The series ended up being shorter than expected, still lots of respect to those guys, especially our Calder brother @Moception . We were confident and ready to move on and win the East...

[​IMG]

On to the Eastern Conference finals, against the Laval Rocket. I say this with all due respect to Stockton, but this was the series we knew was going to be a slugfest (However Stockton ended up proving me wrong). Laval was so deep and had an amazing management core in @JDFRYE31 @G--P--3 & @Cxnrad . Every game was so close, and overtime just became the norm with both teams. We were fortunate to win in 6, but thought we would go 7 games for sure. I have no doubt these guys are close to getting over that hump and winning their 1st Calder Cup, and I will be rooting for them in the future. A heavyweight fight that both teams had to just slug out...

[​IMG]

And just for some friendly laughs, always remember...

[​IMG]

On to the finals. And let me tell you, if you dont believe in experience and leadership, you might not ever win. Our 2nd straight season going into a finals, and falling behind in the series 3-1. After last years comeback, we learned alot. Leaders like @Userpic1306 & @Bush x 92 taught us it aint over until its over, and had us believe. Well, fast forward to this season, and our new leaders B-Red & Godseyes were not going to let us lose. B-Red was a whole other animal this season who kept reminding us "we aint losing"....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B-Red, Rudymac, Julien, Matt, Godseyes, & Gads finished off another incredible run with one of the sweatiest (boring) game 7's I have ever watched. The entire Providence team was watching on the edge of their seat...

[​IMG]

Special props go to Matt & Godseyes (RG) for their 2nd game 7 Calder Cup win. That can be considered as very impressive...

[​IMG]

***PLAYOFF MVP TIME!!!***

Andddddd after any Calder Cup series win, you always recognize 1 special individual who played out of their mind. Last season, it was Corbzz who took home the playoff MVP trophy for us. And this season, the trophy will being going to the same position.

@Gadzookzzz , what a season you had, and and even better playoff run (12-4-1, 1.40GAA, .888 SV%). You were unbelievably in every game you played, even in the losses you gave up nothing and kept us in every game! A game 7 shutout in round 1, and another in the Calder Finals, it doesnt get any better then that. I will continue to self promote my twitch on your channel and you will continue to time me out. From your funny singing steams, to your punchable face, you my friend, are a STUD. Congratulations on your Playoff MVP award!

HONORABLE MVP MENTIONS:

Godseyes aka RG_Four - One of the great leaders in our discord. Took time to watch streams, get scouting reports on who we played, and taught us many faceoff plays that worked like a charm. Whatever NHL squad lands you next season will be lucky.

Julien - Lead the team in playoff points with 18, a perfect 9-0 record. And the all important game 7 OT Calder Cup clinching goal. You the man Jules.

Rudymac - Big Goal Rudy. The man with so many clutch goals in the playoffs! A perfect 9-0 record, and ALWAYS positive no matter the score or situation! I told you if we won game 7 we would carry you off the ice like a hero...

[​IMG]

One of my favourite Rudy moments this season was when we were getting ready to play Laval and Rudy just went at them with some good ol intimidation...

[​IMG]

And last but not least, our owner @Pawdiddy. It was awesome to see him silence his critics up in the NHL by building a playoff team this season. Take it from me and rest of my management, if you dont have an owner who supports the AHL club youre already in a hole. Thanks Pawdiddy again for giving us some assets to help us build this back to back Cup run. Without you, it wouldnt of happened....

[​IMG]

And with that, back to back Calder Cups! I am very happy for all the returning players winning their 2nd cup, and all the new guys this season winning their 1st!

[​IMG]

Just a heads up LG, B-Red now walks into rooms like this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His chest actually looks like that too...

[​IMG]

Also, B-Red still trying to figure out which twin he likes better...

[​IMG]

As for me, I have been playing LG since S3, and its time for a break. I dont grind NHL the way I used to, and it shows in my skills. I am by no means a top player in this league, but I can say I am the luckiest player in LG to be able to have 5 cups. I am extremely humble and you will almost never see me talk trash...

[​IMG]

You might see me return when NHL launches on PS5 (S18), but no guarantees. I will still drop by the community and check in on how everyones seasons are going, so this isnt a good bye, its see you later!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CONGRATULATIONS ONCE AGAIN TO THE S15 CALDER CUP CHAMPIONS, YOUR BACK TO BACK CHAMPION PROVIDENCE BRUINS!

*Video muted because of DMCA content

• Winner Winner x 22
    • Like Like x 7
    bryanadoresliz
  2. SliestGibbon659

SliestGibbon659 trade szn

Discord:
    Gibbonn#2658
    Ratings:
    +45 / 2 / -6
    hahaha nice thread. ggs and congrats

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    giibbonn
  3. Not--RG

Not--RG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -3
    Sick write up bro. Thanks for the ride

• Like Like x 5
    RG_Four
  4. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    Congrats champs!!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    persinger92
  5. I xRomZz I

I xRomZz I OMG ROMZZYYYY

Ratings:
    +24 / 3 / -2
    Thanks for the amazing season and playoff run was a blast playing with this team and joking around in discord I’ll never forget these amazing teammates and for the Laval part correction i said that way before playoffs started lol
    unknown.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Userpic1306

Userpic1306 Warning Group

Ratings:
    +674 / 15 / -45
    Alexa, Play Back to Back by Drake.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Mxzzin

Mxzzin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mxzzin#0
    Ratings:
    +328 / 29 / -62
    We champs! Hell of a season, glad I could be a part of it. Cup check

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. l Shamzy l

l Shamzy l Warning Group

Discord:
    shamzyyy#0
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -8
    Now @Mxzzin can cup check me wtf

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. MattAdoresDanna

MattAdoresDanna Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -5
    upload_2021-2-10_20-19-20.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MattAdoresDanna
  10. ClutchDaddy91

ClutchDaddy91 Member

Discord:
    clutchdaddy91#0
    Ratings:
    +446 / 11 / -61
    Thank goodness we didn’t win, I can’t do a write up like that . All jokes aside , congrats guys . I’ll be back ;)

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. Gadzookzzz

Gadzookzzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -4
    I don't doubt that at all. You build good teams

• Winner Winner x 1
    gadzookzzz
  12. CIutchles

CIutchles First L is actually an i

Ratings:
    +10 / 2 / -0
    Great write up man! Congrats Providence!

HeroicFrostHD
  13. Xb-red94

Xb-red94 Warning Group

Discord:
    xB-Red94#0845
    Ratings:
    +516 / 12 / -19
    • Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. jacksdawgs

jacksdawgs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jacksdawgs#7657
    Ratings:
    +161 / 34 / -77
    Awesome write-up! Congratulations!

jacksdawgs
  15. Mxzzin

Mxzzin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mxzzin#0
    Ratings:
    +328 / 29 / -62
    No Streaming Account
  16. Xb-red94

Xb-red94 Warning Group

Discord:
    xB-Red94#0845
    Ratings:
    +516 / 12 / -19
    Bump

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. BryanAdoresLiz

BryanAdoresLiz My cats breath smells like cat food

Ratings:
    +282 / 2 / -6
    Still waiting for more ratings on this post. Let’s go people!!!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    bryanadoresliz
  18. Duchesne_x_10

Duchesne_x_10 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    duchesne_x_10#0
    Ratings:
    +236 / 7 / -16
    Nice write up bro ! And congrats to all the Bruins for this calder cup ! You guys deserved it ! @Gadzookzzz i hate you for not letting me score but its fine you’re a stud!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. Gadzookzzz

Gadzookzzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -4
    Try harder next time lmao

gadzookzzz