Please Vote! Issues with COC section 5

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Dradavich, Feb 16, 2021.

?

Should Section 5 be rewritten?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. Dradavich

Dradavich The guy who got Truc Banned

Discord:
    Dradavich#1971
    Ratings:
    +1,866 / 134 / -406
    Was reading through the COC that was put in place 2 days ago and when I read section 5 I got little worried.

Section Five: Personal Attacks on Appearance

There will not be any personal attacks on any community member. Any attack on a person's character or that degrades a member, to also include a member's family or other related persons. Attacks not relating to their skill level or the video game are deemed unacceptable. Common banter between members of the community dealing with a player's stats or skill level is not deemed to be a personal attack unless proved egregious by Staff. Personal attacks include but are not limited to:

• Attacks on appearance
    • Insulting or making negative comments relating to someone's lifestyle or choices
    "Lifestyle or choices" What does this mean exactly, if you tell someone to go shower is that now a bannable offense? You can't call someone sweaty nerd anymore? I mean being a "nerd" could be considered a lifestyle, so is it now bannable? If that's case c'mon thats soft, Not even the NHL would suspend you for that.
    • Comments that question someone's intelligence, values, integrity, motivations, or decisions
    If I'm interrupting this correctly does this mean you can't call people stupid or an idiot if they do something dumb, Does this also mean if i don't like a specific ban and I complain about it to the bogs I'll get banned too? What about decisions made by gm's and owners, if I make fun of bad bid or trade can I get banned for that if the owner or gm doesn't like what i have to say?

This is so concerning, Censorship doesn't make us safer when everybody is constantly watching what they say to avoid getting banned for a stupid reason. Hopefully I'm misinterpreting this but if I'm not this has got to be changed especially with the COC now covering stuff outside of LG, No room for personal expression and no room for friendly banter. IMO this section of the COC needs to be rewritten, not only for more clarity but also to remove some of non-sense.

• Like Like x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Dradavich
  2. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    We all play in a virtual hockey league pretending we're NHL players. If that's not a sweaty nerd, I don't know what is

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  3. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    What about those of us who pretend we're AHL players? Are we still sweaty nerds or just not as sweaty nerds?

CLARIFICATION is needed in the COC!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    zChieef
  4. Hra-ow

Hra-ow Hra

Ratings:
    +1,449 / 166 / -474
    Need to relax on these rules.

I understand why the league is implementing them but its kind of going to far to the point that you can't shit talk someone without being afraid that you could potentially get banned.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    hraow
  5. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. Yeap_93

Yeap_93 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Yeap_93#6634
    Ratings:
    +116 / 5 / -25
    Dude I’m pretty sure NHL players pretend to be us...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. zBernatchez

zBernatchez Thin Blue Line

Discord:
    zbernatchez#0
    Ratings:
    +528 / 14 / -30
    To many liberal rules, I get why it is there. Look at some of the twitch streamers attacking brody and Trish on their streams.

However I think trash talking is part of gaming. Obviously comments on appearance should not be condoned.

zBernatchez
  8. Landon_DuPont

Landon_DuPont Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +623 / 63 / -114
    Soft League nowadays kids wouldn't have survived Pre Fall of 2019. Since it is already might as keep this ruling!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Ieafs30-

Ieafs30- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -3
    Only AHL caliber players like you would say that Chief

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Your obsession for attention from me is getting weird. I've said all but 2 words to you guy, pls stop before I file harassment AC!

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    zChieef
  11. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +522 / 22 / -60
    You actually read the CoC? o_O

Coachx19
  12. BIakeL97L

BIakeL97L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 16 / -108
    I agree, I read the rule book every night before bed and think it needs to revised.

• Funny Funny x 4
    blakedangles
  13. Lafontaine92

Lafontaine92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 6 / -25
    Sounds nerd

• Funny Funny x 3
    No Streaming Account
  14. MikeeTeeze

MikeeTeeze Seasoned veteran

Discord:
    mikeeteeze#0
    Ratings:
    +345 / 14 / -20
    It's pretty simple, when trash talking, keep it focused on virtual hockey, don't make it personal and you'll be fine. This isn't a place for keyboard warriors, that's what Twitter is unfortunately used for.

mikeeteeze
  15. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,051 / 350 / -520
    follow me on twitter @premierplayer

But Mike the thing is, if the twitter is linked to u they can now ban u for any tweets.

premierplayer
  16. Wiqked1

Wiqked1 Owner of szn13 Vville Tigres 62-5-5

Ratings:
    +695 / 19 / -95
    I want participation trophy points.

DZRUHPT
  17. erinssilence

erinssilence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    Having experienced a lot of attacks directed at me in my time with LG I can say this is absolutely needed and have been saying it for a few seasons now. I've had multiple instances when I was owning where I was attacked by other managers for my personal life that when it was reported they basically got a slap on the wrist for it. I also had others that would take things far beyond a normal chirp to insult my intelligence just because they disagreed with an opinion in conversations with BOGs that lead to a super toxic environment. With LGs continued expansion into Esports and affiliation with NHL teams this is an absolute must. Bringing in consequences for actions outside of LG sanctioned events is a big deal too because I've seen it happen too many times where someone comes out someone else in this community outside of LG because they felt like it wasn't a punishable offense if they saw you playing a different game and just jumped in a party to come at you for things. Beyond that there's been certain people within the community that take too much interest in someone else's personal life that is absolutely none of their damn business. To some it's just simple chirping but to others it's a real fear. Like for myself I tried for a long time to keep my personal life hidden cuz it had nothing to do with LG but constantly had people drag it into things or go out of their way to try to find info or pictures of me so they could use that. For awhile I had a legit fear of people in this community doing things or finding things about me that would lead to situations that would make me extremely uncomfortable or could even trickle into my everyday life. So keep in mind for some it's just a simple chirp but for others it's a huge deal and you have zero idea of what their life is like and how it can effect them.

memphisonfirex
  18. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    First of all, YOU are responsible for your personal life stuff being out there. On here you are DEATHS_SHADOWS65 until YOU decide to tell us more about yourself. So I hate when people get butthurt about their personal life stuff being out there. YOU choose what is out there on the internet. Not other people. Then you talk about people joining parties they see you in, with how PSN is nowadays, you cannot join parties unless invited to. So that argument is awful. Then you try and say you tried to hide yourself, what in the world could possibly lead to you actually opening up if you were so scared they'd find out? And now you're complaining cause they did? I don't get it. If you're so uncomfortable with being yourself, then why are you? Especially on the Internet where you can be anybody? There are 12 yo kids here that are seen as GODs of the community when in reality if you saw them in the real world you'd just pat them on the head and tell their parents how cute they are. Like come on man. Why is everyone so fucking concerned about what random fucking people have to say about them on the Internet like they will ever actually meet them in the real world? How fucking hard is it to just let go? Like these trolls don't actually wanna do anything to you, they just want a reaction out of you. And by trying to ban them or by opening up, or by exposing YOUR DAMN SELF, you're letting them win. Those complaining about "chirps" are the fucking problem. You take yourself way too fucking seriously over a video game if you think that defines you as a person.

If you care so much what people have to say on the Internet, stay off the internet. Is it that hard of a concept? You can ban all these kids/trolls, they'll find a way to be back. I understand when it comes down to racism and that stuff, but chirps? Hell the fuck nah. Grow up. Chirping is everywhere in sports. It's everywhere in the real world. You wanna give me information about yourself, then that's your problem. Being able to laugh about yourself is part of accepting who you are anyways.

Thank for coming to my TED talk. Tired of you pussies everywhere crying cause you ain't "liked" by everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. erinssilence

erinssilence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    None of my stuff was out there for people to find first off. I don't broadcast my personal stuff at all but there have been people in this community that have literally gone and searched up stuff on me to use against me in the past. The whole argument of they're nobodies on the internet is an awful argument as well. For some people a league like LG is a place to escape and have fun but then people take that and find some information out about you and make it to where it's not enjoyable anymore simply because of the crap people will say and ask over and over again and it shouldn't be a situation of well if if can't handle it then get out because that just enables more of that shirty behavior which is basically how things operated here before. I literally had people search up my username and gamertags on Google because of an AC screenshot. I had to go out of my way to make different emails usernames and other things to make sure that never happened again which really should never happen to begin with. I pray that there's never an instance where someone crosses the line here and it leads to a drastic situation that could have been avoided entirely

memphisonfirex
  20. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    So a mistake on your end caused all that is what you're saying? I mean you've got to be kidding me. Then you talk about an escape. I get it, but just like every other sports league in the world that are used as an escape, "chirping" is going to be present. If your situation and how you feel about yourself gets in the way, then maybe an escape that's more individual is for you. Also even within LG, there are ways to limit your interactions as little as posting your avail and showing up to the DR on said days. You'll never be able to weed out toxicity completely. Join a book club if you want to get rid of toxicity completely. Even some great dudes get toxic in certain situations. That's the bottom line. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, because you had a bad one, doesn't mean everyone else should pay the price. A very high majority of us can handle the chirps and banter and it honestly makes this much more enjoyable more often than not. Some of my favorite teams where the ones that talked shit the most. Just fix your problems outside of here. This escape you speak of is a bad fix to the bigger problem you seem to have that's called self-acceptance.

No Streaming Account