S38: West Central Power Rankings (Media Bois)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by JC Enterprise, Feb 23, 2021.

?

Who will finish first in the Central?

1. Nashville

17.3%
  2. Minnesota

8.2%
  3. Dallas

23.6%
  4. Arizona

25.5%
  5. Winnipeg

6.4%
  6. St. Louis

6.4%
  7. Colorado

4.5%
  8. Chicago

8.2%
  1. JC Enterprise

JC Enterprise Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JC Enterprise#2601
    Ratings:
    +549 / 46 / -41
    INTRODUCING MEDIA BOIS
    Bringing LGNHL media to you and your family for s38, our first post is a set of four power rankings for each division in LGNHL. In these rankings, you will see a synopsis of each team describing the teams structure heading into bidding and our expectations for s38 as well as some superlatives and grades.

WEST CENTRAL

1) Nashville Predators :team77:

Notes: @Miike Scott has flipped the script. Last season nearly every power ranking had his team at the bottom of the totem poll. Now he comes into his second season with expectations. Something that he's never had to deal with before. How will he and his management team deal with the added pressure? So far they've answered the call brilliantly, with MANY off season moves to load up on organizational depth, entering bidding with the contracts of @Focus TF off a sign and trade from the Island, resign after a breakout year of @greggy99 and returning contract @Dieu Charlo, they simply needed to not fuck up. Easier said than done. Then as the bids come off the board you see, @Jxcou_91 @Philz 14 @o Crazy Legz o come to the same team, Nashville. The third line that used to be a weakness is now a strength with @Schreiny, Crazy Legs, and @The Skoden. Not to mention the improvements to the second line which is an ESports line. The only question mark here is goalies in @DaYoungBuck and @Tiny x 30 which is hardly a question mark, both of them can steal a game for you. This isn't just one of the most complete teams in the Central, they are one of the most complete teams in the league, with their eyes set on the cup. Will this year be the year of Mike?

Best Contract: @o Crazy Legz o (750k), @Schreiny (500k)
    Worst Contract: @Miike Scott
    X-Factor; @Tiny x 30

FWD Grade: A
    DEF Grade: B-
    GOALIE Grade: B

2) Minnesota Wild :team30:

Notes: Alright alright I'm done slobbering over Mike, @Dangs92's team here isn't that far off from Nashville. With the snag of @Nuge for GM, and the offseason trade with Columbus bringing in a steal of a contract in @King Seawxrd, this at first was ridiculed as a steal of a trade for Columbus, but I think addiction by subtraction in getting a cheaper/non-toxic guy in King was key for Minnesota. Mind you that isn't a shot at @Toxic Deke, his name literally says he is toxic. Nice trade Dangs. He also resigned @Tayyyzzzz to his cheap 750k deal and promoted him to AGM, nice move getting him to - at the very least build his own third line. Headed into bidding they had a very clear board and literally went 6/7 on it, can't get much worse. Getting @Arctic Blur in to anchor your first line at 10.5 was a genius idea, along with @Raynor, that makes to be one of the most competitive top lines in LG. Along with the depth in the team, this makes for a serious contender.

Best Contract: @Raynor (1.5)
    Worst Contract: @Wavy Nana (5)
    X-Factor: @Wavy Nana - if he plays like a stud that 2nd line is one of the best in the league

FWD Grade: B
    DEF Grade: B
    GOALIE Grade: B+

3) Dallas Stars :team9:

Notes: This team would be better if they had gone a little cheaper on tendy, I mean @Vaynx is worth the 4m but I heard grumblings their cap situation limited them from potentially spending 16m on a 1st line center. IDK just rumors. Even with the "bad" contract in Vaynx, this team is still loaded. With the free contracts of @Hxndry and @x Fisher 81 who ego's me in CoD. They had a solid bidding where they snagged @GrizGoal who I assume will take over AGM duties. Also snagging a top player in @Jemima, who although he has character concerns, when he brings it and plays is one of the top 10 in the game. They also grabbed cheap contracts in @Dunks and @Pandaleupagus which when they are in form are competent 2nd line Dmen. Major shout out to @ProMoe CA and @I JoshU I, as they have been grinding the draft lobbies and are gonna be killer for the team this season. IMO this team is 1 piece away from being amongst the top 5 in the league. With some nifty trades and breakout seasons from players I wouldn't be surprised to see this team compete with Nashville all season long.

Best Contract: @dcshoe (500k) @Jemima (5)
    Worst Contract: @Goostav (5.5)
    X-Factor: @dcshoe If he returns to s27 form, the league will be put on notice

FWD Grade: B-
    DEF Grade: B-
    GOALIE Grade: A-

4) Arizona Coyotes:team28:

Notes: Yea it's surprising to see a team that has @Gilleh and @Sitful so low in the rankings but here we are. Yes they have one of the most dominant lines with their management and @Auggy98, with @SamDelisle in the middle. But outside of that, where is the depth? This is one of if not the most competitive divisions in the league and it seems as though they were makeshift 2nd/3rd lines, where instead of knowing they're gonna get you 15-18 wins, they're hoping for that kind of success. Or they are gonna have to break apart the first line. It isn't all doom and gloom, they got a couple of nice pieces in aforementioned Sam, and @Fritz viv, and none of their contracts pre-bidding were big hinderances to their bidding plans. So if the depth comes together with either trades or chemistry, this team can compete for 2nd/3rd. If it fails to do so, they will be making trades all season long hoping to scratch their way into loffs.

Best Contract: @Auggy98 (8.5)
    Worst Contract: @SamDelisle9 (8)
    X-Factor: 2nd line

FWD Grade: B-
    DEF Grade:C
    GOALIE Grade: B

5) Winnipeg Jets :team391:

Notes: So this team was Montreal last season - they had a pretty rough going their first season managing but they took that season as a lesson and come into this one with more experience and knowledge. The final verdict of their team? It's not too bad, I like some of their contracts and proposed chemistry, they have a contending first line with @Portorov @SkilZzy x92x and @. X God Skillz X then look into their second line with @NoThumbs Fox @RRaWGeRs and @Kjinger. It's not like they won't be competitive, it's just they have all of their lines as mid tier lines. So will they compete? Yes. But I don't see their top line beating the teams above them, and there is a clear ceiling to this roster, unless they blow it up with trades. Will they compete and get in playoffs? Yes. Will they be a top team in the west? No. Is that a bad thing? No. It's their second season managing and this roster is a clear improvement on last year, if they can make playoffs and win a series that is a clear step forward for Porter and the gang.

Best Contract: @Kjinger (2)
    Worst Contract: @RRaWGeRs (4.5)
    X-Factor: @NoThumbs Fox and the 2nd line

DEF Grade: C+
    GOALIE Grade: B-

6) St. Louis Blues :team3:

Notes: Being ranked as one of the worst teams in the division you would think this roster is atrocious. This isn't the case. @l Gentry l comes back to this former Boston side after a mid-season take over of the team last season. He brings with him @DeLong x 22 a career 1st/2nd line NHLer who took a break after s34, and returned last season with an underwhelming performance. This team has a solid start, with @lStastny26l getting paid the 7.75m and taking pAGM, also getting @Vaporize 17 at 10m to be that game7 Dman. They also got an absolute steal of a contract in @lHTHl where he can play 2nd line ice time at just 500k. I think their issue is just going to be the same as Winnipeg they have clear lines that are middle of the pack in their areas, which in this division means you are going to have to fight constantly to try to make playoffs. Even with this ranking would I be surprised they make it? No. They have some character concerns however which makes me hesitant to rank them any higher, Vaporize is notorious for wanting to play with certain teams and not be losing, will he demand out after a bad week? HTH has been caught 2nd tagging like 20 times, will he get caught again and make them lose a top contract? Should everything pan out they have the same ceiling as Winnipeg, and seeing as Gentry is also in his second season owning, this would be a nice trend up for him.

Best Contract: @lHTHl (500k)
    Worst Contract: @NoWA I26I (3.75)
    X-Factor: @justlax10

7) Colorado Avalanche:team8:

Notes: Here is where the gap in the division begins to bear it's head. This team looks like they had a rough bidding where a lot of the guys they really wanted slipped through and they had to swap to plan B. Here's the main concerns, who is their top line D? The only high priced guy is Yoda, who will he play with? After that where is the depth? @Fatal I72I is solid, @Pan d0rado can anchor a third. Still though, it is lacking. Then on the forward core, @l Doughty l, @Not Greggy (800 ping), and @Sarkazim are all former defenseman making the jump to forward, and getting paid a combined 12 million for it. Are they worth these deals? Will they actually pan out to where they can anchor and play lines? They also paid @Hautein 2.25 million, this is top NHL Goalie money, is he worth that after serving as the backup for Florida last season? The roster just has too many question marks and people expected to make the jump to me to be comfortable predicting them as anything more than a playoff contender.

Best Contract: @Pan d0rado (1)
    Worst Contract: @Hautein (2.25)
    X-Factor: @Not Greggy

FWD Grade: C+

8) Chicago Blackhawks :team75:

Notes: I think having them ranked last speaks to the overall depth of the western conference, this team is wayyy better than a Florida or New Jersey, yet compared to their own division? They are a step back from them all. @BlueLineKing7 comes back for another season after taking a step back from his performance making the playoffs in s36. Do they have what it takes to make playoffs again? Long answer, maybe. Short answer, no. Paying @Lingross, @Landy Byng, and @o Vinnny a combined 18 million to try to anchor your defensive core when none of them are top tier 1st line DMen is absurd. Then you look at their forward core, who there is playing first line minutes? Whoever that answer is they probably make to be a better 2nd line than first line. And that will be where the Blackhawks problem lies, they will have 2 2nd lines operating rather than a 1st and 2nd, and in a division that is loaded on the top line up and down, that will be their doom all season long.

Best Contract: @FtB x Sauce (500k)
    Worst Contract: @o Vinnny (7.5)
    X-Factor: @TacticalSwim

FWD Grade: C
    DEF Grade: B

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Winner x 9
    • Like x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Get Good x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    XxFireHeartsxX
  2. Fxwst

Fxwst Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 28 / -53
    Worst contract: mike Scott hahaha

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. CTastik91

CTastik91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    No Streaming Account
  4. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Interesting

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. GrizGoal

GrizGoal Esports Commentary

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    Last time I was agm in the NHL I ended up being AGM for 3 teams in 3 weeks I will not make that mistake again!

• Funny Funny x 1
    Grizgoal
  6. HTH94

HTH94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HTH#6186
    Ratings:
    +408 / 143 / -192
    Character concern here

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. kEBZeth

kEBZeth Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kEBZ#2318
    Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -7
    @RRaWGeRs is a steal at 4.5M. Guy is an absolute unit on both C and RW. Theres no way hes Winnipeg's worst contract :laugh:. TOP C/RW

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Manning x 76

Manning x 76 Halifornia

Ratings:
    +394 / 10 / -24
    he should be 17 mil , had more points than Burnsy!

No Streaming Account
  9. Gongshxw

Gongshxw Warning Group

Discord:
    Gongshxw#0446
    Ratings:
    +254 / 118 / -280
    Dallas too high in the rankings

No Streaming Account
  10. LemeIin

LemeIin COMPUTERIZED | #92 |

Discord:
    Lemelin#1461
    Ratings:
    +863 / 31 / -42
    • Like Like x 3
    LemeIin
  11. LemeIin

LemeIin COMPUTERIZED | #92 |

Discord:
    Lemelin#1461
    Ratings:
    +863 / 31 / -42
    Are you going for 4 teams in 3 weeks this time?

• Funny Funny x 2
    LemeIin
  12. Pelley_

Pelley_ Best Ginger on the Sticks

Discord:
    .pelley#0
    Ratings:
    +512 / 10 / -24
    no depth for the yotes huh LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like Like x 2
    PeIIey
  13. SSabou-

SSabou- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Sabourin-18#4325
    Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -24
    sabourin18
  14. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    You are aware you won 1 of your last 14 games right, and Reider 1 of his last 11. Can't really blame him for going off of stats and saying that. Obviously you guys will fare better this season than last, but there is merit behind his opinion.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Grizgoal
  15. Reider15-15

Reider15-15 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Reider15-15#5161
    Ratings:
    +95 / 2 / -13
    I tried okayyy

• Like Like x 1
    Reider1515
  16. Pelley_

Discord:
    .pelley#0
    Ratings:
    +512 / 10 / -24
    so we're going off the fact that me and reider weren't good and it wasn't the dog shit team we were on. gotcha. team losses means players aren't good depth.

PeIIey
  17. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    I did mention that you guys will fare better this season while providing evidence for JC saying there's a lack of depth on Arizona based off of yours and reiders stats last season.

• Like Like x 1
    Grizgoal
  18. JC Enterprise

JC Enterprise Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JC Enterprise#2601
    Ratings:
    +549 / 46 / -41
    Y'all are getting wayyyy to salty over a meaningless power ranking.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    XxFireHeartsxX
  19. Pelley_

Discord:
    .pelley#0
    Ratings:
    +512 / 10 / -24
    you dont know me at all, i'm 0% salty. just love stirring shit, thanks for the media!

• Like Like x 1
    PeIIey
  20. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    Two horse race between Arizona and Nashville here. Arizona wins the cup, you heard it here first.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    No Streaming Account