Chief's S16 Eastern Conference Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by xCHiiEF-96, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Hey guys, I got some time on my hands so I figured I'd put my time to producing something for you guys to read while you're on the toilet. I'm going to indicate my thoughts as to why each team is where they are rather just put teams on a list like some other people have done and then call it "MeDiA".

Atlantic Division

1) :team23: Florida Panthers :team23:

I'm a fan of this roster. The KC/Hriiz duo remains the same plus the addition of @Diamond l 4 l as GM is the cherry on top. One of the top draft picks from last season return this year in @OwnTheBlue and KC got a steal of a contract in @ItsJodach. If Jodach is as good as he once was before he went MIA, it's a hell of a steal. @GirouxSZN at 8m is more than I'd like him to be at but nonetheless is guaranteed to put up the points to get this team wins. Florida's D core isn't bad at all in getting @xTarasenko91 in a steal of a contract at 1m and @CaLL Me Jakoo at 7m which isn't bad given his knowledge and experience in top games. The only faults for the Panthers are their goaltending in my opinion and that there's A LOT of west players on this team. If the connection is there and @Ryneauxx can make some saves then this team should remain atop the weak Atlantic.

2) :team20: Ottawa Senators :team20:

Props to @Jyuhnn and @I MT98 I in producing such a strong roster. I'm a fan of almost every forward they've acquired but absolutely hate @BTL_MoTi 's insanely large contract. I don't think he's worth anything near 9m but for them to pay him for their chemistry makes sense. There's not one forward on that roster that I don't like or think it bad at the game. As far as defense goes, I'm not quite sure how much I like it but we'll see. @iThatCanadian is a goaltender and we all know goalies make awful skaters so we shall see. @Dowdenn is the only one worth a damn in my opinion. @frostx27 used to be a top skater way back in 1945 but now he's largely classified as 3rd pair at best. @Coach_Js and @j_sherminator are both studs in net so I expect them to be busy but to also steal wins for the lackluster D. Either way, this team is strong enough for the #2 spot.

3) :team21: Tampa Bay Lightning :team21:

In my opinion, this is probably one of @LaFleuR11 's weaker teams. I'm not sure who @AXENSTAR or @Rosemontbbqhc are but I've heard good things so this team will probably finish first in this weak division and I'll be dead wrong. I love @SebQc97 from back in the day but I think he's largely overpaid. @One_Nut_Phil81 is annoying but he's gotten better as time has gone well. @DylbertDangles is a pal but won't be anything special on the third line. @GoalieGodz is obviously a stud at the game and will always be worth the free conty. The rest of the forwards aren't worth talking about. @RawJuiice is good from what I've heard about him. But again, the rest aren't worth talking about. @Kiprusoff_x will be a Vezina favorite this season. My lack of caring about LG the past few seasons really show when evaluating this team and all of the unknowns. Team will almost definitely probably kinda finish 1st like they always do. But until then, 3rd seems fitting.

4) :team10: Detroit Red Wings :team10:

Aside from having awful jerseys, this team looks decent but not the best. @Ethancy getting banned from his own stupidity will obviously hurt this already average team and because of that they should probably get placed further down but I think @Desyd19 will make @Boughss GM and rebound. Speaking of @Boughss , he's overpaid given his past success the past few seasons but thankfully his contract will no longer hurt this team. The possibilities are endless, especially since they're over cap right now LOL. @ItsRaGo is a good looking individual on a nice contract, @Pxnarin also is on a nice contract. Idk who @toastft is but I like his name. @LEGAL x 76 is a forward on D anyway so this makes sense. Defensively they're not bad. @Blouin x 9 is 9.5m and Idk who the hell he is but I'm sure he's good and worth it. @TheyCallMeDevo24 is on a good contract and well worth the price. Goaltending I haven't seen much of either of them but as long as they aren't getting short sided then who cares.

5) :team1: Toronto Maple Leafs :team1:

I can easily see this team finishing higher than 5th in this division. @Stav 98 has done a decent job in my opinion. @Xx LoL xX 9 was and still is a great, smart player. @lxlMLGesuslxl aka Bill was once a great player and I believe still has some juice in the tank. @DShakki is on a much more reasonable contract than last and is worth it if he shows up and communicates. @SafirSnipezGOLD idk but Stav has said good things as expected of his GM so hopefully he's good. Their defensive core isn't bad at all. @Chipy-ox is a bit overpriced at D but is a smart player who should do well. @Wavy Nana is also overpriced these days but he's got clout. Idk who their goaltenders are and this will probably be what drags them both down since their usernames just scream shortside. Uh oh Stav!

6) :team18: Buffalo Sabres :team18:

This team is like the ugly stepchild. Like you want to like them but you just can't because of how ugly they are. I think this team has one good line and then it's all meh. @BlackSnowmanX should've taken management but 8.5 aint bad. @The Gr8 Haxby is 2.5 and idk how good he is anymore, if at all so we'll see. @Dups77 is 6.25 but worth it. The rest are just ugly or not worth mentioning, no offense @Twistnee i love you. Defensively their highest paid Dman is @OhhCrosby87 which just screams big yikes. Thankfully @Bxrber- resigned to keep his nice contract. @eStokes is a joy on D, I love watching him but him and Bxber being the only two notable Dmen just emphasizes my point this team has one good line. @Lach12 is good but is known to give up really weak goals and live on his goal line.

7) :team5: Montreal Canadians :team5:

@AAli x 21 usually does a decent job in management but this season I think that will change. Him not being able to get a GM obviously showed during bidding. He went big on both @TerryNoLOVEx and @SkilZzy x92x in hopes they'll accept GM but we'll see and that's obviously a huge blow for this team during bidding. @vSMiiRK is one of those guys who I don't think would've went for much more if he didn't change his tag but nonetheless he wound up here deservingly. Try to snake bidding and this is what you get, it's a full circle. haha. We'll see how the 500k forward warriors do in the league but my bet is not that great. Thankfully this team is in the weakest division so who knows what can happen.

8) :team2: Boston Bruins :team2:

Honestly, I'd be lying if I said this team would do well. They went HUGE on Dmen in bidding and it shows because their core is great in @stammerchel and @SiIkyy-- and the westy @Maxwell23-_- but their forward core is horrendous and @DDW-_- can't carry everyone. I'm just not a fan of any of their forwards and their goaltending isn't much better. Even with this division being soft they'll still finish last.

Metropolitan Division

1) :team4: Philadelphia Flyers :team4:

The clear cut winner for not only the division, but the whole league before the season even starts. This team was loaded with assets and @White_Knucklerz made the most of it. To have two of the top 5 picks is great for any manager, but even greater to have @BoilyHP returning on his top draft contract from last season. @KushNastyy was 16m last season and made the smart decision to become management and an even smarter decision to manage this already loaded team. Offensively this team is going to be a nightmare so I expect a bunch of @jojodevil91 's to run from ever playing this team. @Professor_Merana is a top Dman and well worth his contract. @Skinnasty 53 is a bit overpaid but proves every season it doesn't matter and that he can play any position. Goaltending is above average as well. Team will win the cup and if they don't its a bigger choke than my S5 Dallas team, sadface.

2) :team74: Carolina Hurricanes :team74:

@JClaus33 and @P t P 10 reunite this season and for good reason. They've built a good team which will see Josh return to the playoffs after a disappointing last season. @PoopSmoke- is 5m and well worth it as long as his linemates can cut and make cut passes. @jeff0012 used to be regarded as one of the best players to play the game and now he's 500k so absolute steal. @Jxsse-21 once again gets paid after I thought he was going to expire at 2m or whatever it was. Carolina has a strong forward core. Defensively they look good too in having @dankchank at 500k still and Josh's longtime buddy in @KyleY12 at 500k. @D_SPORS_5 is on a great contract as well at 750k. @Balake96- is once again on this team at G as if nobody would've expected it! All around solid team that will compete but won't come close to Philly.

3) :team27: New York Islanders :team27:

I placed @JaYI77I this low because of his hideous jerseys. Jk. This team will compete again this season. Jay made the smart decision in resigning and keeping the Offseason boys together. Jay made a trade in acquiring his ex GM in @x_ReAcTiiOnz_71 but at forward idk if it will pay off. With most of his cap involved in the offseason boys, he did a decent job in bidding. @Nardo x 19 isn't the player he once was so is well overpaid. @Bidas_The_Beast_ and @kevboud10 are part of the offseason and will be a nice duo. Jay managed to throw a pretty penny on a G given his already low cap and I think it was the right move in acquiring @XGEnErAL 420X since he's regarded as one of the better Gs in the game.

4) :team12: New York Rangers :team12:

I placed this team at 4 because I'm a Rangers fan IRL. @Chellyy-26 and @Bo-Dangles10 put together a decent team. @KesselySnipes420 made a smart name change otherwise I think he would've went for 7m+. Great pickup there. @Ieafs30- won a cup last season but is a huge dick so who cares. @Lxcente wound up on Chelly's team, who would've guessed. And they obviously have one of the top picks in @Freezxr_-. They have a nice forward core. Defensively, they're alright. Bo is one of the better dmen with his sick dump ins. @Snizzah I haven't seen much of but he's AGM so he gotta be worth something. @Nyquist_x14 is on a nice contract from playing with him, he'll be good for this team. I'm not too familiar with NYR goaltenders but as long as they hold shortside they'll be fine.

5) :team14: Washington Capitals :team14:

I think @Hra-ow put together a competitive squad but his division being as decent as they are will complicate things. @eastons- should've been management again but now he's 9m as expected. @CRAZYROGO-1-7 I think is an overpayment and a waste of a resign. @Bazlund is one of the better contracts in the league this season and will do nicely on this team. @Markiiss has come a long way so I'm glad he's doing well. Defensively, @GingerNHL is a nice contract on D. @SyNS x Crusade I don't mind either. The others I'm not too familiar with and don't want to comment on them. Goaltending is strong in this team with 14 year old @Effxct-_-TTV and @zBernatchez . Hra had to get someone his age so they can become besties after school!

6) :team78: Pittsburgh Penguins :team78:

I think this team is pretty good but given their division, being this low is probably going to be a reality. @mattkiinnoo is an oldie and has been doing well for himself so I don't mind this contract. @Hyperr x 95 I've always thought to be a good player so i like this pickup as well. @TMills71 is good but is really really overpaid which I'm sure they'll regret paying so much for. @Wheepingwhale is honestly the perfect third liner. Defensively, I think they're above average as well. Obviously there's @Daoustttt_12 but @CHARAx33z is a really great underrated Dman. @Dxhlin is good as well and I'm sure @sales-_-majestes will work out nicely at his cheap price. Goaltending they paid a bit much for @l Assonnato l but I've also never seen him G so who knows. @Agger33 is a bog so that's cool.

7) :team7: New Jersey Devils :team7:

This is another toss up of a team. I believe they have the ability to be good but on weeks when they play their division they're going to get pounded. @l Ringy l97l is worth his price. @Stxtzle aka bonwl isn't terrible at 4m but he's always played himself on his 3rd line so we'll see. @Silkyaim is a nice draft pick and will substantially help this team. Defensively is where this team will struggle. I don't like their D core at all and have barely heard of any of them. @zdball is on a great contract but not great enough to save the D core.

8) :team6: Columbus Blue Jackets :team6:

God I love @NerdyMamba but man I don't know about this roster ahahaha. I'm not sure about any of these forwards but hey they'll have a shit ton of fun together and that's what matters. If there was any terrible team to play for, this would be the one. Defensively I don't like them either. @x camo 29 is the only one I recognize and I would say he's overpaid. @I9I-LeFranck_I9I will be really busy most games but he's a Vezina favorite so he's well worth the price tag.

In closing, the Metro is obviously waaaaayyyyy better than the Atlantic but it's nobody's fault other than the Atlantic building average teams as a whole. Josh will never stop crying about it but hey if your team is good enough then who cares. If anyone took what I said personal, which wasn't anything terrible, then shame on you for being so soft. GG

Alright boys, that's my opinion of the East along with why. I'm going to attempt to do the West but if I get too lazy then oh well, be happy with this. MEDIA BANG.

[​IMG]

• Like x 15
    • Winner x 11
    • Get Good x 4
    • Dumb x 3
    • Funny x 1
    zChieef
  2. Stxvio

Stxvio Greatest Never

Discord:
    stxvio#0
    Ratings:
    +1,431 / 161 / -243
    Just a note, our G's are solid even though they are newer to the NHL. BR had like a .840 over 20 games for us last season and stole some games. Great media nonetheless and thanks for another article!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Stavio_98
  3. xCmess

xCmess Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 8 / -5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    cmessplays
  4. jojodevil91

jojodevil91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +488 / 27 / -81
    u made a joke about me that I already made in my post ur a cool guy ...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,297 / 21 / -57
    Appreciate the kind words (and our highest prediction ranking yet), nice writeup Chief

• Like Like x 1
    mt98
  6. Boughss

Boughss Well-Known Member

Discord:
    boughss#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 12 / -10
    “Overpaid given his past success the past few seasons”

22 wins and 18 wins + a cup isn’t good enough. I’m never gonna make the big leagues man

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. Ryneauxx

Ryneauxx The RyGoat

Discord:
    Ryneauxx#2337
    Ratings:
    +409 / 18 / -41
    What's a save?

• Like Like x 1
    Ryneauxx
  8. Lafontaine92

Lafontaine92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 6 / -25
    Paradoxical

No Streaming Account
  9. x camo 29

x camo 29 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x camo 29#1041
    Ratings:
    +186 / 10 / -111
    chief get ready to eat ur words

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    iixcamo29ii
  10. Ieafs30-

Ieafs30- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -3
    I appreciate the kind words. Cup check

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. Lach12

Lach12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -3
    @xCHiiEF-96 cant agree more with what you said about me... i can play a really good game than allow a really bad goal.

nice write up

lach_12
  12. nymmy75

nymmy75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +261 / 26 / -77
    You should become a journalist or something . Nice media man

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. xLaffin

xLaffin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Laffin#2591
    Ratings:
    +98 / 7 / -12
    dont know about the forwards, really chief

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    itslxffin
  14. ItsJodach

ItsJodach No more west

Ratings:
    +519 / 24 / -53
    thanks for the ego boost

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    JodachTV
  15. Lafontaine92

Lafontaine92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 6 / -25
    Columbus is working hard on the 32e spot, hard in the weak division we're in tho, we apology

No Streaming Account