S16 Pay-Day Contract Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by B-Red94, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Xb-red94

Xb-red94 Warning Group

Discord:
    xB-Red94#0845
    Ratings:
    +516 / 12 / -19
    LW

@Debrindog AKA Defty Lefty @ 6.25 Million to the :team303:Binghamton Devils:team303:

This is an interesting one as I personally believed Defty would be heading to the Devils for this season as a free contract. During the off-season, there were tons of rumors regarding Defty taking management with @Frost_phang and his Devils, so this is not a shock for me at all. Defty has had a lot of prior success in the AHL and can be a top player in this league if given the right opportunity to do so. Coming off of a 21-5-1 season along with 72 points, there is no surprise he was awarded this contract and the chance to be the team’s go to offensive player not only this season but next as well, as Defty agreed to a 2 season deal with them. Watch him to mentor some of the DP's on this team and take a leadership role. Overall I like this signing, Defty is a great guy and great player.

@DomSquad100 @ 5.25 Million to the :team393:Charlotte Checkers:team393:

Out of the 5 highest paid left wings in the league’s bidding this year, in my opinion this is the best bang for your buck. @koztomade did a great job here landing an absolute monster in Domsquad who is well known for his 128-93-22 +67 run in the NHL. How he did not receive an NHL bid baffles me in all honesty. Dom was a guy I had on my radar for this season with Belleville, but unfortunately could not afford it. Look for Dom to have over 80 points this season and whatever line he is on to be difficult to play against. I really like this signing, and believe that Koz and the Checkers will get a lot out of Dom. Another good dude on a great contract.

@Giroux @ 5.5 Million to the Palm Springs Firebirds

Giroux made his way over to the PlayStation side last season, and was able to make his debut on a powerhouse Syracuse Crunch team which consisted of some great players like @Biscuit_017 and @HooFooXIII among others. Along with these player, Giroux was able to go 23-4-0 along with 97 points, absolutely dominating over the course of the regular season. Playoffs came along and Giroux went 0-2-2 with a -11. I do think Giroux is a good player and this is a good signing, however I'm hoping if Palm Springs makes the playoffs he can provide a bit more on a contract like this. Nice signing none the less by @CIutchles and company.

@bluedevil631 @ 6.25 Million to the :team410:Utica Comets:team410:

My boy BLUE got paid!! Utica Comets landed a good one here. After playing top end lines all season long with stone thumbs king @BryanAdoresLiz and winning a Calder cup, Blue and his agent demanded top money and Utica paid out in full. I fully expect Blue to hit 70-90 points and have a strong record this season. Blue is a proven player in the AHL and will continue to have success. I will never forget that OT goal game 6 in the Calder Cup Finals. Good luck this season bro. Cup Check!

@Westy0927 @ 6.5 Million to the :team298:Toronto Marlies:team298:

Here it is folks, the highest paid LW in the AHL. After coming off of a 16-6-5 season in the AHL along with 74pts, Westy got rewarded with the highest paid LW contract in the league. Westy is a good player and great guy but I am sure he will admit that he got overpaid. As a player you can't control how much you go for so I am by no means taking a shot at Westy, but to be the highest paid LW in the AHL, he is going to have to put in some serious production in order to fulfill the extent of his massive contract. I wish Westy the best of luck and hope he can light it up on the Marlies.

C

@Lubeee- @ 6 Million to the :team298:Toronto Marlies:team298:

Well Lube, what are you going to buy first? 6 million isn’t too bad at all! Lube went 18-5-1 along with 61 points last season. The Marlies went very heavy on Lube and Westy. 12.5 million on two forwards, which made Lube end up being the second highest paid C in the AHL. Look for him to play on the first line with Westy on the Marlies and crack another 18 wins and surpass his point total from last season. Lube has great stories for the dressing room and that alone is worth the 6 Million. Good luck Lube and the rest of your Marlies teammates!

@Serpe x 13 @ 5 Million to the :team518:San Diego Gulls:team518:

This one is interesting. Serpe 100% has the skill to dominate in the AHL and lead his line to wins, but it's the ego and toxicness that surrounds him that has plagued him the last few seasons. Let's not forget Serpe was waived last season by Iowa, cleared waivers then was traded to the Griffins in a TC deal. After that the Griffins traded him to Utica. Utica then traded him to Hartford, Hartford issued a league removal warning due to Serpe missing a game. Later Hartford traded Serpe back to Utica. It goes on and on with teams giving up on him because of attitude. Nonetheless, Serpe still had an impressive season going 12-3-2 along with 55 points but a lot of unknowns surround this guy. If he can be a good teammate and play a full season with the Gulls I expect him to have around 80 points and 18 wins. We will come back to this contract throughout the year.

@CLiiNcH @ 6 Million to the :team778:Laval Rocket:team778:

Another big contract for Clinch; this is starting to become the norm for him. Cliinch has established himself as one of the best C’s in the AHL over the course of the last couple seasons. After a heartbreaking game 7 western conference finals loss last season with Viva and the Admirals, the Cinderella story was over; though nothing can take away what that group of guys was able to do all season after being labelled underdogs from day one. Now they have reunited and look to finish what they started. This is a great signing. Nice job @VivaLePwnage and company.

@Kraftyx16 @ 6.25 Million to the :team350:Hershey Bears:team350:

Not a ton too say about Krafty as I am unfamiliar with his play, however he got paid big money. Krafty has had some NHL experience back in Season 9-11 playing with some decent teams, putting up some very respectable numbers at the highest level in LG. Seems Like Kraft has been away from LG for a few seasons now, however he is off to a great start going 3-0 along with 12 points. I am sure this contract will pan out and I will learn more about Krafty soon enough.

@Pezdemic @ 4.75 Million to the :team303:Binghamton Devils:team303:

Devils landed an NHL biggie here on a fair price for what he brings to the table. Pezdemic is a former 60 points player in the NHL and joins the baby Devils for the upcoming season. As a former back to back Calder Cup champion, I expect Pezdemic to provide some key leadership on the DP's and to put up over 70 points. Looks like the Devils have some really good pieces here. Another great signing by @Frost_phang and company.

RW

@xSavvy67 @ 6 Million to the :team301:Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins:team301:

Penguins land their big fish in Savvy67. Savy went 19-7-2 with 82 points last season. Penguins had a lot of returning cheap contracts and did well in bidding which allowed them to go big on a player. Savvy and his club boys always put on a show in club and I expect no less from him this season carrying over to LG. Savy will continue to put up big numbers and hopefully go deep in the playoffs. Best of luck to the Penguins organization this season.

@xcorvo13 @ 6.25 Million to the :team362:Iowa Wild:team362:

Corvo got the call last season to join the NHL squad and he sure made the best of it, helping his team have a great regular season, and led on to them playing in the Stanley Cup finals. Going 12-6-0 with 37 points in the regular season and then going 4-2-2 in the playoffs this guy deserves every cent. With all the experience Corvo will have gained in the NHL, he should be more than able to apply it in the AHL and lead his team. I expect Corvo to put up over 75 points and be one of the better RW's in the AHL. Congrats Corvo on the contract.

@Beaverclopsx27 @ 6.75 Million to the :team307:Manitoba Moose:team307:

Meet your highest paid RW in season 16 bidding, through which Manitoba landed their big fish in Beaver Clips. Beaver is the HIGHEST paid player in the AHL for this upcoming season. He’s an elite player at the AHL level and holds an 108-31-13 record in the AHL; meaning he doesn't lose much. Look for Beaver to put up over 80 points with 20 wins. Nice guy mentality always helps as well! Congrats Beaver on top spot.

@MarSSo_x13x @ 5.75 Million to the :team390:Milwaukee Admirals:team390:

Marsso is going to be in for a real treat this season, playing with the best AHL GM known to mankind @jmm420! This team is deep and it's no secret. Look for Marsso to play on the top line and I believe will have a career season here in Milwaukee. Could hit 90-100 points. Worth the contract without a doubt. Nice signing by Jmm and @HowRawTooRaw

@Mcinnis666 @ 5.25 Million to the :team309:Syracuse Crunch:team309:

In my opinion, this is the best value signing in this group of RW's, best bang for your buck. Mcinnis and the Crunch agreed to a two year deal, locking him in for an extended run with the team. Mcinnis holds a 66-43-16 record in the NHL, which is rare to see as most players down here are not above .500 NHL guys. However, when they do come down into the AHL, they get PAID and that is exactly what happened. I expect Mcinnis to crack 20 wins and if he is playing with @KarlssonIsGod that could be scary. This is a great signing for @xJT29

LD

@Royalkc85 @ 6 Million to the :team300:Texas Stars:team300:

Well this is the third time in Royal's AHL career where he has been awarded a 6 Million dollar contract. This guy is as advertised, one of the best stretch passers in the league and moves the rock quick. Holding a 134-78-10 overall AHL record, Royal knows how to win in the AHL. Royal came off of a 19-8-0 37 point season last year and I fully expect him to match that if not surpass that. I like this signing. Nice job @MattAdoresDanna

@DrDerk6 @ 5.75 Million to the :team349:Rockford IceHogs:team349:

Derk has established himself as a very solid LD over the course of his LG career. Derk is coming off of a personal best season going 22-4-1 with 33pts and +42. He looks like he is with a few buddies in Rockford, I think this is a great signing and I am sure he is happy to be an IceHog for this season.

@MommasWrongAgain @ 6.5 Million to the :team317:Cleveland Monsters:team317:

After my home boy went Back To Back he finally got paid. This one is sad to see as myself and Momma have played a lot of games together over the past two seasons. Cleveland you are in for a show. This guy isn't flashy by any means but he makes up for that in his own end, lots of low risk plays and mistake free hockey. You will be missed Momma, best of luck bro. Cup Check!

@Rico Suave TOS @ 4.75 Million to the :team778:Laval Rocket:team778:

This is a very under-rated signing. Rico has played the last couple seasons in the NHL and for the most part playing .500 hockey. In season 13 Rico won the Stanley Cup. It's pretty rare to get a Stanley Cup champion on a friendly deal like 4.75 million. Look for Rico to provide some leadership in Laval and have 18-20 wins.

@xPolskaaa--92 @ 6 Million to the :team777:Belleville Senators:team777:

Buzzville landed a big fish defenseman. Surprisingly after having 5 above .500 seasons in the NHL Polksa dropped into the AHL. It is no surprise he was awarded a 6 Million contract. He holds an impressive 205-114-37 record in the NHL while being a part of LG PlayStation since the beginning. His experience and leadership will help some of the DP's out on Bellville. Welcome aboard Polska.

RD

@SenatorsFan @ 5 Million to the :team777:Belleville Senators:team777:

Finally after two seasons, I got Senatorsfan. This is a guy I have tried to get for a while now. Happy Sens agreed to sign a two season contract here in Bellville. A proven winner in the AHL holding a 129-61-17 record and +168 I expect Sens to continue that play. Sens was top ten last season in take aways for RD. Top 15 in RD points. Also held the 6th best passing percentage for RD. Bellville got their big fish with Sens. Welcome to the team buddy!

@ThreeT38 @ 5 Million to the :team625:Colorado Eagles:team625:

After coming off of a 12-9-2 record last season as a free contract, ThreeT got paid. Three held one of the best take away / give away ratios in the AHL last season. A low risk defensive defenseman, I like this signing. I expect ThreeT to play a lot of top lines this season and hold his own. Great signing for the @X2x-SM00TH-x2X and the Eagles for this season.

@Domc0893 @ 4.75 Million to the :team517:Ontario Reign:team517:

Dom is another Back to Back champion. I am happy to see him get paid, this guy has better thumbs then I do but buyer beware he does toss MEATBALLS in his own end. Dom will have one of the highest point totals on RD this season. Dom you will be missed and I hope you have a lot of success this season. Still waiting for my wedding invitation. Cup Check!

@XBigJossX @ 5 Million to :team617:Springfield Thunderbirds:team617:

Not surprised with this one. Durgz and Murph were products of the Season 14 Rampage and now they have brought along former teammate Joss. Joss is an established RD in the AHL level. Holding an overall record of 53-17-8, it's no surprise that Springfield locked him up for 3 seasons. Springfield can check the top RD box off. Congrats @Dugzz l67l and @Murphwizzle on landing your boy.

@x-XArcticCatX-x @ 4.5 Million to the :team299:Grand Rapid Griffins:team299:

Possibly the best bang for your buck on the RD list. For people who don't know this is Maxlaglorie. A top RD in AHL standards, Max has also been reunited with @WheatCity_ (Tobzyy_). This is a great signing, Max will play the #1 RD role in Grand Rapids this season. @Mrlolchico13 you did your homework on this one, nice steal. Best of luck Max, you're a good man.

G

@JxBx1891 @ 2 Million to the Henderson Silver Knights

It has been a while since I have seen a goalie rewarded with a 2 million dollar contract, but I am not surprised its JxB especially after going 37-16-1 with a .777 Sv% and 2.68GAA. Henderson has to play this guy 6 games a week to get the most out of this contract. JxB is a great goalie. Best of luck to JB and Henderson this season.

@ghost_726 @ 1.75 Million to the :team519:San Jose Barracuda:team519:

After going 21-9-5 holding a .794 Sv% and 2.23GAA, Ghost was awarded the second highest contract as a goalie this season in the AHL. @MURPH0270 you did a great job here, you got a legit #1 goalie in AHL terms. Ghost will give you guys a chance to win every night. This is a good signing.

Written by @CrashMan67 and @B-Red94
    Thanks and great job to all management teams!
    PS sorry to Palm Springs and Henderson Knights unfortunately LG does not have logos for the teams yet

• Winner Winner x 19
    • Like Like x 13
    No Streaming Account
  2. koztomade

koztomade Well-Known Frenchie

Discord:
    koztom#8095
    Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -15
    Great write up, B-Red for prez

• Like Like x 2
    koztomize
  3. Xb-red94

Xb-red94 Warning Group

Discord:
    xB-Red94#0845
    Ratings:
    +516 / 12 / -19
    @CrashMan67 for prez. Always enjoy working with Crash. Lots of knowledge in that big noggin of his

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  4. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Awe shucks thanks master chef lets cook now

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  5. Dunsii

Dunsii Well-Known Member

Discord:
    dunny#0072
    Ratings:
    +207 / 26 / -53
    Great write up buddy, keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    bdunnny
  6. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    Solid writeup! looking forward to more throughout the season.

• Like Like x 2
    John_SheIdon
  7. G--P--3

G--P--3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gage#8345
    Ratings:
    +267 / 21 / -39
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Wiqked1

Wiqked1 Owner of szn13 Vville Tigres 62-5-5

Ratings:
    +695 / 19 / -95
    I'd pay $8m for that snow mobile in grand rapids

• Funny Funny x 1
    DZRUHPT
  9. Wxldo62

Wxldo62 Cup Check

Ratings:
    +787 / 22 / -68
    Good write up homie!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Stxvio

Stxvio Greatest Never

Discord:
    stxvio#0
    Ratings:
    +1,431 / 161 / -243
    • Like Like x 1
    Stavio_98
  11. olden-clavicle29

olden-clavicle29 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. bluedevil631

bluedevil631 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    devil6793#0
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -3
    Cup check!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Prochx9

Prochx9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dommy#7793
    Ratings:
    +360 / 29 / -62
    Great write up man! Appreciate the kind words :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. PAHWLISH

PAHWLISH Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PAHWLISH#6969
    Ratings:
    +139 / 7 / -24
    • Like Like x 1
    PAHWLISH
  15. Mata__95

Mata__95 Well-Known Member