AHL Post Trade Deadline Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by BryanAdoresLiz, Apr 11, 2021.

1. BryanAdoresLiz

BryanAdoresLiz My cats breath smells like cat food

Ratings:
    +282 / 2 / -6
    Well hello AHL!

I decided to get off the couch, dust off the ol terrible thumbs and GIFt you all with a little media write up!

Now I should warn you, that this write up will not include post trade deadline analysis, I used that title as clickbait, hahaha.

I will be looking at the current standings and basically giving you my 2 cents on what I think about the Bryan-less AHL this season. I just might pump some tires in this post, or break some hearts. So if you're a snowflake or an egomaniac I suggest you hit the back button on your browser.

Lets start with .......

EASTERN ATLANTIC

:team352: Providence Bruins :team352:

How ironic the first team I start with is my beloved Providence Bruins. Currently sitting in 1st place with a cool 1 point lead over 2nd & 3rd, it looks as though @premierplayer has built a strong contender to go after that 3peat for Providence. PP has gotten away from policing and Ac'ing everyone and focused on winning, and it seems to be working!

[​IMG]

Lots of vets on this team too. Would be cool to see them go on a run and complete the 2nd 3peat in AHL history.

:team314: Hartford Wolf Pack :team314:

I really thought this team was going to be a contender last season with all those DPs, NHL bid slots, good players on free contracts. They started off slow, and started playing much better as the season went on. Unfortunately the division was too stacked and their cold start really burned them at the end as they were one of those unfortunate 100 point teams to not make the playoffs. Datsy ran it back this season to get some redemption but I see he was banned and it looks like the team is doing just fine without him. This team should benefit from some send downs again, and lets see if they can go on a run. By the way, feel free to comment below and let me know why Datsy was banned because I have zero interest in researching it. Was it a team meeting that simply just didnt go his way?

[​IMG] <---- The rest of the Wolfpack players didnt seem too bothered

:team301: Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins :team301:

What happened to this team? I would check the standings after every week when the season started and this was one of the best teams in the AHL. They were right there with Belleville every week. Then......

[​IMG]

This team still has some good players, led by one of the best AHLers to lace em up in @Cornect57. I see youre still scoring lots of goals too Corny. Can this team recover and compete for a Calder Cup? I dont know, and the way they have been trending down who knows if a playoff spot is even guaranteed with 3 weeks left to go. I did do some research to find out what happened to this team (I asked 1 or 2 people), and some did say their NHL owner might have hurt the team a bit. If thats the case, always sucks when your owner fucks with your team, especially after you start the season guns a blazin. My sources could be dead wrong, or very accurate as can be. If its true, never fun seeing that happen...

[​IMG]

:team350: Hershey Bears :team350:
    :team393:Charlotte Checkers :team393:
    :team315: Bridgeport Sound Tigers :team315:

At first glance, it looks as though these 3 teams will be fighting for that 4th and final playoff spot. However, 6th placed Bridgeport is only 10 pts out of first. With 3 weeks left, lots can change in this division. Hershey has some solid players in @GrammyHands , @Toeffoli just to name a few, and they also have Mr. Absolutely who graces us with his awesome AHL media show every week!

I'm not sure if Im sold on the Checkers just yet. They have a solid G in @chadkillz134 , but my lack of research cannot help me identify other good players. They acquired the self proclaimed face of the AHL @CLXXK a couple weeks ago. Having an ok season so far at a high cap hit (No his fault), but far from the player he once was who won a goal scoring title in the NHL 10 years ago.

When it comes to Bridgeport, If I had to pick 1 of these 3 teams to sneak into that 4th spot, this might be the team. Lots of recognizable names in @alonzi401 , @MrFreddy1994 , @buckybear88 @dabears77_7 , @kickass8000 , @ll_19-Toews to name a few. These are good proven players, and they have 3 more weeks to get their shit together and make playoffs! Also nice to see @TheBobbyOrr4 keeping that GA/TA # down this season compared to that Season 13 -297. If you want to win that Best Dman award Bobby, cant be turning the puck over 50x a game.

I see these 3 teams battling right to the end...

[​IMG]

:team617: Springfield Thunderbirds :team617:
    :team302: Lehigh Valley Phantoms :team302:

Nothing really to see here. Springfield had a tough go from the start with no DP's, no NHL slots, and no players carrying over from the S15 Providence cup team (roster swap). Look for these guys to bounce back next season as it usually takes a season to build some assets. Lehigh cant keep the puck out of their net, and rank bottom 3 in goals against.

[​IMG]

EASTERN NORTH

:team777:
    Belleville Senators :team777:

Well well, who could have ever foreseen this? After 2 successful seasons in Providence and the cupboard running dry, @B-Red94 bolted to a new team with a billion assets (This is how its done kids). Armed with 45 draft picks, 18 NHL bid slots, and a GM who actually does work, I'm not surprised where this team is. B-Red (and company) have built a juggernaut of a team, and the stats show it. He brought along with him his buddy West Side aka @xMankii who lives and breaths NHL just like him. I swear these guys give up sex/women during LG seasons, because their focus and work ethic is like no other. This team SHOULD walk ass backwards to the finals. It will be up to B-Red & Mankii to make sure their guys dont get ahead of themselves, because we have seen many President trophy winners ousted before. I think maybe only 1 or 2 President Trophy teams have actually won the Calder in the last 15 seasons. Anyways, 7 weeks into this season, Belleville seems to have almost every one of their opponents on their knees...

[​IMG]

:team303: Binghamton Devils :team303:
    :team317: Cleveland Monsters :team317:
    :team312: Rochester Americans :team312:
    :team298: Toronto Marlies :team298:
    :team309: Syracuse Crunch :team309:
    :team778: Laval Rocket :team778:
    :team410: Utica Comets :team410:

I just cant muster up the energy or motivation to write anything about the next 7 teams. I mean, I should just keep using this space to keep talking about Belleville, because in this division, Belleville is the only team that matters. The next closest opponent to Belleville is 27 points back, that is just crazy. I feel like im taking crazy pills when I read that out loud...

[​IMG]

Ill just use this space to say Hi to some of my buddies on these teams ...

Hi @Pezdemic ! (Binghamton)
    Hi @MommasWrongAgain & @Deets39x ! (Cleveland)
    Hi @nazzy2face (Rochester)
    Hi @Chanderson17 & @jasonx1755 (Syracuse)

[​IMG]

WESTERN CENTRAL

:team299:
    Grand Rapids Griffins :team299:

I like this team. Lead by @Mrlolchico13 who is a very good player, this team had a very good S15 and have built off that and continued their success into this season. The division title is by no means guaranteed just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them at the top when week 9 comes to a close. @bigdaddino69 , @ChuckMTL- , @CorSnortzky to name a few of their top players having very good seasons. They also just acquired a very underrated Dman in @MuRder514 (Hey look at that, a trade deadline reference! Could this be one of the few teams to give Belleville a run for their money? Or is Belleville just that good?

[​IMG]

:team307: Manitoba Moose :team307:

Always love to see Manitoba do well. For those who dont know (incoming plug), I will always be a Moose for life. 1 of 3 lucky players to be on that Moose 3peat in seasons 5-7, something I will always be grateful for. Currently tied for 1st in the division, I would love to see this team add a 4th Calder banner to the rafters! Keep doing your thing guys, I'll be rooting for you in playoffs!

[​IMG]

:team390: Milwaukee Admirals :team390:

Another very good team in this deep division. My boy @jmm420 built a very good team before getting banned. Just looking at the talent on this team, I would not be shocked if they went to the Finals. 2 very good goaltenders in @Cxnrad & @iEskimo- . Defence looks good with names like @dufreZ , @thekiller9879 . And forwards loaded with @PAHWLISH , @xZlurpy- , @o S m i i t t y , @AngZ-x to name a few. Jmm has built 3 Calder Cup winning teams before, so lets not be surprised if this team has a deep playoff run! Maybe @iEskimo- can go on a crazy playoff goaltending run like he did in season 6 with us Meese...

[​IMG]

:team300: Texas Stars :team300:

@MattAdoresDanna first season in a while without his big baby bro with him. After a rough week 1, they shipped out the garbage and got the team back on track. My good buddy @AbailG93 having a very good season in Texas, Matt doing his usual thing, and @CrashMan67 rebounding from some tough seasons and looking like the good player he should be... SOLID (40 goals already?!? Nice!). They acquired some excellent pieces for their playoff push in acquiring @ROLLaBACKWOODS & @Biscuit_017 . This division is the deepest in the league IMO. A playoff spot will only be earned if they continue to win, otherwise, you might see the Wolves pass them. Lets see if Matty Boy & his other managers can lead this team to the promised land...

[​IMG]

:team395: Chicago Wolves :team395:

To me, this is the most surprising team this season. On paper at the beginning of the season, they looked good. @Blades-l59l , @skyre5 , @Astrrro-_7 just to name a few. Unfortunately for the Wolves, it looks as though they will be battling for a playoff spot for the rest of the season. I cant really see GRG, Manitoba, or Milwaukee falling hard enough to lose their spots. So its looks like its going to come down to a battle between Chicago & Texas for that last spot. I wont lie, Im kind of rooting for Texas to get that last spot (Gee, I wonder why?). Lets see how this battle unfolds the next 3 weeks!

[​IMG]

:team362: Iowa Wild:team362:
    :team625: Colorado Eagles :team625:
    :team349: Rockford Icehogs :team349:

The remaining 3 teams have a very steep hill to climb if they want to get into the playoffs. Iowa the most likely being "only" 10 pts out. But they will need a lot of help in order to jump into that top 4.

Colorado just too far behind to make a run these last 3 weeks.

Rockford currently on an 11 game losing streak, most goals allowed in the AHL, time to start looking to next season. Its not easy being on losing teams, and I encourage many of the players on these teams to stay positive and mature. Remember, your managers (most of them) are good people who volunteer their time for this, and they dont like losing any better than you probably do. Dont be toxic the last 3 weeks, just be a good team players. Having said that....

[​IMG]

WESTERN PACIFIC

:team618:
    Tuscan Roadrunners :team618:

This team has been consistent all year and have sat in 1st in the division since end of week 1 If Im not mistaken. Currently have an 11 pt lead for top spot in division. As long as they keep doing their thing and avoid a meltdown they should be able to secure this division banner. @Marts79 having a great season so far between the pipes too. Although teams will still be chasing, I see this team coming out of this division when its all said and done...

[​IMG]

:team516: Stockton Heat :team516:

The defending Western Conference champs had big plans for this season. After a crushing defeat in the Calders in S15, the only thing on their mind was getting back to the finals and finishing the job. They have been very consistent all year, have a solid roster, but I just found out from sources that @ClutchDaddy91 took an unfortunate ban. Clutch is a good guy and was sad to hear about his ban. Hopefully his teammates make him proud and guide the Heat into a deep playoff run...

[​IMG] <------- LeagueGaming
    [​IMG]<----- ClutchDaddy

:team517: Ontario Reign :team517:

Hi @Domc0893 !!!

[​IMG]

This team will make playoffs because the bottom 4 in this division are poo poo.

:team515: Bakersfield Condors :team515:

Another team that will make playoffs regardless how the next 3 weeks play out. The bottom 4 teams in this division are POO POO. Im falling asleep talking about this division...

[​IMG]

Henderson Silver Knights
    Palm Springs Firebirds

:team519: San Jose Barracuda :team519:

Sorry Henderson & Palm Springs, no logos for you, and no analysis. Same with Cuda. I wish you all nothing but the best for your next 3 weeks guys!

[​IMG]

:team518: San Diego Gulls :team518:

My good buddy @Noblood777 decided to tip his toe into the manager pool this season and unfortunately, he fell right in. Its been a tough season for the boys over in San Diego. I did not think this team would be dead last at this point looking back at the start of the season. The team on paper looked decent and I thought they would fight for a playoff spot. Things just have not worked out this season for the Gulls. Noblood is a great guy and hopefully that discord is still trying to stay positive because I know the results this season are killing Noblood. Learning experience for you this season buddy! If you return next season, lets hope things go better for you!

[​IMG]<------ Gulls season in a nutshell

Thats it! Hope everyone enjoyed the write up. Im going back to lay on the couch and eat cheezies...

[​IMG]

I wish all of you nothing but the best the next upcoming 3 weeks. Stretch drive!!!

Oh and remember, dont start talking ANY trash until you have won, and I dont mean a playoff round, I mean the fucking CALDER CUP.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    bryanadoresliz
  2. BroccNastyy

BroccNastyy Warning Group

Discord:
    Brocc#6087
    Ratings:
    +533 / 64 / -177
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    In Hockey Ultimate Team
    broccnee
  3. xMankii

xMankii Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xMankii#6205
    Ratings:
    +135 / 1 / -10
    Much love @BryanAdoresLiz

another fantastic write up, wouldn’t expect anything less

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Cxnrad

Cxnrad Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cxnrad#0
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -1
    "Maybe @iEskimo- can go on a crazy playoff goaltending run like he did in season 6 with us Meese..."

Bryan, no love man...... come on...... I can't go on a run??

• Like Like x 1
    iCxnrad
  5. iEskimo-

iEskimo- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Eskimo#4471
    Ratings:
    +51 / 6 / -2
    my goat brothaaa

ieskimo_
  6. GhostxBearx

GhostxBearx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ghostbear1805#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 137 / -217
    I was so looking forward to see what you said about Cleveland and then bam! Thanks Bryan!

GhostBearTTV
  7. MyNamesMino

MyNamesMino Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MyNamesMino#6788
    Ratings:
    +152 / 2 / -11
    Shadow GM for Providence here

mikeymino
  8. o S m i i t t y

o S m i i t t y Oh yea you like that

Discord:
    o S m i i t t y#5303
    Ratings:
    +213 / 10 / -14
    admirals szn

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  9. Wiqked1

Wiqked1 Owner of szn13 Vville Tigres 62-5-5

Ratings:
    +695 / 19 / -95
    No shout out to John Kenney?

• Like Like x 3
    DZRUHPT
  10. ClutchDaddy91

ClutchDaddy91 Member

Discord:
    clutchdaddy91#0
    Ratings:
    +446 / 11 / -61
    No Streaming Account
  11. Wiqked1

Wiqked1 Owner of szn13 Vville Tigres 62-5-5

Ratings:
    +695 / 19 / -95
    Is that bad boy C Daddy?

DZRUHPT
  12. Xb-red94

Xb-red94 Warning Group

Discord:
    xB-Red94#0845
    Ratings:
    +516 / 12 / -19
    LG needs you bro, I hope to see you lace up this upcoming season. Funny write up as always. Have some shawarma today.

Cheers bro @BryanAdoresLiz

No Streaming Account
  13. Villvon 10

Villvon 10 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Villvon 10#5528
    Ratings:
    +135 / 4 / -26
    My Checkers :(:(

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. ROLLaBACKWOODS

ROLLaBACKWOODS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +271 / 1 / -20
    Great write up Bryan!

rollabackwoods
  15. Deets39x

Deets39x Season 18 Calder Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +46 / 5 / -8
    Deets39
  16. ItsLordTrauma

ItsLordTrauma Well-Known Member

Discord:
    itslordtrauma#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 9 / -42
    @BryanAdoresLiz needed a better write up for Palm Springs. I'm disappointed lol.

ItsLordTrauma
  17. NotMazzy

NotMazzy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mazzzyyy_#0
    Ratings:
    +74 / 5 / -39
    Lake Erie Szn

No Streaming Account