S19 Uniform Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming World Jr Championship (LGWJC)' started by Bicktacular, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Bicktacular

Bicktacular Dolphin Movement Founding Member

Discord:
    bicktacular#0
    Ratings:
    +573 / 10 / -23
    Welcome, all, to my 3rd seasonal installment of the WJC uniform rankings. In case you haven't read or don't remember past editions, I'm a jersey nerd who enjoys seeing what people can come up with in WJC, one of the few chances teams in LG have to show some uniform creativity. I'll be counting down my personal rankings of the uniforms from 16 to 1. I looked for the dark uniform option of every team on streams (some of which were unfortunately potato quality), and these rankings include the whole uniform, not just the jersey.

Shoutout @BogCetti for this incredibly random assortment of teams in WJC this season. Nobody enjoys designing Czechia or Slovakia, so seeing some fresh teams was a nice change of pace.

The Lazy Tier

16. Finland

There's always one team that doesn't bother. With what I consider one of the better color schemes in WJC, it's disappointing to see Finland opt for in-game preset uniforms. I won't dignify their choices with an image.

The Logo-less tier

15. France

Here we see Team Finland adding what appears to be black to complement their light blue...oh wait, what's that? This is France? Huh, could've fooled me. I have no idea what the intention was here. Did they just make a club, name it France, and go with whatever uniforms it spat out? That would be my guess at least as these don't resemble the French colors whatsoever.

[​IMG]

14. USA

We see what I believe might be recycled uniforms from S18 team USA, with a decent color scheme, the always-popular horizontal stripe, and the lack of a logo to finish it off. In my rankings, I want to see completed uniforms. I know there are a lot of clubs that started fresh without many options, but everyone at least has a letter they can slap on the chest as a logo.

[​IMG]

The Sw- Tier

13. Sweden

Sweden usually has a pretty cut and dry uniform set-up that most teams follow each season. This one just doesn't do it for me though. I'm not a fan of the thick bottom stripe that doesn't go along with the sleeve stripes (looking at you, Maple Leafs). Plus the Wild logo doesn't really fit to me. Always find a way to get a crown logo for Sweden.

[​IMG]

12. Switzerland

Switzerland isn't exactly an exciting nation to create uniforms for, but these are just an odd blocky assortment of randomness to me. The socks don't really belong with the jersey, the jersey has an imbalance of white and black along the sleeves and waist, and why would you use Ville Leino of all people as inspiration for your logo?

[​IMG]

The Arm Gradient Tier

11. Norway

I decided to just make a whole tier for anyone who used the arm gradient jersey template. I understand its appeal on being a more unique style, but it's gotten more and more overused in recent WJCs and is no longer unique. Norway is at the bottom here as a country that I feel would've been much better served with more white in the jersey as opposed to so much focus on red and blue. The stripes on the socks are what I would've liked to have seen on the jersey as well.

[​IMG]

10. South Korea

The Koreans are on the struggle bus on the ice this WJC, failing to bring over any of last season's South Korea success despite squatting in their club and using the exact same uniforms. This kit isn't bad, but not putting your own personal touch on a club is a detriment in my eyes, especially as these jerseys weren't anything too special in the first place.

[​IMG]

9. Russia

The use of an eagle/falcon/bird/whatever on this jersey is nice given the usual Russian emblem. The gradient arms don't really work super well to me here, and these jerseys just leave me wanting more.

[​IMG]

8. Austria

Austria was the best of the gradient jerseys this season, but I hope everyone gives these a rest next WJC and reserves the gradients for an alternate at most. The arms and socks are heavy on white, but the black shoulders and the logo both work pretty well here.

[​IMG]

The Rest

7. Italy

The Italian team went full stereotype on these jerseys, slapping a pizza on the crest and using the red and green of the Italian flag. I would've liked to see them use red and green as accents with blue as the main color as Italy's national sports teams do in real life, but at least this is a unique color scheme in this tournament.

[​IMG]

6. Netherlands

I respect the hell out of Slovenia and the Netherlands. There are too many red, white, and blue countries, so fuck it, let's just use a cool color scheme. These are pretty decent jerseys employing the orange of the Dutch, but I personally would've liked to have seen even more. The Dutch soccer team goes all out on the orange jerseys, take your opportunity to go over the top with it.

[​IMG]

5. Canada

A red maple leaf on front was an easy choice for the Canadians, as they decided to rock black home jerseys that remind me of the 2006 Canadian Olympic team with the underarm striping. That 2006 team isn't exactly the one I'd try to model my team after given their 7th place finish (behind Switzerland of all countries), but the uniforms themselves are pretty solid. The only place I docked points from was the socks that seem mismatched from the rest of the setup.

[​IMG]

4. Jamaica

Why is Jamaica in this WJC? I have no idea, but it's different so I'm cool with it. This is a pretty solid uniform as a whole, utilizing Jamaica's unique flag colors and a pretty geographically relevant shark as the logo. The yellow on the shoulders makes the jersey seem a bit unbalanced to me, but that's my only qualm.

[​IMG]

3. Japan

Some managers take the uniform rankings more seriously than others, and @Lafrenyr is one of them. He specifically told me to wait until games yesterday to pull Japan images as he wasn't proud of what they have. The logo here is very nice, as well as you could do for Japan. I don't love the actual jersey itself as the striping seems very busy, and the red logo and red numbers on red sleeves makes a lot get lost at a glance. Overall though these are solid.

[​IMG]

2. Germany

Full disclosure, I had Germany pegged at 13th due to a jersey with no logo. @Chickenlegzzz heard this write-up was coming though and got to work on fixing things. Honestly the dragon shield logo is one of my favorites that you can use in the game, and slapping that in the middle of a German jersey with striping that matches the German flag is a chef's kiss moment for me. I have high expectations for Germany every season because of the potential of their colors, and these are very well done.

[​IMG]

1. Denmark

This might feel random and out of left field, but I've chosen Denmark as my top uniforms in the tournament. A nation without a ton of potential for creativity given the red and white flag, I think the creators of this uniform did the best they could. With an appropriate amount of white striping up top, a very nice lion logo, subtle accents of black to outline things a bit better, and a nice shade of red overall, I think these were incredibly well-done.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Bicktacular
  2. Chick Hen Nugz

Chick Hen Nugz Father of the Poultry Brotherhood

Discord:
    Chick Hen Nugz#8968
    Ratings:
    +460 / 15 / -43
    This was a s-bicktacular write up

• Informative Informative x 1
    chickhennugz
  3. l L3FTY l

l L3FTY l Mediocre Defined

Discord:
    lleftyl#0
    Ratings:
    +445 / 22 / -27
    l L3FTY l — 25/04/2021

how good do the unis look so far?
    i just asked cuz im 99% sure bick is gonna do the best/worst wjc jersey list

I gave them ample notice and they still ended up in 13th. I'm ashamed of you, @Martinook and @Dzingel

Jokes aside, Bick's jersey write up is quite literally my favourite thing about WJC. I wish Bick would do more media since he's got a really good knack for humour and his assessments are usually spot on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Patatoskr

Patatoskr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    patatoskr#0
    Ratings:
    +534 / 92 / -149
    Ahaha i was waiting for the write up. I also really enjoy it. But come on, the gradient look is unique. And south Korea looks great.

Many of these are same as last WJC. I actually really enjoy Jamaica's unis

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    patatoskr
  5. Bicktacular

Bicktacular Dolphin Movement Founding Member

Discord:
    bicktacular#0
    Ratings:
    +573 / 10 / -23
    Lefty is too good of a soul for me. Appreciate the kind words.

I like the gradients as alternate type options and they're unique in the NHL, but when 1/4 of the league is using them, they can't really be considered unique anymore. The use last WJC and this one have made me tired of them.

• Like Like x 1
    Bicktacular
  6. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +832 / 54 / -127
    You missed Italy’s grey sock alternates. @King Ryne

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Nyetminder

Nyetminder yeet

Discord:
    Ryder | Salty x 14#8675
    Ratings:
    +253 / 28 / -59
    i tried to go for something realistic
    Also didnt have a crown logo :)

8. Patatoskr

Discord:
    patatoskr#0
    Ratings:
    +534 / 92 / -149
    King Ryne is colorblind

patatoskr
  9. King Ryne

King Ryne Well-Known Member

Discord:
    KingRyne#1762
    Ratings:
    +154 / 12 / -25
    lol Italy is getting a remodel this weekend. also. South Korea's jerseys are beautiful

• Like Like x 1
    KingRyne
  10. Lafrenyr

Lafrenyr s46 Stanley Cup Champion and Conn Smythe Winner

Discord:
    lafrenyr#0
    Ratings:
    +402 / 25 / -64
    Broze Medalist forever. If only @xWobblyPopsx gave me GM and i could have saved the beauties I made

Nihon ga toppu

No Streaming Account
  11. Dzingel

Dzingel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +159 / 11 / -23
    Blame this on @Martinook not me I didn't make the jerseys
    Honestly you might even be able to blame @ScottyK
    I told Marty the jerseys were ugly but he didn't listen.

No Streaming Account
  12. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74
    If only we could have unlocked the logo we really wanted :( But EA doean't allow us to pick logo's hahaha... Also, I think our yellow alternate's with the boombox on it was pretty dope too. Nice write up. Now, to answer the million dollar question..... Why is Jamaica in this WJC?

Well, a thread came up in the WJC section saying "Ownership Applications", and at that time I was battling this huge blunt while watching the movie Cool Runnings. Sadly, they crashed and were not given any medals... but people were damn proud of them Jamaicans, no matter what. So, after the movie and the blunt was finished... I received a message from James Earl Jones in my mind that said "If you build it... They will come". So I submitted my name for Ownership, created a Jamaican club and Discord... and here we are today.

Thank You!

• Useful Useful x 1
    In Diamond Dynasty
    Sebby6138
  13. Patatoskr

Discord:
    patatoskr#0
    Ratings:
    +534 / 92 / -149
    As for countries I think people who apply for ownership should also pick the country they want to represent.

I would love to see Iceland and just other countries you wouldn't really see like Israel, Australia etc

• Like Like x 3
    patatoskr
  14. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74

Just be careful in your planning though. You don't know how difficult it is to find ice time here in Jamaica. We can only practice about 20 minutes per week, cause by the time we build our ice, it's melted within that 20 mins. Luckilly all our Games are on the road, and we face teams who can actually build and own permanently ice.

Go Jamaica!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    In Diamond Dynasty
    Sebby6138
  15. Lord 21 x

Lord 21 x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 2 / -3
    lord21x