BELIEVELAND!!!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by BigPaulerBrand, May 26, 2021.

1. BigPaulerBrand

BigPaulerBrand Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BigPaulerBrand#2319
    Ratings:
    +209 / 22 / -32
    :team317:To the Believeland Nation:team317:

What if I told you the "Make a Wish Team" actually came true…

[​IMG]

It all started back in season 37 when the good ole drum boys were cruising along looking in another run at the memmer that we have been chasing for seasons. S37 was the season I thought we really could finally make a name for ourselves and finally capture a trophy that we had been longing for since s28 for myself and even earlier for others. We had a group where we knew we had a legit shot. Killa was approached to gauge some interest in taking a team in the A and moving up and we weren’t really sure if a s38 was in our future. I personally wanted to get that memmer and skate off into the sunset and enjoy this “retirement” thing that so many rave about in the shout box. It's funny how fast things change though, the playoffs rolled around, we did our thing, and there it was a conference finals where I personally went 0-2 and just like the season before boom season over and the DruMEMville dream dies again. Another season ending with a sour taste and a lot of me doubting if I would ever actually show up and be ready for the moment. Another season, another disappointment.

Flash forward to the offseason and Killa had accepted a position to manage in the AHL for @DDW-_- @S4KIC @MeOyHoyMinoy and of course @Marr570 was coming along and Killa reached out to me and asked me to take the GM spot to go up to the A and take a team with him. Keep in mind this is the same Killa K that FIRED me in favor of another AGM after my abysmal performance in the s36 q semis (you guessed it, i went 0-3). All jokes aside I honestly didn't want to do it. I wanted to go back and chase a mem and was considering some other offers I had on the table to take a cozy do nothing AGM spot in the C. Shoutout to whoever had the amazing idea of 4 games in a night in the C because i knew then that I had to hop back in the Killa and Marr backpack and take the job in the A. 4 games in a night? Thanks but not thanks. So there we were the forever CHLers in everyone's eyes (despite all three of us having previous success in the A) moving up and taking the Iowa Wild and we were going to embark on a season where we really didn't have any pressure. Honestly, shooting for a chance to fight for a playoff spot, maybe sneak in just to say we made it, those were my goals for the season. Then there was the team swap, Iowa Wild no more and we left the cornfields and headed for shitty Cleveland. We were thrown into a much tougher division judging by preseason returns and management groups and at that point my goal changed to let's just not make an ass out of ourselves here and try and win some games.

The offseason was definitely a big hey welcome to the AHL as we had some decent returning assets if we could get them to agree to resign. There was a pretty damn good dman @xfdmx kill who wanted nothing to do with us and didn't even want to do a sign and trade and maybe keep a cheaper contract and go wherever kill wanted. Then there was some winger who ignored all of our attempts of contact and gave us the ole ego cause he prolly didn't want anything to do with us either. Shoutout to those guys who were the first to kind of get us motivated to want to do some damage in the A because we knew that people would throw us an ego and call us shit but it was off to a hot start before the offseason was even over. So we let it go and headed into the draft/bidding. Shoutout to Killa doing some decent little bit of scouting and landing us @Gbaby Waffles in the draft who played a big role for us this season. Then comes bidding, my first actual bidding as a manager and the NHL guys and Killa really helped me figure it out and we honestly put together what I thought would be a team where we could compete for a playoff spot and we might make it we might not but at least we had guys with some chemistry and it would be a fun season. We landed our guys from the Drum days, a huge send down with Jay, and we couldn't have picked a better group to build a line around than Fuzz, Bull, and Fawn. Those guys all came with their hard hats on and their boots strapped ready to go to work despite all the preseason bullshit. Coming out of bidding with the guys we got, we couldn't ask for a better group who really bought in to CHLeveland and instead of being toxic and wanting our right away, these boys bought in and were ready to roll.

Then there was a little bit of drama inside the CHLeveland room. Killa and Marr were having one of their little fights where they called each other shit and Marr wanted out. Marr was trying to do what we thought every big name we won in bidding would do to us. Luckily for Killa and I, we were patient, we didn't ship Marr out and we held tight. Shoutout to Bridgeport for waving Jude because that was probably the saving grace in Marr deciding that he wanted to be in Believeland and join us for the ride. Despite all of the uncertainty Marr joined us in the management group and idk about everyone else but I’ll take Marr on the team any day of the week. For all the shit people give him (most of the time I get it I really do lol) Marr on a mission is the last person I want to cross paths with if I'm playing against him. Shoutout Marr’s list of all the top lines they dummied this season. Marr was on board and we were ready to roll.

In terms of management moves during the season we really didn't have to do much. There were three areas we needed to get right before I thought we would really have a good chance at sneaking into a playoff spot and maybe doing the damage. The first move was the waiver claim of @Jude le Polski . I will give the little sound kittens credit because every time I approached them about a trade for a player they tried to get something for Jude. Killa and I had a conversation about trading for him but I had a feeling that they had to get rid of a guy and that Jude would be the guy that hits the waiver wire so we made the call to hold and see what happens. Then there it was, the Cleveland Monsters claimed Jude and the rest is history. Jude came in and did everything we could ask for and more. Jude jumped right in with Killa and Marr and they went on to win and win a lot including an undefeated postseason run. Then came the need to address the LW spot for the homies on the Fuzz line. It was a late Saturday night and I was playing some club with the boys and we needed a LW and I decided to invite @Marche x 16 from the shoutbox. We went on to smack two teams in the club that night and I knew that he would be the perfect fit. We made the trade to dump our “xfactor” from bidding and bring in Marche who fit like a glove on that line and they grinding all season and come playoff time they were firing on all cylinders and really came into their own and played like the line we needed them to be coming out of bidding. We then decided that GBiggie was the man for the job and slotted him into the lineup to complete that line and we were ready to roll. I will admit we got a little bit lucky having @Hockey Gent Gent sent down to us and we were able to pair him with @iCLuTcH x BeasT and they really showed up every night and were a great duo for these monsters. After those moves there was really nothing else for us to do. The boys were buzzing along and we held the top spot in our division pretty much all season long and couldn't have asked for a better regular season

Then there was our playoff run. Man oh man what a time that was.

The first round we took on the :team778:Rockets of Laval:team778: and they gave us what was really our toughest series. They battled and took us to 6. They made us nervous after a very good run to end the season and we were facing off against the manager we replaced and we were able to come out on top. Props to Laval on a great series and just one quick thing, @brekezy cup check?

Next we took on :team303:Binghamton:team303: and some of the Drakkar boys we were eliminated by the season before. There was a lot of hype around Binghamton and deservingly so as they caught fire at the end of the season after being given some send downs and we faced a familiar face in @MarnerToTavares who had put on quite the show in the A the last couple seasons. At the end of the day, we made quick work of the baby devils and were flying on to the AHL Eastern Conference finals and at that point there was no pressure for us, coming into the season making the playoffs was the goal and everything after that was a bonus.

The conference finals rolled around and we were again facing a very good team in the :team315:Bridgeport Sound Tigers:team315: and for us there were some storylines that got us a little extra motivation heading into the series. First off the obvious, it was Jude’s Revenge tour and it had reached its second to last stop. Everyone on this team wanted to win it for Jude who was cast aside by the sound kittens and all the hype surrounding them as potential AHL champions and Jude landed in lowly CHLeveland. Then we also faced a familiar face in @Sir Shacklet0n who was a dear friend of the Drummondville Alum. If we weren't gonna win it there was nobody else I wanted to win than Shack. Shack is a saint and has grown into quite the dman in the AHL now. All tummy sticks aside, the Jude Revenge Tour took care of business and Killa was able to add another team to his beautiful path to the calder cup graphic he made up.

Then there we were, the CHLeveland Monsters in the Calder Cup ready to take on the Stockton Heat. This was the first round where it really felt like holy shit we can do this. The boys focused up and threw away the baseball bats in exchange for the ole trust hockey stick and we went to work. We prepped like we had all season and we wanted this cup more than anything. The boys came out on fire up 3-0 and there was my moment. A chance to end the series in a sweep and finally say I was built for the moment. Well I lost and we had to wait another night to lift our cup. The next day rolled around and BANG the Chleveland Monsters had done it. The boys shut the door and we had finally won a fuckin cup. The Killa and Marr teams that would never win a cup were no more and the boys that were a “Make a wish” team in the beginning of the season lifted the AHL’s ultimate prize.

Now to the Monsters. I'm gonna run through the team and really shout out these guys for being all about the mission the whole season despite all the hate, all the chirps, and all the egos.

@BullBreed333 you were our big ticket item in bidding. We had never crossed paths before and Killa and I were kinda nervous. You might not be thrilled to be coming to Believeland but boy were we wrong. You came in here and you did your thing and were a huge presence within our team. You were always looking to grind and you and the Fuzz line really pulled up the big boy pants and came to play in the playoffs. Thank you for being everything we could ask for man.

@iCLuTcH x BeasT Where to even start with you man. I had played like two ECU games with you last season and I felt that you would be just the man for the job in CHLeveland. If you werent going to Broomtown (Fuck Toronto) I wanted you to be on this team. You came in here and you stepped up and backstopped us all the way this season. Everyone else in the Clutch gang should change their tags because they don't belong in your elite company homie.

@Hockey Gent somehow someway you ended up being stuck with us again. At times I felt like you were done with us and thought we were shit. There were times where I thought you thought my line was good for whatever reason. I'm sorry you had to deal with our shit all season but very glad you were able to come down to these monsters and go off like you did. No shot we are able to go this far and do what we did without you. Congrats brother.

@Jude le Polski i can only imagine what you felt like when you saw you were claimed by CHLeveland but you made the difference for us. You came in and dominated with killa and marr and were one of if not the top line in the A and then shit on everyone in the playoffs. If there was ever someone on this team that deserved this cup it would be you boss.

@fuzzmiller23 and @CleverFawn69854 im putting you together in this one because you guys should never be separated. After a recommendation but your old pal @PigsOnJupiter we went heavy on you guys in bidding. You guys were gonna be the ones that put this team over the top and come playoff time you guys come ready and willing. Can't thank you guys enough for coming in and being cool with whatever situation you guys were in. You guys shook off the rust and absolutely put this team over the top in the yoffs.

@Marche x 16 thank you for saying LW here that one night in the shoutbox because everything after that was golden. We waxed a couple clowns in club and that was the moment we decided you would be the answer to our LW problem. You came in and came alive in the playoffs. Cheers to the Calder my friend.

@Gbaby Waffles you came in and you fixed our LD issues on the fawn and fuzz line. You never once complained about getting called up or that we had you down in the C to start the season. You came in and did your job and I'm glad killa picked you up as our DP because you were a huge part of this run.

@SunBunBudZ thank you for carrying jay this whole season. I know from personal experience how hard it is to carry jay for a whole season and you did it better than I ever could. You and jay locked it down for the killa marr and jude line. Keep hitting us with those good morning messages but now you can add a cup check on the end.

@xJAYlive you can now officially leave us if you want to but how could you ever leave us. We finally were able to capture the cup we've been trying for all of these seasons. All the shit you got from us, all the jokes and the little bitch fits over the years and we finally did it. You know you were the rock and that line is not as good as it was without you. We were able to keep you away from @Flynner1620 so youre welcome for that but thanks for coming in and doing what you do best man. Nobody rips it like Jay rips it baby.

On to my lineys @Admiralcrap @IFoggyl @AvalancheFan133 and @Sham x 19 all the nights of club. All the complaining about each other (except for avs nobody ever has a complaint about avs) we “did our job” as much as it drove me crazy at times over the years, the comms were great and we did actually have a very solid season together. Sham you're actually goated, idk how you do it on the ping you play on but you locked it down for us all season long and have been doing so ever since you started playing with us. Shout out the young sham god. To admiral and foggy you boys stuck with me all season long and even though there were times where i doubted us or we doubted eachother, at the end of the day we fucking did it together. We win as a group and when we lose it's never my fault but we finally didnt go 0-2 in a playoff series and look what happened, were calder cup champions. I will give you this one. We did our jobs.

@Marr570 youre shit but thank you for trying to make me ready for the moment. You are one of the most dangerous players to play against in this league and I'm glad you decided to buy into CHLeveland. You led the way homie. Congrats on the Cup. May you forever cup check whoever you feel that you need to but just know you can't cup check admiral.

Lastly, @K11LA K 915 you brought me in and you told me that you wouldn't take the team without me. I'm so glad I decided to go with it and look at us? Who woulda thought? Not me. Getting to manage with you is one of the easiest jobs. The communication is always on point, we are always on the same page, and there wasn't a move made where we weren't both on board or at least heard each other out. We built a hell of a fuckin team that nobody thought would be here but were here and we are champions. Thank you for teaching me how to be an elite center, for teaching me the ways of management, and for bringing me back to go with you to the A after firing me a couple of seasons ago. If there was ever someone to learn from there is nobody better than the best one.

Thank you especially to @MeOyHoyMinoy @DDW-_- and @S4KIC for taking a chance on us and always pumping the boys up when we needed it. Even when you guys were out you still were pumping our tires and staying interested in what we were doing down in the lowly AHL. Big props to you guys.

One last shout out to the haters. @aCanadianGamer @Moisty Poods @ChiSouthSiderr @Breckeeezy @Best in Ottawa @RiCo505 @Daws x I35I @the rest of the AHL

[​IMG]

Believeland this is for you. ​

BPB out​

• Winner x 26
    • Like x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    bigpaulybrand
  2. Wreck It Random

Wreck It Random Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wreck It Random#1836
    Ratings:
    +580 / 37 / -56
    10/10 would read all 7,623,965,366,012 words again

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    WreckItRandom
  3. Lafrenyr

Lafrenyr s46 Stanley Cup Champion and Conn Smythe Winner

Discord:
    lafrenyr#0
    Ratings:
    +402 / 25 / -64
    Congrats fellas. Well deserved

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. BigPaulerBrand

BigPaulerBrand Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BigPaulerBrand#2319
    Ratings:
    +209 / 22 / -32
    On to my lineys @Admiralcrap @IFoggyl @AvalancheFan133 and @Sham x 19 all the nights of club. All the complaining about each other (except for avs nobody ever has a complaint about avs) we “did our job” as much as it drove me crazy at times over the years, the comms were great and we did actually have a very solid season together. Sham you're actually goated, idk how you do it on the ping you play on but you locked it down for us all season long and have been doing so ever since you started playing with us. Shout out the young sham god. To admiral and foggy you boys stuck with me all season long and even though there were times where i doubted us or we doubted eachother, at the end of the day we fucking did it together. We win as a group and when we lose it's never my fault but we finally didnt go 0-2 in a playoff series and look what happened, were calder cup champions. I will give you this one. We did our jobs.

[/QUOTE]

Also Avs there is no one i would rather stop streaming for than you. I cant believe i forgot to shoutout the Avs streams in this. Thank you for countless Avs reacts and moments on streams. Shoutout you for being solid all season long and still providing top notch entertainment for all of Believeland to see.

• Winner Winner x 4
    bigpaulybrand
  5. xJAYlive

xJAYlive Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xJAYlive#5720
    Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -29
    tl;dr

BigCalderBrand

• Winner Winner x 6
    SilentJay31
  6. RICK494

RICK494 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Rick494#8833
    Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -18
    Congrats boys enjoy ur retirement

rick494_
  7. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    • Like Like x 1
    bossy_22_
  8. JKeuler20

JKeuler20 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JKeuler20#3251
    Ratings:
    +7 / 6 / -3
    Go CHLeveland

Attached Files:

JTKeuler
  9. AvalancheFan133

AvalancheFan133 Making orgasmic sounds since 2016

Discord:
    AvalancheFan133#9539
    Ratings:
    +43 / 9 / -0
    Thanks Paul, you da best

• Winner Winner x 2
    AvalancheFan133
  10. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    wheres the tl;dr version?

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. K11LA K

K11LA K The Golden Bull

Discord:
    k11la_k#0
    Ratings:
    +1,399 / 101 / -76
    @l salty l

• Funny Funny x 1
    K11LA_K_915
  12. BullBreed333

BullBreed333 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BullBreed#6785
    Ratings:
    +409 / 28 / -67
    Bang

• Winner Winner x 3
    Bullbreed333
  13. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    perfect, thanks! Congrats!

No Streaming Account
  14. xFalsexHopex

xFalsexHopex Warning Group

Ratings:
    +530 / 71 / -120
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. SunBunBudZ

SunBunBudZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -6
    Good stuff, thanks bud, was fun man

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. SunBunBudZ

SunBunBudZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -6
    and trust me, jay does the hard lifting on d , im just there to protect the net

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. DDW-_-

DDW-_- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,499 / 73 / -89
    Cup Check.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. IFoggyl

IFoggyl Well-Known Member

Ratings: