Please Review! Official Changes to the Code of Conduct and Ban Buyout Policy

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, May 26, 2021.

1. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -519
    If u have proof of this you should bring it to the attention of brodie and the bogs.

premierplayer
  2. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Showing proof serves no purpose now.

What are they going to do? A guy sent a league wide message about his team cheating to win a cup and the league did nothing lol. They ain't gonna do shit.

No Streaming Account
  3. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I was the one who approved the bans for those kinds of slurs and issues. I was overruled, these are the new changes.
    In some cases and depending on where you work this is the reality.

This does happen in some instants as well

You gave them the opportunity to gain that an advantage on you by saying a slur tho... There are less than 1% of the community receiving ban for slurs every season. The issue isn't that someone dug up the comments you made, the issue is you made the comments in the first place. It is good you owned up to that when we came to you, but I don't see how you should catch a break based on how long ago it was said.

That is def an issue, but when we go to people about their comments, those who have been impersonated, it is the first thing they bring forward. You are right it is hard to prove and we need to take those issues with a grain of salt

LeagueGamingOfficial
  4. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    What are you referencing?

LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Coyotes winning a cup a few seasons ago forcing a guy to sit to ECU their NHL caliber player being in the AHL. Called working around the rule book which technically is bannable but no one did anything.

Guy went out to apologize to every team they faced in that run for allowing it to happen. None of the managers got any backlash.

But when there was no rule about doing the Bidding on forwards to play D and D to play Fwd and pulling the whole switch-a-roo... Managers who attempted it were told they'd get in a lot of trouble if they were caught doing that. They didn't do anything against the rules, but they were "working around it"

Again.. Lacks consistency.

No Streaming Account
  6. CTastik91

CTastik91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    If you were overruled, who is responsible? Tris? Sponsors? I don’t think marginalizing LGBT members as less important than racial slurs is something the site or a sponsor will want on social media…

No Streaming Account
  7. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Tris made the ruling adjustments after Hxndy's ban appeal a few weeks ago which lead to these current adjustments to all our policies.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    An issue that never came forward until the following season. An issue COMPLETELY unrelated to overall topics outlined in this thread.

seems like you have a ton of issues with some past rulings. Perhaps you should sauce me a DM and we can go over those case by case because right now this doesn't seem to be form for it

LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. CTastik91

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    @Tris10 could you please speak on this whenever you can? This is pretty upsetting.

No Streaming Account
  10. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    How is this unrelated to this post Brodie? The COC and rulebook is so subjective to how the BOGs and yourself feel about certain situations. You just said this came out the following season so nothing can be done yet tell Salty his words from a while back can be used against him in the future.

How are those 2 different?

I don't need to DM you cause every time I've done it you've told me I was right but there was nothing you could do about it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. GrittyWitty856

GrittyWitty856 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GrittyWitty856#7827
    Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -8
    Suggestion, should worry more about 2nd taggers (people with multiple accounts) then Slurs in my opinion . Seeing how the Mem Cup went down the last 2 season it’s not sitting well with a lot of people especially this past season playoffs with Tri City. Seeing how Portland got kicked out for the same thing that Tri City did this season. Worst part is everyone knew about both teams Portland S15 and Tri City S16 halfway through both seasons well before the playoffs started.
    Also another suggestion don’t let people “buy” there way back in for things they did wrong very counterproductive
    Thank You

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    GrittyWitty856
  12. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Salty#8634
    Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76

You're right I did give them the advantage over me by saying it in the first place, but your comment earlier quoted above literally contradicts what you just said above. Furthermore the truth is I shouldn't catch a break, however you can't have a statue of limitations in the rule book and then not use it when someone who had their feelings hurt or mad decided to pull the plug and file an AC to gain an advantage about stuff that wasn't even directed at or about them. It doesnt change the fact that it was wrong but the appeals process is to show why the ban was wrong and according to the rules and whats in the rule book it was. The problem is that the rule book is forever changing based on every scenario and every player. Its inconsistent and lacks credibility. Not one time in my conversation with you did I ever say I deserved leniency or benefit of the doubt. What I did was appeal the decision based off the rules that are in the rule book and you told me that the rules don't apply to you when reviewing appeals in the process and I have screenshots to prove it.

No Streaming Account
  13. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    It's pretty easy to, you know, not be racist, not be prejudice, not harass someone - sexually or otherwise, not threaten to harm people and then just like, I don't know, have regular interactions, regularly, like a regular person.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. CTastik91

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    No no no your rational thought isn’t allowed. We don’t like your kind around here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. MattAdoresDanna

MattAdoresDanna Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -5
    Happy to see that guys who get banned in season cannot return literally days later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MattAdoresDanna
  16. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    in my eyes what he said was a ban.

moving forward it would still be a ban, but the guy who sat in the complaint for as long as he did would now face punishment too.

Regardless of when it was said, doing nothing or saying “ya that’s a slur but since it happened a few months ago it’s okay” isn’t the messgae we want to send

LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    read the rule book

the statue of limitations doesn’t apply to serious issues.

A slur IMO is serious, which I think a lot of players agree with seeing as they want stiffer punishments for slurs.

You had ever right to appeal but when you read the wording of the rule the rule you tried to hinge Gour appeal on is not in effect for anything deemed serious.

moving forward is rule exactly the same but I’d hammer the guy who sat on that info as well.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    You realize not a single league on the planet right now goes to the lengths we do to even try and get and verify new accounts.

not a single league looks at the stuff we look at?

by all means I’d love to eliminate second tagging but what do you suggest we do that we aren’t already doing or trying to accomplish?

LeagueGamingOfficial
  19. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    And I'm okay with that. As long as the guys who cheat get the same treatment when it goes public.

But, as we all know, you're not as straight forward when it comes to that. Cheating is okay. Slurs aren't. Noted.

No Streaming Account
  20. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I think I’ve handled all the cheating issues I’ve addressed over the last eleven years to the best of my ability

LeagueGamingOfficial