Please Vote! Bossy's Brutal Bidding Recap

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by l Bossy l x 22, Jun 16, 2021.

?

Should we separate the AHL from the NHL?

1. Yes

44.6%
  2. No

46.3%
  3. Maybe

9.1%
  1. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Read the link I posted on here from the AHL suggestion thread. I can definitely further expand on that, but it would just be a waste of my time because the league would never consider this big of a change.

I really wasn't specifically talking about this bidding, it was always going to be brutal. In my opinion there really isn't much of anything that the league can actually do to get more quality managers interested in managing in the NHL. The only thing that might actually help is having a decent game to play for once (which is obviously out of LGs control), and even that might not help because a better game would likely see more people be more invested in Esports and less interested in LG. Plus the NHL is simply a toxic nightmare and people are done dealing with that shit.

The main point of my ideas would be to significantly help out the AHL because this league constantly gets the short end of the stick for literally everything. I've only been in the AHL for three seasons, and it's been mind-blowing how little the league gives a shit about the AHL (most of their own bogs have been constantly dodging the AHL to play in the CHL also lol). My ideas also 100% help the NHL far more than it hurts them. It's absurd seeing teams blown up every season, and it's absurd seeing teams get handed a shit ton of send downs and DPs each season.

bossy_22_
  2. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    With the current draft format and how much weaker each CHL draft continues to be, this wouldn't work. A decent portion of the guys drafted each season just end up back in the CHL, and a lot of those guys just end up back on CHL TC because CHL teams are afraid of calling them up and losing them to a higher league at any time. If you extended the contract length you'd see drafted players rotting on TCs for multiple seasons and probably just quitting the league. The best solution would be to limit the amount of picks each organization can make, I don't have an exact number in mind, but it's definitely something I'd expand upon on my AHL suggestion post.

bossy_22_
  3. Toeffoli

Toeffoli Well-Known Member

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Don’t matter probably some where out west
    Ratings:
    +592 / 24 / -69
    Love my 500ks

AnthonyLive
  4. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    I was in the AHL for 4 seasons and have kept up with it cause of friends and such for even longer. I really didn't see much of the shitshow you're talking about. Happens to a couple teams every season and it always comes down to the same things. Shit management and egos getting in the way. It doesn't matter how you change the format, this will always happen because of the human aspect of it and the reality that you need some teams to lose for teams to win. Even in the NHL you see real good players who manage struggling because it's a 17-player effort.

I think the format currently in place is as good as it's going to get whether you like it or not. banana leagues have tried many other things and none are successful as LG because of the ECU system and orgs being so big.

Worst part is, even with all that support system for every org, you still see a bunch of FFs every year because people have lives outside of here. This ain't not job. It's a hobby. We seem to forget this is for free and what we have as far as free league, is second to none.

No Streaming Account
  5. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I never called the AHL a shit show. I said the league doesn't give a shit about it. It's incredibly clear that LG cares about the AHL the least of the three leagues. My point is that AHL managers shouldn't have to worry about shit NHL managers ruining their seasons. It's an incredibly unnecessary aspect of this league. Obviously there will be winning and losing teams regardless of the format, but you should at least be able to be bad or good from your on doing and not from shit above you. Again, good NHL players struggling to manage good teams at the NHL level is their own fault and their fault only. They built the team themselves, with zero outside sources negatively or positively impacting them. I'm not arguing about certain teams having more skilled managers or having more assets available to them (that's an entirely different topic and one that only gets solved via a roster reset).

Yes, LG is miles ahead of any other league, but being the best doesn't mean that you can't still be better. If you read my post, the organizations and ECU system wouldn't be significantly different. AHL teams would just be protected from having every single one of their players capable of being taken from them at any given time. There would only be a pre-determined number of players that can be taken from them, and teams would know prior to bidding who those players are, so they can choose not to grab them or grab them at their own risk.

There will always be forfeits, and it's certainly not because of people being busy or because they can't find ECUs... It's because they no longer give a shit because their season is over. Again, just because LG is the best league, that doesn't mean we should just sit here and ignore obvious issues that can be helped or solved completely.

bossy_22_
  6. CLiiNcH

CLiiNcH Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cliinch#0
    Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -2
    Good read! Didnt ask to be 7.5 mill

CLiiNcH
  7. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    No Streaming Account
  8. Cokenetsxv

Cokenetsxv Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Cokenetsxv#0092
    Ratings:
    +296 / 15 / -38
    this is just punishing good owners for taking team.. they need ways to make MORE good owners manage, not less.

TheAlliane96
  9. Boogie x6

Boogie x6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 15 / -15
    Another season, another “worst contract” tally. Keeping my streak alive

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account