Draft Lobbies Suck

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by RGDeded, Jun 16, 2021.

1. JerseyDevils 27

JerseyDevils 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JerseyDevils 27#4349
    Ratings:
    +324 / 20 / -33
    I don’t understand how drafts killed club. If someone chooses to play drafts vs playing club then that’s their decision.

You are asking for the drafts discord to be more inclusive for people who want to play club. The gathering for club/6’s never changed… you don’t like waiting for drafts? Ok then go gather 6 like you normally would have… why has drafts stopped you from doing that. I don’t understand, someone explain.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. iggy i12i

iggy i12i IGGY

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -14
    You gotta be honest, club searching for any mode, 3s or 6s is 90% wasting your time anyways. You match the most casual, unskilled players and they just troll the whole time after you score a few goals. The only solution to club being competitive is for every top esports and LG team to consistently play club and never let the bad teams get to D1-2. I think NHL could benefit from a sort of Rocket League or Valorant skill based progression system where you can actually play 6s search club and match good players. That way you aren't only looking for CC's but maybe I am wrong. It's hard to find 6 friends of people you trust to play against other high skilled players that only look for CC's. Sucks matching against composure with a LGHL 3rd line or random shoutbox group lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Big Wet May

Big Wet May Well Known Month

Ratings:
    +244 / 12 / -26
    Chel 1000% doesn't have the player base to support that. Would be nice tho

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. CTastik91

CTastik91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    the only way would be cross platform :(

No Streaming Account
  5. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    Have not been in draft lobbies in a while now (since Hxndry and them decided to bring back the Pro lobby only or whatever). I do think people enjoyed, but there is always some people that take WAYYYYY too seriously as if it was the end all, be all and that kills some lobbies and killed some nights.

Otherwise I think it is fine. The issue with ELO is just that, anywhere you have a point score, some people will pretend they do not care, but they care wayyy too much. There is also the other end of the spectrum, where people like to troll more the people that care since they think it is funny, but then ruin the lobbies for others.

What drafts should have been is really just a way to gather random 12 and draft teams and play. But then people acted like idiots.

If people acted like adults and tried to win without being assholes, drafts would be great. But Egos and Elo took over

• Like Like x 7
    kipper86
  6. Hra-ow

Hra-ow Hra

Ratings:
    +1,449 / 166 / -474
    same shit on psn now too

hraow
  7. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    not surprised. its the same story. EGO and ELO takes over

• Like Like x 2
    kipper86
  8. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    I chimed in earlier with why draft has its issues but let’s also not let EA off the hook. If their ranking system didn’t put people in Div1 just for playing the game for more than a month, you could actually get more quality D1 matches and not need to rely on drafts as much.

a super simple fix would be to give your club CR or RP or whatever they come up with and display it while builds are being selected. People can back out if other teams RP is too low. And obviously they need to do away with that playoff crap. It’s just the worst lol

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. aHuff21

aHuff21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 16 / -20
    i play a shit load of drafts and i played a shit load of cc and club. club and CC did die while you were gone RGD, unfortunately. however the original drafts discord was a much smaller discord ran by players on top 6s team. when that discord died because again it became watered down, it was never meant to be a discord with chl ahl and nhl guys. however when more players kept getting invited it became watered down and then elo was introduced around christmas time of 2020 and that was its highest point then over time it got brutal. mike scott and fire created this new drafts discord which i recently tried to abolish but my paragraph was deleted. my opinion is club and cc was ruined by the shitty playoff format and overall terrible decision making by EA towards the eashl department which caused drafts to boom and now we’re here. i think the discord should be deleted. league gaming discord should just have a drafts section so guys that want to play during the day or whenever can and then the scrims chat will still be buzzing. but at the end of the day EA fucked us with eashl this year with the playoffs and out door rink bullshit. enjoy the weekend boys i love you all

• Winner Winner x 1
    ahuff21
  10. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    outdoor rink is def an issue, only way to avoid it is CC and the 2 things that you can do with CC is mostly scrims or rafts. I do not think it is a thing anymore where people will gather 6 in Chatbox and roll with it for CC. or at least especially during day time.

i dont think that rafts should not exist, but i think there probably need to be something done so that it is more a day/early evening thing. It is also 2 very different type of games you get. One is with a team you normally play with (probably most of the time) while the other is just a solo queue type mode. I do not see how you can remove reduce rafts since people who play rafts probably play itbecause they do not want to have to gather people and then CC.

kipper86
  11. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    it was fun as shit back when everyone in the lobby actually joined same party and shit talked each other. now whenever i play everyones sweating like every game is g7 and people get emo every time they lose. elo has completely chalked it

• Like Like x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Hullzeh

Hullzeh Site Founder

Discord:
    Hullzeh#9538
    Ratings:
    +151 / 30 / -80
    :popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 1
    Hullzzyy
  13. Moyrr

Moyrr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Moyrr#0737
    Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -2
    I like how everyone who says they don’t like it I’ve only seen maybe 1 or 2 times playing drafts.
    Maybe don’t take some of the stuff people say to heart and just play.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Moyrr

Moyrr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Moyrr#0737
    Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -2
    Overall I do miss club. Just getting a group of 6 guys I enjoy playing with and just having fun. I feel like drafts should be a last resort kinda thing where if you really can’t find enough for club. We could take drafts away at the beginning of 22 to see if people cared or not because people are gonna be grinding levels to get traits and everything anyway. But I agree with some people here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. BLGoalie

BLGoalie Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PowerPak#4826
    Ratings:
    +145 / 27 / -72
    Can I get a link to the draft discord? PM or here?

No Streaming Account
  16. BLGoalie

Discord:
    PowerPak#4826
    Ratings:
    +145 / 27 / -72
    If its competition that's bothering us with the draft lobbys help guys get better instead of purging I'm not in the xbox one but its crazy that we can purge a guy after one game I've seen it and been apart of it think about it how many "competitive" players or teams are there outside of the community of this league want better comp help guys get better when you get the chance instead of egoing

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. BLGoalie

Discord:
    PowerPak#4826
    Ratings:
    +145 / 27 / -72
    I meen shout out to between the pipes and that group coming put with a discord and website solely to help Gs get better

No Streaming Account