EAST Division WriteUp

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Jun 20, 2021.

?

Which 4 teams from the EAST division will make the playoffs

1. WSH - HeroicDuck, Briere, Parksy

80.0%
  2. BOS - Tendy, Odie, Sharp

80.0%
  3. NYR - OGxLowkey, Prince, Jjr

61.3%
  4. PHI - Kosmic, CJ, Windles

30.7%
  5. PIT - Kovalchuk, Terry, Lingross

57.3%
  6. BUF - Denahm, Dups, EasyMac

14.7%
  7. NYI - A1freak, Plymmy, Jhatch

5.3%
  8. NJD - LukeScheff, Herber, Kappy

8.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    This szn the LGHL has realigned the divisions to the COVID NHL format. LGHL will not be using the same schedule of only playing your division opponents but you will play them the most and in order to make playoffs, you must finish TOP 4 in your division

EAST DIVISION

:team14:@TheHeroicDuck @BRIEREx @I Parksy x I76I
    HP teammates TheHeroicDuck and Briere take over the JackAdams winning WSH capitals ran by last szns JackAdams winner Parksy and part time AGM @Coreymac27 until Parksy was won in bidding. An excellent strategy from the pair as they brougt in 2 free contracts who would go for 8M+ in bidding and grabbed Parksy in bidding at a good price from wiping his 0 contract.

They did an excellent job before bidding acquire HP teammate @Shockz on a good contract for a lonely first round pick. They brought back a number of very good returning contracts in @Sejje @Axey19 @Coreymac27 @justlax10 and @Swibz. In addition to Shockz, they traded for stanley cup winning dman and elite depth dmen on a great contract who can play on all 3 lines in in @Yonnnnnnn x 13 , one of the top cheap contract scoring forwards in @Shlarchey who if he passed more could play on top lines but is very good 2nd and 3rd liner who can and will score against lower end lines and finally and one of the most underrated goalies in CHEL @Ix Mazy xI. They went into bidding needing 3 fwds (their former owner @I Parksy x I76I) who they got on a good contract and then @ProMoe CA and axey and coreys former esports teammate and former top AHLer @KrxwcH If krawch is able to return to form and find some chem with his old teammates these forward lines could be some of the deeper ones in the league. The rest of bidding was rounded out @neestruck and @Pohloe and top fwd switched to G for some unknown reason in @x Fisher 81

This is one of the most talented and deepest teams in the league. They have a little wiggle room with 1.25M in cap but i dont think they will need to make many moves. The should be a lock for playoffs and in the hunt for the presidents trophy.

:team2:@Tendy@Odieeeeee@l1l Sharp l0l
    Finally Tendy and Odie team back up as a mgmt duo after a szn apart as players and a couple szns apart as managers. One of the top mgmt duos in LG history these 2 have always built great teams and both go for 8-10M+ any time they go into bidding so they basically have to own. They have Sharp at AGM who finally came back up to the N last szn and performed fantastically on one of the best contracts in the szn and he knows the A from the past few szns and helped build a good team from BOS last szn.

They have a couple of good returning pieces as Tendy jumped from CAR to this BOS roster bc him and odies LG liney @:wood: who has insane numbers any time he has been on teams with them and somehow won the Hart last szn bc the new awards committee needs a map @GrizGoal Additionally they return @Lebang 58 on a decent contract who came up from the A last szn a bit overpaid but proved he was worth it tearing up the NHL last szn as a norris nominee. They were able to make some moves before bidding which is always smart bringing in a few good low end contracts in @Dame l13l and @Paradis-7117 and @Flinnur who are good contracts just need to be with the right players and/or move the puck a bit more.

Heading into bidding they had a lot of cap and only needed to fill a couple of slots. They immediately targeted former Composure teammate @MarcoGoes5H0LE on C with a 10M 1 team unmatched bid for one of the top fwds in the game. They rounded out their FWD group with @KnifeVet22 and @Suzuki I14I who came up from the A last szn and had a good first full szn and who id assume will play with sharp and if they grind should be a good line. Finally vezina winning and cup winning goalie @Vaynx making the switch to fwd for summer szn on a somewhat hefty contract. They roudned out their D with @Next BIue long time veteran and top 1 nice newfie @Colonel20 (check you pass asssist) and former goalie on and off again dmen who hasnt played as much recently @StamToast who tore it up last time he played D in LG but that was awhile ago. Their goaltending duo they won in bidding was @Joshx16x and last szn BOS goalie @wtfkevo

They have a high end fwd core, 2 elite top 4 dmen and 2 starting Gs which sounds like a recipe for success to me. It will be interesting to see how they choose their lines and if some of the guys they got are active in playing together outside of LG. That is the only questionmark i could see with this team is chemistry but i think almost all of the team is happy to be with BOS for the season so they will put in the time and work to make a name for themselves and show they belong on a good team and can produce.

:team4:@KosmicEA@cj142@WingelsDGC
    Kosmic returns to his team sliding from GM to owner and picks up long time Cheler former top 6s player, still top VS player and elite util 6s player CJ as the free AGM along with analytic wizard @WingelsDGC who lives for advanced states and is a great media guy and solid defensemen.

They usually build a team of friends and have been very competitive the last few szns. They were able to bring back 3 of their better cheap contracts in @BTW8892 who has won 18+ games a handful of times and a lady byng trophy along with @Chrispy8120 on a nice contract for his production over his couple of szns and @Dmart Gaming who is a great player when he makes his chel returns and who brings chem to the squad with his buddies being on it

Heading into bidding they had a lot of cap and a number of spots to fill. Overall they didnt too too bad of a job. They were able to pick up last szn ANA owner in @Chriz aka Vein on a nice 4.5M contract who is one of the more underrated players as he took awhile off and only plays with his boys really. The next big name they grabbed on fwd was BUF GM from last szn in @EgoKiller43 who is one of the best util players in the game as hes an elite G, good dman and good fwd. He is a bit too pricey as he is their highest contract but hes a good guy and good player who grinds and understand hockey and how to play with people so well see if he can live up to the contract for PHI. They rounded out their last 2 fwd spots with 2 of the best low end contract guys it seems yr in and yr out in @BKx14 and @Tha Party Poopa who always seem to be on good teams and always seem to have success when it comes to LGHL, they just dont get the respect they deserve bc they cant seem to get on consistent and successful esports teams. Their D core they won was interesting, they got a nice steal on @B L A M E x 67 at 2.5M, they paid a bit too much for Darius @canuckftc12W at 5M but he is a good 2nd line guy and then @CHARAx33z and @shoco123 on a decent contracts and if shoco would ever grind like he use to he could be a steal and finally @Neil x 25 makes his return to the N after his first szn gettin passed around and having his confidence shot but i think this is a good place for him to end up and he has a bounce back bc hes been one of the better Dmen in the A for awhile now. They round out the team with 2 long time goalies in @drally20 who is the best playoff G in LG history and @TripAcez who has been one of the most consistent backup Gs in LG and can easily fill in as the starter.

This is a good team who has been in the playoffs and is looking to make a deep run this szn. They got fucked out of DET jerseys though bc staff decided to just kicked anyone for realignment rather than have them volunteer like in the past. They also got scummed by egghead @LemeIin which comes as a shock to no one!

:team12:@xOgLowkeyyx@HNZ Prince@JJr
    Og is back for his 4th szn and finally gets out of the west and more specifically the deadly Pacific where he has been one of the best owners but has seen 3 first round exits in 3 szns. He brings back last szns GM Prince but he makes the switch to D and they retain JJR on a good contract and throw him the AGM tag. OG has proved himself in his 3 szns in the NHL as being a great team builder and good player, the 1st round stigma is once that is hard to shake but really it doesnt mean shit, just means you ran into tough matchups and to be honest anything can happen in a bo7 as we have seen before. JJR and slim had the stigma for like 4 szns and then won a cup the next. Prince making the switch to D is interesting, i play esports with him there and he is good but i dont think its the right move breakin up him and JJ who were successful together last szn.

They have some good assets and returning contracts and get out of the east. They were retained @TertleToes who is one of the better rush players in the game that people dont know about and 2 of their 2 succesful cheap fwd contracts in @wT Basic and @l A7eX l. On the Back end the maintain 2 of their more talented players on good contracts in @Newwdle and @Landamov as well as bringing back HORN aka @Rampage l79l

NYR took to the draft per usual with OGs teams as he owned in the C for awhile as well as on PSN and Prince and JJR grind the 3s scene so the draft is still extremely valuable to this team. They were able to grab @YuungMat and @vSceebzx who look to compete for a calder this szn as one of the top rookie fwds and dmen. Heading into bidding they only needed a few spots and boy were they throwin money around tryin to find the right guys. They were able to secure former GM and failed owner @Kovalchukk
    at 6M which is a good price but will be interesting to see how he performs without esports teammate @Delta sLays who took a szn off after their failed mgmt team up but theyre 2 fantastic players. They ended up spending 6M on a PSN guy OG wanted in @budfly who OG made sure to let us all know he was being overpaid while his bid price continued to go up lol but he looks to make the jump to xbox and based on his PSN stats he could do some damage over here and make a name for himself. They rounded out the D in bidding with @BADxLARRY at 500K making the jump to the N who i think will be solid and then @xFizzii FINALLY goes back to D after a couple really good szns on fwd but then gettin no bid in the N last szn bc people said he stopped playing. He goes 4M which is a pretty decent price if he can return to his old form as one of the most underrated LGHL dmen in LG history as he always seems to do well just doesnt really do esports so doesnt get much credit. They are leaving open a roster spot as JJR told me we waived @bjjkdci bc "he was bird" lol so they will be ECUing @NeNe who they won in TC assignments and @Wrxsto who they traded for from TC (the old summer szn) 2 elite players who would have been great to have in the league getting to grind out 16 games for this team as 2 g7 LGHL dmen. Finally they grabbed another G in 3s lord @cmyyl who is one of the more cracked Gs ive played this yr who seems to make a lot of saves on scoring chance shots which is rare these days. They spent a bit more on him bc HORN has been a turd ans saying he wants to back up even though hes one of the better up and coming Gs who has made a name for himself this yr but decided to take a backup role in esports on a top team and has gotten a little ego ever since. Rumor is hes trying to get traded off NYR and go to SJS which is why hes been a turd lately but hes def one of the better Gs so far this yr, would like to see him embrace being a starter in both LG and esports.

They should be a playoff team in this division or at worst compete for a playoff spot. It will be interesting to see how Prince does on D and how Kovalchuk does without Delta and Budfly does making the switch to xbox. They are inexperienced on the backend besides Fizzi and have an empty roster spot to fill at some point but i think their rookies and goaltending will be good this szn and this team will be good.

:team78:@Kovalchukk @TerryNoLOVEx @Lingross
    Kovalchuk returns again after just missing playoffs last szn again but brings in a new free GM in Terry "The Knockout Tor" aka @TerryNoLOVEx Terry one of the top LGHL dmen for a long time now. The issue with this team in the past has been their 2nd and 3rd lines but it seems PIT did a great job with returning contracts and in bidding to add some more depth to their team this szn.

They were able to return @Klaashy @P3P1N x 89 and @friser x 10 who have been GRINDING club and i think will be one of the best 3rd line in the league this szn as well as @Bureee who seems to always win 13-16 games every szn which is good at that price. On D they brought back @Dolbec l25l who has just tore it up for them as hes been on their 1st line which is always one of the best lines in the league. I dunno if he is elite or if he benefits from playing on that top line and knows and fits his role well but he is fantastic at that contract and i expect him to keep that up this szn if he stays on that top line.

They had a number of open spots needed in bidding and did a pretty good job. On fwd, they LOAD up on 2 g7 contracts in @Stifmeister x 7 and @Beaudy x 91 at 10M each which has to be the first time or 2nd time thats ever happened with a team picking up 2 10M fwds. Stif will compete for the art ross like always as he is one of, if not the best scorer in LG history and then Beaudy who is a bit high but with Kovy worth it. Both Stif and Beaudy should have been the free contracts tbh bc Terry and Kovalchuk both would of went cheaper in bidding for sure and saved a little bit of money. However, both of those players are 2 of the best LGHLers so price isnt that big of an issue. They rounded out their fwd groups with all 500K guys but pretty good ones in @CaLL Me NiT who is a good scorer, @Levachkin who was one of the top rookies when he first came up but has fallen off a bit and is looking to get back into form which i think he will do with this team. On the back end this team did a good job in bidding bringing in 2 steals of former owner who didnt fair too well in @BlueLineKing7 who is a good dmen but just didnt have it as mgmt and then @Lingross who finally isnt overpaid and hopefully gets more into 6s instead of stupid ass HUT. They round out the D with @I StoNami I and @TheCoyDuck who makes his return to the N. Coy was making a name for himself when he came up but quickly turned once his dad @TheHeroicDuck traded him and he was unable to find a home over the next few szns getting into it everywhere he went which caused him to get no bid last szn in the N but he has a chance to redeem himself and i think he will do so on this team. On the back end they bring in @Villy x31 who is a good G on an decent G contract and then @Newf l9l to back up.

This team can make some noise as their top line will be insane and their 2nd and third line have been grinding and they have some better support on the backend for those lines this szn which should help.I think this will be a playoff team but this is a tough division so it will be exciting to see who comes out of the top 4.

:team18:@Coach Denham @Dups77 @Easy Macaroni
    Denham taking owner was one of the more surprising moves this off szn and even more surprising was him talking @Dups77 out of "retirement" and off of his sick 3.5M fwd contract to give it up and take GM as a Dman which is his main esports position but good on Dups for helping out an older player and stepping up to the plate to GM for a guy who didnt have one. This BUF team had a hell of a szn last yr finishing top in the division and surprising everyone but for some reason neither the Owner or GM returned so denham had to retool the roster to his liking.

He basically only had @darcou97 who had a great first szn in the N for BUF last szn and then @DxT Gerbe who took a hiatus from Chel for a few yrs but then came back on PSN and tore it up and didnt get a bid in the N on xbox and is on his AHL steal of a contract at 2M and is back in his old gen elite form.

The rest of the team had to be built through bidding which is tough but they didnt do too bad of a job. They went big on @Jxcou_91 who has just dominanted LGHL any szn he has played but at a big 9M contract which is fine but with none of his No Mercy esports boys but he is one of the best french LGHL players out there. They got a number of low end contracts and old timers in @theFiGS42 @Easy Macaroni @ScawtyPippen who have been playing a lot and have some chem, there just missing their boy @Rogers l4l who i think they should acquire if possible. They then grabbed Gerbes buddy @DxT_Marcotte_13 who has been MIA for yrs but makes the return. On the backend they picked up @I_Smash_Fatties and @Redmile89 who are 2 former g7 LGHL dmen and they got them at 500K and 4M. However, neither have had any success in LG recently and dont play esports or even seem to play the game like they use to, hopefully they show denham some love since he has faith in them and they put in the hours and return to their elite form. They then went out and spent a little bit of money on @I LouSkiLz I at 5M which was a semi confusing bid as he was 9-7-5 last szn and was 1.25M and now is all of the sudden 5M but he has had success in the C and the A the 2 szns he played and last yr was passed around to a couple bad teams so maybe he can show hes worth it here. They round out the Dcore with @zClmZy who had a great CHL szn in s37 and did solid in the A last szn and in his few ECU games in the N and @WAT7T who has not had much success at any level stats wise but who ive heard is a good defensive guy so it will be interesting to see who he is paired with. They finish out their bidding going big on @StonewallSieve who has become one of the top 5 Gs in Chel this yr at a huge 2.75M contract and then grabbing old timer @Zero Choice who hasnt played or been in the N in a long time but him and denham teamed up in the past and he was a good goalie in his day.

This team is not a lock for playoffs in this tough division and will be battling for one of those final playoff spots and they have a tough task ahead but i wouldnt count them out as they did a pretty good job building a team basically from scratch with only 2 returning players and a new owner.

:team27:@ZestyBumCheese @Plymmy11 @JxHaTch24x
    A1freak returns after missing playoffs again with old time successful VHL manager Plymmy as his free contract. Plymmy has been managing and dominating in the C the last couple szns. A1 has had a ton of success managing in the N but has not for some time. He looks to turn it around this szn and they did a pretty good job building their roster in my opinion.

They went into bidding with a couple of assets in @o Trash o Panda a westie who is one of the more underrated cheap guys who has done well in LG recently and then traded for "the best dmen in last yrs draft" - @xOgLowkeyyx in @RemaK Sky. They had a number of draft picks but the only one who seemed to crack the roster was @Toto I24l who i have heard good things about and im assuming Plymmy wanted from his time in the C recently.

Heading into bidding they had a lot of holes to fill and they did a pretty damn good job bringing in some veterans, some guys with thumbs and some a couple of former managers and award winners. Offensively their 2 big contracts were @Shxrpster who has been one of the better LWs the last 2 yrs and then @LNDxGeorgio who i think is one of the better 2 way centers in the league and has had fantastic advanced stats the last couple szns in LG and esports. Next they bring in @DDezo who has been doing great since coming to the N but will be without @PureRippin this szn so it will be interesting to see how he does. They brought @Reynoldsx24 back who has been with a1 the last 2 szns and must have made a good impression on him. They added a couple of newer guys or should i say guys who are getting another chance in @xI Higgins03 Ix and @quatch02 who i have heard nothing but good things about and are big in the 3s community but havent had the success or gave mgmt the chance in 6s so hopefully they do here and they could make a name for themselves this szn. No real big splashes offensively for this team on fwd in bidding but a number of good contracts. Defensively they need 4 Dspots and went hard (maybe a little too hard 9M) for former Norris winner @KSKrish who has been phenomenal on xbox since coming over and seemingly willing to play for anyone which is awesome and then @BUFFALO STAR 23 on a STEAL of a deal at 1.5M who ran BUF for 3 szns building a great team last szn and a good team his first szn. On top of Bstar they go out and grab @JxHaTch24x who has built a number of good teams the last few szns and gets on an elite contract at 1.25M and takes the AGM role. Having those 2 should really help him and they seem to have a number of guys with good reps which should help/ They round out the Dcore with the savoy vet and #1 name changer @Super lNaut who is always fine for 500K if he doesnt run for hits. The 2 Gs they grabbed were @Bizaye who was a steal even though he basically had the same name lol but he is coming off a cap ban and people havent seen him a lot lately and his boys dont play anymore but thats a good contract for him and then getting old xboxer and good PSN G in @zBernatchez who at 500K can be one of the best G contracts in the league if he prioritizes xbox over PSN but i imagine hes starting on PSN and then will backup on Xbox.

These 2 did a good job on most of their bids going for chem and then good players who are good guys which should help keep their teams steady as a1s team has been good the last few szns to start but then sputtered about halfway through when people stop buying in or caring bc theyre hovering around playoff spots.

:team7: @LukeScheff @Heber x 91 @Oshie77s
    Luke makes his NHL debut as an NHL owner which is wild and was one of the more confusing choices to get owner but good on him for stepping up. He did very well in the C last szn at 13-1. This roster was basically wiped clear but he brought in his buddy @Oshie77s aka LKappyL who is pretty gross at 500K and dicked on people in the C and impressed me in drafts whenever i played with him. They also traded for @FrankZTank6 who @DDW-_- tells everyone is gross at 750K but has been passed around a bit this off szn

They had to build the team from bidding even though they had DPs but no DP players cracked the roster for some reason. Their best contract won was @Letunov at 5M who signed for 3s and i dont think will stay there but hes priced pretty well. @Charwiener is their next highest player which is interesting as he also has no NHL games played but he did well in the A and dominated in the C so i assume hes boys with this mgmt group and should do well. They acquired @MaIkine who was one of the more hyped up players after his first few szns and then went way overpaid in bidding and seemed to become disinterested which is a shame bc he was making a name for himself and that happens to a lot of guys in LG which sucks. They round out the fwd group with @aPsychotik @Keenis VI IX and @lCLuTcH LaNg who tbh i actually dont know much about and look forward to seeing how they do this szn but that is to be expected from an owner making the jump from the C straight to the N. On the backend they went hard at the high end 2nd liners or high end 3rd line Dmen in @Heber x 91 at 5M who has vastly improved thanks to drafts and is one of the most improved players in NHL 21 and they talked him into taking GM which is good on him. Next they targeted @Sneakler who was a pretty damn good dmen for my AHL and ECUing and did well his first szn in the N last yr. His skill isnt the issue its his contract as it jumped big time from 750K to 5.5M which is why it was a tough bid however he is good and a guy and someone who wants to prove himself as a top end dmen and he certainly wqill have the chance to on this team. They grabbed @gulaggarytv who i played with in 3s league and was pretty good making his NHL debut at a decent contract. @Mantha returns to the N and he hasnt played since NAM but he was good back in his day and appears to have signed up here and there in the C and done alright. Then they round the dcore out with @GK KING207 and @JuoIevi who have done very well in the A and are making the jump to the N. Finally their goalies are @Finn l35l and @ISuper29I who are 2 very underrated Gs who i was actually targeting myself so we will see if they can help this team out by keeping them in games and helping these newer guys compete in one of the harder divisions in the league

This team is relatively unknown and projected to be bad but they built a pretty good roster and but it will be interesting to see what Malkine does and if this back end defense can rise to the occasion and show they belong.

• Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Informative Informative x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  2. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Opps, prince switched back to fwd

SweeT9LoU84
  3. ChiToWnB3atD0wN

ChiToWnB3atD0wN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +633 / 6 / -14
    TLDR

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    chitownb3atd0wn
  4. Raser x4

Raser x4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    friser#9526
    Ratings:
    +112 / 11 / -21
    Thanks for the media lou , keep it up , thanks for the good word , 3rdline grinder here :)

Go pitts Go

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. KosmicEA

KosmicEA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kosmicnhl#0
    Ratings:
    +129 / 2 / -14
    preach

• Winner Winner x 1
    KosmicEA
  6. Nata1e

Nata1e I'm walking em

Discord:
    Natale#9564
    Ratings:
    +1,004 / 162 / -202
    Too much positivity for the bad teams lou. Let’s get a little more unfiltered! Good read though appreciate the media

• Useful Useful x 1
    l_s4k_1
  7. Leveskii

Leveskii Am I good yet?

Discord:
    Leveskii#9686
    Ratings:
    +568 / 58 / -128
    Great write up Lou

Leveskii11