Please Vote! West Central Power Rankings Post Week 2

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Gvnb, Jul 2, 2021.

?

Who Will Win The Division

1. Milwaukee Admirals

20.0%
  2. Rockford IceHogs

40.0%
  3. Grand Rapids Griffins

20.0%
  4. Colorado Eagles

14.0%
  5. Texas Stars

4.0%
  6. Chicago Wolves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Iowa Wild

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Manitoba Moose

2.0%
  1. Jittsburgh

Jittsburgh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +185 / 5 / -38
    Hey AHL, this will be my first ever write up so any feedback is appreciated. Without further ado, lets get into it.

Current Standings
    1. Milwaukee Admirals 14-3-1 29pts
    2. Rockford IceHogs 13-3-2 28pts
    3. Grand Rapids Griffins 12-4-2 26pts
    4. Colorado Eagles 12-5-1 25pts
    5. Texas Stars 10-8 20pts
    6. Chicago Wolves 8-6-4 20pts
    7. Iowa Wild 5-11-2 12pts
    8. Manitoba Moose 4-10-4 12pts

Personal Rankings
    1. Rockford IceHogs
    2. Grand Rapids Griffins
    3. Milwaukee Admirals
    4. Texas Stars
    5. Colorado Eagles
    6. Chicago Wolves
    7. Iowa Wild
    8. Manitoba Moose

1. Rockford IceHogs
    Led by @T E A L x 17 and @brax96 this team has a lot of potential and decent depth.

Lines: l Boyle l-Velocity-Teal / BarDownBrad-Fedxrov-Broessler / Shawn_l24l-Naslvnd-JBrodiee

brax-Josi / Saladraider-Fakie Assassin / jojodevil-Eagles9412
    KingRussia- Date Mist

I really like this team, brax and teal as free contracts was a great start and with the help of the send downs from chicago they were able to spend 10mil on their boy salad without sacrificing too much depth. Rockford is well balanced and being able to pull south central server will even the playing ground. Although Im unsure of how the goalies will hold up as the season goes on.

Worst Contract: @saladraidxr salad is a great dman, but this goes without saying.10mil for one player is insane

Best Contract: @BarDownBrad72 This can be most of the team because I like a lot of the contracts, but brad is performing well for being won in ahl bidding at 500k.

Key Factors: Salad doing his best to live up to that contract and King Russia/Date Mist being consistent.

Potential Breakout Player: Eagles9412
    At 500k, if eagles can improve his record from last season that would give rockford some added depth for the 3rd line.

2. Grand Rapids Griffins
    Led by @mashle93, @I Risto I, and paid AGM @DavidxPrice. The Griffins are only a slight step down from The IceHogs.

Lines:DavidxPrice-Fromz l87l-BarzyTTV / Williams x12x-Bossy-Kaprizov / RJYorke-HabsAreReligion-Strife

Risto-Lord Finesse / gobigblue-Jakaytis / wreckineyez-mashle93
    Elegant Mullet-Cheevers

This team is more of a sleeper I feel like. They have a strong top line, a solid second line, and a third line that will win a lot of games because of pure chemistry. I also like their goalies. Definitely not a team to underestimate when you play them.

Worst Contract: @Achilles Strife 5.5mil is a bit much imo especially because he isnt playing on the top line but at least hes doing well with the bottom guys

Best Contract: @Jakaytis 5-0-1 with 11 points as a dman is great, especially for 500k.

Key Factors: The Bandits HC line being able to consistently win 2-3 games a week/ Fromz continuing to play well at the ahl level

Potential Breakout Player: Lord Finesse
    After a rough s38, Finesse should improve greatly playing with Risto and the first line

3. Milwaukee Admirals
    Led by @Wen I9I and @Guish l24l. @S1XTYEIGHT seems to be in charge of this team though. Going to be honest and say Milwaukee has surprised me so far. Post Bidding they looked bad and Hughes getting banned left them without proper management, so them being first in the standings is shocking.

Cant seem to figure out their lines right now but I will do my best.

Lines: lLindrosl l88l-KeBven-Txske / Bardsii-Ace-Lowdss / lSWAN89l-Lavoie x 97-Cuddmuffin
    BRYCE REDSOX-Biggie l23l / Wen l9l-Guish l24l / uknome88-PointsForStyle

TANK44441-DavosJB

This team is all over the place. They have made plenty of trades each week trying to find the right guys. They will rely on their forwards to outscore other teams as the defense leaves alot to be desired. I like tank as a starting goalie though. This team is either a few weeks away from either being dominant or completely falling off the rails.

Worst Contract: @Wen I9I and @Guish l24l although they are the free contracts, they arent first liners and ultimately will hold the team back unless they step it up.

Best Contract: @Txske this is obvious. At 500k, Txske is 6-0 with 26pts and has the team mostly on his back

Key Factors: Txske and his line winning most games and keeping the team from falling apart/ Lavoie finding his game again

Potential Breakout Player:TANK44441
    Tank really impressed me when I played him week 1. If he consistently plays that well he will steal games for Milwaukee

4. Texas Stars
    Led by @l R3X I and @I Steal Napkins with @Justdumpit re signing and being made AGM, its hard to believe the Stars arent doing better. They of course got Hudster in bidding and are looking to find success like him and Rex did in s37.

Lines: Eichel-I Steal Napkins-Tolerant / Cardoni-Hudster-Kaberle / JL l13l-l Glass 9 l-Bell l91l
    Mr WorldWide 69-TheRealProcess / Rex-justdumpit / WildMonkey-Fullsend
    Allenl34l-Cloutkaniemi

I like this team on paper a lot, it seems they just need to build a little more chemistry and they will be buzzing. All three forward lines are solid, however the defense could be better but the goalies can make up for it a bit. I wouldnt be surprised if they sacrificed a forward in order to get a top 4 dman though.

Worst Contract: @IHudsteR By default it has to be hudster because of how the other high contract is performing. He should be able to figure it out soon and make his friends spending 5.75mil on him more justified.

Best Contract: @TheRealProcess Process at 750k is a great price assuming he puts up numbers like last season.

Key Factors: Eichel and Tolerant duo/ Rexs line taking it up a notch

Potential Breakout Player: l Glass 9 l
    Glass was great for me in the CHL. If he can elevate his game he can be a force as a second or third line center

5. Colorado Eagles
    @xFalsexHopex moves up to the ahl and makes @R4ph Th3 G4m3r his other free contract. @Dugzz l67l has been made the paid AGM after they traded for him. The Eagles are another team that has a lot of potential.

At the time of making this they are missing two right wings so i will leave those open

Lines: Costello-SweatedOrb-Madhatterjoker / R4ph-Dugzz-? / Shotsy-Zegras-?
    FalseHope-Fleury / Grandpa Jagr-Black Fire / Centrulla-Allz
    Kebz-Tanney0nay

This team has some question marks (literally) but if they can fill those I think they can be competing for a playoff spot all season. Idk if they have a strong game 7 line but they have three solid lines aswell as a good goalie tandem.

Worst Contract: @Dugzz l67l I feel bad because Dugzz is a nice guy but 7mil for someone like him is absurd, especially when you look at previous seasons stats

Best Contract: @Fleury l8l even though fleury was a send down bid, he is still the best contract on this team because of the lack of good ahl dmen.

Key Factors: FalseHope not needing to be carried/Kebz holding it down in the pipes

Potential Breakout Player: TanneyOnay. I dont think Tanney enjoyed last season too much but its seemed hes off to a better start now. Look for colorado to have a top goalie tandem if he gets into a groove

6. Chicago Wolves
    @Cashedkush and @Willis x 97 are another duo moving up from the CHL. As expected they brought up some friends with them but after that didnt do much in bidding.

Lines: Willis x 97-Cashedkush-Hoots l16l / frostynightmare-Ookiiieee-Gilboy / Keiran-Sophisticated-NHL
    Turk-Martinez / waffles-Small / Raffl-SunBunBudz
    Zumeck-Primeauu

Im gonna be honest, there isnt much to like about this team. A lot of unproven guys here and no real top line is why Chicago finds themself in 6th. I do like the defense though.

Worst Contract: @frostynightmare nothing against him, but this contract might be the worst in the league. frosty has spent the past 3 seasons in the CHL and although he had good numbers it doesnt justify 7.75mil in the AHL. Not to mention he had only 8 wins last time he played a season in the AHL.

Best Contract: Turk and Martinez for 500k and 750k is great, especially since they have great chemistry with cashed and willis.

Key Factors: Primeauu finding his game/Small x 23 making his contract look worth it

Potential Breakout Player: Hoots l16l
    Hoots can be a force if he can adjust to AHL level play

7. Iowa Wild
    After ranking himself and @xT S P 0 0 N at 10th in the manger rankings post, @BozWPG surely hasnt showed it, as his team is struggling. They made @VVaGs82 paid AGM in hopes he can help.

Lines: Tspoon-MBell-NJSki / LazyKitten-TopTittens-Skoden / Breckeeezy-Boz-Mayers
    GI Joe-Joe Nahh / GR1ZZ-WAT7T / BALLZY-VVags82
    Bills 39-oTitleTowno

I like the forwards on this team, but they lack any top 4 dman or a starting goalie so thats ultimately their downfall. Curious to see what kind of trades they look to make

Worst Contract: @MBell91 self explanatory. His past AHL stats somewhat justify his 9mil price tag, but its clear seasons like that are in the past.

Best Contract @Breckeeezy At 500k this is a great contract. Partially makes up for Bell at 9mil.

Key Factors: Trading for solid dmen/goalies

Potential Breakout Player: If any of the dmen can step up, Iowa should at least have one complete line they can rely on to win.

8. Manitoba Moose
    Led by @SQUADCAV16 and @I Splinter77 I, the Moose may be beyond saving, since they didnt bother to spend the extra 12mil they had in bidding and have a 500k army for seemingly no reason.

Lines: Rofano-Fialah-Bard x 19 / Jayess-SnoCaps-GunnaFlip / Squadcav-Drake-Datsyukian
    Spooky Gabagool-Woodhands / Splinter-Sk1pp / Stat2377-T Hyde
    CAPNASTY-RouxLikeThat

Not much to say about Manitoba other than the fact they messed up bidding so terribly and really only have the cap/assets to acquire overpaid players down the road.

Worst Contract: Cant have a bad contract if you dont spend any money;)

Best Contract: @Fialah I like him and he would definitely produce on a better team.

No Key Factors or Breakout Player for the Moose. Really dont know what the minset was during bidding

Thanks for taking the time to read my power rankings. The other divisions will be out in the next day or two once the people working on them finish. Any feedback is appreciated and if you feel I was wrong about your team then prove it. Feel free to give me ideas for media aswell, Im open to anthing.

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 5
    JakeKRZY
  2. ItsCosty

ItsCosty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    costy0509#0
    Ratings:
    +161 / 1 / -3
    Good stuff, appreciate the media

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. DavidxPrice

DavidxPrice Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DavidxPrice#8766
    Ratings:
    +67 / 6 / -18
    Nice to have something written up for the ahl. Highly appreciated!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. All Worried

All Worried DEVS ON TOP

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -0
    Good stuff bud

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. M0VELlKEJAGR

M0VELlKEJAGR HFX

Ratings:
    +37 / 4 / -16
    Seems like these guys have alot of talent with ecus and bad availability players stepping it up and playing on different lines never missed a beat @Txske @Lowdss @AceNHL to name a few. It is a privilege just watching @TANK44441 in net well ....unless you're the other team

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    moveslikejagrtv
  6. mashle93

mashle93 Canadas Finest Export. Platinum

Discord:
    Mashle9393#3115
    Ratings:
    +304 / 7 / -10
    Love the content. Thanks for the time spent on this!!

• Like Like x 1
    mashle93
  7. TheBobbyOrr4

TheBobbyOrr4 Anyone need a pizza

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Skyhighsms
  8. Madhatterjokerr

Madhatterjokerr Well-Known Member