Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Best Settings for NHL?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Bruins37, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Bruins37

Bruins37 CHL Shitter | $0 Player

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    Finally got my third Elite Series 2 after the sticks broke on the first 2 and I'm realizing there are more settings than I remember.

While playing D, I find mapping one paddle to the camera switch button super helpful to be able to quickly swap your view back and forth without moving your hand position.

In terms of the stick tightness and all of the settings in the Accessories app, does anyone have any pointers on the settings that work best with NHL?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Chriz

Chriz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    carl/Chriz#7882
    Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -3
    Loose thumbsticks, mapping hustle to a paddle always seemed like a good idea to preserve left stick but I've never been able to get used to it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Not Greggy

Not Greggy Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,024 / 93 / -147
    Hustle to a paddle, and I recommend A to a paddle. Can A LT without having to take ur thumb off of the right stick.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Hoozus

Hoozus -

Ratings:
    +481 / 31 / -50
    freaky finger bruins

No Streaming Account
  5. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    Hustle on the left paddle
    Switch camera on the right paddle (but A or right stick click is good too)

I have my thumbstick sensitivities on instant and 5 clicks from the left. I find the sticks feel more responsive with this on. Can test it for yourself by making two button layouts and switching between them in practice mode. I noticed an immediate improvement in my 'thumbs' when I first switched.

Hustle on a paddle is definitely the best thing you can do though. Your left stick won't break. You'll have more control over your left stick because you won't need to be pushing it in to skate faster. It may take a bit to get used to it but it's definitely worth it.

And small tip on the paddles: take the small paddles and put them on upside down. Me and a few friends have found that to be the most comfortable position for them.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    eamonnjcf