WEEK 4 AHL recap

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by SgtAndyBoy, Jul 16, 2021.

1. SgtAndyBoy

SgtAndyBoy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sgtandyboy#0
    Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -22
    SINCE NO ONE WANTED TO DO IT AND I HAD SPARE TIME, I DECIDED TO DO ONE BUT DONT EXPECT ANYMORE FROM ME BC THIS TOOK TOO DAMN LONG
    (don't know everyone and don't know everything so don't attack me, ALSO not proof reading this at all so just deal with it)

EASTERN ATLANTIC:

1.Hershey Bears 51 pt 23-8-5
    L10: 5-5-0

with dps, send downs, and cheap returning contracts, Hershey was able to spend the rest of their money to find depth in bidding. they have one of the better Center core in a szn where the center talent is severely lacking which plays a big part in their current standing. many thought overpaying for chillison would hurt them but so far he's rocking a 13-3-4 record and has been worth the penny. imo, with all their cheap assets, spending to the cap was the correct choice.
    concerns: their top lines lost some games this week, not a big concern bc no one can win it all.
    Mvp: @iamchillson

2. Springfield Thunderbirds 45 pt 21-12-3
    L10: 6-4-0

Springfield has lost player(s) recently, Bigjoss was a big name that was lost for nothing, despite that, Duggz and co have done a great job surviving through the rough patches and continues to maintain their 2nd spot.
    concerns: for the price of their goalies, you'd expect them to put up better numbers, not too worried though as both goalies have solid track record of season with good numbers
    MVP: @VintageTrav

3. WBS Penguins 40 pt 18-14-4
    L10: 5-2-3

WBS has been a middle of the pack team this year, their send downs are helping them out a lot, and we all know guys like boldukov, tapoisse, and villvon are seasoned vets with a lot of good szn on their belt, but the main issue looks like they are lacking some depth. they did recently get stonerpoint but im not sure how much more depth that would provide for them. other than that, I do not see was falling out of 3rd
    concerns: depth as mentioned above, but I do not see the management crew sitting still all season and I expect them to make more moves later on
    MVP: @xMids-_-

4.Charlotte Checkers 36 pt 16-16-4
    L10: 1-8-1
    After 4 weeks, Kozmotode finally decided that managing was too much for him and took a ban leaving bingo in charge, as a manager myself, I and fellow managers were probably not surprised when this happen as his demeanor changed a lot during the szn. Bingo from what I heard barely speaks French, and they've been on a bad losing streak and lost some more players to ban, Bingo will have to found some quick fixes or I don't see them maintaining the last playoff spot.
    concerns: Charlotte is falling apart management wise and roster wise, I personally don't see them staying a playoff team by week 6 and will probably be passed by one of Hartford or Leigh, but Bingo himself is a solid player and I think he can carry his lines to some wins
    MVP: @BiNgO_649 for stepping up even though he don't speak English

5. Leigh Valley Phantoms 32 pt 15-19-2
    6.Hartford Wolfpack 28 pt 13-21-2
    7.Bridgeport Islanders 25 pt 11-22-3
    8.Providence Bruins 9-26-1

EASTERN NORTH

1.Belleville Senators 62 pt 31-5-0
    L10:10-0-0

I mean was anyone surprised? Bellville only has 2 fwd that didn't put up a recent 80+ point szn, one of which (brocc) was already on pace to do so if he didn't get sent down before last szn playoffs. B-red and co done a magnificent job with their extra cap space to get some big name players like cam to round out the many cheap assets they already had. their goals for to goals against difference is a whopping 87 which proves that they are an offensive and defensive juggxrnaught
    concerns: no concerns, Tampa bay irl got swepted by an 8th seed and came back the next year and won.
    MVP: @OhMyCam after taking a break from psn, he came back and started putting numbers like he never left

2.Toronto Marlies 49 pt 22-9-5
    L10:7-1-2

Marlies would be a top team in any other division if it weren't for Bellville, although at one point they were almost going to take a lead on the baby sens, they fell back a bit one some mini losing streaks. but after a strong week 4, they are where they are expected to be, their defence is strong and they got a lot of solid fwd, they just gave one of their top paid d man for krafty which made a lot of sense bc it seemed like they needed that one extra fwd to push them over the edge. they also brought in Pxstrank but they had to give on of their roster g away.
    concerns: krafty and pasta is not a sure fit as I write this, only time will tell if he will mesh properly with the team. other than that, I don't see much to be concerned about
    MVP: @MuRder514

3.Laval Rockets 47 pt, 21-10-5
    L10: 6-2-2

Laval has some really good player, the ones in management are also top players, they are in the similar position as the Marlies where they'd be a top team if it wasn't for the baby sens. despite that, it looks like they still need another player to push them over the top which im sure the management are already looking for. until then, I see them staying tight will Marlies all season and expect a first round match up
    Concerns: as everyone is already aware, the biggest concern is themselves. if they can keep the toxicity from blowing the locker room up, they'll be fine. I mean If they continue to win there shouldn't be any toxicness. right?
    MVP: @ltz0ver4u anyone that takes I team under him will have him as their MVP, he will provide you with lots of assets for your ahl team and will you out a lot at the AHL level, which he's been doing for them

4.Syracuse Crunch 42 pt 20-14-2
    L10; 7-2-1

Syracuse did a great job in bidding imo, one of the best was the pick up for Bilal at 500k, I played my first lg szn him when he was a c, I heard he moved to d but I never knew how good of a dman he is. they also got a steal in j peece for cheap after he changed his name to someone nobody knows. team looks overall solid and most likely secure that last playoff spot.
    concerns: not the biggest concern but if they want a deep playoff run, they'll need some more out of their bottom line, both in reg szn and post szn. maybe trades will fix it or maybe they just needed time to get it together. whatever it is, im confident clinch and his team will solve their issues
    MVP: @ChuckMTL- (I missed out on him by 250k rip)

5. Rochester Americans 42 pt 18-15-3
    6.Cleveland Monsters 36 pt 17-17-2
    7.Binghamton Devils 33 pt 14-17-5
    8.Utica Comets 32 pt 15-19-2 (wanted to note utica was built on 500 k contracts despite not having send downs or dp and and told everyone to trust the process most of those guys are gone now and Utica is last)

WESTERN CENTRAL

1.Chicago Wolves 52 pt 25-9-2
    L10: 7-2-1

After a rough week 3 for the top players in Chicago, they are back where they were supposed to be. the team is pretty stacked and got some of the best free contracts in the AHL. not to mention one of the best contracts in Astrrro. they look like a lock stat wise for a top 3 team In the league, but they'll have to reduce the amount of "rough" days if they want to catch to keep up with the other top 3 teams in the league. but that doesn't even matter, they'll be number one in their division and will be a top contender in the west.
    Concerns: going off stats, Chicago looks like they need a lot more out of their bottom line, specifically that 3rd d pairing (idk their lines but im assuming off stats that those are their 3rd d pairing).
    MVP: @JClaus33 he got them Archon Assassin for a non call up eligible tc that already used half of his ecu games. for those that don't know, archon would be a top ahl d man in this summer szn

2. Milwaukee Admirals 46pt 22-12-2
    L10:5-3-2

Milwaukee is able to have a solid team due to the fact that they had lots of dp who are, for the most part, performing well. they also have a top g in Murray and have some very good free contracts. as much as I like to troll and join in on the fun, I actually like bobby and thought that it was a good pick up by broski, do I think he's worth his contract? no. but its summer szn and its not like we had much choice. bobby can be a top d man imo when he's on his game. but sometimes he can get a little too aggressive and I think he knows that better than anyone. despite that, I don't see the admirals moving up or down from the 2nd position.
    Concerns: their bottom line looks like it needs some more support, at 5+ mill, diamond and his line mates aren't putting in enough wins. im not sure if their current 3rd line would win any games against a top team like Henderson in a playoff match. but they have good management and im not too worried as im sure they'll find some support on that 3rd line (spotter needs to be better for his price too)
    MVP: @XMurray30X

3.Colorado Eagles 41 pt 19-14-3
    L10: 6-2-2

Colorado has been decent this year as compared to the last 2 szn, despite that there is a huge drop off from 3rd place to 2nd place. hard-knock is a top d man and from my personal experience dealing with him, he's a good manager and I see him actively trying to upgrade his roster every day. they had a amazing pick up in Suzuki and have some decent contract players and should remain at the 3 or 4 position.
    concerns: they do not have depth that will push them into playoffs. theirs a lot of under .500 win guys and I know stats aren't everything, but sometimes they actually do. they also need to upgrade defensively, they are the only team in playoffs in every division but the Atlantic that is scored on more than they score but like I said, hard-knock should be already aware of what he needs to do and ill expect some trades from him. Maybe another goaltending change as well.
    MVP: @Suzuki2Caufield

4.Manitoba Moose 41 pt 18-13-5
    L10: 5-3-2

another team that is probably gonna stay around 4-3 in their division, looking at their roster after they have just brought in some new players, their depth looks a lot better than the eagles. they got some guys that have been outperforming this season as compared to their previous szn which is great. buttt
    concerns: they don't look like they have a line that can really compete with the best of the best. it also looks like they need more from the goaltending as they have a couple d man with very good records but still a minus in the +/- category.
    MVP: @sSacrifice

5.Texas Stars 35 pt 17-18-1
    6.Grand Rapid Griffins 31 pt 14-19-3
    7. Iowa Wild 28 pt 1321-2
    8. Rockford Ice Hogs 28 pt 11-19-6

WESTERN PACIFIC

1. Henderson Silver Knights 57 pt 28-7-1
    L10:7-3-1

Probably a top 2 team as expected, Doer had many send downs coming into the szn which he was able to maximize its full value, a lot of very solid players on very cheap contract. this allowed to to use whatever money he had extra to bring in some solid depth players like kickass. goaltending is also strong, and they also have of the the best group of free contracts. I don't see any team in the pacific catching up to them and they should have a easy matchup in the first round against whoever comes at the 4th seed.
    concerns: one of their top players got called up and as a solution, they moved a good c in Sidthekid of xjohhny. not sure if that improves them much as I know Johnny decently well and he even told me himself he's not a top player. either way he shouldn't have trouble winning games in Henderson. other concern is that their top line showed they can actually be beat. I don't think it'll happen often ever again through this season so that's not too big of a worry. Doer is a good gm and he will look for a solution no matter what.
    MVP: @xDoer3 both on the ice and on the management table (I didn't give him what he want for timebot haha)

2. Ontario Reign 48 pt 22-10-4
    L10:5-3-2

Ontario had a lot of dp and used them to their advantage, they barely had to make any trades and looked like a top favourite in the Pacific. they have the depth on offence and depth on defense. they even got some very solid goal tending.
    concerns: despite what I said above, things may take a turn quick. they got rid if some of their good dp bc of line chem issues and had one of their top players called up. the players that they brought it does not seem like they will bring back as much production as the players they gave away. not to mention the fact that they have been having bad avail issues which are giving them less than ideal lineups for lg games (unlucky and totally out of their control). most of their issues are out of their hand but id hope for them to get better return than what they've been getting. they had a rough week last week and will hope to stay away from another one. either way, I know management are working hard to not let their team slip
    MVP: @xCory95

3. San Jose Barracudas 48 pt 22-10-4
    L10: 8-1-1

My team, not many expected us to be here, I came into my first szn of management with no send downs, dp, and only 2 returning contracts in which one of them got banned first week. ask many managers to aim for me but all said no bc the lack of assets. despite all that cuda had 3 strong weeks (week 2 we went 3-6 bc of bans and ecu) and managed to tie for 2nd in the pacific. the team has already made over 20 trades since the start of the szn and will prob look to do some more. the cuda called up a starting nhl g from last szn for this week, and made multiple big trades that should add a lot of depth to the team. cuda should be a 3rd place lowest by the end of the szn.
    concerns: many of the players in this current roster are newly added players, they have yet to show how well they will mesh and only time will tell. not only that, but to add offensive depth, the cuda gotten a little bit weaker defensively, relying on goalies to bail them out. time will tell if the cuda defense can keep up with the best or not. if not, ill be looking to add to my list of trades. its game of thrones on the cuda, nobody is safe.
    MVP: @KuttnKornerz put up 2 straight weeks of above a .850 sv. first 2 weeks he played with ecu defence or else his sv overall sv would be higher right now

4.Palm Spring Firebirds 44 pt 20-12-4
    L10: 7-2-1

Palm spring has one of the better goaltending duo and has lots of depth and should be higher than they are right now, they got some amazing contracts on the team that are performing exceptionally well. fairman is an excellent manager and his team should have no issues looking to maintain a competitive team. I don't see them missing the playoffs.
    concerns: they have 1 Line that has not been performing as expected. (at least statistically in the win column) they brought in some new defence and have a some decent call up legible tc, time will tell if they'll need to use some of those call ups but they've been on a tear lately so I do not think there is much to be concerned about
    MVP: @Daveyboy-189

5. Stockton Heat 41 pt 18-13-5
    L10:4-5-1
    6.Tuscon Roadrunners 36 pt 17-17-2
    7. Bakersfield Condors 32 pt 14-18-4
    8.San Diego Gulls 25pt 12-23-1

NOTE: keep in mind this is just a quick summary and not an in depth analysis of each team, I just did this on the whim for fun during my work break so I didn't have that much time to do a lot of research. I was genuinely being unbiased and don't come at me bc its just a media post. if you have anything to add about your team pls do so in the thread. thanks

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    sgtandyboy11
  2. KuttnKornerz

KuttnKornerz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kuttnkornerz#0
    Ratings:
    +357 / 39 / -68
    THATS MY MANAGEMENT BANG ATTA BE KID

• Winner Winner x 2
    kuttnkornerzz
  3. Zkoivu

Zkoivu Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zKoivu#6042
    Ratings:
    +935 / 22 / -92
    Good read. Only thing missing is @MrFreddy1994 ‘s onlyfans link

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    zkoivu
  4. MyNamesMino

MyNamesMino Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MyNamesMino#6788
    Ratings:
    +152 / 2 / -11
    Palm Springs Shadow GM here. Yet another season :oops:@CFairman7

• Winner Winner x 1
    mikeymino
  5. SgtAndyBoy

SgtAndyBoy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sgtandyboy#0
    Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -22
    Dw I meant to write fair man anc co but I guess I missed typed

• Winner Winner x 1
    sgtandyboy11
  6. TheBobbyOrr4

TheBobbyOrr4 Anyone need a pizza

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    top write up by a top player

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Skyhighsms
  7. L__U__C__K__Y__x

L__U__C__K__Y__x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -2
    Great Job brother!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. iamchillson

iamchillson Beer League Backup

Discord:
    Chillson#1194
    Ratings:
    +201 / 26 / -51
    I love you. Thank you for giving me the ego boost I def did not need.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    IamChillson
  9. xDeedss

xDeedss Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +589 / 63 / -142
    Love it. good job!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. kickass8000