NHL 22 Beta Feedback (Gameplay and Bugs)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Aug 30, 2021.

?

What version of the game are you playing

1. New Gen (xbox series S/X or Ps5)

61.1%
  2. Old Gen (xbox one or ps4)

38.9%
  1. Bruins37

Bruins37 CHL Shitter | $0 Player

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    Vibration not working on XSX.

The "settings" should not be part of the "Play" tab in WoC, as this makes them inaccessible if you are in a lobby with people.

Loose puck scrums in front of the net / in the slot seem to have somehow gotten worse, total pinball and most likely the forward spamming up on the right stick will get rewarded for nothing. Even as a dman with the magnet x Factor thing + "No contest" ability it is very bad.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Bruins37

Bruins37 CHL Shitter | $0 Player

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    Also WHYYY does the game run in a higher framerate and look 10x better when you're watching from the penalty box in 6s???

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  3. NUTZnBERGERS

NUTZnBERGERS Well-Known Member

Discord:
    NUTZnBERGERS#3185
    Ratings:
    +201 / 8 / -19
    BUGS: -Chel Challenges menu will pop up mid game, I think it's triggered when you hit RT. Happened once in practice mode and got booted to the menu, and another time in 6s but stayed in the game. Random occurence. This is on X1X (old gen)

-Profane last name (Nutzenberger) was fine in previous games, due to the 'Nutz' part

• Like Like x 1
    NUTZnBERGERS
  4. xxtrimmyxx

xxtrimmyxx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +417 / 3 / -15
    I definitely notice something weird about the camera angles as mentioned earlier, even with the same settings as in 21.

It also seems easy to lose sight of the puck, especially on faceoffs or when it rims around the boards in your own end. This may have something to do with the camera, but I'm not totally sure on that. This holds true even after increasing the puck size as well.

I also agree Carlin is super annoying! That needs to be removed or at least an option to mute.

@Markz_51 - I do believe you can turn off the x-factor indicator in the settings menu.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. GhostxBearx

GhostxBearx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ghostbear1805#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 137 / -217

Lou messaged my owner and said if I needed a code to come this thread and post. Hence why you see all these people posting....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    In World of CHEL
    GhostBearTTV
  6. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    THIS POST @SweetLou9208

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  7. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Goalies are allowed to stand on the goal line in the middle of the net and not get sniped with wristers. Thats bs. Passing is so slow and unrealistic. Every backhand pass no matter what goes about 2 miles per hour which makes making plays and breakouts nearly impossible. Cameras super bugged so you have to constantly hit Y to switch back and forth camera focus from the puck to your player, not sure why that ever got touched and changed. Pickups from passes reek. Gameplay overall is extremely slow.

• Like Like x 5
    TheHeroicDuck
  8. Shxrpster

Shxrpster Well-Known Member

Discord:
    shxrpster#0
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    To fix the camera issue hold the select button for a few seconds and it will adjust like previous games

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    Is overhead broken? Looks like classic.

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. Disensitized

Disensitized Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Disensitized#9782
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Back hand passes are broken and move too slow, including charged passes/sauces making breakout difficult.

Bobbling receiving passes must be tweaked. Even those with high hand eye can’t corral passes.

One timer whiffs happen way too often.

Goaltender interference penalties are extremely sensitive and I think the penalty should be removed from the game.

The RB self sauce speed boost glitch is still a thing and should removed from the game.

Even though you can fix the camera by holding select, it should be fixed in settings instead of pressing select every play.

Overall, I like the gameplay better than NHL 21, but with a few adjustments, IMO would benefit the community. Don’t forget Crossplay for NHL 23.

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    Disensitized
  11. GiveMeDaPuck

GiveMeDaPuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    Servers are somehow worse, im npw getting 90+ ping on the "central" server...pretty easy non buy when the games unplayable from the west coast

• Like Like x 1
    Playing In Multiplayer
    GiveMeDaPuck
  12. Achilles Strife

Achilles Strife Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -3
    Screen is way too cluttered with the X-Factor icons and Chevron player indicators make it hard to see who has the puck. Let us turn them off and go back to the circle indicators. As others have said, the passing is horrific, especially backhand passes. It also seems like stick checking is back to the way it was last beta where you can swing defensive stick around like a maniac and never get a pim. I actually watched a replay of the guys stick push my skate inward and no trip.

The ability to view player builds from the lobby is the best addition to this game, so good job on that I guess lol. All in all I think the game can be adjusted with tuners to play well but not being cross generation will make it a forgettable iteration unfortunately.

No Streaming Account
  13. BullBreed333

BullBreed333 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BullBreed#6785
    Ratings:
    +409 / 28 / -67
    Things I like:
    - Builds are a great addition, a variety of ways to tweak your player
    - Game feels smoother with new engine and new gen xbox than before.
    - Menus are responsive and presentation feels much quicker and better looking on new gen.

Things I would fix:
    - Overhead cam is not the same, camera needs to pull back to match the one we played for years.
    - Passing is unpredictable, so it's not always skill that gets a pass to somebody or a passing "skill gap". Passing is just more random imo.
    - Goalies can just sit goal line and make saves like the 360 days, does not belong in the game anymore.
    - Way too many bumps and incidental contact situations, makes the game feel like there is no space out there.
    - Speed of entire game needs a slight increase, feels a bit slow
    - The deflections are way too OP, and with the lack of perceived space from incidental contact etc...one of the most reliable ways to get a high percentage shot is turds. Needs to be toned way down, way down.
    - Bring back older player indicators, a more solid color helps during more intense games peripherally.

Honestly the gameplay really feels like it needs quite a bit of work, but there is a lot of potential with this release if they handle it properly.

• Like Like x 3
    Bullbreed333
  14. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    Would like the option to show pre game if my pro is vaccinated or not vaccinated

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. WeekendNachos19

WeekendNachos19 It’s for fun

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -5
    If I could change one thing to the current build system it would be that all of the boosts get +4s and not have +2 boosts to the first 2 tiers of attributes. I spent significant time editing builds to come up with this conclusion. The reason is because as is the game is tailored to smaller builds specifically sniper, but to a lesser extent playmaker and dangler. These builds can add +4 boosts to the skills they are deficient in for example stick check, def awareness, deking, etc... However, bigger builds are deficient in the first two attribute categories which boosts only give +2's therefore it is statistically and mathematically better to build a bigger sniper and turn him it into a two way with +4 defensive traits than it is possible to build a twf/grinder/pwf/ that is capable of being fast and still has a shot. Make all of the boosts +4 OR boost some of the stats in the first two categories for the bigger builds so that they can effectively redistribute build points to be more viable and evenly matched to the sniper class. This uneven point system is even further exaggerated when you calculate the skills in each category that you can take away from to boost other attributes.

weekendnachos19
  16. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    Biggest gripe with passing is if I have to be in a controlled glide with reasonable vision to complete it, the same should be true for deflecting/intercepting it. Feels like when I'm in the lane it doesn't matter as much for my body position or the speed of my player, I can be full sprinting on a back check and able to deflect it no problem.

Goalies sitting deep aren't being sniped, I now it's been pointed out but reinforcing it. One timers being harder I think is great, but that also means that should go hand in hand with goalies having to be more aggressive on shooters. Even with snipers (and it shouldn't be a requirement to use a sniper to beat a goalie with an unscreened wrister).

It's not going to get changed I imagine, but the attribute groupings are really irritating. They put attributes together that have nothing to do with each other besides, this is what people put points into and we don't want them thinking they aren't 4th liners.

Some improvements in a lot of areas, but I think collectively it all adds up to a pretty unenjoyable experience. I think they're chasing realism at the expense of a fun/rewarding game. Yes, real hockey is random but when we're playing 4 minute periods (20% of an actual hockey game) I think you have to sacrifice some of that RNG for enjoyments sake and it seems they're taking the opposite approach.

I don't hate the passing changes, I think it's good that you can't blindly one touch a pass on someone's tape. That being said though, it feels random as opposed to rewarding. If a pass gets fumbled, why is it fumbled? Was the passer rating too low for how long they held RT? Was the recipients hand-eye attribute too low? Were they moving too fast? This constant ambiguity is something that's grown frustrating over the years, and a lot of the time the only explanation we ever get is by getting Ben Ross to individually respond to twitter clips (which we're not allowed to post), and he usually just tells us we're not in a controlled glide or our stamina is too low.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    The customization is a tease. There are perks I can't even use with a +5 adjustment on some builds. They clearly want to give the appearance of customization while having the similar builds as last year. Are there not small quick Twd or od in the nhl?
    Don't understand the size ranges

As alot of people said there is something wrong with the camera.

No Streaming Account
  18. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    Check your settings, you can turn off the xfactor icons.

No Streaming Account
  19. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    Also very hard to see who has the puck

No Streaming Account
  20. Garbzzzzz

Garbzzzzz LGHL Director

Discord:
    Garbz#9380
    Ratings:
    +1,118 / 73 / -341
    Pros :

Menus / Presentation
    Revamped builds
    Game feels a bit snappier

Cons :

Passing while more realistic is too random
    Receiving pucks is to random too
    Too much incidental contacts all across the board
    Goalies sitting on goal line once again
    Overhead camera broken
    Speed is broken, no difference between 83 speed 83 accel compared to 93 speed 93 accel
    Still no ''open all bags''
    Defense is too easy
    Offense creativity is barely existent
    Dangler build with 95 deking misses dekes at top speed 50% of the time
    There has to be a way to mute Carlen in the menus
    Puck size and highlight even set at large is too small
    Hard to tell who has the puck in puck battles in the corners

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account