* New * Season 40 Xbox LGHL / Season 18 PSN LGHL Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG McDonald, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    [​IMG]

A few weeks ago @Tris10 gave an update on the console direction we are headed with the LGHL on Xbox and for PSN. Recently staff has come to an agreement on the direction each league will be headed for the next season of play. Here are some key notes for you to be aware of.

Changes for Xbox
    After careful consideration, the decision to implement a FULL roster reset for the LGHL, LGAHL, and LGCHL has been made.

A full roster reset is something that has been at the top of the wish list for the community and is something that is necessary for the current direction of the league.

Deciding Factors
    • Xbox is going Next-Gen for NHL 22.
    • Elimination of multi-season contracts for S40.
    • More talent in the bidding pool.
    • Asset management/level the playing field.
    • Contract inflation from bidding/lowering cap ceiling.
    Implementation
    • Full roster wipe.
    • All existing contracts are terminated.
    • No players can be re-resigned from last season.
    • ALL teams will start fresh on a level playing field.
    • There will be no LGHL Draft.
      • This is due partly to the number of signups and due to the past season’s CHL rosters/training camp numbers. Many of the players drafted may not end up having a Next-Gen console.
    • All players regardless of status WILL BE in LGHL Bidding - THIS INCLUDES PROSPECTS*
      • This is due to the number of signups on Next-Gen.
    • We will also be restructuring our player statuses and who and what status can play in which league.
    • Every player won in bidding will be issued a 1-season contract.
    A roster reset will guide the new direction of the league as we head into NHL 22 on Next-Gen for Xbox and eliminate multi-season contracts. This reset will put every manager on the same playing field for S40 bidding. The talent pool in bidding is increased following the reset and will help lower bring down the inflated contract prices we have seen in prior bidding seasons. You have asked for this for numerous seasons and now is the time to implement this.

Changes for PSN

The following changes will take effect start this upcoming season for LGHL PSN.

NHL/AHL Roster:

S18 will not have a Roster reset, however here are the following changes:

• *All Team assets (Players under contract and Draft Picks) will remain on their respective teams to start S18.
    • *All 2 season contracts will be honored that were given out in S17 and any 3 season contract given in S16.
    • *All 3 season contracts given out in S17 will be reverted to a 2 Season.
    • *All contracts given in S18 will be a 1 Season deal.
    • *The minimum contact now across all league will be 750,000.
    • *All Draft pick contracts will remain at 2 seasons.

*In the past any CHL Manager that was management prior to the Draft had their contract extended to 3 season. Now We will not extend any contracts of Drafted CHL Management . They will remain at 2 seasons.

* S19 Since there will not be multi season contracts we will allow teams to resign 4 players from the S18 roster.

RA-V Players:

The rule will remain the same that all Veteran Players must sign up before NHL Bidding begins.

Any veteran that signs up after NHL Bidding will be made a Random Assigned Veteran Status and is not call up eligible for S18.

These players must adhere to the player limits defined in Article II Section Rosters and Transactions.

https://www.leaguegaming.com/esports/LG_CHL_Rulebook_Article_III.pdf

The only exception made in the CHL if sign ups are low. If this should happen we will advise to all CHL players the new rule.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I recently spoke on a PSN Podcast on some of these issues and ideas. Looking at these proposals there are still some questions to answer and decisions to be made. I am looking to have the change committee in place by Monday of next week to start hearing their ideas as well as bouncing our ideas off them.

At this time I do feel we have our finger on the League's pulse as we move forward. I recently committed to ensuring there is an LG experience for ALL of our current members coming into NHL 22 regardless if they are PS4, PS5, XB1 or SeriesX/S. I understand that it is not LG's fault the community is divided as we come into the new game but it is our responsibility to our dedicated players to try and offer something enjoyable.

At this time we all can assume that NHL 23 won't be offered on PS4 o XB1 so the jump to Gen 5 will be a MUST in the next twelve months if you want to play esports hockey. I understand that the current situation is more of a supply & demand issue but I do encourage everyone to upgrade ASAP if possible. As much as I disagree with the inflated price, having access to the x-factor version of the game does offer the all possibilities to play in events and leagues as the landscape may change during the game cycle of NHL 22.

We are exploring our options, and this week was extremely productive in our staff meetings. Next week I am looking forward to locking in our change committee, to really finalize the small details of all these big changes but also ensure we aren't missing out on other opportunities to improve the overall experience here on LG.

If you are interesting in applying to join the change committee, you can do it here ---> https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/nhl-ahl-change-committee.335703/

Also if you are interested in apply to be an Owner at the NHL or CHL level on either console, please do so here:

XBOX NHL ---->https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-40-xbox-nhl-owner-application.335671/

XBOX CHL ----> https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-40-xbox-chl-owner-applications.335672/

PSN NHL ---->https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-18-psn-nhl-owner-applications.335670/

PSN CHL ---->https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums...owner-applications.335531/page-2#post-2200374

Overall I am excited for the next few seasons. I understand we are going to experience some hiccups and likely not have the signup numbers we saw during the last three seasons. Which that being said I do believe this will set us up for the most amount of success when we completely jump to next gen for the future of the NHL game titles.

If you have any questions, my door is open. You can DM here on LG or on Discord at McDonald#2877

Thanks for your time and continued dedication to LG

Cheers
    -Brodie

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.