S40 NHL Management Pre-Season Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Miike Scott, Oct 27, 2021.

1. mikeychel

mikeychel Living legend

Discord:
    mikeychel#9499
    Ratings:
    +1,468 / 122 / -262
    [​IMG]

S40 NHL Management Pre-Season Power Rankings
    Created by: Michael Scott
    Synopsis:
    While we are missing 4 Owners (see the bottom of the list), we are close enough to bidding to begin making power rankings, tiers and lists. Below is my official pre-season power rankings for management duos in LGHL. The rankings are based on resume, current skill, previous management experience, expectations, etc and are solely my opinion.

*These rankings will be updated when the last 4 spots are filled and logos updated when/if realignment is completed.

1) @JusDePomme_aha & @Gabseh :team20:

Accolades: Multiple E-Sports titles, 1880 combined LGHL Pts, Multiple Hart Trophies, Multiple Gold Medals, etc
    Brief: Two of the more prolific names in the E-Sports landscape over the past few years, Rocket+Gabseh team up in search of an accolade neither holds: the Lord Stanley. After a strong showing together in s38 with a sour playoff run, I think this might be the year for R&G to add the only trophy they are missing. From personal experience, Gabseh is DANGEROUS in NHL22 and think he will stand out early.

2) @Hxndry & @x Fisher 81 :team8:

Accolades: 5x Stanley Cups, Multiple E-Sports titles, 1964 combined LGHL Pts, Recent SC champs (s38)
    Brief: *DISCLAIMER* This is assuming these two weirdos switch back to FWD prior to bidding. Otherwise, would probably push them down in the 5-8 range. Much like Rocket+Gabseh, Hendry and Fisher have a strong e-sports resume that has certainly translated to LG time after time. Unlike R+G, these two have some serious LG hardware with 5 combined Stanley Cups including their s38 run.

3) @l Dings l & @Gilleh :team10:

Accolades: 4x Stanley Cups, 2x Esports titles, Jack Adams, Mem Cup, 1380 combined LGHL Pts
    Brief: One of the most talked about duos heading into S40, Dings and Gilleh bring by far the best 1,2 punch at RW in the league including arguable the best RW in the game at the moment (Gilbo Baggins). They haven't won a SC since S31 but the resume is still strong. My only hesitation is Gilleh's last run in MGMT with Arizona which ended in disappointment but I believe in Dings when it comes to building a team.

4) @Burnsy x 95 & @LemeIin :team74:

Accolades: 2x Stanley Cups, multiple gold medals, multiple division titles
    Brief: Coming off of his S39 title, Lemelin jumps in the backseat of Burnsy's station wagon. After a season off, Burnsy returns to manage the Canes in pursuit of revenge for s37 where a top team (CHI) lost to me in RD2. There are some familiar faces I expect to land on this squad and can't imagine they dont secure a top 2-3 seed with ease.

5) @SweetLou9208 & @Melvin x 94 :team391:

Accolades: 1x Stanley Cup, 5x Presidents Trophy, 2x Jack Adams, 2255 combined LGHL Pts.
    Brief: This seems like a match made in heaven after the past few seasons. Both managers are known for 'getting their guys' - Melvin has a strong resume built off of having incredible regular seasons and falling short (minus S36) and SweetLou is still looking for his first cup after 680 games. I will be very interested to see whose 'guys' end up on this team but I would be shocked if this duo is not a top tier team.

6) Call Me Jakoo & TBD :team15:

Accolades: 1x Stanley Cup, 4x ESports titles, Selke, 1112 career LGHL Pts.
    Brief: At the current moment, I am not sure who the GM for SJS will be but it will clearly be a stud. Jakoo has made lethal rosters over and over again but has lost a little momentum in the past 2 seasons. After winning S37, Jakoo will look to get back to the top.

7) @ImLxziee- & @Time2Shineee

Accolades: 1x Esports title, 153 pts combined in S39
    Brief: Two of the more dominant PSNers who have invaded the Xbox side, Lazie and T2S should be able to build off of Lazie's previous season (w/ Doumolin) and float among the top few seeds for the entire season. Both players look really good in NHL22 and will have an immediate advantage over 85% of the managers when it comes to plucking the top tier PSNers for this upcoming bidding.

8) @TheHeroicDuck & @DDW-_- :team4:

Accolades: 2x Stanley Cups, 2x Presidents Cup, 1x Esports title, 2x Gold Medals, 1x GM of the year
    Brief: Both of these guys have struggled a bit in recent seasons but definitely have a strong resume and a nice FWD+DEF combo as a management duo. Having arguable the second best DEF manager gives Philly a leg up heading into bidding with two managers who have something to prove.

9) @Nuge & @KosmicEA :team21:

Accolades: 3x Esports titles, 3x Gold Medals
    Brief: Peanut Butter + Jelly, Nuge + M̶a̶n̶ ̶B̶u̶n̶ (Kosmic). This lovable duo finally unites after Nuge spent most of s39 rooting harder for Kosmic's Flyers than our Lightning. Similar to Duck and DDW, having a good dman prior to bidding seems to be scarce throughout management so I give a bit of a leg up to this pair. I've also seen Kosmic take some mediocre teams pretty far in recent seasons and think Nuge can figure out the buttons to manage.

10) @PureRippin & @Dangs92 :team1:

Accolades: 2x Stanley Cups, 3x Gold Medals, 3x Presidents
    Brief: The Highlanders duo comes together off the heels of some Esports success. Assuming they will bring along some of their buddies, this roster should look pretty good from the jump. Even though I think he is a bum at managing, Dangs does seem to find some hidden gems time after time. Rippin has fallen into the category of bringing in a lot of the same guys and idling thru seasons so hopefully their combined brain will bring them success.

11) @Psyycc & @BRIEREx :team76:

Accolades: 1x Esports title, 3x Norris, 1x Art Ross, 6x Gold Medals
    Brief: A model of consistency, Psyycc returns and should absolutely be in the mix yet again. Rare to this management field, the Kings will have two really good dmen before bidding even begins. The defensive bid pool looks okay but its always nice to have a little money free to spend big on forwards. I expect a lot of the same faces to land on Psyycc's team yet again and put together a nice playoff push.

12) @Ceel Makar & @ScaryJoeyy :team18:

Accolades: 4x Esports titles, 5x Stanley Cups + also Ceel
    Brief: Thanks to Ceel and Joey being the real life bash brothers (IRL buds), Ceel snagged a top top tier GM. And no offense to my guy Ceel, but these guys are this high on the list based on ScaryJoey's resume who will neutralize those who would consider ego'ing Buffalo. Ceel has been playing a lot and is often around good talent so I think he will be able to piece together a nice roster.

13) @I Parksy x I76I & JoshWhoo (Fuck his new tag) :team14:

Accolades: 1x Stanley Cup, 2x Presidents Trophy, 1x Jack Adams
    Brief: A solid duo, Parksy stepped in after the Wayne/Dan fiasco and has run solid teams ever since including scooping up the s38 Jack Adams award. Joshwhoo won a cup in his rookie season and after a mediocre sophomore season, will look to return to that 22 win form. This team should sit in the mix for most of the season.

14) @GeT MuTeDD & @l JLP l :team11:

Accolades: 1x Calder Cup, 1x Esports Title
    Brief: After a nice rebound season for Muted (9 wins to 19 wins), he's joined by a very solid center in JLP heading into s40. This team has some work to do heading into bidding with a lack of a dominant player/managerial success but I think this is a decent start.

15) @l Ringy l97l & @racc2000 :team6:

Accolades: N/A
    Brief: Ringy has been one of the more consistent forwards over the past 5+ seasons sitting in that 15-20 win range and often pairing himself and has built some decent teams. I have heard good things about Racc as a skater and definitely could see this being one of the teams who makes a lot of noise in the playoff race.

16) @Reidxrs & @UniqueSniper135 :team29:

Accolades: 1x Calder Cup
    Brief: Coming off of his best season yet (23-3-1 82pts), Reids takes over Calgary with his buddy Unique. I haven't seen either put a team together so I can only base my thoughts off of who their buddies are and who they might go after. Im expecting this team to be fighting for a playoff spot the whole season. If Both guys can replicate their S39 success, it should be pretty easy for them to claim one of those lower spots.

17) @JerDubzz & TBD :team12:

Accolades: 1x Stanley Cup, 2x Presidents Trophies
    Brief: I have seen who JerDubzz has slated as his GM and think its a nice duo to slide into this mid-tier range. Although he has certainly had some issues as a manager including his time with Ottawa, Dubzz is still a very solid LGer including a 83-30 record at the position he signed up for (LD).

18) @MURPH0270 & @Goostaav

Accolades: 2x Stanley Cups
    Brief: After winning the cup in S38, Goostaav took s39 off but returns to GM for Murph heading into S40. A similar situation to Ceel+Joey, I am not particularly impressed by Murph as a player but he got himself a great GM who has demon thumbs. Murph also took over a downtrodden Ducks team late last season and finished strong so I feel okay about his managerial skills.

19) @Unrealz- & TBD :team30:

Brief: Coming off of a 20 win season with the Blues, Unrealz takes over the Wild but remains GM-less. As long as he finds a formidable partner, the Wild could actually find themselves a little higher on this list. Similar to Lazie and T2S, Unrealz should be able to use his knowledge of both consoles to help his bidding.

20) @Dr Yargage & @NeNe :team23:

Accolades: 2x Esports titles, 1x Hart, 1x Calder Cup
    Brief: Yargage returns to ownership with a very tumultuous managing history but is joined by the very talented Dman, Rux. Not to pound the same point into the ground, but having a good dman before bidding is really helpful. Expect Yargage to be involved in 20-40 snipes during bidding - He is an agent of chaos and his roster will be completely dependent on how those snipes work out.

21) @Shlarchey & @AdxmI1I :team922:

Brief: One of the more polarizing managers, Shlarchey finally gets his NHL team to prove to all of his superior talent evaluation. He is someone who plays with a lot of different groups and actually should have a nice rolodex of players to choose from. Adam is a solid pick up from the PSN side with some success in Xbox ESports competition. If it all falls into place, this team will have a shot.

22) @JxHaTch24x & @Dxmba :team28:

Accolades: 2x Jack Adams, 2x Presidents Trophies
    Brief: The S35 Jack Adams award winner returns to ownership with his pal Dumba to create one of the few double defense manager duos. After his success in S35, JHatch has seen some ups and downs as a manager and a player. Dumba is always a nice choice for a GM and should keep this team relevant. If JHatch recreates some of that s35 magic, they definitely have a shot at sneaking in the playoffs.

23) @The AB Show & @I LouSkiLz I :team78:

Brief: The AB Show has gone from Mem Cup finals loss, to decent Calder run to devastating Calder Cup finals loss in S39. The running theme is that it has essentially been the exact same roster the entire time which has shown success but just hasn't gotten him over the top. It is hard to imagine AB does not bring along some of his guys up to the N but I am really not sure if that will work with the level of talent this season. We will see.

24) @AgentSooksta008 & @Baky9113 :team9:

Brief: Both forwards have a mediocre career in the LGHL but have been stuck on a lot of the same teams the entire time. Maybe on their own with the ability to build their own team they will be able to shine? Time will tell but as it stands, I don't expect this to be a playoff team.

25) @Xquidgamer & @KingPatmoTTV :team676:

Brief: Moves Like Jagr returns to owner after spending S39 with the Preds. It wasn't a horrific season for him (14 wins) or the team (35 wins) but I wasn't impressed with the roster construction. KingPatmo has shown flashes of real thumbs but the consistency is definitely not there.

26) @AAli x 21 & TBD :team17:

Brief: Pretty straight forward, AAli has had some success in past seasons as a manager but unless he brings in a monster GM, I can't imagine this squad gets very far when there are management duos like the ones above him.

27) @Morin xI98I & @Barzy x 13 :team5:

Brief: Barzy is actually a decent get for a GM after his 18 win, 50 goal, 84 pt season last season with Dallas but after watching Morin run the Flames in s39, they have a TON to prove as a duo.

28) VACANThony Stark :team3:

[​IMG]

29) VACANThony Soprano :team7:

[​IMG]

30) VACANThony Montana :team27:

[​IMG]

31) VACANThony Hopkins :team77:

[​IMG]

No Rank) @Miike Scott & @HooFooXIII :team2:

Accolades: 1x Jack Adams, Back-to-Back loser in Finals, 1x Can't stop losing Norris'
    Brief: Joining forces based on a mid-game bet which HooFoo clearly lost, Mike and Hoo will look to avoid killing each other and put together a cute little roster to compete in the East. Only accepting players with great vibes.

• Like Like x 31
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Berube x 9

Berube x 9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    berubex9#0
    Ratings:
    +652 / 53 / -42
    Rocket does have a cup mike but good write up <3

berubex9
  3. mikeychel

mikeychel Living legend

Discord:
    mikeychel#9499
    Ratings:
    +1,468 / 122 / -262
    i realized that after i published but you cant edit because @GrizGoal is a dictator

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    @GrizGoal for the love of god let us edit a post after posting it holy fuck we are taking steps backwards!!!!! I’m gonna be on your ass everyday until we get it now

No Streaming Account
  5. StonewallSieve

StonewallSieve Well-Known Member

Discord:
    StonewallSieve#6688
    Ratings:
    +120 / 5 / -18
    Thanks for the content Mike Scott

Stonewallsieve