EASTERN CONFERENCE AFTER WEEK 1

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by SgtAndyBoy, Nov 11, 2021.

?

will Bridgeport turn their szn around

1. no

27 vote(s)
    67.5%
  2. yes (really means no)

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  1. SgtAndyBoy

SgtAndyBoy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sgtandyboy#0
    Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -22
    Quick write up of thoughts and takes after week 1:
    (Dont mind the grammar not proof reading this and probably typing without looking at the screen)

In order of standings heading into week 2

EASTERN ATLANTIC:

1) Syracuse Crunch
    7-1-1

The crunch are off to a hot start, with several solid returning contracts, dp, and new coming dp, Clinch and savvy were able to fill out the wholes perfectly in bidding. not much weakness in this team as stat shows that the crunch are solid offensively and defensively with a tied record for 1st in goal differential of 43 goals for (tied for most goals for) and only 22 against leading to a difference of 21. I see the crunch staying in the top 3 of the entire east conference.

2) Toronto Marlies
    6-2-1

Mgiroux is a buddy of mine and I knew heading into the szn he was gonna make a great team even though he did not have much to work with. his best moves were before bidding with some quality offseason trades in grabbing chamski (a top g in the AHL), poum92 a solid man while somehow lowering gaining extra cap put of it at the same time which would come in handy in bidding. the main concern with the team thou is that they currently only scored 3 more goals than they let in all szn, not to mention they scored 22 which is tied for lowest goals for by any top 4 team per division. this means that most of their wins are 2-1 or 3-2 games. that could pose an issue when facing high scoring teams down the road. in summary, they need more firepower, but their defence is solid as they let in one of the least amount of goals.

3) Rochester Americans
    5-2-2

Many had doubts about Martz as a G free contract but he's proven that he was capable of building a decent competitive team. he got some great contracts and the team has win over some top teams. despite that, the team does not have any eye popping stats, their goals for is at 27 which is below most of the top teams goal for of an avg of around 32-35. however their defence has been solid as well as their goaltending. as of right now I see them as a competitive team but will need to find some extra firepower.

4) Charlotte Checkers
    5-4-0

the checkers need some serious fire power atm, they are in the bottom 6 for goals for. I personally like some of their contracts but I also dont like some of them as I think they could've allocated that money to other players, however I dont blame them as they did not have many assets to work with and if you've been a manager, you know you can't always get who you want in bidding. despite their offence, they haven't let in a lot of goals and they manage to win one more game then they lost. like the previous 2 teams above, they are gonna need some serious fire power as goaltending and defence can only go so far, especially against the teams at the top of the ranking. I trust tano though as I have seen first hand how good of a manger he can be. plus their defensive stats should be boosted after trading for G KuttnKornerz, which if you didn't know, had a 0.810 sv last szn while facing the 2nd most shots in the league and was on a bottom 10 defensive team.

5) Grand Rapids Griffins
    4-4-1

this team had a very unexpected slow start with with their first line going 1-2 ( both loses to top teams and only win was against a mediocre team in Lehigh). only 1 of their line was above 500 going 2-1 but they 2 wins were both against bottom teams in Bridgeport who is 1-8 and Providence 3-3-3. with the free contracts they have and surrounding pieces, I dont see them staying at this position too long, but with the new game and new learning curve to the game, id have to see in the next couple weeks where they really stand in terms of competitiveness.

6) Providence Bruins
    3-3-3

tbh, I expected more out of this team in the first week than most, I thought they had some decent contracts in terms of what they had to work with, they didn't get anything special or top of the line but I thought they grab a bunch of solid players, but so far their offensives stats has been average and their defensive stats are below average as they have let in more goals than they score. right now I dont see them to be a challenging contender but more middle of the pack.

7) Belleville Senators
    4-5-0

I've seen a couple of other rankings have them high, but atm their numbers have been mediocre, to be fair though, they had next to nothing to work with going into bidding. I did however thought they did great in bidding, more so on the defensive side, but nothing has truly translated. idk if its them issues or something else but I feel like they should be in the top 4, however I do not think they compete against the top 3 in their division. they will need more out of their free contracts who I know are good.

8) Laval Rocket
    3-4-2

honestly, idk any of the mangers at Laval, and I dont know a lot of their roster players besides a couple. their first mistake was wasting their almost 7 mill on a player that's rarely been above 500 his whole career at the A and NHL level, I assume they did this because they only saw that he's been in the NHL. also this is not something you should be spending on if you have no assets, different story if you had returning contracts and dps, but they didn't so they should've allocated their money evenly on the fwd and defence side, instead all their money went to a sus player and they had to use the rest of their money on very low contract players. I see this team staying at the bottom of their division tbh and they will need to move that 6.75 mill contract if they want to upgrade their team, not that anyone would take that contract. also correct me if im wrong but I heard Laval been calling up protected players...

EASTERN NORTH:

1) Cleveland Monsters
    7-2-0

Mine and doer's team. ill try not to be biased as possible. the team is tied with the crunch the most goals for in the league and goal differential with an identical stat of 43 gf - 22 ga. with the 14 draft picks in the draft, Cleveland did not have to work much in bidding, as a result we grabbed the best avail at the respective position with the money we had. like the crunch, they are solid on both end and should be in the top 3 in the entire East. the only draw back I see is that there may be too many rookies and already showed a sign of issues when our only rookie line were able beat 2 above average team but lost against a bottom team. which is 1 of the only 2 lost Cleveland had this szn. a line change up could be the solution to this issue but we are not too worried as of right now.

2) Hershey Bears
    7-2-0

Hershey will continue from last szn and remain a very competitive team. in bidding, they got one of the top d man in splash who has an impeccable ahl record, they had some solid dps from this season, and a couple solid returning contracts from last szn, one of which is Sakxc- who is imo one of the top contracts for his price and value and is currently leading his team in points and 8th in the league. with that being said, there is no surprised that they are tied for first in this division with the monsters. the only player im concerned about is Bxrkov-16, who is a very solid offensive player but can be a cancer in the locker room. if you talk to anyone who was a cuda last szn like tano of the checkers or tofoelli of the reigns, they can let you know how toxic he is. he single handedly made everyone want to quit after just a few bad games. if Hershey can stay winning then they'll be fine, but if he goes even 1-2 one week he will become just as toxic as pucky and will call everyone shit and pick fights with everyone in discord and demand to be waived to the chl.

3) Hartford Wolfpack
    5-2-2

These Wolfpack are the last szn Marlies who won the calder, though most of their last team have moved on and it is mainly just the top line that remain. which btw is def one of the top lines in the A and could even play in the N. I've played them multiple times in club games with nhlers or top ahlers on my side and they were extremely sweaty every time. but it looks like their top line will have to carry very hard this szn, 3 out of 5 of their wins are from the top line. the Wolfpack are sitting at 31 goals for and 31 goals against, their top line accounted for 16 goals and 9 goals against, meaning that the other 2 lines only combined for 15 goals, which is 1 lower than the top line, and they let in a combined 22 goals which is and avg of 11 goals against for the 2nd and 3rd line. while their top line is crazy good and could arguably be the best line in the A, they are going to need a lot more depth to defend their calder.

4) Wilkes Barre Scranton
    5-3-1

Wilkes barre got a solid management group in prosody and mxzzin, but like many teams, they didn't have much to work with asset wise, and with a weak bidding there's only so much managers can do. they got some decent contracts but not anything that will take them over the top. I see them battling for the final playoff spot all szn, but I honestly believe they'll work some magic from here to the deadline and can def upgrade this team on both ends and are themselves more competitive. they have above average offensive power and average defensive numbers (both based on stats), so just a few upgrades might be enough for this team.

5) Lehigh Valley Phantoms
    5-3-1

this team atm is right in the middle of the pack. they dont have much depth per line and will need to bank on cookie (biscuit) and beamed, their highest contract players to carry them. they also have a solid goalie in gunnerskale, who may look bad bc he was 3-18 in the N last szn but he was on a rebuilding Bruins, I've played against him a couple times in clubs and he's always been solid. But this team follows the trend of most, they'll need a lot more depth on both ends to compete, the only reason why they are currerntly sitting higher than they usually are is bc the next team under them is underperforming.

6) Chicago Wolves
    4-5-0

Chicago, who many predicted would still remain a top team is starting off very slow, their first line line went 1-2, and the one team they beat was baby sen (second last in they div) third line. and they only beat them by 1. 2 out of 4 of their wins this szn was against one of the worst team in the league, and against another struggling team, they also lost to the 2 top teams in the conference, monsters and crunch, who are the teams that they will be competing with all szn. the have some of the best free contract in the league in ten ply and groggy, and I still believe that they will end up as a playoff team, its only week 1 so im sure that first line will bounce back, they have good fwd lines, the main concern is their defence, they should and probably are currently looking to upgrade their defence. can never count out a team that was 1 win from the calder last szn.

7)Utica Comets
    1-8

rebuild time lol. the management consist of some solid talent, but obviously there are multiple major issues with the team since they only won 1 game and that 1 win came against the only team worst then them lol. you'd expect more from them since they had some dps whereas some teams didn't have a single asset, going 1-8 is not some "oh couple of rough games we will get through it" scenario, the management are gonna have to start aggressively attack the trade block and make some changes as soon as possible to make up for week 1 and possibly the rest of the szn. not only going 1-8, they are outscored by 19 goals, basically they are letting in double what they score. the manager talent is there, now they just gotta rebuild around it.

8) Bridgeport Islanders
    1-8

absolute dumpster fire, they only scored 20 goals for and let in 51 goals against, giving them the worst goal differential in the league... by a lot..., the next closet is -19, and then the next is -14. they put some questionable big money in just_heinz who was bounced around the league last szn and was eventually waived to the C, and they also put 5 mill into toes, who imo is not bad at all, but should not be at 5 mill when he went 9-13 last szn and 13- 10 the szn before. especially when their were other players with he same price who are more worth the contract. the funniest thing is that I was actually in their scouting discord and pin party chat, so I seen that they scouted a lot but somehow didmake anything out of it. for the management crew, dont take this an insult, im speaking straight honesty and idk how else I could talk about the team without making it sound bad. maybe I should say "this team is bad, respectfully." im not sure they can even make their team better tbh, they dont have any assets that are other managers would be willing to trade for and give up their own good players for. Id suggest they just keep waiving and calling up random chlers until they find hidden gems and just continue with that for their whole team. idk tbh

let me know what y'all think. none of this are personal attacks and most of it aren't even personal opinions, they are from the numbers I see on the LG site, if you think there's something I dont know then feel free to say so in the replies. thanks, was gonna do a west post but this took so long and I kinda feel lazy now lol

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    sgtandyboy11
  2. NotSoapz5312

NotSoapz5312 NotSoapz

Discord:
    notsoapz#0
    Ratings:
    +236 / 3 / -18
    too nice need more toxic andy #murderbabeandy

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account