WOW MEDIA? FOR LOFFS? 4ths Predictions!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Im 4thLine, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    Playoffs are here! Which means content!!! I will not and don't ask me to do this again if I'm out of loffs or simply cause i may not want to.

Please enjoy the read and ill await the thumbs down, "GG", dumb posts for all who don't like my takes!

Also this is my opinion on what line played and what I think. sorry i couldn't watch every stream and know what's going on in detail.

Takeaways:

- On the Season series I look at the Head to Head from LG, i don't know if someone played and isn't there now and i dont know if you changed lines etc.

- Not many top lines played the opponent they are facing in round 1 which is pretty crazy

- This took wayyy too long.

- im i bad speller so im sorry in advance

um, gg

EAST

(8) :team78:Penguins VS :team74:Hurricanes (1)

Series: 2-2
    Overall Season Series Stat Line Leverage: Pens
    Lines that played Pitts: 2nd line, 3rd line
    Lines that played Canes: 2nd line, 3rd line
    Better Depth: Canes
    Better Game 7: Canes
    4ths Hot Take: there is none (sorry pens)

Summary:

We all want to see upsets but in reality, the pens tried to throw their season sending down their 2nd(?) best dman, a Calder nominee to their AHL in hopes of pushing the Baby pens to the next level to win the Calder. In reality, i don't think they ruin their AHL as an impulse decision that they have a chance to beat Carolina. Carolina is simply too good. There's always avail or maybe half the roster for Carolina is missing but the pens need to go and and get the first goal and pray to god their Goalies take g-fuel and lock in for them to have a chance. In all seriousness, the pens to me were the surprise team to make the loffs. Right from week 1, I had them wrote off. ABshow did good (until he quit and i hope all is good with him personally) building a team that surprisingly, has that "pesky" feel to it. All the players play chel and they have the former cup champ petey vibes back there to help them understand how theyre going to beat a team like the canes. AK line continues to show they can play at a top line level with 19 wins.

The canes are deep. They are the best team in the league (overall) and the team i think everyone is hopeful to see knocked out before they end up having to face them. A team with Lem and big money Burnsy, everyone knew was going to be a cup contender. To be honest, the only thing that would be the cost of an upset would be goaltending. Stat line is sick but they both face under 10 shots a game. Their FWD core is a juggernaut and their dcore plays a tight game. Lem and Doughty have 3 cups in 5 seasons and burnsy is hungry for his cup so i don't see them losing in round 1.

Key for Pens: AK line has to go 2-0
    Key For Canes: they simply cannot choke
    Player to watch on Pens: Perri has to stand on his head
    Player to watch on Canes: Jersaids cause hell probably be unreal!
    Prediction: Canes in 5

(7) :team14:Capitals VS :team21:Tampa (2)

Series: 1-1
    Overall Season Series Stat Line Leverage: Capitals
    Lines that played Caps: 1st line
    Lines that played Tampa: 3rd line
    Better Depth: Capitals
    Better Game 7: Tampa
    4ths Hot Take: Caps bring it to 7

Summary:

This series is going to be close. Might seem like that is obvious to most or maybe I'm delusional? In the season series, it just looked like all caps from the stat line but then again, that's cause it was a 1st (maybe 2nd) vs Tampa's 3rd. But if it was the caps 2nd line, Tampa might be in trouble. One of the big successors in a good playoff run is third lines upsetting top lines and then simply not choking a game that you should win. I really like Tampa's chances in 7 games but it really depends on how good the dream line can play for Washington. Its a video game, usually in round 1 i don't find a lot of upsets happen. But it is NHL 22 and well anything can happen. With OD and Nuge back there i think they can risk forcing a game 7 if they find themselves in a pickle but their goaltending is a big ???? to me. Washington is in a situation where i think they wont be at a disadvantage when it comes to not having home ice and if they beat Tampa's top line once, i think you could see them take it to at least 7.

Key for Caps: not giving Tampa's third line a win
    Key For Tampa: consistent goaltending
    Player to watch on caps: Rivzter guys been hot but I'm not sure what line he plays on??
    Player to watch on Tampa: Beaupre. Backup has to steal one.
    Prediction: Tampa in 7

6) :team6::team20:Senators VS :team6::team12:Rangers (3)

Series: 1-1
    Overall Season Series Stat Line Leverage: NA
    Lines that played Rangers: Mixture
    Lines that played Sens: NA
    Better Depth: Sens
    Better Game 7: Sens
    4ths Hot Take: Sens shouldn't even be in loffs but they got gifted

Summary:

Its the most wonderful time of the yearrrr! The word gift fits so nice for these two teams and its good they have friends to help them out! But I'm not here to talk about what we already know. But it is funny they end up facing each other round 1.

This is actually going to be a good series. I really like the Sens roster. Hard to not pick them with a gabseh/rocket followed by karmuh/metayer line. To be honest with you, i think its the team to beat in playoffs. The reason i have "NA" up above is they got rid of the issues on the team and got 2 top lines. The line matching in this series to me makes it or breaks it for one of the teams. I think the team that gets the matching they want, wins the series. which seems pretty obvious but there are teams that can play a "i don't care who plays what line" type of playoffs". Gabs line will continue to lead the way and should go 2-0 making it up to their depth to take out the rest. The question mark for me on Ottawa is the third line. Depending how they play them, to me they are set up for an 0-2 performance making it likely this goes to 7. As for the Rangers, their Bass line showed in the last game of their season that they can play the biggies... and win. Rangers have looked to do a good job sharing the "elites" on their team and if they stay the course of their last 10 (8-2), they'll win. I don't think the Sens beating the rangers is that much of an upset. I honestly think its the other way around.

Key for Rangers: Stealing a win vs the Gabseh line
    Key For Sens: Karmuh Line
    Player to watch on Sens: Gabs staying on C is something to watch.
    Player to watch on Rangers: Buffalo star. I think needs to continue to play how he has on his line as i would think they get the hard matches.
    Prediction: Sens in 6

(5) :team10:Wings VS :team4:Flyers (4)

Series: 2-1 flyers
    Overall Season Series Stat Line Leverage: Flyers
    Lines that played Wings: All
    Lines that played Flyers: Mixture of 2nd and 3rd?
    Better Depth: Flyers
    Better Game 7: Flyers
    4ths Hot Take: Flyers win 4!

Summary:

I know i said the flyers and 4. That doesn't mean i don't like the wings chances.. confusing i know.
    I think the games will be close but like the Sens, i really like the flyers depth. Jared and 98 are people you don't usually bet against when it comes to LG loffs but its not their team and its showing a bit that Jared is missing 98 on wing with one of, if not his worst season. I knew Reiders and Unique would have a playoff team but i didn't think they would have a 100 point team and a team that stayed near the top all season. I don't know the lines they got through out the season (difficulty wise) but when we played their 3rd it was pain. Sit on a blue line and shoot turds. That's how you win but if you start trailing, you have to get off that mentality/play style. I do know the Wings play a lot of puck though so maybe they grind and prove me wrong. The games will be close and really could go either way so the sweep is straight up just a hot take. If I'm the flyers, i just simply think you don't allow Detroit a chance for their 3rd to steal one. The one thing to note is i think Detroit has one of the best if not the best Goaltending tandem in the league.

Key for Flyers: Home ice advantage
    Key For Wings: 3rd line stealing one
    Player to watch on Wings: Jared and taking control of his games
    Player to watch on Flyers: DRB. I think similar to Buffalo star in Ottawa, he has to continue to show consistency and not get exposed
    Prediction: Flyers in 6 (in reality)

West

(8) :team76:Kings VS :team29:Flames (1)

Series: 3-1 flames
    Overall Season Series Stat Line Leverage: Flames
    Lines that played King: All
    Lines that played Flames: 2nd and 3rd
    Better Depth: Flames
    Better Game 7: Flames
    4ths Hot Take: ummmmm no comments at this time.

Summary:

Will not spend too much time on this as it is the team im on. Its pretty simple. Flames were a washed team post bidding then we got called a regular season team so its no doubt everyone wants to see us lose. To be honest, the Flames goaltending is the deal breaker for me as a whole. It needs to stay hot like it has for the past 9 weeks for this series to be "easier" on the flames. Kings are hot. I think Psyccc has put himself in as a nomination for GM or management of the year (whatever they call it). He was very very far out of loffs and then didn't quit and ended up making it as the final spot. The Kings have depth and their third line is hot. If one of their lines got 2-0 i think they put themselves in a spot to steal the series. The president trophy winners don't have it easy for a first round that's for sure. Best of luck.

Key for Kings: Blurs line
    Key For Flames: honestly.. staying composed
    Player to watch on Flames: NA
    Player to watch on Kings: Briere - if he can lockdown and take a game and lets blurs line play another factor, they put themselves in a good spot
    Prediction: Kings in 4

(7) :team9::team300:Stars VS :team391:Jets (2)

Series: 3-1 stars
    Overall Season Series Stat Line Leverage: Jets
    Lines that played Stars: 1st line
    Lines that played Jets: Looks like all
    Better Depth: Jets
    Better Game 7: Dallas
    4ths Hot Take: The league lets Dallas have the first under roster in LG Playoffs history

Summary:

I think Texas loses round 1 AHL but let them lose it fairly. I think you allow WPG to make the decision if they are allowed to play under minimum roster and can only use AHL Roster pieces and eligible TCs. I think after round if Dallas upsets Texas will be out anyway so who cares.

ANYWAY, I think Jets take it LOL. Its hard to compare depth cause well...

Lou did a thing. He built a really good team... of friends... except this time he got other peoples friends and not just his washed ones! Lou knows chemistry wins and he also knows that's how people have fun. Every line Lou has can bail out each other when they choke a game. I think line matching is no problem for the jets. Its just a matter of what kind of goaltending are they going to get. Last thing for WPG is they have (to me) one of the best 3rd lines. They play to win and they dont care how the goals go in. They play the definition of NHL adapting. They play for the ugly ones and sit on their blue line.

As for Dallas, their top line is good and their game 7 is as good as many other top teams. CJ line to me has to go 2-0 and they have to expect to be down 0-2 from their ECUs anyway. They might have good AHL stats but now they're playing in the NHL and in the playoffs AS the worst seed. That is like x3 nerves.
    Dallas i think keeps it close as they are hot right now and have nice pieces but its too big of a mess for them to steal it.

Key for Dallas: CJ line not losing
    Key For Jets: the goaltending
    Player to watch Dallas: Whoever they call up
    Player to watch on WPG: Binger.
    Prediction: Jets in 5

(6) :team3:Blues VS :team8:Avs (3)

Series: 3-1 Avs
    Overall Season Series Stat Line Leverage: Avs
    Lines that played Blues: 1st and 2nd
    Lines that played Avs: mixture (as they have been all season)
    Better Depth: Avs
    Better Game 7: Avs
    4ths Hot Take: Please show me game 7

Summary:

They may not have the best game 7s in the league but i think it will be one of the best game 7s to watch. They both don't have a top end game 7 dpairing (yes i know dangles is good so don't roast).
    But with a Vezina trophy finalist the Avs take this and i think pretty easily game stat wise but STL might make it a longer series than Colorado want. STL is good and to be honest i didn't want them in round 1. Something about Ethan being on one like and Joey on the other is something i wouldn't want to face. The Avs i don't know if Hendry and fish play together or split up but i think their playoff run success is relied on the NYR line. Be interesting series to see and as long as Fish doesnt make the lines, we should have a long series.

Key for Blues: Joeys Line
    Key For Avs: Good avail
    Player to watch Blues - Ahuff. we all know we have to watch him shooting but what if he changes it up? That's the X factor... lawl
    Player to watch on Avs - Reject - Steals 1 game its over
    Prediction: Avs in 5

(5) :team11:Oilers VS :team17:Canucks (4)

Series: 3-1 Canucks
    Overall Season Series Stat Line Leverage: Canucks
    Lines that played Oilers: Looks like a mixture
    Lines that played Vancouver: 1st and 3rd
    Better Depth: Oilers
    Better Game 7: Vancouver
    4ths Hot Take: I don't know... Oilers sweep?

Summary:

I really don't know what to say for the hot take and a lot of the voting shows its pretty balanced all the way through. I think Vancouver shocked many this season and their top line I think is better than the Oilers. What i like about the Oilers is they seem to be very good in one goal games. Much better than Vancouver is and in playoffs, though i know its is a video game, you see a lot of closer 1 goal games. I know Edmonton gave us issues this season and i know muuted likes to play the bigs. So if he can shut down Twist then this is looking like a lopsided series.

Key for Vancouver: Goaltending
    Key For Oilers: Keeping the games tight
    Player to watch Vancouver: Iginla
    Player to watch on Oilers: Gilbzey staying hot
    Prediction: Oilers in 6

• Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Matt4for4

Matt4for4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    matt4for4#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 8 / -12
    Thanks for the media

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Reidxrs

Reidxrs Otters All Time Legend

Discord:
    Reids#2641
    Ratings:
    +375 / 30 / -33
    Love it. zZzZz

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    ReidersWeiners2
  4. Byfuglien x33l

Byfuglien x33l LFG discord.gg/Eashl

Discord:
    Byfuglien x33l#2028
    Ratings:
    +339 / 8 / -19
    Thanks for the media, hope you’ll make it next round and still have the motivation to do another similar media for round 2 !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    byfuglienx33l
  5. Pope Dave ll

Pope Dave ll 113 IQ score

Discord:
    popedaveii#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 39 / -35
    Kings third line hotter than megan fox

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1