Elite 8 Power Rankings by JOFA8087

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by JOFA8087, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Luzzy_66

Luzzy_66 Luzzy_66

Discord:
    Jofa8087#2870
    Ratings:
    +35 / 1 / -1
    *Disclaimer*
    This is my first attempt at making a “Power Rankings”. I mostly ranked the teams based on their rosters. Each team will have a MUP (Most Underrated Player). All constructive suggestions and feedback are welcome. Please keep in mind that this piece is meant to be informative and entertaining. I want to reinforce the latter as there is (and there will be) no need to create drama as a result of this publication. ENJOY! :)

1- Carolina Hurricanes
    This “Bunch of Jerks” has one formidable roster that assured them the top spot in their conference. Led by @LemeIin, @Burnsy x 92, @McLxvinn, and @l Doughty l, this group plays one of the best team defenses in the league. This team is built to win games, regardless of their opponents’ play-style. It is also important to acknowledge Carolina’s top goalie @Pavsy73 who had a Vezina caliber season with an outstanding record of 41-8-4. Carolina is facing some of the best competition, especially considering that the Eastern conference is packed with talented teams.

Most underrated player: @JerSaids

2- Ottawa Senators
    The season of giving was very beneficial to Ottawa as multiple teams gifted high-end talent to this team. Some elite talent from Quebec will surround owner @Rockxt 5 and GM @Gabseh. From forwards @Karmuh x 86, @Mxtayer, to defensemen @I HDC I, and @Dolbec l25l, this team improved tremendously and might even pull the upset as the Los Angeles Kings did earlier in the playoffs. The Ottawa Senators have no apparent flaws, as their first-round sweep demonstrated. In my humble opinion, the second-round matchup between Ottawa and Carolina easily could have been a Stanley Cup Finals matchup if the two teams were in different conferences.

Most underrated player: Bell Fibe Internet

3- Philadelphia Flyers
    This edition of the Broad Street Bullies relies on great players, but it also overflows with chemistry. Owner @TheHeroicDuck, GM @DDW-_-, @Dups77, and @Shockz are pillars to this very deep Philadelphia roster. It is essential to mention @Ddezo’s and @Tjhdp11’s very modest contracts, which are at 1,000,000$ and 750,000$ respectively. The Flyers are bound to face the Tampa Bay Lightning, a very skilled team that might (or might not) lack depth. As a wise gamer once said, “Third liners win championships,” and that saying will definitely hold true in the second round.

Most Underrated Player; @Tjhdp11

4- Colorado Avalanche
    @Hxndry and @x Fisher 81 had their fair share of reluctance at the beginning of the season, being amongst the league’s worst teams after two weeks of action. The duo quickly changed their fortune with a series of profitable trades that brought @l Mccutch l, @Anxcitys, @NT F0X, and defenseman @canuckftc12W to Colorado forwards. All these changes resulted in the team producing at an elite pace. Bolstered by top point producer in @NYR95, this “new and improved” Colorado roster will likely make a push to win it all. The team overcame a 1-3 deficit against the Saint-Louis Blues, and they are now facing the unpredictable Edmonton Oilers.

Most Underrated Player: @Henreek

5- Tampa Bay Lightning
    Tampa Bay’s roster comprises a mixture of top-tier talent and a plethora of good contracts. They don’t have a Kucherov on LTIR, but they do have @Odieeeeee, @Nuge, and @KosmicEA, who are paving the way for a possible Stanley Cup. This team, much like the rest of the top 5 teams, has no apparent flaws and will have to go to war against other eastern powerhouses. The only reason why I have this specific roster at #5 is because of their depth, which I honestly don’t know much about. The Lightning will need perfection in each of their games against the Flyers if they don’t want to see Gritty showing up in their nightmares.

Most Underrated Player: @BTW8892

6- Los Angeles Kings
    Everyone loves a good old Cinderella story, and this group of gamers has written the first few pages of their tale. @Psyycc and @BRIEREx have made a few moves during the regular season, and it is safe to say that they were able to acquire playoff performers. I would like to rank this team higher in this ranking, but as underdogs, I think that they will need to prove themselves against a very systematic squad in the second round. Overall, I believe that the ownership group alongside players such as @Artic Blur, @Beaudy x 91, and goalie @Finn l35l can elevate this roster into a true Stanley Cup contender.

Most Underrated Player: Dabaws l24l

7- Winnipeg Jets
    This team is tough to rank as it is not composed of the best players individually, but it relies heavily on chemistry (which is just as necessary). Winnipeg’s roster is filled with players who have previously played together, which makes them more threatening than what I might be expecting from it. This season’s goal leader @AG7859 and points leader @Melvin x 94 will need to carry their regular-season success into the second round if they want to overcome the surprising Los Angeles Kings. Furthermore, the Jets had a decisive series win against the Stars in the first round, which should benefit this team’s confidence.

Most Underrated Player: @Gumba l11l

8- Edmonton Oilers
    A team needs to be last in power rankings, but that does not necessarily mean that the Oilers are bad. While they perhaps have the weakest ownership group of the remaining teams, the Oilers can still count on their top line composed of @PBanc, @Zarvek, and @Gilbzey, which features two former Rocket Richard winners. Their defensive core is evenly spread out, but they also lack a formidable defenseman who can take over the last game of any given series. Like their opponent, this team will want to prove its worth by reaching the conference finals.

Most Underrated Player: @EvMalkin

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Hoozus

Hoozus -

Ratings:
    +480 / 31 / -50
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Farfadet92