When Bidding Stood Still...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by erinssilence, Feb 25, 2022.

?

Was the ending of bidding worth the wait?

1. Yes

11.1%
  2. No

13.9%
  3. Why the hell did it take so long?

22.2%
  4. I love cheese

13.9%
  5. I'm somewhat of a scientist myself

38.9%
  1. erinssilence

erinssilence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    Bidding season. The time of the year when managers get no sleep, players beg for bids or less bids, trolls roam free in the shout box spreading more fake news than the Onion, and everyone overthinks everything. This season marks my return to writing threads after taking a season off from writing to focus on real life things but now the sarcastic queen of stats and ruffling feathers is back. Too bad for you AHLers this will probably be my only post for the AHL because I have a tendency to only focus on the league I'm playing in and since none of yall thought I was even worth 750k well tough titties for you, the CHL will get my threads instead.

Back on track here now, this bidding session seemed to be moving quickly. Bids and players flying off the board. Prices staying low and reasonable. Snipes hyping up the shout box every time. But then things stalled out, teams started putting on the tin foil hats and that's where the fun begins.

With two forward bid spots left on the board and only Bridgeport and Providence left we saw the beginning of the greatest game of chess LG can offer. Well it would have been the greatest but then both teams bid on separate guys and made the whole thing a giant waste of time. It all came down to Providence having the cap power and Bridgeport refusing to bid first so they wouldn't get outbid. A solid strategy but an annoying one as well. Both teams were willing to sit, wait, and even risk losing that bid spot just so they could keep playing a defensive chess game.

The shoutbox was going nuts. Managers and roster players were going at each other and defending their own all while claiming the other team had been bidding up their guys the whole bidding session. When the dust settled it turned out that it was a bigger waste of time than watching Kevin Costner's Water World (seriously don't watch that movie its terrible). None of Bridgeports players they won got bid up by Providence. In fact, from what I can see, there was not even a single instance where Bridgeport and Providence were even in on the same player...ever! Literally the one and only time that could have potentially had a bidding war and known it was each other was on these last bids. All that theorizing and scheming for nothing. But who are the two bids that held up this whole session? Well for Bridgeport it was ChrisF1GT and for Providence we got Gibby l63l. So who are these two and why did the LG world stand still for hours because of them?

Chris is in fact R34 who's changed his name multiple times in the past week and had to buy out a ban as well. R34 has been around awhile though having success in multiple levels on both Xbox and PSN. He was last seen in the AHL on xbox in S39 for Belleville where he went 18-4-4 with 79 points. I can see why Skyre didn't want to bid first here especially given the player that Providence took instead.

Compared to R34, Gibby is more of a mystery. 5 games in the CHL (1 in S35 and 4 in S39 playoffs), 4 in the AHL (all S39), and 17 in the NHL in S36 but all of those were on D. His stat sheet isn't filled with points and it's not like he's got some fantastic record either. Which raises the question of what does Providence think they know that others don't know? Considering players that were left in the bidding pool at the time there were way more established options that have a track record of success, so why Gibby? Is he a stud in a different league? Is he a buddy of someone on the team and constantly in club with them so it's a chemistry thing? Or is it something more nefarious such as a hidden 2nd tag? (for legal reasons this is a possible theory and not an accusation of any sort)

Whatever the case may be, AHL bidding has finally ended. The great chess match and claims ended up being unfounded. The dust has settled and each team seems to have gotten what they want. Leaving me to be bitter, most likely overpaid in the CHL, and with my media attention elsewhere for the remainder of S41. So remember when you go to sleep at night after another grueling bidding session that none of it really matters because it's a free league playing for fake internet bragging points.

This has been another piece by the great and marvelous Erin. Please proceed to comment, bash, and accuse me of things in the comments below. I only stir but it's all of you who help put the shit in the pot.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    memphisonfirex
  2. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    Thank you for media

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    Great write up! Morale of the the story @skyre5 is a coward for being down here in the first place and he’s only just started his coward like antics

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    You apologize to skyre right now!!!!

No Streaming Account
  5. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    I’m sorry for making fun of you skyre. It’s ok to take 5 victory laps through the ahl like high school I guess…

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. R34NHL

R34NHL .

Discord:
    R34#8702
    Ratings:
    +241 / 57 / -32
    well

No Streaming Account