s41 Post Bidding AHL Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Fleury l8l, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Fleury l8l

Fleury l8l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +600 / 17 / -20
    First I would like to say, these are rankings based on roster quality and depth, as well as management and star power (G7 players).

32. :team393: Charlotte Checkers :team393:(29 pts)
    Now it's early, but so far this is certainly the most mediocre roster post-bidding. To be fair, jdj and Golden Aces didnt have much to work with from last season, that being said there were guys who deserved bids over some players on this roster.

T-31. :team1475: Henderson Silver Knights :team1475:(30.5 pts)
    Similar to Charlotte, this team's forward core is mediocre at best, however, they have. solid d-core which gives them an advantage. That being said, they are all defensive d men, so look for this team to be winning/losing a lot of 1 goal games.

T-31. :team778: Laval Rocket :team778:(30.5 pts)
    A solid forward core, but a below-average defense puts Laval in the bottom of the power rankings. Bleeker is an experienced manager, but only recently in the CHL. The teams best position group is 100% goaltending. Mamba, one of the CHL's best, and Darkstar who has been a good goalie for some time. If Bleeker can sure up the d-core, this could be a sleeper team.

T-31. :team312:Rochester Americans :team312:(30.5 pts)

As much as people are giving this team a lot of crap after looking through it's really not as bad as it seems. On forward you have chem between Jbrodiee and Uncle Juice, with a lot of solid support players. The d-core is about average, but serviceable. Goaltending will be a question mark early.

T-31. :team519: San Jose Barracuda :team519:(30.5 pts)
    Where do I start? No offense, but what was the plan? There are a couple of sleeper names but no big hitters. Like none. Most of the money was spent on the D core, but how are you going to win if you cant score?. I don't mind the goalies though. Chilly is very good when he's consistent.

T-31. :team618: Tucson Roadrunners :team618:(30.5 pts)
    I would say this roster is the best of the worst. What I mean by that is that Lagsak and Sensei have are either going to do well or do really bad. Some of the key players on the team haven't played in a few seasons, so we won't know what Tucson is till the season starts.

26. :team515: Bakersfield Condors :team515: (31 pts)
    I first want to say I am impressed with Hughes bidding considering he came over from PSN. The forward core looks solid, but the defense is lacking. Sure they have Ice Tilt Warrior, but how motivated is he going to be considering we all know where he wanted to go. Like Tucson, this roster has the potential, but we won't know what they are till the season starts.

25. :team309: Syracuse Crunch :team309:(31.5 pts)
    Darthy spent big on forwards and then went with a 750k army of defenders. A bold strategy, but with this lack of D in bidding, I can't really blame him. Forward wise he has 2 solid lines and then some fillers. The defense is going to be hit or miss. If the D can play somewhat well, this team will be pushing for a playoff spot. However, if not, Darthy is going to have a hard time finding cheap D men.

24. :team317: Cleveland Monsters :team317:(32 pts)
    At first glance, the roster is solid, but like previous teams, they lack the big hitters. A lot of 2nd line caliber players mixed with some s40 CHLers who need to show they belong in the A. On D, Magic and Moose should be a top pair this season, but after that, there's a drop-off. A solid goaltending duo should help that though.

T-23. :team299:Grand Rapids Griffins :team299:(32.5 pts)
    To be honest, I was expecting more from Soxfan, that being said his roster is still very solid. A good mix of new and old players. Sox and Shackleton should hit 16+ wins as a D pair, so that's a plus. Look for this team to be a sleeper.

23. :team390: Milwaukee Admirals :team390:(32.5 pts)
    After being bid to 5m last season, Ouelette decided to take matters into his own hands. I will say the roster has a lot of potential, but it's going to all depend on how much these guys play together outside of LG. Almost no chem lines may hurt this team early. Look for them to rebound week 3 and on.

T-21. :team314: Hartford Wolf Pack :team314: (33.5 pts)
    Swizz and Kookz move up together and build a respectable roster. Considering they had 0 assets to work with, this is a good start. They have a solid top line in Rant and Dutch. I think they picked the right support players to fill out the rest of the roster. That being said the defense is a bit questionable. Bardown is their best LD, which is fine, but we won't know what Hall Of Fame is till this weekend. In net, they have guys who have had success at the CHL level but not a ton above.

T-21. :team516: Stockton Heat :team516: (33.5 pts)
    This will be an interesting team to watch over the season. Skoonee and Phantom are tenured players but new managers. An above-average forward core and an average D core puts them on the verge of a playoff spot. 4.25 for echo is a bit much, however, Swaggy was one of the best D men in bidding.

T-19. :team362: Iowa Wild :team362: (34 pts)
    This team is another one to keep a close eye on. A lot of chem spread out over all three lines. Depth at all skater positions is a great way to start the season. However, I do think their goaltending could hold them back. We will have to see.

T-19. :team307: Manitoba Moose :team307: (34 pts)
    Squadcav had a very impressive personal season, but can he build off of it, or will it be a one-time thing? I do like their forward core a lot. The only knock would be the center depth, but that can be fixed. However, I do think they are lacking the G7 defensemen to push them over the hump and into playoffs.

T-19. :team410: Utica Comets :team410: (34 pts)
    Draward don't take this the wrong way, but I think Utica got worse. Utica lost arguably their best player at each group (Hoopla, Alergh, Teal). Maybe it was a factor of bidding, but the other top teams were able to improve. This team will have a lot of question marks heading into the season, but they did s40, and look how it turned out.

T-16. :team625: Colorado Eagles :team625: (35 pts)
    This team has potential, but they are going to need the Horny brothers to win 20 games if they want a shot at playoffs. The defense is pretty bad, but I do think goaltending should help with some of that. A couple of key acquisitions could turn this team into a sleeper.

T-16. :team350: Hershey Bears :team350: (35 pts)
    Lapo moves to forward in a bidding he probably should have stayed at D, that being said he will still be a tremendous force at forward. However, I am not a fan of the forward depth. The defense has some good players but no one great outside of Drover. I'm confident they will have a solid roster come playoffs, but right now they are a bit behind the eightball.

T-16. :team617: Springfield Thunderbirds :team617: (35 pts)
    This will be a big season for this ex-Syracuse management group. They failed miserably last season in building a team to support the top line. So far I think they have done a better job with the forward depth. The defense depth has some questions, but id assume the TurnDown4Butts bid was a troll bid. Look for FalseHope to hard carry! /s

T-16. :team315: Bridgeport Islanders :team315:(35 pts)
    Well. Skyre and Soup, arguably a top 3 duo, are at 16th??? What are you thinking fleury? Well when I woke up Friday and saw they only had 3 bids won, I knew it wasn't going to be a great bidding for the Islanders and it wasn't. They were able to rebound with some good contracts, but I think the defense is a total disaster compared to the teams in front of them. I expect them to turn it around, but for now, I cant put them any higher.

12. :team300: Texas Stars :team300: (35.5 pts)
    After getting ego'd by Khaan, Alergh took a team with JP Nasty. And while I think he could have found a more skilled player, I do think JP is a good manager. JP showed that in this bidding. A lot of good cheap steals on both forward and defense. Although they do have JuicyHodge on D (RIP). I do like their goalies. Look for this team to finish top 3 in their division.

11. :team395: Chicago Wolves :team395: (36 pts)
    One of the most surprising teams out of bidding, the Wolves have a great start. Not one player on offense is a bad pickup. Maybe some slight overpays, but you cant totally argue against any of them. I do think they are missing a G7 D man, but they have the depth to make up for it.

T-10. :team1099: Coachella Valley Firebirds :team1099: (36.5 pts)
    Coachella is at 10 solely because of how much worse their defense got. Although Bevi is still on the team, this was not the right bidding to move to forward. Losing Always Carried also hurts. However as we saw last season, Duggz is a master at trading, so expect them to be a competitor all season long.

T-10. :team517: Ontario Reign :team517: (36.5 pts)
    DO5 and JayP have built a solid team heading into the regular season. They have one of the best goalie tandems and have spread their cap out well. Some will say they shouldn't have paid 5m for Tyrant, but he should be a force come this season. Getting MacknChel for 1m was a great pickup. Ontario already looks 5x better than last season. Even without broom!
    T-8. :team777: Belleville Senators :team777: (37 pts)
    Well well well. Khaan, Frank nice job. Some were questioning your resigns (not me), but now that we can see the finished product, it was the right decision. A lot of chem and skill at forward gives this team the ability to roll 3 good lines. The defense will be a bit questionable, but thats kind of expected this season. Also a good tandem in Spiers and Millsy.

T-8. :team302: Lehigh Valley Phantoms :team302: (37 pts)
    Sham and Mantzzy built a very strong team out of the gate. Despite being known as a snake towards his former teammates, Sham was able to replace them with ease. With the largest contract being 3.75, they have a lot of flexibility to move pieces in and out. The defense could hold this team back, but I'm confident Sham has it under control.

T-6. :team349: Rockford IceHogs :team349: (37.5 pts)
    Eamonn doing Eamonn things. Choosing to spend the right money on the right players. I am a huge fan of Obiwansz as well as Nvnzo. 1 or 2 key acquisitions and this team are top 3 without a doubt. Look out for some RA luck to push these guys into the top mix.
    T-6. :team298: Toronto Marlies :team298: (37.5 pts)
    What I would consider the most underrated team so far, the Marlies look poised to continue where they left off. One of the best forward cores, as well as one of the best D cores, should be enough to keep them a top 5 team all season long. Goaltending is solid too.

4. :team518: San Diego Gulls :team518: (38.5 pts)
    Although it may have come off as they were trolling during bidding, WW was able to build a competitive roster. I like their defense a lot, MitchyBingo was basically a vBandit lite last season so look for him to take a step. Cleaning up the forward core a bit would make this team an instant contender.

3. :team352: Providence Bruins :team352: (41 pts)
    Had Fly and Ryan been able to get a couple of their targets on defense, they would be #1 without a doubt. One of, if not the best forward cores in the A as well as, in my opinion, the best goalie tandem should keep them atop the AHL for the entire season. If they can improve their defensive depth watch out for a back-to-back Calder run.

2. :team2050: Abbotsford Canucks :team2050: (41.5 pts)
    The Calder Cup runner-ups had a fantastic bidding. They fixed their issues of forward depth by adding one of the best forwards in bidding, Hardie. They also sured up their goaltending by adding MnSn1per, who I know is a very good goalie. The one knock on this team might be their defensive depth. That being said, if Morty and Burnsy carry their weight, Abbotsford might have the firepower to win it all.

1. :team301: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins :team301: (42.5 pts)
    I knew Kessel was a good manager, but this was a master class of a bidding. I don't think it can get much better. Maybe better goalies? But both are solid regardless. There's a chance all three lines are first-line caliber which would be nuts. Expect this team to be winning 7+ games a week.

What did I do wrong? Let me know down below!

• Like Like x 30
    • Winner Winner x 13
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Savvyy4

Savvyy4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +519 / 40 / -84
    How are texas and baby sens not 31-32 FRANK AND AL are frees

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. TITO JAKS0N

TITO JAKS0N BETTER CENTRE THAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ratings:
    +283 / 48 / -68
    Great write @Fleury l8l always nice to see!
    One thing. Coincorgi aka tito is back and coachella is winning it all!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  4. Scampurs

Scampurs zzz

Discord:
    scampurs#0
    Ratings:
    +130 / 18 / -27
    as well as, in my opinion, the best goalie tandem

holy im so good

• Winner Winner x 1
    Scampurs
  5. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,600 / 863 / -487
    You suck

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Broomball1881
  6. Pope Dave ll

Pope Dave ll 113 IQ score

Discord:
    popedaveii#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 39 / -35
    Mediocre fwds on Henderson? I'm the best!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    popedavell
  7. Draward x 97

Draward x 97 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Draward x 97#5024
    Ratings:
    +117 / 14 / -23
    Don't agree with Utica being worse then last season at all - the team is definitely improved. Well we definitely lost some key players we replaced with some very solid talent.

We've been doubted before so nothing new there - just have to prove everyone wrong again.

Cumet SZN

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    draward
  8. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    Thanks for the media!!

persinger92
  9. Sumaaa--

Sumaaa-- Washed is the new meta.

Ratings:
    +441 / 22 / -58
    bad D here. Thanks for the write up

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    sumaaaaaaaa
  10. Ducky x6

Ducky x6 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    duckyx6#0
    Ratings:
    +164 / 19 / -12
    Thanks for doing some media!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. mikeychel

mikeychel Living legend

Discord:
    mikeychel#9499
    Ratings:
    +1,468 / 122 / -262
    except vs. Mike scott in Boston 12s

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,600 / 863 / -487
    Take his name out of your mouth you shitter

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    Broomball1881
  13. iamchillson

iamchillson Beer League Backup

Discord:
    Chillson#1194
    Ratings:
    +201 / 26 / -51
    I like to not think my goaltending is questionable but to each their own

IamChillson
  14. Jumps69

Jumps69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +451 / 48 / -89
    we have DT55 we'll be fine

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Jumpsss
  15. Kookzyy

Kookzyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Kookzyy#0394
    Ratings:
    +214 / 8 / -15
    Great read fleur

kookzyyyy
  16. EL D 18

EL D 18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 8 / -7
    Chirp is real calling me an overpay ... @Fleury l8l
    you only say that because you never saw my party presence !!

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Joey Geno

Joey Geno Well-Known Member

Discord:
    joeygeno#0
    Ratings:
    +4 / 2 / -0
    Thanks for the write up! Hope to prove you wrong in the next couple weeks!

V/R

Joey

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Neil x 25

Neil x 25 Former AHL Cover Boy #BACK

Ratings:
    +485 / 53 / -53
    Phantoms D core gonna snap it around don’t worry, I’m easily the greatest level 1 in NHL 22

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    @Brisan x6 you’re the first team on the list!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    LG_Voracek
  20. skyre5

skyre5 AHL's Most Underpaid Player

Discord:
    313sky#2061
    Ratings:
    +559 / 34 / -71
    Don’t care, didn’t ask, plus the Bills stink

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account