s41: Pre-Season Award Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Gilbzey, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,685 / 42 / -118
    Art Ross Trophy - The Art Ross Trophy is presented to the National Hockey League's leading scorer for the regular season.​

Winner: @AG7859 - (RW) :team10: Detroit Red Wings :team10:
    AG has won 3 consecutive Art Ross trophies, he was traded back to @Melvin x 94 again this off-season, and their team is still good, I don't expect AG (and Slim) to not be atop the league in points once again.

Runner-Up: @CaLL Me Jakoo - (C) :team15: San Jose Sharks :team15:

Jak is one of the best owners in LG, and one of the better players, he consistently puts up a lot of points. Bringing @Odieeeeee back into his team leads me to believe he will have an even better season than last in which he was 5th in points.
    Maurice Richard Trophy - The Maurice Richard Trophy is presented to the National Hockey League's leading goal scorer for the regular season.
    Winner: @AG7859 - (RW) :team10: Detroit Red Wings :team10:
    Hot take, he repeats for this award as well.

Runner-Up: @Hullzzyy - (RW) :team1: Toronto Maple Leafs :team1:
    One of LG's most disliked players. Hullzy has proven to be one of the top scorers in the league with 105 goals over the last 2 seasons, if he can keep the toxicity low he should be competing for awards once again beside @Dangs92 or @PureRippin in Toronto.

William M. Jennings Trophy - The William M. Jennings Trophy is awarded to the goaltender of the National Hockey League with the lowest goals against average, and who have appeared in at least 25 regular season games.
    Winner(s): @Pavsy73 & @vBxnditt - (G) :team75: Chicago Blackhawks :team75:
    Pavsy won this award last season on Carolina (team swap) with @Sexton I23I the only difference is this season the D core in front of him is even better than s40, I expect them to be among the league best in GA once again.

Runner-Up(s): @Tendy & @I Iginla I - (G) :team676: Vegas Golden Knights :team676:
    I hate putting my own team for awards, cause it seems biased. But I truly believe we got one of the best tandems in the league, behind an above-average defensive unit. Both of these guys were starters last season, and allow us to ride the hot hand.
    Jack Adams Award - The Jack Adams Award is a National Hockey League trophy awarded to the most outstanding management team during the season.​

Winner: @Hall x 71 - (RW) :team12: New York Rangers :team12:
    Last season the award went to the best team because of the roster reset, but usually, this award goes to a team that exceeds expectations. Hall gets free reigns of a team without Kush and Willis holding him back, and he brought in one of the better AHL managers too, I think the Rangers will surprise people.

Runner-Up: @l Assonnato l - (LD) :team3: St Louis Blues :team3:
    I'm not sure where people consider the Blues, but I think they will be better than many people expect.

GM of the Year - An annual award presented to recognize the work of the top general manager in the NHL.​

Winner: @Dangs92 - (LW) :team1: Toronto Maple Leafs :team1:
    GM of the year goes to a GM who is very active in every facet of the team and helps them do well with trades, bidding, drafting, etc... I think Dangs has a very good shot at this award, they already did really well setting up for the draft, and have a solid team, losing @Landy Byng will be early adversity for the team to fight through.

Runner-Up: @Shlarchey - (RW) :team31: Anaheim Ducks :team31:
    If the Ducks have any chance of making the playoffs, it's because of what this guy does. He was an owner last season, and although his team wasn't great, he still had a good individual season and said he has learned a lot for this coming season.

Hart Memorial Trophy - The Hart Memorial Trophy is presented to National Hockey League's "Most Valuable Player" of the regular season.
    Winner: @KosmicEA - (LW) :team2: Boston Bruins :team2:
    One of the most expensive players in bidding will reward the Bruins with a great season. One of the better players in the league who can take over a game at any time. Coming off a 21 win season, he will need to repeat some of that success to win this award, but I think he'll stand out on this team.

Runner-Up: @Stifmeister x 7 - (LW) :team8: Colorado Avalanche :team8:
    Stif is one of the best goal scorers in the league, with 96 goals in the past 2 seasons he is a constant threat for the Maurice Richard. For the Avs to make the playoffs, Stif will need to pot at least 50 goals and have 19+ wins, if he does something like this, it'll be hard to not give him the award on this team.

Calder Memorial Trophy - The Calder Memorial Trophy is presented to the player in the National Hockey League player selected as the most proficient in his first year of competition in the NHL.
    Winner: @Jos x 10 - (C) :team1: Toronto Maple Leafs :team1:
    A top versus player moving into 6s, had over a 2ppg as a defender in the CHL, and had over a 3 ppg as an ECU forward in the NHL. He was the undisputed 1st overall pick, I'd be surprised to not see Jos runaway with this award.

Runner-Up: @D3xtr0z cO - (RD) :team75: Chicago Blackhawks :team75:
    Not entirely sure who this is, and not sure what the rules are for people in the draft, but the dude had 70 CHL games played and was still in the draft. Anyways, Lem & Doughty wanted him bad, and kept him on the roster, he is in one of the best positions to succeed out of any draft picks.

James Norris Memorial Trophy - The James Norris Memorial Trophy is presented to the NHL's best defenseman.
    Winner: @Odieeeeee - (RD) :team15: San Jose Sharks :team15:
    One of the best defenders in the entire game, hasn't been as competitive for the Norris the past 3 seasons, but this season he's back with Jakoo, the last 3 seasons of them being managers together, Odie took 2/3 Norris trophies. I think he'll prove again how dominant he is.

Runner-Up: @LemeIin - (RD) :team75: Chicago Blackhawks :team75:
    s39 and s40 Norris winner and one of the best in the game will obviously be competing for the award again. He'll have a lot of the same pieces back on his line, allowing him to repeat his success. I do believe though, there is a chance that Lem and @officialmark07 both put up such good stats that it hurts each other in voting for the award.

Frank J. Selke Trophy - The Frank J. Selke Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League's forward who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game.
    Winner: @S4KIC - (C) :team17: Vancouver Canucks :team17:
    The s36 and s37 Selke winner returns to top form is s41? Sak is among the best in all defensive categories for Centres every season, back to building his own line and team, I think Sak takes the Selke Sak name back.

Runner-Up: @jared2112 - (C) :team7: New Jersey Devils :team7:
    Back to managing with his brother @Terraluna_98 this season, Jared is set up to be a 20 game-winner once again. He was consistently a finalist for this award in many past seasons although he has never won it, he hovers around 55% in the dot, with 80+ takeaways. He should for sure be in the conversation come season's end.

Vezina Trophy - The Vezina Trophy is presented to the National Hockey League's best goaltender.​

Winner: @Pavsy73 - (G) :team75: Chicago Blackhawks :team75:
    Last season's winner will have a solid chance to repeat, he is a great goalie behind arguably the best defensive core in the league.

Runner-Up: @th4 x w4ll - (G) :team10: Detroit Red Wings :team10:
    Wall is one of the best goalies in the game, shown by him being the most expensive G in the league. Surprisingly though, he has never won a Vezina, could this be the season?

Ted Lindsay Award - The Ted Lindsay Award (formerly Lester B. Pearson Award) is presented annually to the "most outstanding player" in the NHL as voted by fellow members of the NHLPA.
    Winner: @P4ttelite - (LW) :team23: Florida Panthers :team23:
    No need to explain why clear and obvious.

Feel free to post below any awards you disagree with and who you think will compete for said award. Except the Ted Lindsay, that award is not up for discussion.

• Like Like x 30
    • Winner Winner x 13
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Bruins37

Bruins37 CHL Shitter | $0 Player

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    Thanks for the media but I can't let this one go without saying something here:

Runner-Up: @Shlarchey - (RW) :team31: Anaheim Ducks :team31:
    If the Ducks have any chance of making the playoffs, it's because of what this guy does. He was an owner last season, and although his team wasn't great, he still had a good individual season and said he has learned a lot for this coming season.

His record was comically better than most everyone on his team last season because he scrubhunted on a weekly basis and forced almost everyone else to play vs top lines alongside ECUs. His management style is to pad his own record playing vs nobodies while making 400 trades a season. I don't dislike the guy but there has to be a better pick here lol.

• Like x 11
    • Winner x 6
    • Informative x 4
    • Dislike x 1
    • Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. l Dings l

l Dings l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,051 / 68 / -126
    Good write up my g, go sharks!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Shlarchey

Shlarchey Well-Known Member

Discord:
    shlarchey#0
    Ratings:
    +535 / 116 / -193
    Thanks… I played when I could last season due to esports and psn but thanks for the love gilb and bruins <3

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    ShlarcheyYT
  5. Bruins37

Bruins37 CHL Shitter | $0 Player

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    I mean let’s be real here, you went out of your way to scrub hunt every week. It’s ok, just be honest about it. Esports excuse is a nice try but explain how many on the team were playing vs top esports lines in lg games alongside ECUs while you just conveniently happened to be able to play vs nobodies every week? Seems like all the elite esports dudes would be playing on the same nights in LG if the ESHL schedule really affected it. Weird!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Shlarchey

Shlarchey Well-Known Member

Discord:
    shlarchey#0
    Ratings:
    +535 / 116 / -193
    Psn was priority when my team stunk do to ne having a bad bidding. u can go look at my psn game days it was all over the place so I play the opposite ones either way tho bro I sent you and as many as I could to a good home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ShlarcheyYT
  7. Zubov l21l

Zubov l21l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zubovl21l#0
    Ratings:
    +41 / 5 / -2
    Nice write up. Thanks for the much needed media. LGR

• Like Like x 4
    Zubovl21l
  8. Matt4for4

Matt4for4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    matt4for4#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 8 / -12
    Need shlarchey v bruins cage match

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. UniqueSniperr

UniqueSniperr THESE YOTES

Ratings:
    +210 / 11 / -16
    St. Louis stinks, great write up though gilbz

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. SweatedOrb5

SweatedOrb5 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    boahhh#0
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1
    This is great media gilbzey. Think this is the first time @Hall x 71 has gotten gotten any recognition

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. The Gr8 Haxby

The Gr8 Haxby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +380 / 9 / -18
    Norrisby

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. KingFormless

KingFormless Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +601 / 50 / -50
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    Thanks for the media brother!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  14. Byfuglien x33l

Byfuglien x33l LFG discord.gg/Eashl

Discord:
    Byfuglien x33l#2028
    Ratings:
    +339 / 8 / -19
    Good Write-up Gilbz, I’m happy to see any kind of media at this point but yours was really good.

• Like Like x 1
    byfuglienx33l
  15. Pavsy73

Pavsy73 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 2 / -1
    Great write up man, appreciate the work you put into it. I'll throw Sexton in as a dark horse for the Vezina this season, the guy is absolutely cracked. He'll be in the conversation by the seasons end!

• Like Like x 2
    pavsy