Top 5 Worst Free Contracts (So Far)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by l L3FTY l, Mar 17, 2022.

1. l L3FTY l

l L3FTY l Mediocre Defined

Discord:
    lleftyl#0
    Ratings:
    +445 / 22 / -27
    Week 3 is in the books and we've collected enough of a sample size to see who's costing the team points in the standings. You guys are managers, figure it out already. Get some better players around you and do that hockey.

That said, we're starting from #5 and working our way down to the bottom of the barrel. Here are the worst free contracts so far this season.

#5) C - @Hughes l43l

Stat line: 2-4-2, 19pts (6G, 13A) -4. 28 shots, 13 hits, 6:00PIM, 54% F/O, 19 T/A, -35 T/G

A PSN CHLer who's made the jump it appears. I don't know too much about this player, so this ranking is solely based on stats alone. There were a few guys in the 2-3 win range that I considered for this spot, but given his position is more crucial than some of the wingers in this win range I went with him for now. I did like some of his acquisitions in bidding (@KeBrik for 750k is a steal given the levels of talent out there) and the duo of Ryne & Godon was a good add given their familiarity with each other, both coming off the most recent Mem Cup SSM team. @Fly I25I is still probably punching the air about Bakersfield landing DDA Warrior.

Let's see if he can turn things around and go on a bit of a heater. Bakersfield will need him to perform better since they are currently sitting 1 point out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.

#4) C - @ItsCOC

Stat line: 3-6-0, 11pts (6G, 5A) -12. 38 shots, 23 hits, 16:00PIM, 50% F/O, 33 TA, -48 G/A

Apart from being a solid guy, COC is a pretty solid defender as well. However, he's testing his luck at forward this season with split games at left wing and center. Thus far he sports a concerning combined record of 5-17-1 at this level when not anchoring the blueline and is coming off back to back 10-0 and 7-0 losses, respectively. However, the Eagles find themelves well entrenched in a playoff position and with some correct line matching and wingers I could see COC finishing right around the .500 mark.

#3) LD - @Swizz Wrld

Stat line: 1-7-1, 3pts (1G, 2A) -23. 11 shots, 32 hits, 23:00PIM, 33 TA, +1 T/A, 11 blocks

Swizz decided to make the jump back to the AHL this season after not having played regularly at this level since S33 or S34. He also decided to play at a position that is completely new to him on LG and it's clearly showing. Amongst the hundreds of combined games at all levels, Swizzy only had 3(!!!) games as a defender, and it was on the opposite side. I don't know if he kept hearing how easy defence was, or listened to some bad advice, but this kind of performance is woof-level worthy. Swizz is known to build great teams and won the Memmer back in S37, so I'm not surprised Hartford is still within the playoff mix. But if he doesn't turn his (and the line he plays with) performance around, they might soon separate from the rest of the (Wolf) pack.

#2) C - @l KhaaN l

Stat line: 1-7-1, 11pts (2G, 9A), -7. 15 shots, 16:00PIM, 48% F/O, 31 TA, -32 G/A

He had the line he wanted right off the hop, with Little Butta and Dylanisclown as his wingboys. Brought in elite right stick up-clicker @FrankZTank6. Started the season off strong with a win against Hartford and has since lost 8 STRAIGHT GAMES. Now, for the second season in a row, he's traded @Dylaniscool61 and Belleville is on the back foot, sitting in a putrid 15th place. I love Khaan and think he's a capable player and manager, so I expect more moves along the way to try and right the ship, regardless of the friendships on that team. But already 8 points out, the clock is certainly ticking.

#1) LW - @JP NASTY

Stat line: 0-9-0, 3pts (2G, 1A) -26. 27 shots, 12:00PIM, 23 TA, -74 G/A

Yikes. I feel for JP in all honesty. He regularly builds CHL contenders and the writing was on the wall for a lot of guys to move up with release of new gen. I know he commited to this position at the last minute and I'm not going to flame him for it. @ALERGH is new to management and I'm sure JP is teaching valuable experience he can use moving forward. But this is a stats based post, and those stats are worthy of an immediate send down. I can't imagine the vibe in the Texas discord is too good right now, with the team sitting tied for last in the league with 17 points. I'm really rooting for this management team to turn it around and I'd like to see them bring in some players with chem and familiarity to get something going here. Playoffs are going to basically be non-existent without some 9-0 and 8-1 weeks in the near future, so expectations are at an all-time low. Can only go up from here I guess.

*Disclaimer*

This is not a personal attack at anyone. I hope all these guys turn it around and end up having good seasons. It's just me looking at the stats and writing about them. If it makes you feel any better, you can tell me I suck too. We'll get through this together.

• Like x 10
    • Winner x 5
    • Troll x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Sedin i33i

Sedin i33i Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 127 / -133

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Pope Dave ll

Pope Dave ll 113 IQ score

Discord:
    popedaveii#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 39 / -35
    • Funny Funny x 1
    popedavell
  4. Fullsend3174

Fullsend3174 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fullsend3174#0
    Ratings:
    +73 / 2 / -11
    Khaan is very familiar with turning a 15th seed team into a playoff team, he shouldnt be worried

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    I never make lists!

No Streaming Account
  6. KeBrik

KeBrik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -12
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. eLcocc

eLcocc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elcocc#0
    Ratings:
    +30 / 4 / -5
    if you played forward this season like a real Dman gm you'd be right there with me man :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Retnuh23

Retnuh23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 6 / -6
    Coc is the best!

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. x Golden Aces x

x Golden Aces x Exercitatio, Perfectus, Pervinco

Discord:
    x Golden Aces x#7064
    Ratings:
    +444 / 30 / -21
    Wow he didn’t take this opportunity to take a shot at me, must mean I don’t suck!

x_Golden_Aces_x
  10. STL Bleeker

STL Bleeker Lifetime LG Puck Guy

Discord:
    Bleeker#4095
    Ratings:
    +339 / 27 / -31
    STLBleek
  11. Sedin i33i

Sedin i33i Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 127 / -133
    List needs update

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. KeBrik

KeBrik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -12
    @l L3FTY l

#5) C - @Hughes l43l

Stat line: 2-4-2, 19pts (6G, 13A) -4. 28 shots, 13 hits, 6:00PIM, 54% F/O, 19 T/A, -35 T/G

A PSN CHLer who's made the jump it appears. I don't know too much about this player, so this ranking is solely based on stats alone. There were a few guys in the 2-3 win range that I considered for this spot, but given his position is more crucial than some of the wingers in this win range I went with him for now. I did like some of his acquisitions in bidding (@KeBrik for 750k is a steal given the levels of talent out there) and the duo of Ryne & Godon was a good add given their familiarity with each other, both coming off the most recent Mem Cup SSM team. @Fly I25I is still probably punching the air about Bakersfield landing DDA Warrior.

Let's see if he can turn things around and go on a bit of a heater. Bakersfield will need him to perform better since they are currently sitting 1 point out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. l L3FTY l

l L3FTY l Mediocre Defined

Discord:
    lleftyl#0
    Ratings:
    +445 / 22 / -27
    @KeBrik

[​IMG]

upload_2022-5-4_13-57-6.png
    upload_2022-5-4_13-57-27.png

upload_2022-5-4_13-57-58.png

In all seriousness, congrats to @Hughes l43l for building a pretty solid team and having a good turnaround after week three. Considering it was his first season owning on XBOX, I'd say he did fairly well.

Maybe it's time to do a final worst Top 5 of the season...

No Streaming Account