WJC S15 Post-Draft Analysis

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming World Jr Championship (LGWJC PSN)' started by Givens43, May 18, 2022.

1. Givens43

Givens43 Meep Meeps Franchise Leading Goalscorer

Discord:
    givens43#0
    Ratings:
    +291 / 8 / -25
    Hello. Now that we have passed the WJC draft, I'd like to post my thoughts on each team's roster.

Canada

Personally, I'm really surprised by the decision to not draft anyone. It's a bold strategy but let's see if it pays off.

Germany

Much like Canada, Germany has opted for this new meta of not selecting any players in the draft. Whether this was their plan going into the tournament or a last second reaction to Canada's shocking strategy is still unknown though.

Great Britain

Now while they are the reigning champions, they are also under new management. " " has stepped in as the owner and is not content with just running it back. Instead, Great Britain has also followed suit and hasn't selected a single player in the draft.

Jamaica

First time owner " " has made it clear that just because they are inexperienced, doesn't mean they can't keep up with the veterans. After a week of scouting and preparation for the WJC draft, Jamaica has decided against drafting a roster.

Japan

A country well-known for innovation (and Pikachu), it is rumored that these were the original creators of the "no-draft" meta. Truly always one step ahead of the rest of the world, and I'm not just talking about time zones.

Netherlands

They didn't take anyone in the draft. Shouldn't really be a surprise by this point. I'm only halfway through this bit and it's not even a good bit but I'm dedicated to it. I'll come back stronger on the next one.

Norway

I lied. Still resting. They didn't take anyone. Moving on.

Poland

The pre-draft favorites to win the tournament, Poland had a legendary management pairing in " " and " ". However, many people believed that they failed to distinguish themselves from the other teams after the draft when they decided not to take anyone.

Sweden

While they didn't draft anyone, I personally think this was the best route for Sweden. They never really had a chance anyways. Get dunked on, Sweden.

Switzerland

Stop me if you've heard this before: This team had all the tools to be a contender until the draft. Allegedly they planned on selecting players in each round but they overslept on the night of the draft. It would've been interesting to see how a traditional team would've worked in this new meta.

Ukraine

Nope. No jokes.

USA

The last team. A true underdog in WJC. They caught my eye early on and I thought this might be the team to shock the world. However, they didn't select anyone in the draft. I still think they're going to win though.

I miss WJC.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Givens43
  2. MNxWILDx

MNxWILDx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MNxWILDx#1515
    Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -9
    We asked for info regarding WJC, and this man delivered! Great read Gavin!

Yours truly,

-Bear_Legs-CANADA

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. steelreserve2977

steelreserve2977 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 50 / -75
    I don’t know if this is a sign up for a world juniors

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account