S42 Champs Ontario Reign: Finally Broke the Curse

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by zClmZy, Sep 13, 2022.

1. zClmZy

zClmZy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 8 / -26
    The team so many people have loved to hate and doubt all season, so many people prayed for our downfall, from the beginning of the season, all the way to the end. A franchise that’s truly been filled with pain. Without a playoff banner and with players in and out of conference finals and calder cup finals… the boys have finally changed that. Huge congrats on finishing the job Reign Train and working so hard to finally get what most of us came up short to get for so many seasons. Three banners and a calder later, it brings me great pleasure to say, we have your S42 Champs, the Ontario Reign. :)

This is a bit of an essay, fair warning but here we go:

First and foremost, I want to say thank you to @l3l Ray l8l and all the N guys for giving us the opportunity to bring this deserving squad a calder finally. You and all the NHL boys were always in general looking to root us on, play and help us whenever we needed. I’ve hands down never had such a supporting NHL squad in all of my LG seasons. <3

Without further ado, I want to especially thank @Laporshkin for hitting me up before the end of last season and deciding to do this with me. You’re one of the smarter managers I’ve had the pleasure of working with and you taught me so many things. Your defensive skills on the ice and offensive ability while carrying the puck was amazing this season. We truly wouldnt be here if it wasnt for you throwing on your backpack during Game 2 of round 1, scoring 2 beauties, one of which was in OT. You have a sick pair of thumbs and your late night camaraderie will be remembered. :) I would also like to thank @Lup l7l as well, our huge preseason trade for you was so big for us, not only as a management group, but as a team as well. A lot of people don’t give you credit where it’s due, but you’re one of my favorite Cs to have played behind yet. You’re playmaking skills are second to none and you always play a full 200 foot game and it’s one of your biggest pluses. Watching you grow into the C you are today has been amazing the past 3 seasons. You also helped guide and coach players into the winning mindset they all have today. I appreciate you both so much for helping build this absolute train of a team and putting in so many nights of work preseason as well as during the season to make this possible with me. I also wanted to shout out @I Kessel x 81 l for helping during bidding, giving advice during playoffs on line matching and rooting the boys on all season, you played a big role in solidifying some of our choices.

Papa Johns Line: @xMIMICm @Kaxnan @Avatar x TLA
    Our game 7 legend in the conference finals, Mimic, you’ve been a hell of a center for me this season. Your style at C is one of the grossest I’ve seen in the A, your thumbs and pickups are calculated to hell and you have an absolutely nasty shot. Kax, it’s a shame Bardsi put 4.75 on you, but we found a way to get you with us after so many weeks of crunching some numbers. Your playmaking skills on wing and forechecking ability was absolutely amazing for us in the short time you’ve been here. You put the line on your back when necessary and you have such a unique style that works so well. You’ve been my friend for a while and I’m glad we could get you on board for another cup. :) Avatar, a late addition to the line, but what a good one. Your finishing ability, thumbs and playmaking skills really brought this line together up front and proved to be this lines bread and butter. From a goalie cup to a winger cup, you’re an amazing player all around the ice. Thank you guys for giving great avail all playoffs long and really buying in to our changes and trusting us along the way.

Dominos Line: @Shlunker4412 @Karmz 14 @Brettkov
    Our project line, Shlunker, from a nana cup to this one, I knew you’d be a great player from the first time i saw you, your G3 breakaway in TRIPLE OT of the Finals just shows how much vision of the ice you have and you have a nasty set of thumbs. On any other team, you’d easily be a 2nd/1st liner. Karmz, we brought you in late, but my god, what a great pickup, as the season progressed you got better so quick, your shot is one of the better ones i’ve seen coming up from the C, and you have an elite ability of reading the play. When you told us you wanted to come up, I was so glad to have you on board with us and get you going with the boys. Brettkov, you were our late late addition with a ban/callup we had, but your cycling ability, grittiness and attitude is what i admired most from you and you played the part. You never gave us or anybody shit and I respect that man. Thank you guys for also giving us great avail for the most part during your run.

Little Caesars Line: @Lup l7l @Gentkos @Gingeey US
    (Lup and Gent) I figured you both would be a great matchup on the same line. Your abilities to move back and forth between each other and read was absolutely elite come playoffs. Gent your scoring ability is absolutely insane and you’ve been a pleasure to play with this last half of playoffs, your vision of cuts and offensive iq has been one of my favorites to play with/watch this season. Gingeey, we’ve been friends now for so long, since we both first started LG i always knew you were something special iq wise and have tried to get you on every LG team i’ve ever been on. Your playmaking ability, defensive iq, and forecheck was absolutely huge this playoffs. You’ve been a great teammate and an even better friend to me throughout all my LG seasons. What a wagon of a line…

@Delle IX my d partner for most of the season, I remember week 3 when you asked for advice on your game when you were already killing it here. I just knew I had something special in you man, your offensive ability was absolutely nasty all season. As you progressed your breakouts got so much better as well as your overall defense. You’ve hands down been one of my favorite RDs to have played with.

@SWRV Ascend my Game 7 d partner, from the first time I played with you, I felt our chemistry was amazing, our swings were elite. your defensive style is very similar to mine and our breakouts felt like yin and yang man where we could read off each other. You’ve also progressed into something truly special this past season while still maintaining your old simple habits that i liked about you. Thanks for giving us awesome avail all season.

@Sylvi Kid 5 one of the best contracts in the league this season, your iq of the game is nasty and translated so well onto the team. In G3 of the Calder Finals you absolutely dotted Shlunk up the middle for the OTW and that’s a play that’ll go down in the books. Your patience/iq on breakouts, when to pass and defensive ability is truly something to watch. You’d be a #1 ld on any other team this season. I know you didnt agree with us from time to time, but we’re truly happy you decided to buy in with all of us here. Thanks for always giving awesome avail as well.

@Grxffon I’ll really miss your singing videos in the discord on gamedays, LMAO. Your offensive ability at D even while being offhanded was amazing this season, the clamps you brought in during the season was amazing and I was in shock when i first saw you play tbh. Your attitude in our discord will truly be missed and I loved having you in parties. Thanks again for giving us great avail.

@Mxtayer our certified biggie and @ everyone hater, you always gave us a great attitude this season and gave the boys feedback when needed for the ego check. You’re an absolute goat everywhere on the ice and now you can say you’ve won a calder. Thanks for clamping in net and being chill with us all season Coach Tayer.

@FLEET GOD my god, you needed a save man. After absolutely chirping you all offseason and playoffs for getting wrapped on by me you really bought in this past season. Your help communicating with us and the team was amazing as well as gathering the squad together during gamedays has been much appreciated. This season you’ve grown into something special in the pipes back there. S40 vs S42 Fleet, you got that dog in you now and you absolutely stole games for us regular season and playoffs. This playoffs, we took you to Game 7 3 rounds in a row and you posted an .867%, 6 SOs (2 in G7) one of which in our last game ever, and a 1.38 GAA. For all of those reasons, I’m happy to announce that you’re our S42 Playoff MVP! I’m happy from Abbotsford to Ontario that we could get a cup together man. :)

If you’ve made it this far congrats, you’re about as crazy as I am for writing all this. A shoutout to all our amazing ecus this season and playoffs, MJKO, Slayer, Smyth, Scotty, Llama, Picky, Celly902, Ryley, Jphilly, Chick, Dauntless, Bick, Shorty, thanks for always being available to say if you could play or not and giving us heads up when you could. Finally one last shoutout to the really important friends we lost/traded along the way, who still continued to support us, I respect and love all of yall Gezer, Kucherov, and Sansky. <3

That wraps it up. What a team effort from everybody. I love yall. When it Reigns it POURS. CONGRATS ONTARIO WE FUCKING DID IT! CALDER CHAMPIONS!!!

• Winner Winner x 22
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. I Holtz 88 I

I Holtz 88 I Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1
    :team517::team517::team517::team517:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. FLEET GOD

FLEET GOD Retired

Discord:
    FLEETGOD#3126
    Ratings:
    +397 / 13 / -62
    Finally Made a Save

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    FLEETGOD1
  4. Grxffon

Grxffon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    grxffon#0
    Ratings:
    +43 / 8 / -12
    <3

• Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  5. Delle IX

Delle IX Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Delle#5148
    Ratings:
    +81 / 4 / -7
    4FF22A8A-4932-450F-B6A3-4EB8DE76EF12.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    Delle9
  6. N1ghthors3

N1ghthors3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    n1ghthors3_37755#0
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Congrats Reign! Enjoy it! Hell of a team.

Glad to see @Laporshkin get his Cup after failing him twice in the past 2 seasons. Now I failed on the other side so he could succeed ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Lup l7l

Lup l7l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 15 / -68
    not too bad for an overrated team

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Kaxnan

Kaxnan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kaxnan.#0
    Ratings:
    +279 / 20 / -30
    • Funny Funny x 3
    No Streaming Account
  9. ltzRayy TTV

ltzRayy TTV Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ltzrayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,184 / 46 / -62
    great fucking work guys hell of a season, glad to see the goat @Laporshkin finally get his calder cup huge W.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    ltzRayy
  10. Tabarquack

Tabarquack "If you smelt it you dealt it"-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Discord:
    Pinks0#0108
    Ratings:
    +84 / 3 / -9
    Congrats boys!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. TITO JAKS0N

TITO JAKS0N BETTER CENTRE THAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ratings:
    +283 / 48 / -68
    I think I might suck

Great series Cronktario. Not gonna lie I didnt read any of that essay it like lagged my whole phone lmao.
    Definitely not an easy task to stop playoff tito from stopping you and you stopped me from doing it. Well deserved boys

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Draward x 97

Draward x 97 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Draward x 97#5024
    Ratings:
    +117 / 14 / -23
    Congrats Reign on an incredible season - broke the presidents trophy curse as well.

Well deserving to a solid group of guys.

@Gentkos my boy winning as a goalie, now as a forward, what's next? you running it back at D to complete the cycle?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    draward
  13. Avxtrr

Avxtrr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    Could I be counted as Elite yet with 2 calders?

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    I scrolls through entire paragraph cant read that much shitter, games so garbo championship means nothin punk

• Troll x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Frishmania

Frishmania Active Member

Discord:
    Frishmania#7205
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -1
    Congrats to the Reign management for building a beaut of a team, and for the team for getting it done. @Shlunker4412 is one of the lg beauts I been blessed with knowing, and it brings me great joy to watch this beautiful human win a Calder. Way to go. <3

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Iv 0VI vI

Iv 0VI vI wyddd stepbr0VI

Ratings:
    +113 / 6 / -15
    Way to bring the Calder Cup to the west boys. Congrats and it's well deserved

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account